Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: I journalist. I will write article Dan Fry in Arabic translate English and put website with all evidonce.

There's a difference between (quality) journalism and simply handing out private information. You will see that real journalists explain causations. They don't write down the private address or visa# of the holder of $_investment-bank. You seem to mix up the work of governmental investigation (like the police or bureau) and journalism.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@miTgiB said: If you don't get a DMCA notice to have it removed in the first hour ;) Right or wrong, DMCA is a highly abused tool to silence online speech.

... but "sadly" it does not work everywhere with every domain extension :P

• @Jarland

Nah, I've just been here long enough to know what I'm talking about. This has been going on long before concernedcitizen showed up. Have a search.

• @nabo when you report on thief you give all evidence. Jarland question if I have driving license or I lie. When I say I have paper, I have paper. No joke.

@GetKVM-Ash This true. Dan Fry many years, many company, many people no money.

• @mitgib in my country you write newspaper, dmca not problem, man with gun problem.

Thanked by 3netomx djvdorp Gary
  • edited June 2012

vps6.net and solusvm.vps6.net still down. 36 or 48 hours now

Dan Fry not buy DDOS protection.

I check DNS and now he use free Cloudflare:

Domain Name: vps6.net
    Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2013-07-17 08:23:29
    Creation Date: 2011-07-17 08:23:29

Name Servers:
    mary.ns.cloudflare.com
    fred.ns.cloudflare.com

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: when you report on thief you give all evidence.

Yes, to the police or other authorities. But you don't make this public. Only if you intent to declare a defamatory fatwa. But that isn't called journalism.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @Jack Cloudflare not good for DDOS. Big DDOS Cloudflare stop and put DDOS direct on server.

@Nabo fatwa is Islam ruling, I Coptic

• nabonabo Member

@concernednetizen said: fatwa is Islam ruling, I Coptic

That was metaphorically speaking.

• edited June 2012

@Jack see
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1148292
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1065748

People say Cloudflare not DDOS protection. When DDOS come, Cloudflare send traffic direct your server

DamonCloudFlare on WHT say:
    Good summary We do not position ourselves as a DDoS solution at all

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

@GetKVM-Ash Sorry, I'm obviously new to the Internet and have no idea how things work. You're just being a cheerleader for anything concerned says (again, most of what he says is good research, a lot is just blind accusation) and attacking potential competition. We could have a contest to see which of us has "been around" longer (the Internet, this is just one forum), but it's pointless and LET is not the only place in the world where deception, ignorance, and enlightenment are expressed. If you know for a fact that Jeremy = Dann, you have to accept this statement as fact: Dann Fry is the only individual who would lie about knowing Dann Fry. Logic is hard.

You're free to believe what you want. You may be 100% right. But you're not on an intellectual high ground by drawing conclusions as fact without proper evidence. There is no proof that Jeremy = Dann, therefore a conclusion is currently unknowable. He may very well be, but what benefit is there to declaring it fact? Oh right, competition ;)

No hard feelings, I just don't check my values at the door like most people on the Internet do. I don't like to take part in trying to usher someone into failure, no matter their past. Maybe that's a cultural difference, but to me the ability to "let go and move forward" is almost worthy of taking part of the definition of adulthood. That's all I'm going to say about the matter unless ServerGurus responds to my email asking about Jeremy and their relationship with VPS6. Seems everyone wants to make accusations but I'm the only one who has emailed them? I know someone tried their live chat but I don't think that's the best venue.

Looks like their site is running in some capacity, client area available.

• I not use CF, I think SSL workon CF or no?

He take credit card with no SSL?

edited June 2012

SSL is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I use it, it just seems to me that a lack of SSL isn't where most attacks get their fuel.

He take credit card with no SSL?

Their payment gateways process credit cards, they do not as far as I know.

Thanked by 11q1
  • @jarland he say 'VPS6.NET accepts a variety of payment gateways, including direct credit card'

Down again
    No cached version is available

edited June 2012

@concernednetizen I stand corrected. At least they're not taking orders from the front page.

• @Jarland Here you need SSL to take credit card. I think USA the same

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen said: 'VPS6.NET accepts a variety of payment gateways, including direct credit card'

Our Credit/Debit Card gateway is provided by PayPal, who process payment details directly. Credit/debit card details are not stored anywhere on our servers. The gateway has been disabled until our full client portal is online again.

No cached version is available

We took the website offline after you posted its IP. You are now personally responsible for the downtime, which I'm sure excites you. Shall I direct our clients to your email address for support, or would you prefer that we continue to move forward constructively?

• JacobJacob Member

Jeesh, You really hate this Dan fry guy don't you...

I would call that obsessive stalking and having too much free time, I recommend taking up Golf.

@concernednetizen said: nabo I journalist. I will write article Dan Fry in Arabic translate English and put website with all evidonce.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @vps6net I happy you send your customer me. I tell them about you

• @Jacob He thief me with his companys. He take my money and data two times. He lier and cheat

• @Jack said: @Jacob is Golf really that good? I prefer Go Karting tbh.

What about Tennis?

• Find the thief is good now

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: @Jacob is Golf really that good? I prefer Go Karting tbh.

Mario has both so i'm pretty happy.

/trololol

Francisco

• JacobJacob Member

Golf is good, I have never played a full course, Last time I went the driving range was proberly a year ago, I used to race go karts in NatSka(Google it), For a team down south and still have my karting license. It is expensive and very competitive.

@Jack said: @Jacob is Golf really that good? I prefer Go Karting tbh.

• JacobJacob Member

Last time I tried tennis I couldn't reach the other end of the court in time to hit the ball, not that I am fat, I'm just fat.

@ElliotJ said: What about Tennis?

edited June 2012

I can't help this nagging feeling. Ask yourself, do you know anyone who hates VPS6 enough to DDOS them so consistently? Not making an accusation, but I can think of one person who notices the very second their WHMCS license needs renewal, the very second their front page goes down, etc. It's a little suspicious, that's all.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Francisco said: Mario has both so i'm pretty happy.

I'ma a Warrio, and I'ma gonna win!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @jarland vps6 has much enemy. I not have money or skill to do DDOS.

• LESLES Member

@concernednetizen said: I not have money or skill to do DDOS.

But skill to whine the whole day about them. Stop it dude, you are not the only one who has been scammed somewhere in the past.

This discussion has been closed.