Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• Jeremy lol are you sure about that?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

I've no interest in conspiracy theories. His explanation is plausible, so is a counter argument, therefore a conclusion is an opinion and I simply don't have one. I'll call him by the name he gives.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: I'm guessing they purchased a VM from BuyVM and Had a protected IP?

Right

There's a few hosts that have. We've just had to put in an order to get the higher up SYN filtering just because the awknet 'basic' stuff isn't doing a good enough job.

We got a user that's nullrouted right now because his SYN is over what the free stuff allows.

Oh well, hopefully Justin picks up the pace soon.

Francisco

• Good company with no website down

Normal Dan Fry, same Ionvm, same Telvps, same Supervm. Dan website down many days and say DDOS.

Hope UGNazi hack him

Thanked by 1klikli
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jack said: is this the user who crippled the CPU at half 11 yesterday?

You probably need to share the same node as him, so that could affect you.

@Jack said: @Francisco is this the user who crippled the CPU at half 11 yesterday?

Different one :P

The one that crippled it got forced through awk's SYN cleaning and it kept the load off us but since the basic stuff is just that, basic, it took quite a while for it to finally let go.

@liquidhost - we have a router based out of awknet that routes a whole /24 of cleaned traffic back home. Since we don't (yet) have the inline SYN protection, it means some SYN floods can get through. UDP is cleaned without an issue and we always add ACL's for users that don't need it.

Francisco

• May I no understand.

www.vps6.net down and solusvm.vps6.net down if DDOS on webserver why Solus stop?

• www.vps6.net
    13. 69.31.111.58 0.0% 243.0 319.4 230.0 493.3 114.1
    14. 204.93.151.212 0.0% 352.8 305.6 226.1 438.4 78.6
    15. 64.250.112.134 0.0% 394.1 320.1 235.2 411.7 78.6
    16. 64.250.113.186 16.7% 585.8 367.4 252.4 585.8 127.6
    17. 64.250.113.77 80.0% 318.9 318.9 318.9 318.9 0.0

solusvm.vps6.net
    12. 69.22.142.74 0.0% 208.7 346.5 206.0 710.6 168.6
    13. 69.31.111.58 0.0% 214.9 325.6 213.0 646.5 143.3
    14. 204.93.151.212 0.0% 204.5 307.1 204.5 585.5 131.8
    15. 64.250.112.130 0.0% 208.9 298.0 207.4 599.0 120.4
    16. 64.250.113.186 30.0% 234.4 264.3 234.4 343.4 39.0

I think different server

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: I won't name names unless they give the go ahead but a VPS company on here that uses our filtered IP's got a ~120,000 pps SYN flood (around 90Mbit/sec solid of pure SYN) earlier today. It was large enough that we've said screw it are upgrading to a much larger SYN protection plan.

Sounds about right.

@concernednetizen said: 14 hours down

The initial attack lasted from approximately 7:50 PM CDT - 11:30 PM CDT (3.5 hours of packet loss), then stopped for about 8 hours. The currently ongoing phase of the attack has lasted from approximately 8:30 AM CDT to 2 PM CDT (5.5 hours of packet loss).

@Jack said: Same Node Split up for 2 VM's?

They are, indeed, hosted alongside one another in the same cluster.

@concernednetizen said: I think different server

Note hop 16 in both routes; the topology should be fairly easy to understand.

@vps6net said: It was large enough that we've said screw it are upgrading to a much larger SYN protection plan.

According to Justin we'll have this sometime tomorrow. We got a few large SYN targets already using the service that are dying to see how the inline stuff handles.

Francisco

Hope UGNazi hack him

So at this point we're hoping for people to fail? That moral high ground isn't so high after all.

• @jarland - I think it was more of a general statement in how quickly everyone forgave VSP6's lies.

@Aldryic said: I think it was more of a general statement in how quickly everyone forgave VSP6's lies.

What did they lie about?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@concernednetizen calm down now :) You did a great job discovering vps6.net background and lies and potential clients are warned thanks to you however more than that.. just let it be. Future will show us...

• @LiquidHost said: What did they lie about?

tl;dr VPS6 claimed to have zero affiliation or knowlege of Dan Fry. 'Lo and behold... turns out VPS6 is Dan Fry. Just another scam job in the works.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
    edited June 2012

@Aldryic It's not about forgiving, it's about that line where concern turns into creepy obsession. If its still Dan, I hope he does well. I'd hope the same of anyone, whether they'd wronged me or not.

• @Francisco said: higher up SYN filtering just because the awknet 'basic' stuff isn't doing a good enough job.

That's what happened to us as well; Had to upgrade to a better TCP filter. But don't get too excited, whenever a server gets hit by a SYN; the connection speed lags tremendously for that particular IP... still better than being null-routed or not being able to access the server.

• This is very interesting, right when VPS6 goes offline due to a DDoS, my IonVM VPS goes offline also..

@Jeffrey I'm more interested in why you have one of those ;) I thought they turned to complete trash and never really recovered.

• @jarland Back when Dan Fry owned it, he gave me a free VPS. :P

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey said: @jarland Back when Dan Fry owned it, he gave me a free VPS. :P

Heh, I still got one of 'em lying around somewhere too.

• @netomx said: who can DDoS this long?

I was syn flooded for over a week

SYN floods are low on BW usage, if you have the machine to run them on, they can be ran for quite some time. Especially if spoofed.

• @Aldryic said: tl;dr VPS6 claimed to have zero affiliation or knowlege of Dan Fry. 'Lo and behold... turns out VPS6 is Dan Fry. Just another scam job in the works.

Actually that's not what I read, what I read was Jeremy purchased servers from Don Fry and because of a confidentiality agreement(which are very serious) he was bound by it, and hence denied any affiliation with Mr.Fry, as he should have. That is until recently where he seemed to of broken that agreement to give into this communities constant badgering of him and VPS6. And even after doing that, putting himself at risk mind you, for a potential lawsuit(though I doubt Mr.Fry would sue over this) some of you still won't let it go.

One thing is clear though, based off the stolen DB logs posted on here and everything else displaying company info(which i'm still shocked mods refused to remove...)Is Jeremy is a real person, as is Don Fry, but they're not the same person, the logs clearly showed ownership transfer. Also as a VPS6 customer myself(which I bet most of you posting accusations on here aren't) their service over the past few months has been almost stellar(how the chicago incident was handled was really frustrating but I have confidence it'll be done different next time), and even if they were to disappear tomorrow, people would be out what $4/$5? Not that serious :)

Thanked by 1Asad
  • While @concernedcitizen has provided very conclusive evidence (state reports, DB logs) i haven't seen "Fry" post any evidence at all.

edited June 2012

What evidence would you suggest "Jeremy" provide? If I were being so passionately targeted by this crowd I'm not certain I'd scan a single document myself. At what point do you just realize that people won't believe you no matter what you do? Turn over every visible stone, you just walk further into the woods and say "Missed one." To what end? Maybe he's Dann, maybe he's not, but is anyone here really naive enough to think that certain people here will be pleased by any information?

By the way, out of boredom I did my own research on Dann Fry, independent of concerned's research. I figured why not, I'm good with google, it isn't that hard right? Out of all of the information provided here about Dann Fry, it has all barely scratched the surface. I'm not going to post all of my findings, it's a complete mess of information that couldn't possibly be organized in any reasonable fashion, and none of it would satisfy anyone's curiosity. I will, however, say that Dann Fry is either not his real name or he doesn't work alone. He's been a strong presence on the Internet for no less than 10 years, his explanations of things make as much sense as they do raise additional questions that have mostly already been asked. He absolutely does work as an independent contractor doing websites, with a huge tendency to register the domains himself, we know he went as far as personally accepting payments for IonVM despite his stating otherwise, so that doesn't help narrow which sites were his and which weren't.

All this to say, if you guys have posted on LET and WHT everything you know about Dann Fry (I've read it all), you have done very little research and you know very little about him. In that case I would say I now know him better than any of you, but still have nothing to offer that helps change anyone's opinion about him or even enough to create my own opinion of him.

What I do want to ask you is, if Jeremy is who he says he is, will any of you be pleased by working against him? If he is Dann, will you receive some sort of enjoyment by attempting to force him into fulfilling the prophecy you have laid out for him? Ask yourself how many LEB systems you've had that didn't live up to your standards over time. Tell me how many LEB systems you trust with mission critical data. If you aren't interested in VPS6, that's cool. If you use them today and they fail tomorrow, are you honestly going to tell me you took a big financial hit and you never expected a LEB to fail? If you paid yearly for a LEB from a young provider, your intelligence is a more interesting conversation than Dann Fry.

I'm bored, I just wrote a book. It happens more often than you'd think. I'm only a customer because the 128's are on a 6 month billing cycle. I don't need VPS6, I'm just not the kind of jerk that takes pleasure in other people's failure, and certainly not in participating in trying to make it come about. How sad that we reach out to the Internet to better mankind with the power of information, and end up using it to hurt each other. I'm not naive, I know this will never change. Just tell me, do you enjoy it?

This post 90% targeted to concerned, 10% to those enjoying and encouraging ;)

In before "jarland is Dann Fry"

• jarland is Dan Dry

Thanked by 2jar jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@birdie25 said: jarland is Dan Dry

that's why he knows more than we do about Dan Fry

;)

facebook.com/jarland.donnell
    twitter.com/jarland
    vimeo.com/jarland

• @jarland said: facebook.com/jarland.donnell

twitter.com/jarland
    vimeo.com/jarland

Hey guys looks like @jarland found Don Fry's real Facebook/Twitter account! Lets spam him there to get our money back

This discussion has been closed.