Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 website down? - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 website down?

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Aldryic said: my will.

So it seems you don't have a lot of will... @Francisco told me

Thanked by 2miTgiB HalfEatenPie
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Aldryic said: But unless you actively try to rile him up he doesn't just badmouth another company.

Or they say something so idiotic that I cant resist.

@Aldryic said: unzips My penis shall be the lance of my will.

• ...I'm rather curious now. What's the source on that? XD

Not even sure, looked up Penis meme on google and that popped up haha

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

I think Ald is more interested in seeing prof of your penis size.. :P I am!

Its out there some where, if your good detectives you can find it ;-) :-O

Damn, you got me bahaha.

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited June 2012

... Really?

• @Satellite said: ... Really?

Nah, we're just having some fun is all.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited June 2012

This is what happens when guys are trapped in their offices on the computer. :P

edited June 2012

Oy, I'm not trapped on the computer, I wish. I'm trapped at my desk doing revsion and haven't been on my computer in 3 days (amazing in my books). I told my mum to confisacate my tablet so I actually get on with work too..

Well I just mowed the neighbours lawn as a favour for both me and her (I get a bit of rest from work).
    Anyways, we were just having fun, Ald did say NSFW to be fair.

@Infinity said: Well I just mowed the neighbours lawn as a favour for both me and her

Getting it in?

edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris I got other links for that :P

Besides she's fat ass hell hence why she doesn't mow her own lawn. I did manage to dry hump her fence down although I didn't tell her that..

@MikHo Nah, mine is much bigger, aww yeah.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Infinity said: Nah, mine is much bigger, aww yeah.

You are not projecting the confidence to be believable.

Thanked by 1nabo

@mitgib :( I've never been confident with anything, I haven't a clue on how to make that statement more confident. People say stuff along the lines ofcthat at school all the time at school, ending in me either pretending to pull my trousers down or punching someone. I shouldn't really be talking about this anyways.. I'm 14.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Infinity said: Well I just mowed the neighbours lawn

Just finished mowing my own lawn actually, lawnmower ran out of gas twice and I got stung by some insect on my elbow when I got near its bush. Felt like a knife going through my arm...was not pleased.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Infinity said: I haven't a clue on how to make that statement more confident

Don't question yourself while making a statement, that will project more confidence for sure, or stupid shit like, I was standing on the Golden Gate Bridge, man that water is cold!

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

Looks like VPS6 will be up between 6-12 hours. They added filtering and will be adding a 60gbit Fortinet appliance this week.

• @Jack said: heard it all before , voxility by anychance?

No idea, googled and found this http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortigate/60C.html

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Where did you read that it will handle 60Gbit? Are you mad. That thing does maybe 1Gbit line rate UDP and only 80,000 TCP sessions. The flood they're dealing with is a high pps spoof flood, it's going to eat that state table in a second.

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Depending on how many nodes/vps they have a 60c could be to small.
    For a provider I wouldn't take anything less then a Fortigate 200

@MikHo said: Depending on how many nodes/vps they have a 60c could be to small.

I'm assuming they likely renumbered their nodes or just nullrouted their node ip's and are using bridge interfaces for their customers so it isn't really affecting them anymore.

This is entirely just to protect their site I think.

Francisco

• FreekFreek Member

362 comments... could someone give me a brief 'TL;DR' summary why this topic has so much comments? What's so special ?

@Freek said: 362 comments... could someone give me a brief 'TL;DR' summary why this topic has so much comments? What's so special ?

There's about 300 replies of that that are simply back and forth banter between pretty much everyone. There's maybe 60 useful replies with a few being from VPS6 himself.

Fran

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: Where did you read that it will handle 60Gbit? Are you mad. That thing does maybe 1Gbit line rate UDP and only 80,000 TCP sessions. The flood they're dealing with is a high pps spoof flood, it's going to eat that state table in a second.

Yeah I realized that when I looked at specs so it's clearly not what they got, what they got was a "60gbit Fortinet appliance" which they said they'll be adding later this week.

Tai

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@francisco either way, in my world a 60c is perfect for a medium branch office or small company.
    Not a provider with their gear in a DC.

• @Jack said: yea but VPS6 use voxility for Romania and Germany Location so I guess it's going to be that ISP for there firewall.

The new hardware will be in Chicago, where we own the majority of our network infrastructure. At this time I'm not going to provide specifics as to the Fortinet model we're looking at.

• @Jack how do you know? Voxility seems decent.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: Oh right well the setup voxility have is crap.

The fact a budget vps provider needs any ddos protection at all is sad. Time and lot of money wasted because some people don't know how to act.

@apollo15 said: @Jack how do you know? Voxility seems decent.

Haha was actually thinking that myself, in terms of how he knows.

This discussion has been closed.