Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• GreenValueHost said: And as for the second link, the GreenValueHost part of the thread has been REDACTED by the original poster after I scared him with bogus legal threats

Fixed that for you.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I have 5 techs including myself working on the performance tuning of srv3 and a mass audit right now.

"How many GVH techs does it take to perform a relatively simple audit?"

"Five. One to to type commands in, four to perform google searches."

• @CheeseGamer said:
    "Five. One to to type commands in, four to perform google searches."

Our techs have a combined 60+ years of experience and are certified technical engineers/administrators. The audit isn't as simple as you think.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Our techs have a combined 60+ years of experience and are certified technical engineers/administrators. The audit isn't as simple as you think.

Do you mind if I ask what certifications the techs hold?

• @GreenValueHost I run a host with over 80 dedicated servers, how do I audit my server performance?

• MunMun Member
    edited January 2014

How many techs do you have? I think it is more then 5 :)

Also I have 17 years experience, psh and I am 22 XD

Mun

• @Virtovo said:
    Do you mind if I ask what certifications the techs hold?

Many are college graduates working on-call duty, RHCE, cPanel/WHM L3, list goes on and on.

• @Mun said:
    How many techs do you have? I think it is more then 5 :)

Also I have 17 years experience, psh and I am 22 XD

Mun

We have at least 4 readily available at all times around the clock.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Many are college graduates working on-call duty, RHCE, cPanel/WHM L3, list goes on and on.

Thanks. Although I first read it as working on call of duty.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Virtovo said:
    Thanks. Although I first read it as working on call of duty.

Same here! lol

• MunMun Member
    edited January 2014

So 12 would be the smallest number you could have but more likely 16?

Im assuming they have 8 hour work days, and thus three shifts, and a small group for weekends, and general offtime. Right?

Mun

• @Mun said:

Im assuming they have 8 hour work days, and thus three shifts, and a small group for weekends, and general offtime. Right?

Mun

We have 12.

• @Mun said:

I assuming they have 8 hour work days, and thus three shifts, and a small group for weekends, and general offtime. Right?

Mun

The tech count might include the outsourced Indian support so could be much higher/lower depending on their company contracts.

• @Virtovo said:
    The tech count might include the outsourced Indian support so could be much higher/lower depending on their company contracts.

Nope, it doesn't fluctuate. It's 12. Shifts are complicated; we generally have more people available around the times that we post sales.

• MunMun Member

@Virtovo said:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/3230-greenvaluehost-outsources-customer-support-to-india/#entry47753

Must be referring to this.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@Mun said:
    Must be referring to this.

I wasn't lying when I said that most of our techs are American. 5 of the 12 are Indian with 4 of them being L3, 1 L2. All of our American techs are L3 and up. And all of our tech staff can very effectively communicate in English.

• @GreenValueHost

Haven't I advised you to stay away from these guys and get back to your customers?

You are still allowing them to bait you and poke fun at you. They are your competitors you know!!

• MunMun Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    I wasn't lying when I said that most of our techs are American. 5 of the 12 are Indian with 4 of them being L3, 1 L2. All of our American techs are L3 and up. And all of our tech staff can very effectively communicate in English.

I simply was posting a thread, I actually don't care if you hire Indian technicians, it actually does make sense so that you can have a larger time frame for support.

@rchurch said:
    GreenValueHost

Haven't I advised you to stay away from these guys and get back to your customers?

You are still allowing them to bait you and poke fun at you. They are your competitors you know!!

I do not host a VPS company, and thus I am not a competitor.

Mun

• @rchurch - I'm aware, I'm multitasking between posting here and coordinating our techs.

• @GreenValueHost said:

So there are no L1 techs?

• Nope, we do not employ L1 techs.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:

OMG, didnt you email this to your users 13 days ago ?

From GreenValueHost [email protected]

>

GreenValueHost does not outsource it's staff to India and pays it's staff American wages. All GreenValueHost staff are currently located in the USA including all members of our technical support and management team.

>

• @raza19 said:
    >

That was before they started trialling Indians.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@raza13 - That was before. Due to massive expansion & growth recently we really needed more staff because our 7 U.S tech staff wasn't enough.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

GreenValueHost said: There's no such thing as CPU abuse when you have CloudLinux on the server.

:facepalm:

I wish I could say more.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    I have 5 techs including myself working on the performance tuning of srv3 and a mass audit right now.

Its always best that you just have 1 personal working on the same server sat the same time, if there's more than 1, mistakes are likely to happen.

• @AlexanderM said:
    Its always best that you just have 1 personal working on the same server sat the same time, if there's more than 1, mistakes are likely to happen.

We have 2 working on srv3 atm and the rest on nodes.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    We have 2 working on srv3 atm and the rest on nodes.

Ah np, sorry for the misunderstanding.

• @jarland - you're correct Cloudlinux does not prevent abuse, its reduces the ability for average joe, but I have seen machines running CloudLinux being completely brought to their knees by one (ab)user.

I had a look at CL in September time, in concept its a good idea, but it seems in essence to be just a light version of OpenVZ so rather than full containers, its a process container.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

I'm the tooth fairy. Which I think is more believable that some of things being said in this thread.

Thanked by 2Mark_R pcfreak30
This discussion has been closed.