Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• @Mun said:
    XDXDXDXDXDXD

LOL!

Mun

:)

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

Redacted

Thanked by 1woochun
  • @Mun

please leave.
    are you 12 ?

• MunMun Member

@darkshire said:
    Mun

please leave.
    are you 12 ?

I don't think you understand, @GreenValueHost posted a screenshot that gives zero relevance to the fact that the host node is running out of space. He is being a politician right now, and looking the other way while saying "Its not out of room." When really the host server only has 250 gigs of space remaining :\

Soooooo Don't tell me to leave, and frankly you are just trying to back up GVH, and from what I can see today, they are doing a very shitty job at being a hosting company.

Mun

• I think that it is basic virtualization knowledge to know that regardless of the space that is available on the node, when you reinstall a virtual server sometimes you cannot immediately see all the disk space that has been allocated to your virtual server with the df -h command. It may take a little time for updatedb to perform a rescan.

• It is fine now,thanks.

• Mun here is also telling lies, there's absolutely no way that he could know how much space is available on the node (there's actually plenty) and he's just throwing the 250GB number out there in an attempt to bash us.

• @woochun - Glad to hear it! If you need anything else please feel free to ticket in again.

• Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited January 2014

Nevermind

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited January 2014

@Mun, i was critical towards @GreenValueHost a few weeks ago and was part of the revolution which led them to revamp their AUP/tos;

but i can see them doing everything they can to assuage certain other vocal users whom now seem to have an ingrained vendetta against them, because of past events which have since been remedied.

im in no way affiliated with GVH's service or employees, so i have nothing to gain but i can only hope you and your vocal brethren have some remorse.

change takes time, but lets not bring them down in the process.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Epidrive
  • MunMun Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Mun here is also telling lies, there's absolutely no way that he could know how much space is available on the node (there's actually plenty) and he's just throwing the 250GB number out there in an attempt to bash us.

Actually I was on a formerly oversold host and that is what happens, the space on the host node became less then partitioned size I had, and slowly my disk size shrunk tell my server began to hang.

To even remotely state I am bashing you is frankly a lie. Frankly you did that all yourself.

@darkshire said:
    Mun, i was critical towards GreenValueHost a few weeks ago and was part of the revolution which led them to revamp their AUP/tos;

but i can see them doing everything they can to assuage certain other vocal users whom now seem to have an ingrained vendetta against them, because of past events which have since been remedied.

im in no way affiliated with GVH's service or employees, so i have nothing to gain but i can only hope you and your vocal brethren have some remorse.

change takes time, but lets not bring them down in the process.

Yes it does, but in many ways we should have never been here in the first place. The simple fact on how they conducted business is sub-par and really was an attempt to scam users. It would be like me running a rental car company, and in the TOS I had a statement saying you could only drive the car at 10 mph. If you went over that speed, you would receive an extra 100$ fee to your rental. Any normal customer would come up to me and scream in my face, and frankly I would deserve it because I am building a service to "exploit" my customers. As such I am being very critical of GVH because they need some slapping. They in the passed have "paid" customers off by offering free service and other "fixes" to get the issue resolved. Yet I dug up multiple threads that pretty much showed that the s3 Cpanel server has been having issues for months and they did nothing to fix it. This is unacceptable and I am making a firm stance against it.

Mun

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mun,

I understand your stance on this issue but as darkshire stated we are working very hard to proactively work on improving the quality of our services and as you may have noticed, we don't move back in the quality of service that we provide, we only are and look to go forward. Always.

• MunMun Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    Mun,

I understand your stance on this issue but as darkshire stated we are working very hard to proactively work on improving the quality of our services and as you may have noticed, we don't move back in the quality of service that we provide, we only are and look to go forward. Always.

Good, it still is a long road ahead, and maybe you should stop exclaiming how much money you are making on VPSBoard and concentrate on continuing to make it better. There was someone on this forum with a similar attitude to yours, and frankly he treated customers as a commodity, and thrashed them what ever chance he could got. It was frankly sad to see all the customers whom lost there time invested, lost there money invested, and lost there sanity trying to get there servers fixed. I do not want another person like that on this forum, and I am giving you an extremely hard time because you are getting too close to being that. Thus all of my posts. I could have done this months ago, and smashed you when I had my server kicked for CPU abuse, but I didn't. I did this today because you should have got your stuff together by now, and you didn't. The cpanel issue today is a critical failure on your part, and on the part of your staff. You should have never had 2 months of issues. You need to listen to your customers, and it seems you didn't until you had a group of people on this forum smack you down.

I wish you the best and frankly, I don't want to see another thread like this. Impress me by investing your time and money in making sure your customers are happy enough not to have to post here again.

Mun

Thanked by 2Mark_R TheLinuxBug
  • All I keep seeing here is a provider trying to make things right and working hard to update his customers. Things break. That is the nature of technology and it appears he has made things right on all that was broken. Is GVH perfect? Of course not. I don't know any host who is but they are willing to make things right. That I give them credit for. In a greed filled industry I have seen them offer refunds and give away free service at a loss to them. Most hosts wont even consider doing something like that.

Also, I have seen others who offer services here grab a bat and take a whack at GVH. Some of these services I have considered purchasing in the future. Some, I currently subscribe to. Some of these comments have turned me off from getting some of these services and I have decided not to renew my subscription to another one next month. Your customers are watching and some of us don't like seeing people being kicked around if you have no skin in the game.

• you cannot immediately see all the disk space that has been allocated to your virtual server with the df -h command. It may take a little time for updatedb to perform a rescan.

Picture framing time..

• Yeah i think @GreenValueHost was try their best to gain the trust.

• Looks to me like some of you are piling on just for the fun of it,

Thanked by 2Neoon isalem
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@GreenValueHost said:
    I think that it is basic virtualization knowledge to know that regardless of the space that is available on the node, when you reinstall a virtual server sometimes you cannot immediately see all the disk space that has been allocated to your virtual server with the df -h command. It may take a little time for updatedb to perform a rescan.

I'm sorry, what? Please explain to me what updatedb/locate have to do with df.

Thanked by 2nonuby pcfreak30
  • Kudos to GreenValueHost for trying hard to satisfy all current and former customers.

• @SkylarM said:

Skylar, you, still buying VPS? unbelievable

• @kyaky said:
    Skylar, you, still buying VPS? unbelievable

Why not ? The best way to understand concurrents is to buy vps from them !

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

@Zen said: Obviously df stands for database filesystem. what

You made my day

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2014

@Virtovo said:
    I don't know why, but reading this thread I just have images of someone running endlessly between a load of spinning plates trying to stop them from falling.

Actually, when i first noticed this thread and started reading right away i got the impression of a Monthy Python sketch.

Anyhow, my 2 cents are that it's not a good idea for a big provider to virtualize (call it cloud, call it virtualization node, no matter) cPanel, just set up a separate dedicated cPanel server, install configure and manage the resources accordingly. If the number of users exceeds the server resources then deploy more physical servers and distribute evenly the client accounts.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I have a 2gig package:

• I hope you opened ticket before posted it.

• Not to take sides or anything but I had signed up for one of the 2GB packages a few days ago. Other than the IP not being accessible at all when I first got it, I had put in a ticket about it and they gave me a new IP and its been smooth ever since.

The IP I was assigned wasn't even pingable or accessible, I had told this to the tech and they just gave me a new IP and the tech posted a screenshot of him being able to ping the IP.. except it was the new IP and not the old one. All is well now though.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@catalystium same happend to me.

• @Infinity580 Yeah don't know what was up with that, kinda interesting they go through manual setup and yet can't even get the IP right.

• @catalystium said:
    Not to take sides or anything but I had signed up for one of the 2GB packages a few days ago. Other than the IP not being accessible at all when I first got it, I had put in a ticket about it and they gave me a new IP and its been smooth ever since.

The IP I was assigned wasn't even pingable or accessible, I had told this to the tech and they just gave me a new IP and the tech posted a screenshot of him being able to ping the IP.. except it was the new IP and not the old one. All is well now though.

same thing with me.

This discussion has been closed.