Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• MunMun Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    I'm the tooth fairy. Which I think is more believable that some of things being said in this thread.

And whom are you referring to as being dishonest?

Mun

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

On a different note, I could not find - "True Web Hosting at Great Value" as being a registered trademark as indicated on your logo by the TM symbol.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4806:rpn51t.1.1

You might just want to take care of this Jon, wanted to bring it to your notice.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Mun said:

GVH, I think Jon just comes up with a story in a vain attempt to satisfy each thread that is opened about him/them.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Host4Geeks said:
    On a different note, I could not find - "True Web Hosting at Great Value" as being a registered trademark as indicated on your logo by the TM symbol.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4806:rpn51t.1.1

You might just want to take care of this Jon, wanted to bring it to your notice.

Is it my turn to facepalm now? :s

A registered trademark is characterized by the R symbol. A trademark which can be either registered or unregistered can be characterized by TM.

• @W1V_Lee - No, I do not. I'm not a liar; everything I have said in this thread is 100% completely true.

• @GreenValueHost any update on TX2?

• MunMun Member

@MorningIris said:
    GreenValueHost any update on TX2?

LOL really? XD

• @MorningIris - I was informed by the tech working on TX2 that everything on the node has been resolved, I'll double check everything now and send you a final update via email.

• @MorningIris - Confirmed. Everythings fixed including your virtual server.

Also,

Here is an update on srv3: Load Averages: 4.08 3.65 3.76 on a cloud server with 6 dedicated Xeon E5-2620 cores. Main IP is going to be changed to a clean IP address and we're going to crack down on spammers harder. Additional memory is going to be added shortly, and we're going to send a finalized email out to all clients on srv3 letting them know of the changes that we're making and how we're improving/optimizing the server. Compensation will be available for all clients on srv3 for the inconveniences they've experienced.

• For public reference, MorningIris' issue wasn't an issue relating to the node itself. Our tech entered his virtual server and found out that the issue that he was experiencing was caused by the firewall that he installed WITHIN his virtual server which was misconfigured.

Also another update for srv3: It's doing a lot better now. We've emailed all of our clients on srv3 about what we're doing and what we're going to be doing to improve conditions on the server and our senior admin is finalizing his performance tweaking work on srv3 as we speak. After that we'll be adding additional memory to the server and changing the server's main IP address and reconfiguring mail limits, etc and we'll send a final email out to clients once that's been done.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @GreenValueHost it's off. Thanks for your effort.

• Awesome 2 months after telling you that srv3 had a blacklisted in and everything went to spam it's fixed

• @Kadar said:
    Awesome 2 months after telling you that srv3 had a blacklisted in and everything went to spam it's fixed

Not sure if sarcasm ;)

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

From the email that was just sent out to all srv3 clients:

Greetings Valued Clients,

GreenValueHost is pleased to inform you that the recent issues that have been occurring with our srv3 hosting server have been resolved. The server load has been brought down significantly (Current average load is now less than 3), additional memory has been added, additional CPU has been added, exim mailing IP address/main IP address has been changed to a clean IP, and mySQL is currently in progress of being optimized for maximum performance.

We have tasked our most skilled administrators to closely monitor our srv3 hosting server and ensure that the issues that you have been facing over the past few weeks will never happen again. GreenValueHost is devoted to providing our clients with a quality hosting experience and is always striving to improve day by day and we will take into deep consideration any comments, suggestions, and constructive cricticism that our clients may have.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us by submitting a ticket with your registered GreenValueHost client area account and we'll always be here to assist.

Kind Regards,

The GreenValueHost Team

All clients on srv3 are eligible for compensation for the inconveniences that they have experienced. If you would like to claim compensation, please submit a ticket to the management department through your registered client area account.

Thank You.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    additional CPU has been added

You can't add more E3 CPU's.

• GreenValueHost said: All of our American techs are L3 and up.

Level 3 and up? How many levels of tech support do you have?

Surely it's not cost effective to have all Level 3 techs as most issues do not require the attention of a Level 3 Technician.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@Andy said:
    You can't add more E3 CPU's.

You can add additional CPUs and scale a CLOUD server as needed. We added additional Xeon E5-2620 CPUs. All of our shared hosting servers are on Xeon E5-2620s and we have DUAL Xeon E5-2620s being shipped to Dallas for our new nodes next week.

• @nunim - We have 12 techs total with 11 of them being at least L3.

We just don't employ L1 techs and even our only L2 tech can do many L3 tasks.

• maybe ya'll should all be a bit less critical; i think its clear to me now that GVH is working proactively to make things better.

lighten up a bit;
    take a walk and stretch your legs you keyboard warriors.

• MunMun Member

@darkshire said:
    maybe ya'll should all be a bit less critical; i think its clear to me now that GVH is working proactively to make things better.

lighten up a bit;
    take a walk and stretch your legs you keyboard warriors.

It only took like 6 months of bickering, and a massive slam on a forum.

Mun

• @GreenValueHost said:
    nunim - We have 12 techs total with 11 of them being at least L3.

We just don't employ L1 techs and even our only L2 tech can do many L3 tasks.

So then why do all of my tickets get "escalated" to a "level 2 tech" if all techs are L2 or higher?

• @SkylarM said:
    So then why do all of my tickets get "escalated" to a "level 2 tech" if all techs are L2 or higher?

Stephen is specifically a cPanel/WHM L3 tech and doesn't do tech support for anything else. He's specifically working for us for cPanel/WHM issues however for the sake of updating clients he responds to VPS tech tickets and coordinates them to our techs handling VPS tech support. By L2 he means L2 and up.

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited January 2014

Today I found the vps has some problems,so reinstalled OS.
    Then I see the diskspace can be used of the server has changed:

another:

Is it a glitch?
    Have opened a ticket for this.

• They probably ran out of disk space due to their overselling and then changed your disk space hoping you wouldn't realise.

• MunMun Member

XDXDXDXDXDXD

LOL!

Mun

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • good luck.

• @Mun said:
    XDXDXDXDXDXD

LOL!

Mun

:D!

• This provider cant catch a break recently... Its a pitty because i have good experience across the board in all locations served.

• http://prntscr.com/2klexy

We didn't do anything to your virtual servers. You have 275GB of space available to you..

This discussion has been closed.