Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• MunMun Member

Sure... what ever. I think any further would be bashing you, so Ill just leave. Have a good day everyone.

Mun

• @Mun - When did we implement it? About maybe a week or two ago. We sent out an email to ALL of our clients about it and it's been mentioned several times on LowEndTalk and has garnered some praise as well. None of our CUSTOMERS have complained about our CPU abuse policies SINCE the introduction of the policy revisions and we're very proud of that fact. We listen to our customers because without our customers, we don't exist.

• @TheLinuxBug I was going to say the same thing. He's trying to solve his issues by offering "free" service.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Mun - By all means if you feel the need to bash us, please go ahead as long as you're only stating facts and/or constructive criticism. We take in all the suggestions and comments that we get and we only look to improve from them.

• @GreenValueHost After cleaning cache, it still shows below and can't login to whmcs.
    What do you suggest?

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)
    OUR CLIENT AREA HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY MOVED TO ANOTHER SERVER. IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS MESSAGE, YOUR COMPUTER'S DNS RESOLVERS ARE STILL CACHED TO THE OLD SERVER AND YOU NEED TO FLUSH YOUR DNS CACHE. If you are seeing this message, THIS MEANS THAT YOU ARE NOT RESOLVING TO THE CORRECT GREENVALUEHOST CLIENT AREA IP ADDRESS.

• @tragic - No, as you can see by my previous posts I also listed the measures that we would be taking to improve the performance of our servers.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@MorningIris - That's correct, we moved our website and client area over to a RamNode DDoS Protected VPS after we found unsatisfactory conditions at our previous DDoS Protected provider.

Please make sure that you have thoroughly cleaned your DNS and browser cache and allow a few extra hours, you should be fine after then. It's a matter of DNS resolution propagation.

Since you're not able to access the client area if you need anything send me an email at [email protected] and I'll help out with anything you may need.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@MorningIris It's possible your ISP is caching the old records

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost I will do as you suggested, in a mean time, do you have any report of heavy pocket loss on TX2 node?

• @MorningIris said:
    GreenValueHost I will do as you suggested, in a mean time, do you have any report of heavy pocket loss on TX2 node?

What, is he giving a away a bunch of free services in Texas too? That must be some heavy pocket loss. :D

• @MorningIris - I just checked on our TX2 node and I do not see any signs of any issues on TX2. The node is running perfectly fine and the load averages are stable. This may be an issue with your individual virtual server. If you could, please email me and I will handle any and all issues that you may be experiencing.

• MunMun Member

@MorningIris -- mind PMing me your IP address?

Mun

• @GreenValueHost I just sent an email as you suggested since I couldn't access to your site, and got the answer back, "submit a ticket to our Customer Service department".

Do you see what's wrong here?

• @MorningIris - You didn't mention that you were you. I thought you were someone else.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited January 2014

@MorningIris said:
    GreenValueHost I just sent an email as you suggested since I couldn't access to your site, and got the answer back, "submit a ticket to our Customer Service department".

Do you see what's wrong here?

Buffalo has been having issues, and I keep getting the same "it's not the node, it's perfectly fine" response. Had to start up a monitor on the VPS, this has been a little under 24 hours:

http://i.imgur.com/6aJSyXY.png

• MunMun Member
     Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. 192.168.1.1                       0.0%    10    0.2   0.8   0.2   5.3   1.6
     2. 216-230-231-241-colo.oplink.net   0.0%     9    1.4   1.9   0.6   4.1   1.2
     3. xe-5-3-0.bar1.Houston1.Level3.ne  0.0%     9    1.2   1.2   0.6   2.7   0.6
     4. ae-13-13.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net  0.0%     9    6.3   5.5   5.2   6.3   0.3
     5. ae-61-61.csw1.Dallas1.Level3.net  0.0%     9    5.0   5.9   5.0   8.2   1.1
     6. ae-1-60.edge5.Dallas3.Level3.net 11.1%     9    5.7   5.8   5.3   6.2   0.3
     7. ae13.dal33.ip4.tinet.net          0.0%     9    5.7   5.8   5.2   6.0   0.3
     8. gtt-gw.ip4.tinet.net              0.0%     9    5.4   5.8   5.0   7.9   0.8
     9. 69.31.54.194                      0.0%     9    6.2   6.5   6.2   6.8   0.2
    10. quadranet-colocrossing.quadranet  0.0%     9    7.1   6.9   6.2   8.3   0.6
    11. host.colocrossing.com             0.0%     9   14.9   8.4   6.6  14.9   2.7
    12.                                  11.1%     9    6.7   6.7   6.1   7.6   0.6
    13.                                  11.1%     9    6.7   6.5   5.9   7.0   0.3

Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. 192.168.1.1                       0.0%    76    0.7   0.5   0.2   2.2   0.3
     2. 216-230-231-241-colo.oplink.net   0.0%    76    3.7   3.0   0.5  79.0   9.5
     3. xe-5-3-0.bar1.Houston1.Level3.ne  0.0%    76    1.3   3.8   0.4  53.7  10.1
     4. ae-13-13.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net  0.0%    76    5.7   6.3   5.1  14.3   1.5
     5. ae-71-71.csw2.Dallas1.Level3.net  0.0%    76    5.5   5.8   5.0  12.2   1.1
     6. ae-2-70.edge5.Dallas3.Level3.net 19.7%    76    5.3   5.8   5.0  13.1   1.3
     7. ae13.dal33.ip4.tinet.net          0.0%    76    6.3   6.5   5.3  28.9   3.1
     8. gtt-gw.ip4.tinet.net              0.0%    76    6.4   6.6   5.0  30.0   3.3
     9. 69.31.54.194                      0.0%    76    6.4  10.8   6.0 118.1  16.3
    10. quadranet-colocrossing.quadranet  0.0%    75    7.3   6.7   6.1   9.8   0.6
    11. host.colocrossing.com             0.0%    75    7.0   7.4   6.6  13.8   1.0
    12.                                  23.0%    75    6.9   7.0   5.9  17.4   2.1
    13.                                   1.3%    75    6.7   6.6   5.7  15.4   1.4

• GreenValueHost said: Anyone that has been with us in the past and have been "kicked out" as a result of our harsh CPU abuse policies are more than welcome to come back and enjoy 3 free months of service, including you too as well, @Mun and @joelgm.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm done with GVH.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost You are not giving a good impression of yourself to long experienced Lowend talkers. Folks here have seen many newcomers and wannabe players who brag as much as you do fail so you are simply not impressing any one here.

Try to understand this. People value their time more than the $5 price of your highest plan. If someone values their time at $10 and hour and spends 2 or 3 hours setting up a server that is $30 gone down the drain over a provider they should have known better than host with, not to mention their irate clients. And you are looking very much that provider. From the complaints here you are already that provider.

It is clear that you are being used by some folks known well around here who know LETers will turn up the noses at them if they show up around here. Do you think given a choice between VPSDime server at $7 for 6Gb guaranteed RAM and a GVH server at $5 for 4Gb guaranteed a knowledgeable guy will go for yours because you tacked on 100TB bandwidth? I am not even interested in a 6Gb VPS because I rarely hit 3Gb on mine.(no disrespect to Oktay)

You would create a better impression by staying away from LET and a few other boards and devoting your time to your customer's issues.

I got one of your VPSs and to be fair to you it scored one of the highest Unixbench scores I have ever seen on a VPS. Whether it was misconfigured or I was simply lucky I don't know. But I am in no hurry to set it up because of the reasons mentioned. If in a few days or a week it is still fine, then I will consider putting some effort into setting it up.

Do yourself a favor and only come here to respond to genuine customer complaints and don't let yourself be baited by righteously cynical and sceptical LETers. These guys have seen it all and they are usually right.

• @Mun on the tracert, what does 12, 13 mean?

• MunMun Member

@MorningIris said:
    Mun on the tracert, what does 12, 13 mean?

Those are the last hop or two to your server(vps) and one right next to you.

Mun

• @MorningIris - I have a tech working on it now.

• All of our servers are going to be performance audited today.

• srv3 is being upgraded right now as well too and issues on the server will be relieved by tonight.

• I have 5 techs including myself working on the performance tuning of srv3 and a mass audit right now.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    I have 5 techs including myself working on the performance tuning of srv3 and a mass audit right now.

Can you work on the ticket that your tech "escalated" to you involving the entire Buffalo node my VPS is on being down for 30+ minutes?

• MunMun Member

@skylarM, Don't worry they are auditing its downtime XD (Current Downtime 35minutes 25second, 26 seconds, 27 seconds....)

Mun

• @GreenValueHost Sent email to you again...

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

I don't know why, but reading this thread I just have images of someone running endlessly between a load of spinning plates trying to stop them from falling.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Janevski
  • @SkylarM - The mass audit will fix that and you'll be updated as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.