Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• this is the OP with the latest update on this continuing fiasco

i apologize for not posting sooner, however i changed my email address on LET and was never able to confirm the change until i filed a ticket, after which it was pushed through manually - in the mean time, i lost posting privileges

i took jonathan up on his offer of free shared hosting for the duration of my stay - primarily because a) i don't want to deal with the hassle of moving right now (this is not something i do all the time like you guys) and b) i figure GVH ought to pay for making my experience with them rather shitty, especially over the last several weeks/months

the result is not pretty...

after...
    "upgrading both the memory and the CPU of our srv3 cloud server"

and ...
    "assigning our most skilled techs on the job to optimize the performance of srv3"

and ...
    "additional memory has been added, additional CPU has been added"

and ...
    "tasked our most skilled administrators to closely monitor our srv3 hosting server and ensure that the issues that you have been facing over the past few weeks will never happen again"

here is the result...

i also ran tests yesterday and the result was similar. jonathan said that he was running tests at the same time, therefore the server load was high

i re-opened the ticket today and am anxiously awaiting what excuse the new day will bring

i had hoped to reply with positive news

i had hoped that GVH really did care and this whole issue was just 'one of those things' - after all, we are all human and we ALL screw up

unfortunately, i am running out of excuses for them

fortunately, they are not

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @lowEndMan - The CPU load spike you're seeing right now is only temporary. After my last update of tweaks that have been made to the server, the loads averaged around 3-4 and the load is back down again. This is the current stat: Load Averages: 2.93 6.49 8.24

I have already told you via email that the high load you saw before was due to me running WHMPHP tasks which uses a lot of processes. As we notified clients that they could have a free migration to one of our servers, we had quite a few bite and the migrations we're performing are temporarily increasing the load of the CPU and I deeply apologize. Again, the fixes that we have applied to the server have permanently resolved the high load issue and the load may fluctuate for another day or two while we work to complete all the migration requests to our other servers that our clients have submitted. So what you're seeing right now is only temporary, and you have nothing to worry about.

• Again, WHMPHP tasks & migrations are currently in progress so you may see the load fluctuate but as of right now everything is stable and you have nothing to worry about. I've said this many times over and over again; we don't lie to our clients and when I make a statement it's a true statement. I kept my word 100% of granting you free service for the duration of your stay along with a $20 account credit. I just ask please for your patience and understanding while we work to satisfy other clients as well whom wish to have accounts migrated, etc. which may cause temporary load spikes. Note temporary. We're working to get everything resolved as soon as possible.

• MunMun Member

@lowendman can you increase the size of the pictures, they are impossible for me to read :(

Mun

• @GreenValueHost - consider this...

i have NEVER had so many problems with a host as i've had with GVH

i have never had to file as many support tickets in as short of a time

the server load is only one issue - another issue is a customer filing a PayPal dispute with me because he was unable to receive responses to support requests because you mail server was blacklisted FOR APPROX. 2 MONTHS before some light bulb went off at GVH prompting a change of its IP, not to mention several others who did not receive important emails regarding support issues

other issues? no database connection; website unavailable (multiple tickets); FTP/SFTP/cPanel access slow or unavailable (multiple tickets); eaccelerator php errors; sv3 down time ...

from 18-Jul-2013 until today, 27 tickets total (and counting) - granted a few (3-5 maybe) were a result of my dumbness - the rest yours

now you tell me, and everyone here, how bloody great everything is after "putting your best techs" on the job and adding a cpu and adding memory and preforming optimizations and audits and and and...

then you turn around and tell me that it's **temporary ** slow again because people are bailing out of srv3 ... like i'm supposed to know this? all i know is the service has not improved

i also find it very interesting that GVH replies here are detailed (albeit largely meaningless salesmanship), yet your and your techs replies to me personally, via email and tickets, are usually one-liners, often void of any details or helpful information whatsoever - "we're working on it"; "we're aware of the issue"; "it works fine now"; "try it again"

again, i highly recommend that anyone considering service with Green Value Host look elsewhere

i cannot speak for their VPS services, but their incompetence, particularly with the handling of the [still ongoing] sv3 issue and failure to change the IP for a blacklisted mail server for approx. 2 months, as was pointed out in this thread, ought to be considered by anyone seeking hosting service with them

lastly, and most importantly, nothing was done by GVH to resolve these issues for approximately 2 months until i finally became so frustrated that i started this thread on LET

so your credibility, Jonathan, is in the toilet and for good reason -- now do you see why your last reply is utterly meaningless to me? temporary? i've heard it all before

barring any further catastrophes, i will refrain from bashing your company beyond this post, with the possible exception of replying directly to your replies, however i felt it necessary that people know the result of a problem when it's "fixed" by GVH

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I've already addressed all of the issues that you've put forward and we're making a great effort to improve. I've already apologized to you multiple times and offered you free service for life + a $20.00 account credit which you've accepted. I've addressed the issue of why the CPU spiked at 9:24 AM EST and that's because work is still being done on the server in regards to migrating customers away from the node which causes CPU spikes.

All of the issue in that post you just posted has already been resolved. If you feel the need to go on a complete temper tantrum and bash us continuously based off of past issues that we have already resolved, be my guest but for everyone here I just wish for them to know that we've already resolved the issues and are improving based off of them. I don't really understand why you have to go on an crazy angry rage/temper tantrum/bashing spree when we've already resolved everything, apologized, and made an effort to make things up to you. I'm sorry about the things that happened, everything is resolved, and we're making a huge effort to make things better. I understand that it's up to you whether or not you want to accept my apology but I really don't see the need for you to continue bashing us :/ I don't know what else to say or what else you want us to do. You want to continue hosting with us, but you insist on bashing us for some sort of revenge to satisfy yourself in an attempt to make us lose sales? I don't understand.

• I don't understand why you've accepted the compensation I've offered to you and decided to keep hosting with us, but just want to continue bashing us? How much revenge do you need? When does this stop? What do you want us to do for you to make this better? What do you want from us?

By looks of everything right now, everything looks perfect so again I have to ask this question: After all of the things that I've done in great attempts to make things better and make things up to you, what do you want me to do further?

• Maybe he enjoys it.

• Okay, well, if you just feel the need to keep bashing us for you to feel better, I understand. I feel really bad about this incident and worked the entire day to have it fixed, apologized many many times, offered you generous compensation (which you accepted), and am still working to have things resolved but honestly I understand that you may feel the need to bash us further and that we may deserve it and that's fine. I'll just continue to give my best effort in proving to everyone here that our shared hosting services deserve a second chance and hope for the best.

• Seems to me like Jonathan here is at least trying to make things correct. Should wait a week and see if the services improve..

• yes, i do apologize for getting all bent out of shape as a result of 2 months worth of incompetence, a blacklisted mail server IP and overselling on sv3 on the part of GVH - problems that were never resolved until i went on a "crazy angry rage/temper tantrum/bashing spree" as you put it

apparently you fail to realize that, had these issues been resolved without having to post here, there would have been no post here

if you think my acceptance of your offer for free hosting should compel me in some way to suddenly change directions and bow to the greatness of GVH, let me know

until then, you, my friend, will get what it is i perceive you deserve for 2+ months worth of incredibly crappy service, that being a warning to others

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • oh - and i would also> @catalystium said:

Seems to me like Jonathan here is at least trying to make things correct. Should wait a week and see if the services improve..

if they do improve, i will try and remember and post back here

the problem is GVH's track record - i've heard it all before, therefore, at this time, i have NO reason to believe they will

• Yeah I hear ya, if it doesn't improve then it could be time to move on.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@lowEndMan said:
    yes, i do apologize for getting all bent out of shape as a result of 2 months worth of incompetence, a blacklisted mail server IP and overselling on sv3 on the part of GVH - problems that were never resolved until i went on a "crazy angry rage/temper tantrum/bashing spree" as you put it

apparently you fail to realize that, had these issues been resolved without having to post here, there would have been no post here

if you think my acceptance of your offer for free hosting should compel me in some way to suddenly change directions and bow to the greatness of GVH, let me know

until then, you, my friend, will get what it is i perceive you deserve for 2+ months worth of incredibly crappy service, that being a warning to others

Well okay then, this basically translates to a statement saying that despite all the efforts that I've made for improvement, you're going to be continuing your temper tantrum based on the past until you feel that your 'revenge' has been achieved. That's fine. You can continue to encourage people to stay away from us based on what has happened in the past that's already been resolved, although you insist on not moving away from us yourself which does make perfect sense and I completely understand. I've already said everything that I needed to say.

• derpderp Member
    edited January 2014

It's obvious that there are problems, either in the past or still ongoing. However, at least your host is making an attempt to fix things. If the speed at which they're making changes isn't to your liking, or you're seeing no actual difference in service after their changes, then drop their lifetime free hosting offer and simply move on. I'm fairly certain that you've given a detailed description of why you believe people should stay away by now. There really is no need to continue.

As for the one line or short responses to your tickets, I think that's pretty normal in this industry. Report problem, they fix it. Report problem, they fix it. I'd only care about detailed replies and speedy fixes if I was paying an arm and a leg or running a profitable business via their services and needed to feed back information to my clients. Then again, if I was running a profitable business I wouldn't be using a $2 - $7 a month service in the first place.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@lowEndMan said:
    oh - and i would also> catalystium said:
    the problem is GVH's track record - i've heard it all before, therefore, at this time, i have NO reason to believe they will

How about I move your website over to a fully managed cPanel/WHM dedicated server with all the works for free (for life) instead of having you stay on your shared hosting account? And in addition I'll provide you with personal contacts, assign you an account manager from our management team, and mark your account for priority support. To make it up to you further I can throw in cash compensation in the form of a PayPal payment. So what do you say? Please let me know if you'd like to accept this offer and we'll get started on fulfilling this immediately.

And in all honesty I don't think you have any reason not to trust what I say because my track record proves that I've never lied in any public or private situation dealing with clients/business.

• MunMun Member

Not bashing here, but it seems the issues as GVH is stating is that they are moving a ton of clients off of the server at once. To help fix this issue maybe use (renice, ionice, and nice) on your processes lowering them to a bare minimum as to only run when the disk is idle and all other processing tasks finish first?

Mun

• well, what do you expect after weeks/months of you doing nothing to resolve the issue?

you can call it "temper tantrum" if you want, but you and i (and i suspect several other here) know the truth - you failed to resolve the issues plaguing srv3 and your mail server for approx. TWO MONTHS and that, IN AND OF ITSELF, LED TO THIS THREAD

read the original post - it is a review - where in it, or after it, have i criticized your service without being warranted?

was any issues i brought up false?

what have i said that is not true?

where did i exaggerate?

if you can't provide answers to those questions, then your statement insinuating that i am out for revenge is allot of bull, now isn't it?

yes, i am mad, but i believe i have every right and reason to be

you may also notice that i am, by far, not the only one to bash your service

• Take it or he'll start offering some other kinds of favors @owEndMan

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@Mun said:
    Not bashing here, but it seems the issues as GVH is stating is that they are moving a ton of clients off of the server at once. To help fix this issue maybe use (renice, ionice, and nice) on your processes lowering them to a bare minimum as to only run when the disk is idle and all other processing tasks finish first?

Mun

This is the current load average of srv3 and it's been like this for quite a while now: Load Averages: 5.16 4.41 4.82

srv3 is at this time very stable and we don't have many migrations left.

I hope that it's evident here that we're making a huge effort to make things up to the OP. I've never seen any host offer a customer a free fully managed cpanel/whm dedicated server with all the works for life in addition to a cash PayPal payment for compensation for anything.

• MunMun Member

Is there a test domain on that server GVH?

How many cores are on the box?

• lowEndManlowEndMan Member
    edited January 2014

GreenValueHost said: How about I move your website over to a fully managed cPanel/WHM dedicated server with all the works for free (for life) instead of having you stay on your shared hosting account? And in addition I'll provide you with personal contacts, assign you an account manager from our management team, and mark your account for priority support. To make it up to you further I can throw in cash compensation in the form of a PayPal payment. So what do you say? Please let me know if you'd like to accept this offer and we'll get started on fulfilling this immediately.

And in all honesty I don't think you have any reason not to trust what I say because my track record proves that I've never lied in any public or private situation dealing with clients/business.

while i appreciate the offer, you can keep it

when i move, it won't be to another GVH server

• @Mun said:
    Is there a test domain on that server GVH?

How many cores are on the box?

I can't release any domains on the server as that would be against our privacy policy. The box has 6 full dedicated Xeon E5-2620 cores.

@lowEndMan said:

No problem, that's your decision and I completely understand. If you decide to move to another host, send me an email. We'll pay off your first month bill with your new host for you.

• MunMun Member

@lowEndMan said:

Wimpers lightly, can I have it...... you don't even need to put cPanel or WHM on it, just give me straight debian and ill be happy.........

Mun

• @lowEndMan said:
    well, what do you expect after weeks/months of you doing nothing to resolve the issue?

you can call it "temper tantrum" if you want, but you and i (and i suspect several other here) know the truth - you failed to resolve the issues plaguing srv3 and your mail server for approx. TWO MONTHS and that, IN AND OF ITSELF, LED TO THIS THREAD

read the original post - it is a review - where in it, or after it, have i criticized your service without being warranted?

was any issues i brought up false?

what have i said that is not true?

where did i exaggerate?

if you can't provide answers to those questions, then your statement insinuating that i am out for revenge is allot of bull, now isn't it?

yes, i am mad, but i believe i have every right and reason to be

you may also notice that i am, by far, not the only one to bash your service

I didn't say that anything you said were false. But I said many times that we've resolved everything and you're just "beating a dead horse", getting nothing accomplished by bashing us for an issue continuously after it's already been resolved. I've made every effort to compensate you including offering you a free service for life valued at over $1,000/year, along with a PayPal cash compensation -- and if that doesn't say "We're sorry, we're trying to make amends", I don't know what does.

• MunMun Member
    edited January 2014

GreenValueHost said: I can't release any domains on the server as that would be against our privacy policy. The box has 6 full dedicated Xeon E5-2620 cores.

If so you are nearly at capacity for that box. You should commit your server to about %75 of its total capacity. Which you are at if not still a little more right now. (4.5 load should be your current threshold).

Maybe sign up a free domain like test101.greenvaluehost.com with a simple page and some images, maybe a blank copy of your frontpage? That way we can test and see what is up. Though I think the issue is that one, your apache server is maxing out on connections, and two your KeepAlive is maxed out.

edit: moved around for better flow.....

.... maybe a good rent to own option for that dedi..... wimpers

Mun

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited January 2014

@lowEndMan said:
    while i appreciate the offer, you can keep it

I'll take it

• @Mun I pm'ed you with an account login on srv3 for you.

• It's srv3.securenetworkpanel.com I also have a few domains on that box. I remember when gvh sold all shared hosts to hvh and started offering to move some people to srv3 and now srv3 is having the same issues as the regular shared hosting was... yet some people receive no compensation for their problems even though they have made the same complaint about mail server ips and such..

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2014

GreenValueHost said: I didn't say that anything you said were false. But I said many times that we've resolved everything and you're just "beating a dead horse", getting nothing accomplished by bashing us for an issue continuously after it's already been resolved. I've made every effort to compensate you including offering you a free service for life valued at over $1,000/year, along with a PayPal cash compensation -- and if that doesn't say "We're sorry, we're trying to make amends", I don't know what does.

I have to admit, @IowEndMan, you've been going on about this while @GreenValueHost has been making a lot of attempts at fixing this for you. He's even offered some pretty insane forms of compensation that I have never seen a provider offer and probably will never see any provider offer again.

This discussion has been closed.