Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

Comments

• @Kadar said:
    It's srv3.securenetworkpanel.com I also have a few domains on that box. I remember when gvh sold all shared hosts to hvh and started offering to move some people to srv3 and now srv3 is having the same issues as the regular shared hosting was... yet some people receive no compensation for their problems even though they have made the same complaint about mail server ips and such..

All clients on srv3 are eligible for compensation. Ticket in to management and we'll work things out.

• @derp said:
    As for the one line or short responses to your tickets, I think that's pretty normal in this industry. [...]

i agree - replies by the techs are usually minimal and normally i don't mind that so much (though i am always curious as to what caused a problem - was it my fault? can i avoid it in the future?)

the problem here is that they didn't fix it

i repeatedly filed tickets for several weeks/months regarding crappy performance on sv3 and nothing was done - only when i posted here was anything done

they obviously saw that i was becoming more and more frustrated and therefore i feel that a more detailed explanation of the problem was warranted - instead, they did nothing.... at all... as far as i can tell... until i posted here

now do you see why i got pissed?

and then Johnathon attempts to turn the table and put me in a defensive position by insinuating i am seeking revenge, as though i was making this stuff up???

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

I'm not trying to turn the table. I very clearly acknowledged all the complaints that you have made and have said very many times that I'm not denying the issues you've made.

A lot of people have hinted so far in this thread that a normal person would have moved on after the host/company resolves their complaints and offers compensation, however you are dragging this on forever and even YOU YOURSELF have replied saying that you're going to drag this on for as long as YOU feel we deserve. Is this not revenge now since we've already resolved everything? This is no longer a matter of "We're not fixing the problem", this is a matter of "GVH has to suffer despite all the resolutions they've made because I'm still extremely angry and won't let anything go." and I've already said I understand and respect that, and that's your decision. But don't just say you're not seeking revenge because that's exactly what you're seeking.

Everything is already on the table. There were issues. We look a long time to fix it. You posted this thread. We rushed to have the issue resolved. We made more improvements and offered large compensations to all srv3 clients. --> and this is the point where you drag things on, as per your post that said you're going to drag this on as long as you feel is needed so we may suffer and so that your thirst for revenge may be satisfied. and as mpkossen said I've offered a lot of compensation, an apology, fixed the issue, so really this is just a matter of you seeking revenge now and I understand that. You can seek all the revenge you want and I don't believe anyone here is trying to stop you. I don't know what else you want me to do. And if you want to continue bashing us by saying the same exact things over and over and over, that is fine.

• @GreenValueHost it seems nothing you can do to satisfied him, rather than focus on 1 matter like this that keep blaming even after you offering compesations and alot of apologies, maybe you should focus more on other client that maybe got problems too, before more topics will bring up from the other client that got problems. Move on

• mpkossen said: I have to admit, @LowEndMan, you've been going on about this while @GreenValueHost has been making a lot of attempts at fixing this for you. He's even offered some pretty insane forms of compensation that I have never seen a provider offer and probably will never see any provider offer again.

i'm not going on about it - i'm just answering and commenting on posts

as far as the offers made by GVH, put yourself in my shoes... you spend 2+ months hassling with a provider that, to the best of my knowledge, did nothing to resolve issues for approx. 2 months, cause a customer of mine to file a PayPal dispute (because of their blacklisted mail server IP), caused others to not receive answers to support requests, and probably oversold the server which i am on leading to page load times often exceeding 5, 10, 20 and 40 seconds (GTmetrix and my own tests)

now how anxious would you be to accept those offers?

they may mean well and they may be genuinely be concerned about their customers and they may have resolved the issue, but i do not know and i would be a fool to ignore their track record

while i appreciate their offers of a free VPS, i have literally less than no interest at this time

we'll see what happens - i may well come back here with positive things to say. i would be lying if i said i wouldn't like to dance in the blood of a dying GVH at this time, but i must say that i will be fair and i will be honest, so if they deserve credit in the future, i will give it

• iSky said: it seems nothing you can do to satisfied him [...]

not true - if the server performance improves (and it seems to running ok at this moment), and they take care of problems in a more timely manner instead of waiting 2 months for someone to get angry enough to post here because ticketing did no good, then i will be happy

i consider the free service offer for a shared account for the duration of my stay with GVH to be quite fair, given the hassle i had to endure, so now it is just a matter of a reasonably good performance... and it's not like i expect dedicated performance on a shared box, but i do expect page load times to be less than 10-40+ seconds

i will credit them if things improve, but it is obviously too early to do that now

• MunMun Member

@lowendman, can you PM me on your affected domains? Also mind doing a quick test right now, as GVH has stated moves are done now?

Mun

• kontamkontam Member
    edited January 2014

lowEndMan what the hell is your problem? Do you have some personal issues with this guy or what? It's a $3 hosting! If it sucks for you, ask for a refund and move on. Stop dramatizing on 4 pages like he abused your sister or something, Jesus Christ!

edited by jcaleb

• @GreenValueHost just earned my respect from what I have read so far.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited January 2014

@Mun said:
    11. host.colocrossing.com 0.0% 9 14.9 8.4 6.6 14.9 2.7
    12. 11.1% 9 6.7 6.7 6.1 7.6 0.6
    13. 11.1% 9 6.7 6.5 5.9 7.0 0.3

I had exact same issue with some dedicated servers. Rebooting them would lead to this, which would then take ~8-24 hrs to resolve & get server back up. Didn't reboot them anymore after that first time. I've had this issue with Colocrossing before, w/ two different providers.

As for GVH, given what I paid for the servers I got, I can't really complain... I'd steer clear simply because of Colocrossing.

• MunMun Member

Before anyone shoots me, Im not here to bash.... OK!

Alright, so GVH was very kind to give me a test account on SRV3, and I installed a blank wordpress and uploaded some personal, and small web pages from my old HTML class that I went through. Here is some results.

Below is the wordpress load time for GVH, this is a fresh wordpress install, nothing done to optimize it, just basic Wordpress!

Here is another site hosted on my server, this one has a big theme, and is quite intense

Alright, now since everyone wanted to see what I look like here is me, yes I am ugly I know :(

This is tested on GVH:

Here is the same page tested on my server:

Now my ping to GVH is:

Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=163ms TTL=52
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=250ms TTL=52
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=143ms TTL=52
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=145ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for :
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 143ms, Maximum = 250ms, Average = 175ms

Here is my ping to my server:

Pinging  with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=142ms TTL=54
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=54
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=54
    Reply from : bytes=32 time=158ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for :
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 132ms, Maximum = 158ms, Average = 146ms

All in all, the initial load times on pages is a tad bit slow, but after that they are about normal, they do bounce up and down from time to time.

I will admit that I did refresh the page multiple times with a full reload of the page to get make sure everything was cached in there systems, etc, and that the connect had gone through once or twice before.

So you decide on how you vote.

at GVH, can you look into the server again, it feels like the server is having a hard time on new page loads, like maybe the disk is being hammered or something, not sure. You may also want to do a check on MYSQL, as it could be getting hammered.

Mun

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost

Thanks for the quick refund, as I always want to order from you years ago but kinda afraid with the tos/terms.

I never break any provider tos/terms, or intend to break some law or maybe spam someone but I do still afraid with your tos/terms.

But on your last offer, I did order and while it on pending state I ask for refund. And I get the refund within hours.

While waiting for refund... My vps get provisioned, and I do serverbear at http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/01/15/FJsKqAFKgAMz9P5D

As I follow your track at LET I do believe you trying to be better. Just keep doing it and someday I might be your next client.

Again thanks.

• With all the respect but i have the feeling greenvaluehost is really trying to resolve problems created probably by abusers.

They do have a 45 day refund policy if i recall which they honor with no questions asked from personal experience.

• LeeLee Veteran

With all respect the issue with abusers is down to the unsustainable offers attracting the trash. So they only have themselves to blame and should be more prepared to deal with it.

• Gvh, you could well prevent this problem if you keep your eyes on your servers and do maintain regularly, and help your clients before things go wild like this. I see that you have been doing a lot to make things right but its a bit late now, but its better late than nothing.

No offense, you still don't have my respect sine you called your clients moron in another thread. Your clients are the one who pay your living and bring you $$$ but you just bad mouth to them. I know there are bad/good clients, but if you don't like the bad ones, talk/act more professional.

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited January 2014

Guys,give @GreenValueHost some time to clear and improve.

• I didn't read all the above bickering and bile.
    GreenValueHost has turned out well for me.
    They seem to be trying to get customers and keep them, to me.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

I can understand that @lowendman did refuse GVH's offer, I'm just surprised that some other people's don't.
    Ofcourse it was a nice gesture from GVH's side but ask yourself this, what is it worth if you have had the bad experience that @lowendman experiences?

GVH keeps repeating that everything is fixed, but after 2 months + x posts on LET later it still doesn't appear to be fixed at all.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@namhuy said:

Gvh, you could well prevent this problem if you keep your eyes on your servers and do maintain regularly, and help your clients before things go wild like this. I see that you have been doing a lot to make things right but its a bit late now, but its better late than nothing.

No offense, you still don't have my respect sine you called your clients moron in another thread. Your clients are the one who pay your living and bring you $$$ but you just bad mouth to them. I know there are bad/good clients, but if you don't like the bad ones, talk/act more professional.

Thanks for the feedback, but I honestly don't think that I've ever called a client a moron. At most I'll call out the truth and respectfully disagree with certain statements but I don't go to the degree of name calling.

• @Mark_R said:
    I can understand that lowendman did refuse GVH's offer, I'm just surprised that some other people's don't.
    Ofcourse it was a nice gesture from GVH's side but ask yourself, what is it worth if you had the bad experience that lowendman experiences?

GVH keeps repeating that everything is fixed, but after 2 months + x posts on LET later it still doesn't appear to be fixed at all.

As the OP stated, it's already been fixed now.

• lowEndMan said: as far as the offers made by GVH, put yourself in my shoes... you spend 2+ months hassling with a provider that, to the best of my knowledge, did nothing to resolve issues for approx. 2 months, cause a customer of mine to file a PayPal dispute (because of their blacklisted mail server IP), caused others to not receive answers to support requests, and probably oversold the server which i am on leading to page load times often exceeding 5, 10, 20 and 40 seconds (GTmetrix and my own tests)

I honestly understand your frustration, but come on. You have made your point. GVH has tried to fix it above and beyond. It's time to say: thank you for your kind offers! It may be followed by: but I've decided to move on, or: I'm going to take one of the offers. But coming here to keep complaining would only seem an option if you want to hurt GVH. It very much feels like you're seeking revenge.

Let me tell you this: this will not get your clients back and it won't get them satisfied (again) either. It just makes you look unprofessional.

Other than that, hosting clients on a (cheap) shared hosting package is not something I would recommend. A VPS is more suitable for that. But that's in retrospect, of course :-)

@Mun: the cake is finally coming off, isn't it?

W1V_Lee said: With all respect the issue with abusers is down to the unsustainable offers attracting the trash.

True. But then again, abuse is not something people should do. Unsustainable offers may be very sustainable without abusers.

It's like saying you shouldn't drive a car, because people speed, and speeding causes accidents. People just shouldn't speed, in which case it's safer to drive a car.

Thanked by 2Epidrive srvrpro
  • MunMun Member

@mpkossen what is wrong with you!!! It is pie!! cake is a lie!

Mun

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited January 2014

The OP probably isn't too interested in a free-ride but more a reliable service.

GVH you are not a victim here, you keep saying stuff along the lines of this fix it once and for all, and then ah.. but I'm running whmphp stuff (stick in a cgroup so it doesnt affect others), in other words not stable, its comical that he now claims the box is stable after load averages have been reasonable for 24hrs (facepalm). "You can have all the downtime in the world and it won't cost you cent".. Move on..

Thanked by 2Mark_R Mitsuhashi
  • @greenvaluehost really appreciate your patience for this thread & goodwill gesture.

• @Mun said:
    mpkossen what is wrong with you!!! It is pie!! cake is a lie!

Mun

OK, OK, you got me ;-) It's a pie!

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    OK, OK, you got me ;-) It's a pie!

YEAH :D

• I'm thinking that there's a difference between OP's and GVH's expectations of good, reliable service.

OP expects things to be configured properly so that he doesn't have to raise tickets all the time, and only minimal amounts of server puking is acceptable to him. That hasn't been the case so far and he doesn't expect it to change much in the future.

GVH expects clients to accept that a server can puke sometimes since there are all sorts of clients in there.

@iowendman, I understand your frustrations and it's the exact reason why I no longer waste money on cheap, overloaded services (I know the definition of "overloaded" can be subjective, and my definition seems to differ with GVH-Jon's). The numbers just don't lie. If two nodes from two different providers each have 500 units of resources, and one provider sells each unit for $1 while the other sells each unit for $0.25............
    Go for providers who you know are making decent profit off of each customer, not for ones that are making you think "OMG how is this host offering so much for so little? No-brainer! Buy buy buy!"

• @lowendman If you are running a commercial service, then you are letting down your customers by using an unreliable provider to host their services. Consider if you are being sincere with them by relying on GVH.

• LeeLee Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    True. But then again, abuse is not something people should do. Unsustainable offers may > be very sustainable without abusers.

It's like saying you shouldn't drive a car, because people speed, and speeding causes accidents. People just shouldn't speed, in which case it's safer to drive a car.

Wut?

Anyway, point is that this is the LET market, it's of no surprise it's an early stop on the lookout for cheap deals by abusers, so when a deal comes along claiming ridiculous space and bandwidth for throw away money then it becomes a target. that is up to the provider to factor in and deal with. Whether people should do it or not is entirely irrellevant, the fact is they do.

• lowEndManlowEndMan Member
    edited January 2014

mpkossen said: I honestly understand your frustration, but come on. You have made your point. GVH has tried to fix it above and beyond. It's time to say: thank you for your kind offers! It may be followed by: but I've decided to move on, or: I'm going to take one of the offers. But coming here to keep complaining would only seem an option if you want to hurt GVH. It very much feels like you're seeking revenge.

Let me tell you this: this will not get your clients back and it won't get them satisfied (again) either. It just makes you look unprofessional.

Other than that, hosting clients on a (cheap) shared hosting package is not something I would recommend. A VPS is more suitable for that. But that's in retrospect, of course :-)

unbelievable... you, and 1 or 2 others, make statements that ask for or prompt for a comment ... and then ridicule me for commenting!

there are 5 pages of comments here - on how many pages do my comments appear? how may comments are mine?

i HAVE told GVH that i appreciate their offers

i HAVE stated that the offer of free shared hosting was more than fair

i HAVE stated that, at this time, the server seems to be running ok (i did not say it was "fixed" as stated by GVH as it's too early to tell, but all appears well so far)

so what is the point of your comment?

i don't have the money or time or knowledge to run a VPS, so whether i should be or not is irrelevant ... and i'm sure that admittance of fact will cause some to ask "then why didn't you accept the free VPS offered by GVH?" -- i didn't accept it for a couple reasons, one of which is that i didn't feel i deserved that degree of compensation

now, if you, or anyone else, expects me to tell you how great GVH is because they managed to fix a problem that should have been fixed 2 months ago, and gave me a free shared account for my troubles, well TOUGH BEANS BUDDY - it ain't happenin'

when i see, over time, that the server CONTINUES to preform reasonably well, only then will i give GVH more credit than i have up to this point

This discussion has been closed.