Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host - STAY AWAY - end customer review

1234568»

Comments

• @srvrpro said:
    GreenValueHost just earned my respect from what I have read so far.

which is why I suspect this thread is possibly a great bit of advertising. get someone to dis your service, then be seen to bend over backwards to fix it.

• i am punching out with the following comment...

the issue with my current server was never completely corrected, but Jonathan has made several offers in the interest of providing better service, including a fully managed, dedicated server at no cost to me, which is one hell of a leap from a shared box

while i turned down the offer because i didn't feel that level of compensation was warranted, i did accept his offer for free shared hosting for the duration of my stay, however since that isn't going to work on the current server, he then offered to move me, or provide a fully-managed VPS, of which i chose the latter

i spoke to Jonathan on the phone a couple of times. i get the impression he is young and not overly experienced and that the company is undergoing some growing pains, however our conversation left me with the impression that GVH is a) trying hard to please its customers, and b), learning from their mistakes.

i wanted to speak to him personally to get the kind of impression that you just don't always get through email and support tickets, and i have to say i was pleased - though he may not be the best communicator, Jonathan seemed to be quite honest and very eager to make things right

he explained to me why changing the IP of a mail server (which was blacklisted by Spamhaus) is not as trivial as i assumed it might be and he also said that trying to get un-blacklisted is a rather elaborate and time consuming process

regarding the mail server fiasco, he admitted GVH was partially responsible by not placing basic limits on the number of mails per hour a customer could send - a bad mistake on their part i would think, but i do give him credit for admitting to it, which is far gutsier than trying to bury it (limits on the mail server are now in place he informed me)

in the end, i think GVH learned some very valuable lessons and i do not expect they will repeat the same mistakes

i will also add one item which i did not mention previously, which is that their response time to support requests is very prompt, even if the information they provide is not always as detailed as i would like

lastly, out of courtesy (and i told him exactly that), i ran this reply by Jonathan before posting it. call it baiting, but i wanted to see if he would ask me to edit it

he did not - he thanked me

• WALL OF TEXT !!
    tl;dr.

• MunMun Member

@darkshire said:
    WALL OF TEXT !!
    tl;dr.

TLDR:

LowendMan got annoyed at GVH for not fixing a shared hosting server after multiple complaints on multiple days. He comes to LET and make a post stating don't use GVH as they don't have a clue what they are doing. Bickering ensues. GVH jumps on a horse, and states that his team are now checking every node. More bickering ensues. GVH makes funny comments, and claims that nodes are all fixed. LowEndMan, then posts that it isn't fixed. More bickering ensues, as both sides point at the other. GVH then offers lots of amazing deals (like a full dedicated server no charge, wimpers lightly to myself) and LowEndMan refuses. Everyone bickers more, and then two messages above this. Everything is better :D.

Mun

Thanked by 1Mitsuhashi
  • nonubynonuby Member
    edited January 2014

A shorter TLDR;

GVH can't get their shit in order after repeated one-and-for-all final attempts/promises/"closure" in terms of technical/reliability (the remark: df -h depends on updatedb might be a hint of source of this trouble), but they won't steal your money if you want to risk trying them, they are trying at least.

• @GVH pls read mine.
    ticket #235048

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost:ticket #208191and#726124 please

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

This is going to be an official policy shortly. DO NOT USE FORUMS AS OUR SUPPORT HELPDESK! Anyone whom does this WILL HAVE ALL OF THEIR TICKETS SET TO LOW PRIORITY FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR STAY. For both @wendell and @woochun - Repeated violations can result in immediate cancellation/termination, refund of invoices, and a ban from our website & client area.

• Ok,sorry

• MunMun Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    This is going to be an official policy shortly. DO NOT USE FORUMS AS OUR SUPPORT HELPDESK! Anyone whom does this WILL HAVE ALL OF THEIR TICKETS SET TO LOW PRIORITY FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR STAY. For both wendell and woochun - Repeated violations can result in immediate cancellation/termination, refund of invoices, and a ban from our website & client area.

XD Bahahahahahahahahaha Jon doesn't like cleaning up these threads no more.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/3295-100tb-a-month-challenge/ Just a good read for anyone interested in the topic of GVH BTW.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    For both wendell and woochun - Repeated violations can result in immediate cancellation/termination, refund of invoices, and a ban from our website & client area.

And there you go.. Was wondering how long you could keep that arrogance of yours under control.

• @GreenValueHost

you cannot change the terms and conditions as and where you want. You can only announce such rubbish because it isn't worth anybody's while to sue you over the issue.

You also haven't formally notified your customers, as though making such a post on LET constitutes such. Why don't you add this to your T & C clearly in BOLD AND CAPITALS, both here and on your website, email all your existing clients, point potential customers to it in your advertisements and announcements and see how many mugs will continue to sign up for your service.

You really need to grow up - of course LET isn't a grown up area.

Many people here are very interested in the refund part.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

Maybe time that you employ a policy manager for all these policy changes. It seems you spend more time on that.

But seriously, I have never seen such childish antics from a provider than GVH.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm waiting for the CC-owning-another-company comment.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    This is going to be an official policy shortly. DO NOT USE FORUMS AS OUR SUPPORT HELPDESK! Anyone whom does this WILL HAVE ALL OF THEIR TICKETS SET TO LOW PRIORITY FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR STAY. For both wendell and woochun - Repeated violations can result in immediate cancellation/termination, refund of invoices, and a ban from our website & client area.

worth quoting for posterity though this thread is set to sink

• @GreenValueHost said:

I can understand that you wanna encourage customers to handle everything through the ticket system but you cannot just restrict them from posting here, thats just too harsh.

• @texteditor said:
    worth quoting for posterity though this thread is set to sink

Yep. It's becoming another bash-thread and helpdesk. GVH have their own helpdesk for these issues.

If the OP or GVH have something to say, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.