Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Hostaris | Under new management
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostaris | Under new management

hostarishostaris Member

Good evening LET Community

As many of you know, we have recently changed ownership, from Josh to Alex.
As soon as we took over, there was approximately 100 unanswered tickets, which we have (almost) fully cleared. We have also issued all the refunds old customers requested.

WHAT IS NEXT?

As i stated on my previous posts, we are going to be restructuring the company from the start. Therefore, we won't be servicing new orders for a week to fix existing issues and add new features that will greatly improve the user experience on our service.

The billing system right now is now not accessible for support, and it's very hard for current customers to navigate. Therefore, we will be switching to WHMCS. We will be encouraging users to be opening tickets on our WHMCS for support, though eradicating discord support won't be easy since a lot of our users are active on discord and it's easier for them to receive support through the messenger rather than through WHMCS.

New Locations

Los Angeles, USA - One Wilshire Ave
Amsterdam, NL - Equinix AMS5
Ashburn, US - Centersquare WDC!

London is already deployed, Amsterdam will be deployed by the end of the week, Ashburn might take slightly longer but we will have it deployed by mid-June.

New Plans

We will be rolling out new standard and extreme plans.
Here are the specs and indicative pricing (pricing for existing customers will only be modified if it benefits the client):

  • AMD Ryzen 9 7900, 192GB RAM
  • AMD EPYC 7402P, 512 Gb RAM (Available in Amsterdam)
  • 2 x Intel Xeon 2699v4, 512 Gb RAM

Pricing:

£1.00 / GB of RAM - Intel Xeon / AMD EPYC
£2.00 / GB of RAM - AMD Ryzen

Existing customers can switch to new plans free of charge, without any ip change.

YABS:

`-------------------- A Bench.sh Script By Teddysun -------------------
Version : v2023-10-15

Usage : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

CPU Model : AMD Ryzen 9 7900 12-Core Processor
CPU Cores : 5 @ 3699.996 MHz
CPU Cache : 1024 KB
AES-NI : ✓ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✓ Enabled
Total Disk : 79.9 GB (6.3 GB Used)
Total Mem : 3.8 GB (1.0 GB Used)
System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 8 min
Load average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
OS : Debian GNU/Linux 12
Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel : 6.1.0-13-amd64
TCP CC : bbr
Virtualization : KVM
IPv4/IPv6 : ✓ Online / ✗ Offline

Region : No ISP detected

I/O Speed(1st run) : 2.6 GB/s
I/O Speed(2nd run) : 2.8 GB/s
I/O Speed(3rd run) : 3.5 GB/s
I/O Speed(average) : 3037.9 MB/s
---------------------------------------------------------------------- `

  • By early June we plan on starting the sale of dedicated servers. More updates will follow

  • As has already been asked of me on the old thread, we will stop using 4.10 space from ARIN out of region.

  • We will be hiring more staff as we go, because we expect an influx of customers during the summer. Personally, i can't wait to see the team grow.

  • In order to increase our SEO presence as well as to offer an extra service to our customers, we will be reactivating our social media accounts, as well as writing an extensive knowledgebase for newer customers detailing the basics of VPS usage.

TO SUM IT UP:

I would like to let everyone that doubts us know that we have already made more progress in 3 days than the old owners have in the past 2 months of running the hosting. I am still trying to get some account accesses from Josh, i have created brand new billing accounts.
In short, the new Hostaris will be unrecognizable, we will turn it around.
Will update when the maintenance period ends and we open again for business

Thanked by 2niceghost JasonM
«13456

Comments

  • hostarishostaris Member

    It is a good read. This is a more detailed explanation and a sort of tl:dr of the 6 pages of comments

  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

    @hostaris said:

    It is a good read. This is a more detailed explanation and a sort of tl:dr of the 6 pages of comments

    Except for the fact you left out some very critical parts... such as @Hypere's involvement previously, scamming / theft, fraud with Stripe + PP etc, you avoiding saying your ultimate beneficial ownership status, etc.

    If transparency is your goal, you didn't do very well here.

  • hostarishostaris Member
    edited May 27

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said:

    It is a good read. This is a more detailed explanation and a sort of tl:dr of the 6 pages of comments

    Except for the fact you left out some very critical parts... such as @Hypere's involvement previously, scamming / theft, fraud with Stripe + PP etc, you avoiding saying your ultimate beneficial ownership status, etc.

    If transparency is your goal, you didn't do very well here.

    I disproved all of it in the old thread, if you were to read the last 3 pages.
    Hypere is NOT involved with Hostaris, Neither is Ellis. I said it explicitly in that thread.
    I also said i opened new billing accounts, and the old ones will be cancelled any day now. Transparency is my ultimate goal, and i highlited it both in that thread and now here.

    I own hostaris.

    Thanked by 1astromandev
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    Thanked by 2emgh adly
  • hostarishostaris Member
    edited May 27

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    My only question is
    If there is a bill of sale between me (Alessandro Rogatski) and them How would they be involved in any way with the company i bought from them?

  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    My only question is
    If there is a bill of sale between me (Alessandro Rogatski) and them How would they be involved in any way with the company i bought from them?

    For £20 you can register a LTD In the UK, set the working capital to 100 trillion and become the richest person in the world for a minute. Does it make it legitimate?

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • hostarishostaris Member

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    My only question is
    If there is a bill of sale between me (Alessandro Rogatski) and them How would they be involved in any way with the company i bought from them?

    For £20 you can register a LTD In the UK, set the working capital to 100 trillion and become the richest person in the world for a minute. Does it make it legitimate?

    That's not the question that i have asked though...
    I bought the company from them. how would they be involved in it after i bought it?

  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    My only question is
    If there is a bill of sale between me (Alessandro Rogatski) and them How would they be involved in any way with the company i bought from them?

    For £20 you can register a LTD In the UK, set the working capital to 100 trillion and become the richest person in the world for a minute. Does it make it legitimate?

    That's not the question that i have asked though...
    I bought the company from them. how would they be involved in it after i bought it?

    You clearly missed my point. Paper is meaningless in that context.

  • hostarishostaris Member

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said:

    @wdmg said:

    @hostaris said: I disproved all of it in the old thread

    Let the LET members read for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

    My only question is
    If there is a bill of sale between me (Alessandro Rogatski) and them How would they be involved in any way with the company i bought from them?

    For £20 you can register a LTD In the UK, set the working capital to 100 trillion and become the richest person in the world for a minute. Does it make it legitimate?

    That's not the question that i have asked though...
    I bought the company from them. how would they be involved in it after i bought it?

    You clearly missed my point. Paper is meaningless in that context.

    So we have reached a point where even a legal bill, a transaction on which someone pays taxes on, is not valid...
    What is valid then? Because by your logic nothing can be used to prove the purchase or sale of the company

  • tenperatenpera Member

    @hostaris when are you going to bring **invoice per order **thru paypal?

  • hostarishostaris Member

    @tenpera said:
    @hostaris when are you going to bring **invoice per order **thru paypal?

    Whenever WHMCS rolls out
    Right now the system is set up very badly

  • edited May 27

    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • @hostaris said:
    Because by your logic nothing can be used to prove the purchase or sale of the company

    That's pretty much the point. In the end it's all about believing. There's no actual way of proving the whole thing isn't just a front.

  • hostarishostaris Member

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

  • ArgonManArgonMan Member

    @hostaris said:

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

    This is mainly why i put myself as working at hypere. On one side, i thought it was a matter of just getting onboarded, but hey, technically i was listed as having a job there
    But in case you are wondering if i ever worked for Ellis, no i didnt. If i ever got money from him? no never

  • @hostaris said:

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

    I see. Well, i'm not going to push further on this but in any case simplifying complicated things might not be the best idea if those simplifications lead to vastly different outcomes in different situations.

  • ArgonManArgonMan Member

    @totally_not_banned said:

    @hostaris said:

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

    I see. Well, i'm not going to push further on this but in any case simplifying complicated things might not be the best idea if those simplifications lead to vastly different outcomes in different situations.

    Im well aware, but explaining this would take you down a spiral of lore starting from the 24th of September 2023 to mid may 2024. And it involves a lot of private information that i don't want to release on LET no less

  • edited May 27

    @ArgonMan said:

    @hostaris said:

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

    This is mainly why i put myself as working at hypere. On one side, i thought it was a matter of just getting onboarded, but hey, technically i was listed as having a job there
    But in case you are wondering if i ever worked for Ellis, no i didnt. If i ever got money from him? no never

    Seriously, you might want to think those answers through beforehand and then stick with them. The first answer was OK-ish but extending it to "never having worked for the guy" while previously stating to "have quit" just paints more question marks again. Like i've said i'm not going to push further. It's just a friendly suggestion.

  • ArgonManArgonMan Member

    @totally_not_banned said:

    @ArgonMan said:

    @hostaris said:

    @totally_not_banned said:


    @ArgonMan said in https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/195015/hostaris-general-thread/p1:
    the only reason why I listed myself working there was because I was supposed to start a DC tech job but never did

    So did or did you not work for Hypere after all? Your statements in this regard are all over the place...

    It's... complicated.
    I considered myself already hired, it was a matter of getting onboarded
    So it's very hard to explain. On one side, yes i technically worked there, on the other side i never stepped foot in a dc or got money from Ellis so it's just a state of limbo

    This is mainly why i put myself as working at hypere. On one side, i thought it was a matter of just getting onboarded, but hey, technically i was listed as having a job there
    But in case you are wondering if i ever worked for Ellis, no i didnt. If i ever got money from him? no never

    Seriously, you might want to think those answers through beforehand and then stick with them. The first answer was OK-ish but extending it to "never having worked for the guy" while previously stating to "have quit" just paints more question marks again. Like i've said i'm not going to push further. It's just a friendly suggestion.

    esl gang rise up
    What i meant is: Strictly speaking, by the definition of the word, i was employed at hypere
    However, in reality, i never set foot in his dc and never got money

  • emghemgh Member

    Why were you not honest about buying it, and tried to make it sound like they hired you?

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 28

    Here, let me try.

    Some questions from me, @ArgonMan.

    1. Is Hostaris solely owned by you now?
    2. Does Ellis, or anyone else have access to anything Hostaris related, other than you?
    Thanked by 1adly
  • ArgonManArgonMan Member

    @DP said:
    Here, let me try.

    Some questions from me, @ArgonMan.

    1. Is Hostaris solely owned by you now?

    Yes, and I have been the only owner since the 24/05/2024

    1. Does Ellis, or anyone else have access to anything Hostaris related, other than you?

    I am still getting all the logins, I'm waiting for some from Ellis and Josh. I have all the passwords to billing portals and everything I need to run the business. I also have accesses to some social media platforms, to which I am changing the logins. All the passwords to social media outlets will be changed today.

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 28

    @ArgonMan said: I am still getting all the logins, I'm waiting for some from Ellis and Josh.

    Reading your response to the question from @malignify:

    @malignify said: So does Ellis have anything tied with Hostaris now?

    Your answer was:

    @ArgonMan said: Not in the least. He sold me the business on the 24th May 2024.
    We are trying to get some servers and hardware from him, but he has zero say, control, or access to anything hostaris related

    So post 24th May, who has access to the @hostaris account here on LowEndTalk?

  • hostarishostaris Member

    @DP said:

    @ArgonMan said: I am still getting all the logins, I'm waiting for some from Ellis and Josh.

    So post 24th May, who has access to the @hostaris account here on LowEndTalk?

    After the 24th untill today, Josh and Ellis had access to this account, but I have changed the passwords on all the accounts today, so they don't have it anymore.
    I am still securing everything, but i would like to ask for a bit of patience since both Josh and Ellis are being very slow at providing the remaining logins.

    I'm working with them ensure I'm aware of all the aspects of the business, I'll update the LET community when everything is in my possession for full transparency

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    @hostaris said:

    @DP said:

    @ArgonMan said: I am still getting all the logins, I'm waiting for some from Ellis and Josh.

    So post 24th May, who has access to the @hostaris account here on LowEndTalk?

    After the 24th untill today, Josh and Ellis had access to this account, but I have changed the passwords on all the accounts today, so they don't have it anymore.
    I am still securing everything, but i would like to ask for a bit of patience since both Josh and Ellis are being very slow at providing the remaining logins.

    I'm working with them ensure I'm aware of all the aspects of the business, I'll update the LET community when everything is in my possession for full transparency

    So only today, after my comment, you decided to change the password, when all this while you claim that the business was sold to you, being the sole owner and Ellis/Hypere has nothing to do with Hostaris?

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    if the words don't add up, it's often because the truth wasn't included in the equation.

    @hostaris' provider tag has been temporarily revoked, pending further investigation and review.

  • hostarishostaris Member

    @DP said:

    @hostaris said:

    @DP said:

    @ArgonMan said: I am still getting all the logins, I'm waiting for some from Ellis and Josh.

    So post 24th May, who has access to the @hostaris account here on LowEndTalk?

    After the 24th untill today, Josh and Ellis had access to this account, but I have changed the passwords on all the accounts today, so they don't have it anymore.
    I am still securing everything, but i would like to ask for a bit of patience since both Josh and Ellis are being very slow at providing the remaining logins.

    I'm working with them ensure I'm aware of all the aspects of the business, I'll update the LET community when everything is in my possession for full transparency

    So only today, after my comment, you decided to change the password, when all this while you claim that the business was sold to you, being the sole owner and Ellis/Hypere has nothing to do with Hostaris?

    Well yeah, after your comment I remembered I didnt change the password on LET
    On everywhere else the passwords are changed
    Unless I missed some but I don't think so

  • lirrrlirrr Member

    this speedrun got bad start, might consider reset and review your strats then start again

    Thanked by 1sgno1
  • @DP said:
    if the words don't add up, it's often because the truth wasn't included in the equation.

    @hostaris' provider tag has been temporarily revoked, pending further investigation and review.

    Its not Josh to Alex, but Josh to Jimmy Bob. Me. The one and only Jimbob of Cairo Ohio (new town we're forming on the sewage discharge foaming mouth of a sewer pipe in SW Ohio(Did i mention this was funded on crypto? if it didnt, buy my NFT here)).
    Can i ahve my provider tag? If i cant supply you a VPS for the term thats subscribed, i will scoop you some ohio river scent charms. Hand scooped. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.