Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostaris | Under new management - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostaris | Under new management

Comments

• @joshm said:

@emgh said:
    He didn't provide the website files??

Since you talked about a panel, do you just mean the frontend?

If so, maybe point the DNS back, hope it's still up and rip it?

They asked for said files at 00:30AM today, and thought I was an owl.

Chargebacks/Refunds are not coming back to us either... I'm not sure where that information came from.

If Hostaris was sold, how come they have to ask you for the files?

By the way, while i somewhat understand your situation, selling your customers out to this Ellis guy isn't exactly that great of a move in my opinion.

• joshmjoshm Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@joshm said: manpower

Out of curiosity, how big is his team?

At the very least, 5. This is who I thought I was selling to, so I'm not sure what the organisational structure looks like now.

• @totally_not_banned said: By the way, while i somewhat understand your situation, selling your customers out to this Ellis guy isn't exactly that great of a move in my opinion.

You're absolutely right. Had he reached out to the forum and other providers, I'm sure other reputable and trustworthy providers would be interested in acquiring the business.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @joshm said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@joshm said: manpower

Out of curiosity, how big is his team?

At the very least, 5. This is who I thought I was selling to, so I'm not sure what the organisational structure looks like now.

Do you know who the 5 are?

• joshmjoshm Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@joshm said:

@emgh said:

Chargebacks/Refunds are not coming back to us either... I'm not sure where that information came from.

If Hostaris was sold, how come they have to ask you for the files?

By the way, while i somewhat understand your situation, selling your customers out to this Ellis guy isn't exactly that great of a move in my opinion.

While most aspects of the company have been given over to the new team there were still a few minor things left aside while they worked on bigger issues such as the domain names. This included the landing page and a few other small logins for things like TP and serverhunter etc...

I do understand your point, and as a matter of fact I did find out post sale that if I had asked around, some would've been happy to take it on; for less money, yeah - but we would've avoided this whole saga of shit.

I'm still a young guy and I know the attitude towards young entrepreneurs here isn't amazing, but I'm not exactly a flawless man of business.

• hsrhsr Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@joshm said:

@emgh said:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3964096/#Comment_3964096

Presumably, by old owners he means Ellis.

• emghemgh Member

Other accounts dosen't mean other company, it'll still be Hostaris debt..

• cybertechcybertech Member

so just to get things straight, where are chargebacks going to?

• joshmjoshm Member

@cybertech said:
    so just to get things straight, where are chargebacks going to?

Not me, that's for sure.

• apricotwtfapricotwtf Member
    edited June 6

@hostaris said: As many of you know, we have recently changed ownership, from Josh to Alex.

Incorrect. Ellis Woollard still holds some sort of ownership in the company, he has access to all of the staff channels in the Hostaris Discord Server.

Nice try Ellis, lol.

@hostaris / @ArgonMan please explain why Ellis has access to the channels in question.

• kaitkait Member

@apricotwtf said: Nice try Ellis, lol.

Liar liar, pants on fire. Ellis can't stop touching kids hosting companies can he.

• Me and a few others have just been banned from the discord server for questioning it
    100% it is Ellis

Thanked by 1emgh
  • kaitkait Member

@notdennis said:
    Me and a few others have just been banned from the discord server for questioning it
    100% it is Ellis

Yeah, kids being kids.

• kheng86kheng86 Member

Any official statement why OP is banned?

• edited June 12

@kheng86 said:
    Any official statement why OP is banned?

Kinda obvious, isn't it? The provider seemingly can't manage to lose its connection to this Ellis guy even after supposedly being sold to a third party supposedly not interested in maintaining any relationship with him. It's either basically fronting or kids not capable of running a reliable business (as that would include staying very, very far away from that guy...).

• emghemgh Member

I strongly dislike Ellis

• @apricotwtf said: Incorrect. Ellis Woollard still holds some sort of ownership in the company, he has access to all of the staff channels in the Hostaris Discord Server.

And it now seems that ellis has full ownership in the company?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14630388/officers
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14630388/persons-with-significant-control

Ellis ellis ellis.......

Thanked by 2kat105 emgh
  • Damn, @hostaris banned? What did I missed?

• xvpsxvps Member

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Damn, @hostaris banned? What did I missed?

@hostaris = @Hypere

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:

@ArgonMan should be banned too.

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:

Your uptime downtime exceeded expectations of 3H24M in a single 24 hours.

• emghemgh Member

They finally banned Hypere too! (Might have just missed if it was before)

• New topic please. Hostaris | Under new management | Led by scammer.

• kamzywkamzyw Member

I was given a timeout and had all of my messages deleted after asking why "highavailability" was publicly making accusations (without proof) against Josh, such as charging a customer a "significant ammount of money and paying it out to his own bank account".

Upon asking for proof they made excuses as to why he couldn't provide proof for 4 of 5 allegations made. After I said it makes no sense to speak about these on discord when they are going to take "legal action", he deleted all of the messages and said "what whwre did m messages go".

It seems like they are just trying to hide any sort of criticism currently to keep the ship afloat, while being unprofessional and speaking about private affairs in a public Discord server.

They also posted these allegations while Josh was banned from the discord, and therefore unable to defend himself from the false information.

• kamzywkamzyw Member

@YouHostingUS said:
    And it now seems that ellis has full ownership in the company?

Someone posted this and then was instantly banned from the discord.

• @ArgonMan so where does chargebacks go to?

• emghemgh Member

@cybertech said:
    @ArgonMan so where does chargebacks go to?

wtf, those ain't my chargebacks

• @cybertech said:
    @ArgonMan so where does chargebacks go to?

They goto me. And they go back to ArgonMan

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member

Lowenddrama

• kaitkait Member

@ArgonMan why do you lie so much?