Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostaris | Under new management - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostaris | Under new management

Comments

• @CheepCluck said:

@DP said:
    if the words don't add up, it's often because the truth wasn't included in the equation.

@hostaris' provider tag has been temporarily revoked, pending further investigation and review.

Its not Josh to Alex, but Josh to Jimmy Bob. Me. The one and only Jimbob of Cairo Ohio (new town we're forming on the sewage discharge foaming mouth of a sewer pipe in SW Ohio(Did i mention this was funded on crypto? if it didnt, buy my NFT here)).
    Can i ahve my provider tag? If i cant supply you a VPS for the term thats subscribed, i will scoop you some ohio river scent charms. Hand scooped. :)

With a city like this i think it's pretty safe that the local retard will turn into a mutated monster (because someone forces him to drink from the pipe) and start decapitating bad guys with his mop while wearing a pink tutu.

• ican see why you're tortilla not banned. Pretty smert fella. But you seem like an investor type.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 28

@DP might wanna press on re. this too:

@emgh said:
    Why were you not honest about buying it, and tried to make it sound like they hired you?

I've asked this more times than I can remember and he always ignores it. He made a thread basically announcing a straight up lie.

• @emgh said:
    @DP might wanna press on about this too:

@emgh said:
    Why were you not honest about buying it, and tried to make it sound like they hired you?

I've asked this more times than I can remember and he always ignores it. He made a thread basically announcing a straight up lie.

You asked for nothin yer a freeloader.
    @hostaris you owe me a beer. asshole.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 28

@emgh said:
    @DP might wanna press on re. this too:

@emgh said:

he wanted to be humble.

that is until he got found out he's the boss.

Thanked by 2emgh adly
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@hostaris said: I am still securing everything

Personally I'd like to know what they still have access to after you buying the company? Servers? Accounts? etc etc?

• malignifymalignify Member

Liars+Scammers=Hostaris :D

Thanked by 1kait

@iKeyZ said:

Personally I'd like to know what they still have access to after you buying the company? Servers? Accounts? etc etc?

Ellis had access up until @dp brought it up. He went on days not using the hostaris account(coz maybe was Ellis using it) and today he thought he would just change its password because they got caught :D

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

Ellis had access up until @dp brought it up. He went on days not using the hostaris account(coz maybe was Ellis using it) and today he thought he would just change its password because they got caught :D

Yes I mean as well as the LET account - it seems there's other things that Ellis hasn't handed over yet, that haven't been defined yet.

@iKeyZ said:

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

Yes I mean as well as the LET account - it seems there's other things that Ellis hasn't handed over yet, that haven't been defined yet.

He's just the 'Operations Manager'. Nothing needs to be handover :D

Thanked by 3iKeyZ emgh adly
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 28

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

Lmao

I like to forgive bad decisions etc, no host started out perfect, the only thing I feel should be 100 % expected is honesty. I don’t exactly remember the recent MXRoute backup downtime thing, but I do remember @jar admitting one or several mistakes and almost everyone appreciated the honesty.

Point is, I can’t realistically believe that the purpose of the first thread wasn’t to play word games to make the whole thing seem completely different. Make mistakes, sure, but don’t mislead potential clients in a marketing effort..

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said:

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

@malignify said:

@iKeyZ said:

Lmao

I like to forgive bad decisions etc, no host started out perfect, the only thing I feel should be 100 % expected is honesty. I don’t exactly remember the recent MXRoute backup downtime thing, but I do remember @jar admitting one or several mistakes and almost everyone appreciated the honesty.

Point is, I can’t realistically believe that the purpose of the first thread wasn’t to play word games to make the whole thing seem as a completely different thing. Make mistakes, sure, but don’t mislead potential clients in a marketing effort..

This 100% same happened with the cloudie databreach, he didn't want to admit the database was stolen while it clearly was. He got shit on because he wasn't honest.

Thanked by 2emgh fluffernutter
  • gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member

Honesty is important

Thanked by 2emgh kait
  • ziditzidit Member

I am old custormer of hostaris.

Now hostaris.com is inaccessible. All server seems down

I do not receive any refund so how to request it. What is your billing system url??

• kvz12kvz12 Member

@zidit said:

I do not receive any refund so how to request it. What is your billing system url??

Just chargeback

• hostarishostaris Member

@zidit said:

We have updated time and time again, and we have said here, that we are going to switch to a new billing system, WHMCS. Because currently billing is just an SL database

Also we are aware of the website being down, we are working on getting it up. If you have any issues, please open a ticket instead of publicly venting on a forum. We can't help you this way because we have too little information

• emghemgh Member

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

We have updated time and time again, and we have said here, that we are going to switch to a new billing system, WHMCS. Because currently billing is just an SL database

Also we are aware of the website being down, we are working on getting it up. If you have any issues, please open a ticket instead of publicly venting on a forum. We can't help you this way because we have too little information

😂

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

If you think I'm joking I'm actually serious. The old system was just an SQL database. No panel, no nothing, just a db with all payment infos

Thanked by 1emgh
  • edited May 29

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

If you think I'm joking I'm actually serious. The old system was just an SQL database. No panel, no nothing, just a db with all payment infos

Sucks that we won't be getting any trustworthy background information. I'd actually somewhat root for you given the proportions of the uphill battle you are facing are pretty much off the charts but guys like that Ellis person have a tendency to always creep back and i sure as hell don't want to accidentally support him.

Thanked by 2emgh Marx
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 29

@totally_not_banned said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

Sucks that we won't be getting any trustworthy background information. I'd actually somewhat root for you given the proportions of the uphill battle you are facing are pretty much off the charts but guys like that Ellis person have a tendency to always creep back and i sure as hell don't want to accidentally support him.

Meh, as long as he promises to stop scamming people out of their savings I don't see an issue. I can take responsibility to wag my finger at him.

• @emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

Meh, as long as he promises to stop scamming people out of their savings I don't see an issue. I can take responsibility to wag my finger at him.

If my memory serves me right, he's a teenager. If you're scamming at that age, they won't just stop. They move on to the next and continue scamming someone else.

• edited May 29

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

Meh, as long as he promises to stop scamming people out of their savings I don't see an issue.

He = Ellis or he = OP? For this Ellis dude i see very little hope when i think for example of those "Thanks for the payment" screenshots but OP really doesn't seem like much of a schemer. Maybe hiding some info here or there for this or that reason and somewhat naive/overstrained but not a schemer. The problem lies mostly in the last part and the fact that i feel he might get sucked in again.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 29

@Maelstrom36 said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

If my memory serves me right, he's a teenager. If you're scamming at that age, they won't just stop. They move on to the next and continue scamming someone else.

Yup. I honestly don't find him ending up behind bars that unlikely. Or with a bunch of debt from some civil case.

At some point, he will scam the wrong person. If he scammed me, and I was living in the UK, I'd 100 % proceed the civil route. At some point, someone he scams will likely feel the same way.

• emghemgh Member

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

Meh, as long as he promises to stop scamming people out of their savings I don't see an issue.

He = Ellis or he = OP? For this Ellis dude i see very little hope when i think for example of those "Thanks for the payment" screenshots but OP really doesn't seem like much of a schemer. Maybe hiding some info here or there for this or that reason and somewhat naive but not a schemer. The problem lies mostly in the last part and the fact that i feel he might get sucked in again.

I agree 100 %. I meant Ellis.

@emgh said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

He = Ellis or he = OP? For this Ellis dude i see very little hope when i think for example of those "Thanks for the payment" screenshots but OP really doesn't seem like much of a schemer. Maybe hiding some info here or there for this or that reason and somewhat naive but not a schemer. The problem lies mostly in the last part and the fact that i feel he might get sucked in again.

I agree as well
    I'd have an AMA but I feel like this forum has already made up their mind by removing my selling rights. Boo hoo, I forgot to change a password on an account of a community Ellis despises.

• emghemgh Member

@hostaris said: a community Ellis despises

Nah, he keeps coming back to scam. That's what he's doing here. Nothing to despise from his side.

Most of this forum's members, on the other hand, very much despise Ellis as a person.

• @emgh said:

Nah, he keeps coming back to scam. That's what he's doing here. Nothing to despise from his side.

Most of this forum's members, on the other hand, very much despise Ellis as a person.

According to what I've read on some of these threads about Hostaris and their new management, in the eyes of the forum, you're a suspected puppet for Ellis, who happens to be a scammer. This is also taking into account your ties and your recent employment under him.

• emghemgh Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@emgh said:

According to what I've read on some of these threads about Hostaris and their new management, in the eyes of the forum, you're a suspected puppet for Ellis, who happens to be a scammer. This is also taking into account your ties and your recent employment under him.

Jut to make it clear for everyone else, he obviously mean @hostaris / @ArgonMan and not me :D

• edited May 29

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@emgh said:

@hostaris said:

@zidit said:

😂

I agree as well
    I'd have an AMA but I feel like this forum has already made up their mind by removing my selling rights. Boo hoo, I forgot to change a password on an account of a community Ellis despises.

Maybe you should get in touch with the admins and share a bit of that stuff you don't want out in public (assuming you weren't already informed of a final decision). While i obviously can't vouch for everyone involved (i probably don't even know each person that is) i'd say the admins are pretty trustworthy.

Just an idea but given you are a business owner now it seems like it might be time to fill that role and do some formal representation of your company. Not some Discord style chit chat but a serious, well thought out and clear appeal. Make a plan and try to understand them a little too. If things go sideways they are sure to get shit over allowing you to stay active, so give them some kind of reassurance that this won't happen.

• @emgh said: Jut to make it clear for everyone else, he obviously mean @hostaris / @ArgonMan and not me :D

Yes, sorry about that :)

Thanked by 1emgh