Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

I thought you were going to find me? I’ve been looking over my 6ix?

• @SirFoxy said:

Can you stop derailing the fucking thread? Or don't you think you've written enough? Grow the fuck up

Thanked by 5Kris ahnlak Lee kait bench
  • KrisKris Member

Quick question.

What happened in your life that made you an arrogant prick with no friends recently?

You used to write somewhat interesting articles, but recently... you've just been the saddest motherfucker on LET.

Few posts ago you told someone you're too cool for LET and then ran back in.

Do you have any friends, family, or perhaps... maybe an OnlyFans you can get?

You're constantly angry, it was a total bitch move to post what Fran sent you, and I'm truly wondering... what's wrong?

Have you lost a loved one, lose a girlfriend? Whatever it is you need a good amount of therapy.

It seems the only purpose you came into this thread was to derail a new company. After a few ignored replies, you went full asshole and posted a convo between you and Fran.

Why do you hate so many people, and seem intent on only coming back here to enrage and start fights. Did Jon not hire you for more articles?

Honestly wondering at this point because you need help, and a basic understanding of US corporation and tax structure.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@luissousa said:

@SirFoxy said:

Can you stop derailing the fucking thread? Or don't you think you've written enough? Grow the fuck up

Not a biased fanboy btw

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @SirFoxy said:

@luissousa said:

@SirFoxy said:

Not a biased fanboy btw

I'm a supporter, but sure, if that's how you 10 year olds call it nowadays. Now go get help

Thanked by 1Lee
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited March 8

@SirFoxy said:

@luissousa said:

@SirFoxy said:

Not a biased fanboy btw

@SirFoxy said:
    Yea, aight. That’s enough copium on LowEndTalk for me. I’m logging back off nerd.

What happened

Thanked by 3SirFoxy emgh Lee
  • _MS__MS_ Member

SirFoxy wasn't the only person who knew about this.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/five-tech-predictions-for-2024/

One of our community’s most famous hosts will announce they’ve been sold. Care to guess who?

But, the host didn't get the chance to announce it themselves.

• neverainneverain Member

This forum's business etiquette and responses to incidents is confusing. If this was some other provider, you would be at their throats for not letting the clients know that it has been sold (especially if the buyer was a shady company)

I have been a customer for a few years now with buyvm, but ill be switching to some other provider because i dont want my data with someone that hosts "sanctioned Israeli spyware vendor whose tools are known to target civilians"

You know how bad you have to be to get sanctioned by the US as an Israeli company?

• dosaidosai Member

MS said:
    SirFoxy wasn't the only person who knew about this.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/five-tech-predictions-for-2024/

One of our community’s most famous hosts will announce they’ve been sold. Care to guess who?

But, the host didn't get the chance to announce it themselves.

Foxy must have shared the screenshot with raindog after his conversation with Francisco.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@neverain said:
    This forum's business etiquette and responses to incidents is confusing. If this was some other provider, you would be at their throats for not letting the clients know that it has been sold (especially if the buyer was a shady company)

I have been a customer for a few years now with buyvm, but ill be switching to some other provider because i dont want my data with someone that hosts "sanctioned Israeli spyware vendor whose tools are known to target civilians"

You know how bad you have to be to get sanctioned by the US as an Israeli company?

If this is all true, I have to agree. If it is the case, I'll be moving from them which is a shame as they've been solid up until now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 8

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Putting aside the deal, I'm also interested to hear what @Francisco has to say about this information 'leaking'.

My brother in crane,

Foxy

Yeah, that's foxy for ya', oh well :) I was hoping ignoring him he'd not cause drama, but this is LET after all.

Cloudzy Articles

You'll find similar articles trying to paint BuyVM in a bad light too. Cloudzy has rented IP space from us since BuyVM first started basically and they've always handled complaints quickly. They're just hating on him for his nationality. He's a genuinely kind guy that just wants to run his company and be left alone.

I've known the owner of Clouzdy since before BuyVM was a thing, back when we were still doing Ragnarok Onine hosting in Portland.

BuyVM

Yes, he's interested in BuyVM, and He'd be a good owner to it too. He's close to my beliefs in most things, and even a bit more so given where he's grown up. The guys seen some shit.
    There was a deal agreed to but as of now the part for the VPS side so He can plan things out logistically. Will he buy it? I'm sure in time. But, anyone wanting to buy us would be keeping everyone onboard for years to at least guide things plan wise, location wise, feature wise, and franning wise.

He has the team to push BuyVM to more locations, features, and offerings. I'm simply way too burnt out to do that on my own. Remember, BuyVM is just 4 of us now that Karen is full time Crane.

Cloudzy is actively RTO'ing a lot of our IP space though, colocates with us in all of our locations, and in exchange he lets us colocate with him in the UK (basically to let us see if it's a viable location for Crane). We intended to colocate in his SG location that he just opened and have that as day 1 launch location. I didn't like datacenter though.

What about Crane

I'm not the full owner of NameCrane. Both Karen & Mike own large shares in the company and also do much of the work. Some BuyVM workers are also helping over there for support.

Minus all the initial launch work (building, racking, coding a lot of WHMCS hooks), they'll handle much of the work for the brand, letting me catch by breath some.

Personal

I've been doing this for over 10+ years and put my whole life on pause to do it. I didn't date anyone, I just worked, got fat from eating too much candy. Thankfully keto helped me drop 40 pounds. I only recently, as of February 24th, got married. Yes, I used a toy lego crane to propose to her, i'll find the photos later :P

Francisco

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Thanks for the update @Francisco it's helpful knowing a bit more detail!

@Francisco said: There was a deal agreed to but as of now the part for the VPS side so He can plan things out logistically. Will he buy it? I'm sure in time.

Is there still a deal in-place for this part (for the VPS side) for down the road?

@iKeyZ said: Is there still a deal in-place for this part (for the VPS side) for down the road?

No new ink yet. What we came up with last time is still a pretty good layout, but again, they want time to get their own house in order given the amount of locations they're deploying.

I know their staff very well at this point and they're awesome to work with. They give me no grief and just want to learn. Rarely do I have to repeat myself.

Francisco

Thanked by 3iKeyZ _MS_ Bastion
  • Can someone make me an resume because I read those and seems to be very complicated to understand tbh.

• TSPTSP Member

All our Best Wishes Always for Grand Success and Super Growth to Team #frantech and #NameCrane

• dont blame the candy!

• Maelstrom36Maelstrom36 Member
    edited March 8

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Can someone make me an resume because I read those and seems to be very complicated to understand tbh.

What I understood so far was that there was a deal or offer but has not been inked yet. BuyShared, or NameCrane now, has been separated and isn't part of the deal for BuyVM.

@Maelstrom36 said: What I understood so far, there was a deal or offer but has not been inked yet. BuyShared, or NameCrane now, has been separated and isn't part of the deal for BuyVM.

We announced literally 1 1/2 years ago that we were going to split BuyShared off to Namecrane, that isn't a 'new' thing. We realized early into the Namecrane planning that it was for the best.

Francisco

• matey0matey0 Member

@Francisco said: He's close to my beliefs in most things, and even a bit more so given where he's grown up. The guys seen some shit.

Care to elaborate? Their AUP prohibits Tor exit nodes and even torrent clients.

• @Francisco said:

@Maelstrom36 said: What I understood so far, there was a deal or offer but has not been inked yet. BuyShared, or NameCrane now, has been separated and isn't part of the deal for BuyVM.

We announced literally 1 1/2 years ago that we were going to split BuyShared off to Namecrane, that isn't a 'new' thing. We realized early into the Namecrane planning that it was for the best.

Francisco

I know. I was just making it obvious that NameCrane is out of the picture about the BuyVM sale.

• shruubshruub Member

Sure has been way too long without some juicy LowEndDrama

edited March 8

@matey0 said: Care to elaborate? Their AUP prohibits Tor exit nodes and even torrent clients.

They limit how much bandwidth they allocate on their plans though. Until recently they were on datacenter IP's or IPXO so abuse complaints would cause them issues.

We push like 15Gbit+ globally over 4 locations just in TOR, probably more these days. When you're buying the datacenters blend, that gets very expensive :)

He's fine with TOR, and his staff praise BuyVM for being a big supporter of it.

Francisco

Thanked by 2matey0 emgh
  • shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:
    Yes, I used a toy lego crane to propose to her, i'll find the photos later :P

That is amazingly cool.

@shruub said: That is amazingly cool.

You need to get out more my friend. I legit couldnt' think of a better idea at the time that wasn't super cliche (restaurant, etc). Jarland told me about how he proposed to his wife and I laughed my ass off.

Anyway, here you go.

Backstory:

They gave me a diamond bracelet for free along with the ring. A few days prior I had built this lego kit that I got for Christmas the year prior. In the middle of the night on Christmas Eve I woke up, put it out by the tree, and hung the bracelet in that box as bait.

As she was getting it out of the box she turned around and I proposed.

Francisco

• matey0matey0 Member

@Francisco said: They gave me a diamond bracelet for free along with the ring. A few days prior I had built this lego kit that I got for Christmas the year prior. In the middle of the night on Christmas Eve I woke up, put it out by the tree, and hung the bracelet in that box as bait.

Cute :)
    Congratulations on getting married

• _MS__MS_ Member

@Francisco said:

@shruub said: That is amazingly cool.

You need to get out more my friend. I legit couldnt' think of a better idea at the time that wasn't super cliche (restaurant, etc). Jarland told me about how he proposed to his wife and I laughed my ass off.

Anyway, here you go.

Backstory:

They gave me a diamond bracelet for free along with the ring. A few days prior I had built this lego kit that I got for Christmas the year prior. In the middle of the night on Christmas Eve I woke up, put it out by the tree, and hung the bracelet in that box as bait.

Francisco

LowEndCupid.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 8

Don’t switch from BuyVM because of its possible sale, but, be alert to any negative changes, and, if you can attribute them to new ownership, let the new owners know, and if they can’t live up to your demands, then leave if you can be served better elsewhere. Do what’s best for you and your business, you don’t owe BuyVM anything.

Just like Fran dosen’t owe you anything. He never promised he’d never sell his company. Most sole founders plan to sell their company, when they don’t, it’s often because they can’t, not because they wouldn’t. It’s very taxing to run a business, if your plan is to just keep at it forever, that’s no plan.

@Francisco congrats on getting married!

Thanked by 2ahnlak Lee
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 8

@Francisco although, we’ll see how much rest you’re getting.. no matter what you’re outsourcing and plan on outsourcing over at NameCrane, you’re still launching a registrar :D

• LeeLee Veteran

This isn’t really working out the way @SirFoxy hoped it would I suspect.

Thanked by 1kait
    edited March 8

@emgh said: @Francisco although, we’ll see how much rest you’re getting.. no matter what you’re outsourcing and plan on outsourcing over at NameCrane, you’re still launching a registrar

Thankfully Mike's been handling a lot of the domain side. He's been handling all the content writing and is quickly learning the support side.

I don't know how many domains we sell in the end. Maybe we only sell a few thousand, maybe we sell 100's of thousands. Hard to compete with 'at cost' registrar's, my name only carries so far.

@Francisco congrats on getting married!

Thanks friend.

Francisco

Thanked by 1emgh