Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

1121314151618»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@Francisco said:

@Turbo_Pascal said:

@Francisco said: We've hired Lagom to do branding & a whole new design for Namecrane

I was curious about Lagom but there are several web sites that go by that name. Any hints?

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/services/#design-services

:)

Francisco

Why did you choose Lagom?

We're already using their site builder and Mike wants the ability to easily build new pages and content.

They'll integrate a new site fully into it as well as get our WHMCS looking clean too.

They do nice work too.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • is lagom also recommended for wordpress design customisations or is that not their speciality

@hyperblast said: is lagom also recommended for wordpress design customisations or is that not their speciality

I have no idea, we aren't using lagom.

They're not cheap, starting price is like $10,000.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: is lagom also recommended for wordpress design customisations or is that not their speciality

Francisco

Time is money.

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Time is money.

and money is cash!

• JosephFJosephF Member

@hyperblast said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Time is money.

and money is cash!

and cash is king.

@COLBYLICIOUS said: Time is money.

I misspoke. We're not using wordpress. The logo they did is great, I can't wait to see how the rest of the site goes.

Francisco

Thanked by 1lukast__
  • @Francisco said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said: Time is money.

I misspoke. We're not using wordpress. The logo they did is great, I can't wait to see how the rest of the site goes.

Francisco

and the logo costs 10.000$ woohoo!

@hyperblast said: and the logo costs 10.000$ woohoo!

No, logo + branding was $1500 :)

I think all in it'll be around $10,000, depending on how many revisions we request.

Francisco

• shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:

@hyperblast said: and the logo costs 10.000$ woohoo!

No, logo + branding was $1500 :)

I think all in it'll be around $10,000, depending on how many revisions we request.

Francisco

Leave Invoice number for extra logo bandwidth??

@shruub said: Leave Invoice number for extra logo bandwidth??

We'll see what the new rules say, but we have some ideas we think people will like.

Francisco

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

We've re-enabled the (correctly functioning) PayPal Billing Agreements module after dealing with PayPal support for the last couple weeks.

If you want automatic payments via PayPal, login to your account and under the 'Billing' menu item select 'Manage PayPal Billing', then 'Create New Agreement'.

If you've used PayPal with us in the last 2 months, unfortunately you will need to login and set this up again. We're completely pulling out the old system because it never worked well.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Which billing system is that?

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@NameCrane said:
    We've re-enabled the (correctly functioning) PayPal Billing Agreements module after dealing with PayPal support for the last couple weeks.

If you want automatic payments via PayPal, login to your account and under the 'Billing' menu item select 'Manage PayPal Billing', then 'Create New Agreement'.

If you've used PayPal with us in the last 2 months, unfortunately you will need to login and set this up again. We're completely pulling out the old system because it never worked well.

is that a bespoke Module or a a New WHMCS Native one

edited April 27

@apollo15 said:
    Which billing system is that?

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@NameCrane said:

is that a bespoke Module or a a New WHMCS Native one

This is WHMCS with my custom built PayPal billing agreements module. I wrote it for buyvm a few years ago and intended to use it with namecrane from the get go.

We ran into issues with PayPal where they were putting every payment on hold since we went from $0/m for a year to suddenly collecting payments. I had assumed they weren’t liking BAs and moved to the native modules to hopefully resolve things.

That didn’t resolve things though. PayPal finally talked to us to confirm business details which resolved the holds and BAs.

Now things are kosher and we can use this module again.

Francisco

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • hostkarhostkar Member

@Francisco any discount on Crate for lowendpeoples ?? :p

@hostkar said: @Francisco any discount on Crate for lowendpeoples ??

That'd be on @NameCrane to decide :) I have no say on marketing/promotions at Crane. My main focus is coding, network, hardware.

Speaking of coding, we're finishing up our self-serve cPanel->DirectAdmin importer, which expands on the cPanel->cPanel self-serve importer we launched a few weeks ago.

Basically, you can feed it a remote cPanel shared or Reseller account. It'll then pull backups, convert, & import.

A few bugs to iron out but I think it'll go live later today.

Francisco

Thanked by 1shileno