Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

@hostkar said:
    @NameCrane any update of Singapore Crate or Reseller ?

Plans for an APAC location are longer term. We own all of our IPs, servers & network hardware, etc - so a new location is a pretty sizable investment. I'm confident we'll have one in the future, but I can't put a date on it - not even a ballpark right now, tbh.

@cmeerw said:
    Usual question - do you support IPv6?

Yes. The plan is to include it by default in future, but there are a number of quirks with the default v6 implementation for cPanel/DA - so need to build some custom hooks in for deployment.

You can open a ticket to request v6 and we'll add it manually. This can be done quickly in Vegas & Luxembourg right now, but London and NYC still need some new blocks announced and whatnot - so probably a slight delay on those.

• @NameCrane Are you going to apply for a Host Rep tag?

@Weblogics said:
    @NameCrane Are you going to apply for a Host Rep tag?

👀

Thanked by 1Lee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@NameCrane said: Yes. The plan is to include it by default in future, but there are a number of quirks with the default v6 implementation for cPanel/DA - so need to build some custom hooks in for deployment.

You can open a ticket to request v6 and we'll add it manually. This can be done quickly in Vegas & Luxembourg right now, but London and NYC still need some new blocks announced and whatnot - so probably a slight delay on those.

Yeah cPanel is a bit odd in V6 handling. I'll need to think it out some. DA is also a bit weird.

Neither of them handle V6 at provision time from what I can tell. cPanel for sure doesn't.

Francisco

• ChalipaChalipa Member

Not trying to be negative here... I love Buyvm/BuyShared and whatever @Francisco offers, he's a true gentleman I have been a customer since 2016... I hope we are not going to see people like Aldryic again in his team.

Old customers would remember him and his attitude with almost all customers.

@Chalipa said: I hope we are not going to see people like Aldryic again in his team.

Nope.

Karen won't stand for anymore shithead staffers and will be quick to vote them out if need be.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Chalipa BBTN
  • @Francisco said:
    2) Yes on the new plans. I'll make the legacy 20G's be unlimited addons when I move them up to the 25G plan. I don't want to enable it on the 1G/5G plans as we had a lot of issues with people using them for massive amazon affiliate redirects. We had 1G shared with 2000 - 3000 sub domains which made our httpd.conf's massive and litespeed take a year to restart.

Could you please consider leaving the addon domains number somehow substantial for the "legacy legacy" users of smaller plans?

I.e. for those, who joined before the "5 addon domains" limit introduced in 2019 (IIRC)?
    Those people are time-proven and shouldn't hassle you with mindfuck like the redirects above.

E.g. yours truly added about 100 times less than 2000-3000 domains (do not recall the exact number atm), but that is clearly more than five as well :)

@DataRecovery said: Could you please consider leaving the addon domains number somehow substantial for the "legacy legacy" users of smaller plans?

I.e. for those, who joined before the "5 addon domains" limit introduced in 2019 (IIRC)?

Those people are time-proven and shouldn't hassle you with mindfuck like the redirects above.

E.g. yours truly added about 100 times less than 2000-3000 domains (do not recall the exact number atm), but that is clearly more than five as well

What do you think of the limits on the new DA plans?

cPanel plans will swap into these at no additional cost.

Francisco

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Francisco said:

@DataRecovery said: Could you please consider leaving the addon domains number somehow substantial for the "legacy legacy" users of smaller plans?

E.g. yours truly added about 100 times less than 2000-3000 domains (do not recall the exact number atm), but that is clearly more than five as well

What do you think of the limits on the new DA plans?

cPanel plans will swap into these at no additional cost.

Francisco

I'd also like to see a higher add on domains limit on the lower plans. I think the current limitation is a bit too low.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Guys, 6 domains for an $8/year plan shouldn't be low. I mean, you shouldn't be hosting 6 sites/domains on the cheapest possible plan (in terms of price, not quality). I would be fine even with just 2 domains.
    If you get everything in the cheapest plan, why would anyone upgrade?
    Francisco already increased the storage by 400%. Most providers would be raising prices, not resources.

Thanked by 1NameCrane
  • @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @NameCrane is your shared hosting DDoS protected?

You didn't answered to my question.

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @NameCrane is your shared hosting DDoS protected?

You didn't answered to my question.

My apologies, missed that.

We don't advertise DDoS mitigation as a top line feature, but we have remote mitigation available (Path) and big pipes to do our own mitigation as needed.

If you're quite the DDoS risk then obviously we'd recommend using CloudFlare or various other WAFs that offer mitigation, etc.

@JosephF said:

I'd also like to see a higher add on domains limit on the lower plans. I think the current limitation is a bit too low.

We think it strikes a reasonable balance. $8 is the starting point, but for less than double that ($3.75/quarter, $15/yr) you get unlimited domains, 5x the storage, etc.

It's really meant to be a 'starter'-type plan for the average person who wants to host a couple basic websites, handful of emails on their domain, etc.

Thanked by 2JosephF Lee
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 13

@NameCrane said:

@JosephF said:

We think it strikes a reasonable balance. $8 is the starting point, but for less than double that ($3.75/quarter, $15/yr) you get unlimited domains, 5x the storage, etc.

It's really meant to be a 'starter'-type plan for the average person who wants to host a couple basic websites, handful of emails on their domain, etc.

I host a full-fledged Blesta installation on it (original 8 USD plan, with 1 GB storage), and I use about 20 % of storage.

Thanked by 1NameCrane
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@emgh said:

@NameCrane said:

@JosephF said:

I host a full-fledged Blesta installation on it (original 8 USD plan, with 1 GB storage), and I use about 20 % of storage.

What do you use your Blesta for?

• emghemgh Member

@JosephF said:

@emgh said:

@NameCrane said:

@JosephF said:

What do you use your Blesta for?

Sending invoices :D Such a power user

• It would be nice if you would have actually shared migration planning with clients over email, and here, per location.

@packetnext said:
    It would be nice if you would have actually shared migration planning with clients over email, and here, per location.

Can you clarify what you mean by migration planning?

There isn't any further migration work that needs to be done. The existing nodes were upgraded to the new hardware back in September/October. We didn't move any locations, we only added new ones.

The only change that we emailed about last week was the billing panel moving from Frantech to NameCrane.

• Does this mean that some clients will stay under the Frantech AS number and IP space, and not moved to the Namecrane ASN and ip space, as is the case for Las Vegas clients?

If so, why?

@packetnext said:
    Does this mean that some clients will stay under the Frantech AS number and IP space, and not moved to the Namecrane ASN and ip space, as is the case for Las Vegas clients?

If so, why?

LU is the only remaining location that needs the ASN swapped, NameCrane owns and will be keeping the IP space that all clients are currently using there.

• So NameCrane is an BuyShared business but remaked?

• No, Francisco Dias owns the IP's.

193.108.130.0/24

• Good to know that the IP's will stay the name, when will the IP address ownership and ASN be changed?

@packetnext said:
    No, Francisco Dias owns the IP's.

193.108.130.0/24

We've already talked to RIPE about it, a bit involved though.

We'll move that under the Namecrane ASN soon enough.

Francisco

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    So NameCrane is an BuyShared business but remaked?

Correct. Confirmed in the title of this thread:

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

• LeviLevi Member

@jbiloh said:
    The irony and hypocrisy here is really something.

Please elaborate.

• Will we see you add something like Imunify360 in the near future?

@packetnext said: Will we see you add something like Imunify360 in the near future?

Almost all nodes have this already. I think the only node that might not is lv-shared04 as I removed it to pre-test the elevate scripts.

Francisco

• hmm... i am on lu-shared04.cpanelplatform.com

• LeeLee Veteran

@NameCrane

Is there any chance that Crate users can have the option in JetBackup to run just one offsite backup daily?