Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:
    @NameCrane

Is there any chance that Crate users can have the option in JetBackup to run just one offsite backup daily?

Is this a feature Jet allows, if enabled? I've never tested, most of my experience was with pretty old versions.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said: Is this a feature Jet allows, if enabled? I've never tested, most of my experience was with pretty old versions.

It does allow it, to be honest; it's something I personally would only allow for those paying a decent wedge for their service and on request. You really don't want everyone having it and running their own backups to S3 every 5 minutes.

@Lee said: It does allow it, to be honest; it's something I personally would only allow for those paying a decent wedge for their service and on request. You really don't want everyone having it and running their own backups to S3 every 5 minutes.

Neat, i'll test it out. Limiting it to higher tiers is likely best.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

A week in so far, you will not get any better than these new crates. I am on a cPanel crate in the UK; nothing seems to hold these back. Mind you, I do have the 4 Core, 8GB edition, so I have more resources than the usual reseller gives you, but then that is the point of them.

Keep up the excellent work @NameCrane

Thanked by 1NameCrane
    edited March 17

We just finished upgrading all legacy Shared 1G, 5G, & 15G cPanel shared plans.

Shared 1G => Shared 5G
    Shared 5G => Shared 15G
    Shared 20G => Shared 25G

Your price stays the same, there's nothing you need to complete on your end. The resources have already been applied!

IO & IOPS limits have also been removed from all plans/resellers globally.

Francisco

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited March 17

@Francisco said:

Shared 1G => Shared 5G
    Shared 5G => Shared 15G
    Shared 20G => Shared 25G

Your price stays the same, there's nothing you need to complete on your end. The resources have already been applied!

Francisco

Still waiting for an annual/bi/tri discounted initial offer just because I like to buy for the long term :smiley: (and I'm poor)

• @Francisco said:

Shared 1G => Shared 5G
    Shared 5G => Shared 15G
    Shared 20G => Shared 25G

Francisco

the logic of the memory expansion is not clear to me and could be reconsidered if necessary... :)

• emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

Shared 1G => Shared 5G
    Shared 5G => Shared 15G
    Shared 20G => Shared 25G

Francisco

Crazy.. $8 / yr for my now 5 GB cPanel web hosting with a Blesta license included..

Thanked by 1NameCrane

@hyperblast said:

@Francisco said:

Shared 1G => Shared 5G
    Shared 5G => Shared 15G
    Shared 20G => Shared 25G

Francisco

the logic of the memory expansion is not clear to me and could be reconsidered if necessary... :)

The new DA plans include this much storage so we made them 1:1.

Francisco

• twaintwain Member

Sorry didn’t read thru the thread I’m sure it’s been mentioned but will you be an actual registrar or reselling? I currently use namesilo but definitely open to try something new..

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@twain said:
    Sorry didn’t read thru the thread I’m sure it’s been mentioned but will you be an actual registrar or reselling? I currently use namesilo but definitely open to try something new..

Actual Registrar

• JosephFJosephF Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@twain said:

Actual Registrar

Coming Soon™

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

@twain said:

Actual registrar, ICANN-accredited is the target - no reselling.

We've spent a good bit of time/money on the process, but its been delayed a few times.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@NameCrane said:

@twain said:

We've spent a good bit of time/money on the process, but its been delayed a few times.

Is it profitable? CloudFlare, Spaceship, Porkbun, Cosmotown, Sav, etc. are selling domains virtually at wholesale cost. How does one compete when there's almost no markup?

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

@JosephF said:

@NameCrane said:

@twain said:

Is it profitable? CloudFlare, Spaceship, Porkbun, Cosmotown, Sav, etc. are selling domains virtually at wholesale cost. How does one compete when there's almost no markup?

Not particularly, no. Hosting and similar add-on services are what keep the lights on.

It's a passion project and if we can break even on the registrar-related costs we'd consider it a success. We have a number of other hosts that want to be resellers, who we'll sell to at effectively cost, just to give us the volume required to meet the deposit minimums/etc with various registries.

Also quite happy to pay a premium to be our own registrar for the hundreds of domains we own ourselves.

@NameCrane said: Also quite happy to pay a premium to be our own registrar for the hundreds of domains we own ourselves.

I have a dream... where I don't forget to renew buyvm.net/buyshared.net/frantech.ca.

Being our own registrar seems to fix that.

Francisco

• twaintwain Member

@NameCrane said:

@twain said:

Awesome, I think it’s the right overall strategy, and looking forward to it, daughter wanted to register a name for a website and I was looking to try something different than namesilo in any case.

Also, love the consistent/cool naming styles for the products eg, slices/slabs/crates— really good stuff. Wishing continued success!

Thanked by 1NameCrane
  • alt_alt_ Member

That's so cool. Congrats!

• MrLimeMrLime Member

SoonTM

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Levi said:

@jbiloh said:
    The irony and hypocrisy here is really something.

Please elaborate.

I assume it's related to this that comes up every so often

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3467779/#Comment_3467779

• @NameCrane whois protection?

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 18

@hyperblast said:
    @NameCrane whois protection?

Haven't all gTLD domains automatically had all their whois info redacted ever since the EU implemented their GPDR?

• @JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

Haven't all gTLD domains automatically had all their whois info reacted ever since the EU implemented their GPDR?

i guess.
    but does namecrane offer even better data protection?

• shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:

@NameCrane said: Also quite happy to pay a premium to be our own registrar for the hundreds of domains we own ourselves.

I have a dream... where I don't forget to renew buyvm.net/buyshared.net/frantech.ca.

Being our own registrar seems to fix that.

Francisco

I'll give you 10 bucks if do forget to renew these domains.

• shruubshruub Member

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

Haven't all gTLD domains automatically had all their whois info redacted ever since the EU implemented their GPDR?

Most, yeah. 🇺🇲I'd🇺🇲guess🇺🇲there🇺🇲are🇺🇲some🇺🇲exceptions🇺🇲 though.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 18

@shruub said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

.us (and some other ccTLDs) doesn't allow whois protection. Which is why I had specified gTLDs.

• shruubshruub Member

@JosephF said:

@shruub said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

.us (and some other ccTLDs) doesn't allow whois protection. Which is why I had specified gTLDs.

Fair point, I didn't read correctly.

• 4te564te56 Member

Came here for the news and stayed for the ✨ pretty website ✨

...ooooooooo shiny......congrats team!

• seed4useed4u Member

What should be the acceptable reply time for a ticket with support request from such company? for a 15$/month plan ?

@seed4u said: What should be the acceptable reply time for a ticket with support request from such company? for a 15$/month plan ?

Sorry, that's on me.

Mike's still learning the ropes and He's been covering for me while i've been working through replacing mailchannels.

I'll be back on tickets in the next few hours :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1JamesF