Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Chalipa said: It's just rare, to see servers being down for 2hrs+ on your products.

As long as you are in the loop, it's alright (at least for me).

It's def not what we want and that ones on me :) I'll be distro'ing the script later today.

Francisco

• So, basically script will not fix the problem, just work as temp-fix? Real cause unknown.

@moodwriter said: So, basically script will not fix the problem, just work as temp-fix? Real cause unknown.

It's random, but not that often. The ones running Almalinux 8 are less prone to it than the CentOS 7 ones. As of now lv-shared01, lv-shared02, & lu-shared01 are all CentOS 7.

Cloudlinux hasn't released an elevate script for Directadmin yet, but I'm wondering if we could just uninstall Cloudlinux, run the standard elevate scripts, then install CL again. Directadmin compiles most applications anyway, and whatever it doesn't CL pulls in. We could just trigger a rebuild once Elevate is done and that should hopefully get it squared away.

I'll have to test it this week on a dummy node.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Yeah, got an optic overheating, namely the one to HE, so looking into that.

Francisco

Unfortunately, the uptime is not what it used to be before namecrane.

Today, lv-shared02.dapanel.net
    Downtime: 2 hr 37 min
    Noticed at: 2024-04-15 12:11:30 (UTC+00:00)

Sorry, here’s some background.

Lv02 is on centos7 which has been unstable on the 7900s. The hardware isn’t crashing at all, just the VMs are suddenly spiking to 100% cpu and dead locking.

Up until last month I had my phone set to “scream bloody murder” when things go down. This was fine since I would catch things within a few minutes.

Because of issues with one of our providers that I’ll leave unnamed I had disable that for my own sanity and the wife not wanting to stab me multiple times in the middle of the night.

We had enabled watchdog but it doesn’t seem to work properly I’ve already started working on something to auto reboot using a similar idea to watchdog so I’m hoping to push that out later today.

Francisco

AutoBOOT already exists, maybe Dewlance can help you out

@apollo15 said: AutoBOOT already exists, maybe Dewlance can help you out

<3

Francisco

• p.s. For some reason ping to Lux nodes is about 169ms from my home location right now (it was not that high when I tested maybe week ago). I think I will choose UK location then - 52ms ping atm.

@moodwriter said: p.s. For some reason ping to Lux nodes is about 169ms from my home location right now (it was not that high when I tested maybe week ago). I think I will choose UK location then - 52ms ping atm.

Which country are you in?

169ms would be west coast US coming to LUX.

Francisco

• Ups, sorry, just realised LUX is usa location. I messed that up. 169ms is expected then probably (from Europe).

@moodwriter said: Ups, sorry, just realised LUX is usa location. I messed that up. 169ms is expected then probably (from Europe).

... No, it's in Luxembourg, lol.

Are you sure you aren't pinging Vegas by accident? Confusing LV and LU?

Francisco

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • moodwritermoodwriter Member
    edited April 15

Was pinging Vegas, yes (just watched YT video about Vegas too, lol). Luxembourg & UK ping fine for me. Vegas is 169ms.

@moodwriter said:
    Was pinging Vegas, yes (just watched YT video about Vegas too, lol). Luxembourg & UK ping fine for me. Vegas is 169ms.

Makes perfect sense then if you're in EU :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • gappergapper Member

CL7 is EOL in June. Do you have any plans to upgrade to AL8 before the deadline?

@Francisco said:

@moodwriter said: So, basically script will not fix the problem, just work as temp-fix? Real cause unknown.

It's random, but not that often. The ones running Almalinux 8 are less prone to it than the CentOS 7 ones. As of now lv-shared01, lv-shared02, & lu-shared01 are all CentOS 7.

Cloudlinux hasn't released an elevate script for Directadmin yet, but I'm wondering if we could just uninstall Cloudlinux, run the standard elevate scripts, then install CL again. Directadmin compiles most applications anyway, and whatever it doesn't CL pulls in. We could just trigger a rebuild once Elevate is done and that should hopefully get it squared away.

I'll have to test it this week on a dummy node.

Francisco

@gapper said: CL7 is EOL in June. Do you have any plans to upgrade to AL8 before the deadline?

We did all of the cPanel nodes 2 weekends ago.

For the 3 DA's that we gotta do, I need to do some testing to see if my idea works.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • LeeLee Veteran

UK Crate is still running very well. It's a keeper.

Thanked by 1NameCrane
    edited April 18

@Lee said:
    UK Crate is still running very well. It's a keeper.

:)

We're working on a 'Migration Center' to allow self-serve cPanel migrations. I think we'll have it done this weekend, or early next week.

Francisco

• ChalipaChalipa Member

@Francisco this migration center will be available for migrating between reseller locations or reseller locations to crate?

@Chalipa said: @Francisco this migration center will be available for migrating between reseller locations or reseller locations to crate?

>

I mean, you could do Crane<>Crane, but you might get DNS issues due to our clustering.

The migration tool is more for [Other Hosts] -> Namecrane.

It supports both resellers and single shared users.

It works quite well, I just need to do another pass over it for bugs. I think we're about ready though.

Francisco

• Only cPanel -> cPanel? Or cPanel -> Directadmin too? :-)

edited April 19

@risturiz said: 5:47PM FlagThanks
    Only cPanel -> cPanel? Or cPanel -> Directadmin too? :-)

cPanel->cPanel is the priority.

DA already has an 'Import cPanel' option where you give it your remote user and it pulls in users. If you mean something like 'upload my cpmove files and DA auto converts', not yet.

Mike & I are talking about some sort of automatic DA cpmove converter, but there's some concerns with that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1risturiz

The migration tool is now live!

Please give it a whirl and let us know of any bugs you run into.

Francisco

Thanked by 3MrLime Chalipa JamesF
  • namhuynamhuy Member

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

TypeError: WHMCS\Module\Gateway\paypal_ppcpv\Handler\PostCheckout::captureOrder(): Argument #2 ($invoiceId) must be of type int, WHMCS\Billing\Invoice given, called in /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv.php on line 0 and defined in /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv/lib/Handler/PostCheckout.php:0
    Stack trace:

0 /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway\paypal_ppcpv\Handler\PostCheckout->captureOrder()

1 [internal function]: paypal_ppcpv_post_checkout()

2 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/AbstractModule.php(0): call_user_func()

3 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/Gateway.php(0): WHMCS\Module\AbstractModule->call()

4 /home/namecrane/public_html/cart.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway->call()

@namhuy said: Oops!

yeah the new paypal module is wank.

I'm waiting on Paypal to fix their NVP API page so I can put billing agreements back on.

Francisco

• namhuynamhuy Member
    Oops!

TypeError: WHMCS\Module\Gateway\paypal_ppcpv\Handler\PostCheckout::captureOrder(): Argument #2 ($invoiceId) must be of type int, WHMCS\Billing\Invoice given, called in /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv.php on line 0 and defined in /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv/lib/Handler/PostCheckout.php:0
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway\paypal_ppcpv\Handler\PostCheckout->captureOrder()
    #1 [internal function]: paypal_ppcpv_post_checkout()
    #2 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/AbstractModule.php(0): call_user_func()
    #3 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/Gateway.php(0): WHMCS\Module\AbstractModule->call()
    #4 /home/namecrane/public_html/cart.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway->call()
    #5 {main}

@namhuy said:

Oops!

Stack trace:
    #0 /home/namecrane/public_html/modules/gateways/paypal_ppcpv.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway\paypal_ppcpv\Handler\PostCheckout->captureOrder()
    #1 [internal function]: paypal_ppcpv_post_checkout()
    #2 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/AbstractModule.php(0): call_user_func()
    #3 /home/namecrane/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/Gateway.php(0): WHMCS\Module\AbstractModule->call()
    #4 /home/namecrane/public_html/cart.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Gateway->call()
    #5 {main}

Right, mentioned above.

Usually you just try a 2nd time and it's OK.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We've hired Lagom to do branding & a whole new design for Namecrane

I was curious about Lagom but there are several web sites that go by that name. Any hints?

@Turbo_Pascal said:

@Francisco said: We've hired Lagom to do branding & a whole new design for Namecrane

I was curious about Lagom but there are several web sites that go by that name. Any hints?

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/services/#design-services

Francisco

• namecrane's lu-shared03.dapanel.net is down now, is it just for me?

• bapakebapake Member

@Francisco said:

@noisycode said: Reseller plan in Las Vegas is still unavailable. Will it be refilled after the migration?

Yes :)

The current reseller plans will be restocked in all locations.

I guess a small poll: What country would you prefer for APAC?
    - SG
    - JP
    - Your own choice?

Francisco

SG would be great Frans

@mylselgan said:
    namecrane's lu-shared03.dapanel.net is down now, is it just for me?

Same lock up the others have seen and discussed on this/back a page.

I'm going to just do a quick reboot on each node a little later tonight to get the new checks in place.

Francisco

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Francisco said:

@Turbo_Pascal said:

@Francisco said: We've hired Lagom to do branding & a whole new design for Namecrane

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/services/#design-services

Francisco

Why did you choose Lagom?