Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

@saf31 said:
    Maybe off topic.... I have few 18$/year cpanel accounts. What will happen to those during next billing cycle ?

Nothing, they stay the same. They got bumped from 20 to 25GB storage though for free.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@saf31 said:
    Maybe off topic.... I have few 18$/year cpanel accounts. What will happen to those during next billing cycle ?

Presumably you'll pay $18 to renew for another cycle?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@saf31 said:

Presumably you'll pay $18 to renew for another cycle?

Nothing changes price wise. People
    Kept the same plans and panel, and got a free resource bump.

It’s a total win for the the legacy clients.

Francisco

Thanked by 1saf31

Hello Everyone!

Some updates :)

@hyperblast will be extremely happy to hear we've completed our cPanel updates to AlmaLinux + cPanel 118.

Next up, we're close to completing a Redis Object Cache plugin for both cPanel and Directadmin. Here's what it looks like on cPanel. Directadmin will likely look identical.

We expect to have this live this week, possibly this weekend on the cPanel side.

Francisco

• 118.0.4 confirmed!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

So @Francisco got the custom Redis plugin rolled out across all nodes. If you're running some heavy or decently trafficked sites, please give it a spin and share feedback with us.

Thanked by 1Francisco

Thanks, should be good to go :)

I'll have to do a few more tweaks to our ansible provisioning script in regards to file permissions.

Francisco

• @NameCrane said:
    So @Francisco got the custom Redis plugin rolled out across all nodes. If you're running some heavy or decently trafficked sites, please give it a spin and share feedback with us.

Shared as well?

@luissousa said:

@NameCrane said:

Shared as well?

Yup, already there.

Francisco

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

Is it intentional that the Namecrane site doesn't mention BuyVM or Frantech? I wanted to refer someone to Namecrane for cPanel hosting but it's hard for them to tell it's legit since it's a new service and there's not many reviews.

• shruubshruub Member

@Daniel15 said:
    Is it intentional that the Namecrane site doesn't mention BuyVM or Frantech? I wanted to refer someone to Namecrane for cPanel hosting but it's hard for them to tell it's legit since it's a new service and there's not many reviews.

I'd guess so, they want to split the two.

@shruub said: I'd guess so, they want to split the two.

No, not at all.

While the migration went quite well we ran into a bunch of road blocks due to PayPal as well as the new WHMCS module for it. Up until a few days ago it was eating up quite a bit of our time being on the phone with them, trying to fix the module, fixing Lagom, etc.

Paypal's now happy, but this past weekend we were tied up getting all the cPanel's upgraded, Imunify360 installed, & reconfiguring JetBackup on all of those nodes.

Now that those things are calmed down I'm busy working on a self-serve cPanel user migration system. I'm hoping to have it done no later than next week, but hopefully sooner. Mike's finally catching his breath some and is working on content again.

The intention is to have a content page welcoming people from the Frantech side and making it well known.

Thanks for the referral my friend!

Francisco

Small update on the company branding side.

We've hired Lagom to do branding & a whole new design for Namecrane. As of now we're just using the stock assets included with their site builder. We're in the late stages of the logo so I figured I'd share.

Colouring will depend on what we pick for the site (likely construction themed so something reds/blues/yellows/blacks).

Francisco

Thanked by 2hyperblast luissousa
  • HajtHajt Member

Congratulations! Are there any promotion codes available now, or have they already been issued?

@Hajt said:
    Congratulations! Are there any promotion codes available now, or have they already been issued?

Nothing at the moment.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Hajt
  • shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:

@shruub said: I'd guess so, they want to split the two.

No, not at all.

Oh alright, thought so with the dedication of some employees etc :)

@shruub said: Oh alright, thought so with the dedication of some employees etc

>

I explained that wrong.

There is separation and different staff at both brands, but we aren't wanting to shun where Namecrane was birthed from. It's just a 'not enough hours in the day' issue.

Francisco

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Francisco said:

>

I explained that wrong.

There is separation and different staff at both brands, but we aren't wanting to shun where Namecrane was birthed from. It's just a 'not enough hours in the day' issue.

Francisco

Are you personally still involved with both brands?

@JosephF said: Are you personally still involved with both brands?

Full time :)

Namecrane's getting more of my coding time since we have some features we need now, but I get pulled away from that to do BuyVM stuff all the time. Organizing stock, bugging BGP issues, route changes, node issues, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 2JosephF moodwriter
  • shruubshruub Member

@Francisco said:

>

I explained that wrong.

Francisco

Alrighty! That's what I kinda guessed.

• @Francisco As the Namecrane website is a work in progress, think you need to add this late 1990's style notification image to it.

• gappergapper Member
    edited April 12

lv-shared01 is down

namecrane.com website is down too

it is back now, thanks!

@gapper said: lv-shared01 is down

namecrane.com website is down too

it is back now, thanks!

>

Yeah, got an optic overheating, namely the one to HE, so looking into that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • ChalipaChalipa Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Unfortunately, the uptime is not what it used to be before namecrane.

Today, lv-shared02.dapanel.net
    Downtime: 2 hr 37 min
    Noticed at: 2024-04-15 12:11:30 (UTC+00:00)

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Sorry, here’s some background.

Lv02 is on centos7 which has been unstable on the 7900s. The hardware isn’t crashing at all, just the VMs are suddenly spiking to 100% cpu and dead locking.

Up until last month I had my phone set to “scream bloody murder” when things go down. This was fine since I would catch things within a few minutes.

Because of issues with one of our providers that I’ll leave unnamed I had disable that for my own sanity and the wife not wanting to stab me multiple times in the middle of the night.

We had enabled watchdog but it doesn’t seem to work properly I’ve already started working on something to auto reboot using a similar idea to watchdog so I’m hoping to push that out later today.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Lv02 is on centos7 which has been unstable on the 7900s. The hardware isn’t crashing at all, just the VMs are suddenly spiking to 100% cpu and dead locking.

Francisco

that doesn't seem related to centos7, we have seen exactly the same using CL8, on 2 of our own servers. have you checked temps? or better, before rebooting, have you checked the Cores clock speed?

glad to share details of our own cases

@JoseDieguez said: that doesn't seem related to centos7, we have seen exactly the same using CL8, on 2 of our own servers. have you checked temps? or better, before rebooting, have you checked the Cores clock speed?

glad to share details of our own cases

Not had any temp issues on these builds. The CPU graphs show it'll be at its normal level then within seconds rim to 100%. The VM's are deadlocked with no kernel panic or anything.

We've seen it a few times on CL8 but the CL7's have been much much worse.

Francisco

• ChalipaChalipa Member

@Francisco said:

Up until last month I had my phone set to “scream bloody murder” when things go down. This was fine since I would catch things within a few minutes.

Because of issues with one of our providers that I’ll leave unnamed I had disable that for my own sanity and the wife not wanting to stab me multiple times in the middle of the night.

We had enabled watchdog but it doesn’t seem to work properly I’ve already started working on something to auto reboot using a similar idea to watchdog so I’m hoping to push that out later today.

Francisco

It's just rare, to see servers being down for 2hrs+ on your products.

As long as you are in the loop, it's alright (at least for me).