Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared is becoming NameCrane! New Locations, plans, and WEBSITE!

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited March 9

@nyamenk said:
    Now I see my account in buyshared moved to namecrane :)

And I saw as well that I was double billed, once on Frantech and also on Namecrane. Quite fun that fixing it involves contacting both entities as they are now separate. Hopefully once this settles I won't need to do this song and dance anymore. It was a small bill so I'm not upset, just made me grimace.

• @Francisco said:

@Chievo said: Do you know if you are going to charge VAT for europeans? Congrats for the wedding.

We'll cross that bridge when we need to.

On the topic of the budget resellers.

I finished the WHMCS hooks and product merges last night. Mike's just finishing linking it to the site. I expect it to be open for sale in all locations in the next few hours.

Francisco

Still waiting on this :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Erisa said: And I saw as well that I was double billed, once on Frantech and also on Namecrane. Quite fun that fixing it involves contacting both entities as they are now separate. Hopefully once this settles I won't need to do this song and dance anymore. It was a small bill so I'm not upset, just made me grimace.

Sorry about that! For sure you'd need to ticket and Karen will make sure things are sorted.

@luissousa said: Still waiting on this

Mike's working on it :)

Him & I have been talking about what to do about some very budget friendly shared. I think the only way we can do it w/o issue would be to only offer it on DirectAdmin. $8/year and cPanel is crappy. @JosephF ?

Francisco

• ErisaErisa Member

@Francisco said: Sorry about that! For sure you'd need to ticket and Karen will make sure things are sorted.

Thanks and no worries, yeah it's all sorted now, just a bit of a pain having to make tickets on both sides. Appreciate that it was sorted quickly.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 10

@Francisco said:
    Him & I have been talking about what to do about some very budget friendly shared. I think the only way we can do it w/o issue would be to only offer it on DirectAdmin. $8/year and cPanel is crappy. @JosephF ?

Francisco

Go for it. That's sounds like an excellent plan. I think you'd get good traction on such a plan.

• NameCraneNameCrane Member, Patron Provider

@luissousa said:

@Francisco said:

@Chievo said: Do you know if you are going to charge VAT for europeans? Congrats for the wedding.

We'll cross that bridge when we need to.

On the topic of the budget resellers.

I finished the WHMCS hooks and product merges last night. Mike's just finishing linking it to the site. I expect it to be open for sale in all locations in the next few hours.

Francisco

Still waiting on this :D

The old reseller plans are back in stock now - https://namecrane.com/store/budget-reseller-hosting

And the old $8/$13 shared plans made a return. They're now DirectAdmin-only, but 1GB plan -> 5GB, and 5GB plan -> 15GB. https://namecrane.com/store/da-shared-hosting

All of the plans are available in the new (London, New York City) and existing locations.

We aren't doing plan migrations though if you want a location swap on an old plan (lots of work for a $2 reseller). So you'll need to order a new plan and migrate yourself

Thanked by 2_MS_ hapkido
  • hostkarhostkar Member

@NameCrane any update of Singapore Crate or Reseller ?

• @NameCrane is your shared hosting DDoS protected?

• cmeerwcmeerw Member

Usual question - do you support IPv6?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    @NameCrane is your shared hosting DDoS protected?

There is no PROPER L7 protection(unless the protection provider has SSL certs of your domain).

Though LSWS's recaptcha protection should kick in and keep the load low, and I assume Fran has some per connection limits too.

@cmeerw said:
    Usual question - do you support IPv6?

Yes in their LU, not sure in other locations.

I had to ticket in to get a dedicated ip for my reseller account.

Thanked by 1cmeerw
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Maybe, I am not seeing the full picture, or just missing something but I just noticed the budget cPanel Reseller plans come with only 1 cPanel user included while the crates come with 10. On the product description for budget cPanel resellers it is indicated that 5 additional cPanel users will incur a cost of 1.75$/mo. Is there a reason it's not 5 cPanel users included with a respectively higher monthly fee (+1.75$/mo)? I'd imagine someone ordering a reseller would at least use more than a single (cPanel) user, and if they don't doesn't the cPanel Shared Hosting plan with 4.50$/quarter come cheaper anyway?

Thanked by 2sasslik adly
  • LeviLevi Member

The hype train is real!!! Cho-choo!

• JasonMJasonM Member

@NameCrane said: All of the plans are available in the new (London, New York City) and existing locations.

picking one

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited March 11

What are the memory limits on budget reseller accounts?

Also, no yearly/bi/tri discount? :cry:

@luissousa said: What are the memory limits on budget reseller accounts?

Also, no yearly/bi/tri discount?

1G/1.5G/2G.

Mike can decide on discounts. I don't expect cPanel based resellers/Crates to have much/any.

@Ympker said: Maybe, I am not seeing the full picture, or just missing something but I just noticed the budget cPanel Reseller plans come with only 1 cPanel user included while the crates come with 10. On the product description for budget cPanel resellers it is indicated that 5 additional cPanel users will incur a cost of 1.75$/mo. Is there a reason it's not 5 cPanel users included with a respectively higher monthly fee (+1.75$/mo)? I'd imagine someone ordering a reseller would at least use more than a single (cPanel) user, and if they don't doesn't the cPanel Shared Hosting plan with 4.50$/quarter come cheaper anyway?

We can see about including a bundle of 5 w/ 125G resellers. On the 20G/50G we wouldn't be able to.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sassliksasslik Member

Service activation is slow asfuck.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • kaitkait Member

@Francisco pls respond to my dm :wink:

@sasslik said:
    Service activation is slow asfuck.

Karen manually approves orders. She's on shift and handling things. You're likely already done by now.

Francisco

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Francisco said:

@luissousa said: What are the memory limits on budget reseller accounts?

Also, no yearly/bi/tri discount?

1G/1.5G/2G.

Mike can decide on discounts. I don't expect cPanel based resellers/Crates to have much/any.

@Ympker said: Maybe, I am not seeing the full picture, or just missing something but I just noticed the budget cPanel Reseller plans come with only 1 cPanel user included while the crates come with 10. On the product description for budget cPanel resellers it is indicated that 5 additional cPanel users will incur a cost of 1.75$/mo. Is there a reason it's not 5 cPanel users included with a respectively higher monthly fee (+1.75$/mo)? I'd imagine someone ordering a reseller would at least use more than a single (cPanel) user, and if they don't doesn't the cPanel Shared Hosting plan with 4.50$/quarter come cheaper anyway?

We can see about including a bundle of 5 w/ 125G resellers. On the 20G/50G we wouldn't be able to.

Francisco

Sorry, I didn't mean adding the 5 cPanel users for free. I meant making the Budget reseller plans include 5 cPanel users by default and adjusting the price accordingly. Since it is currently mentioned that +5 cPanel users would incurr an extra cost of 1.75$/mo you could add 12*1.75$ to the yearly price of budget reseller to have it come with 5 users by default. Otherwise, if I got this correctly, the smalles Shared Hosting cPanel plan would be better than the budget reseller if only using 1 cPanel user?

@Ympker said: Sorry, I didn't mean adding the 5 cPanel users for free. I meant making the Budget reseller plans include 5 cPanel users by default and adjusting the price accordingly. Since it is currently mentioned that +5 cPanel users would incurr an extra cost of 1.75$/mo you could add 12*1.75$ to the yearly price of budget reseller to have it come with 5 users by default. Otherwise, if I got this correctly, the smalles Shared Hosting cPanel plan would be better than the budget reseller if only using 1 cPanel user?

Well, a reseller comes with the reseller user itself and then 1 sub user.

If you only have 1 sub site and you want that smidge more space, the place is still good.

I think us baking in a few extra accounts would be fair. I think we actually had that listed in our original plan documents, but didn't implement it.

I'll ask @NameCrane and see.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ympker jcolideles
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 11

@Ympker said: Sorry, I didn't mean adding the 5 cPanel users for free. I meant making the Budget reseller plans include 5 cPanel users by default and adjusting the price accordingly. Since it is currently mentioned that +5 cPanel users would incurr an extra cost of 1.75$/mo you could add 12*1.75$ to the yearly price of budget reseller to have it come with 5 users by default. Otherwise, if I got this correctly, the smalles Shared Hosting cPanel plan would be better than the budget reseller if only using 1 cPanel user?

Why?

Just enforce a minimum with zero benefit to the user?

• emghemgh Member

@Francisco said: I think us baking in a few extra accounts would be fair.

Yes, that would be nice. But I see 0 benefits in charging for a minimum amount of accounts even if the user don't have them, as I understand the suggestion to be.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 11

@Francisco said:

Well, a reseller comes with the reseller user itself and then 1 sub user.

If you only have 1 sub site and you want that smidge more space, the place is still good.

I think us baking in a few extra accounts would be fair. I think we actually had that listed in our original plan documents, but didn't implement it.

I'll ask @NameCrane and see.

Francisco

Ah, I didn't get that it was reseller + 1 sub user. That's another story then. Won't complain about extra accounts, but considering the "new" information that it's reseller + 1 it actually makes sense the way it is now. Thanks for clarifying :) I was lacking caffeeine this morning.

@emgh said:

Why?

I agree that enforcing a minimum is not really something I would usually support, but seeing how the cPanel Shared Plan comes out at 18$/yr with 1 cPanel user and has 25GB NVMe Storage, 1 CPU Core @ 5Ghz+, and 2GB DDR5 RAM, while the Budget Reseller cPanel entry plan costs 36$/yr with "only" 20GB, I was under the impression that there would be no sense in choosing the Budget cPanel Reseller with only 1 cPanel user. That said, I just now had a look again and I forgot that the Reseller also includes the free Blesta license, and some other stuff, so overall it might still make sense.

TL;DR: I can see now why keeping it the way it is makes sense.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The irony and hypocrisy here is really something.

• emghemgh Member

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Why?

I agree that enforcing a minimum is not really something I would usually support, but seeing how the cPanel Shared Plan comes out at 18$/yr with 1 cPanel user and has 25GB NVMe Storage, 1 CPU Core @ 5Ghz+, and 2GB DDR5 RAM, while the Budget Reseller cPanel entry plan costs 36$/yr with "only" 20GB, I was under the impression that there would be no sense in choosing the Budget cPanel Reseller with only 1 cPanel user. That said, I just now had a look again and I forgot that the Reseller also includes the free Blesta license, and some other stuff, so overall it might still make sense.

Yeah, I guess I kind of agree, but a minimum with no benefits probably isn't the solution, although you're more right than you think, because you don't need a reseller for free Blesta, as far as I know

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Why?

Yeah, I guess I kind of agree, but a minimum with no benefits probably isn't the solution, although you're more right than you think, because you don't need a reseller for free Blesta, as far as I know

I was actually also less correct than I thought though, because I initially failed to understand it was reseller + 1 sub account which makes it indeed different to "just" 1 cPanel Shared Hosting Account. I was clearly lacking caffeine this morning ;)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Why?

I was actually also less correct than I thought though, because I initially failed to understand it was reseller + 1 sub account which makes it indeed different to "just" 1 cPanel Shared Hosting Account. I was clearly lacking caffeine this morning ;)

Sometimes I refuse to believe the value of the shared accounts too.

I've got the smallest cPanel one and run my blazing fast Blesta installation on it, and get a free license for it, for $8 a year.. Sure, now it's $18 or you have to go with DA instead, but still, crazy value. Especially with the DA package.

Thanked by 2Ympker NameCrane
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 11

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Why?

Sometimes I refuse to believe the value of the shared accounts too.

I've got the smallest cPanel one and run my blazing fast Blesta installation on it, and get a free license for it, for $8 a year.. Sure, now it's $18 or you have to go with DA instead, but still, crazy value. Especially with the DA package.

That's some good stuff indeed :smiley:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • sassliksasslik Member

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Why?

Same lol, and i ordered already directadmin instead of cpanel bc of this.

Thanked by 2emgh Ympker

@emgh said: I've got the smallest cPanel one and run my blazing fast Blesta installation on it, and get a free license for it, for $8 a year.. Sure, now it's $18 or you have to go with DA instead, but still, crazy value. Especially with the DA package.

There's still an $8/year plan, but you're right, it's DA now.

The resources are a lot higher. We need to retroactively upgrade all the prior cPanel's to similar.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ympker emgh