Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MannDude said: business is business

I agree.

I hope everyone's able to work out their backup and migration activities smoothly.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • So any suggestions on a new host?

• @consolidated said:
    I also need to get backups from my site. 45.61.147.87

Did you hear back from support?

• LionBearLionBear Member
    edited January 2023

Hi, I just found out about LET and this thread specifically while searching online.

I'm on NB as well and don't have recent backups and their support won't answer anymore.

Do you know if there's a way to pull my backups from the hosting?

Thanks!

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@LionBear said:
    Hi, I just found out about LET and this thread specifically while searching online.

I'm on NB as well and don't have recent backups and their support won't answer anymore.

Thanks!

What location are/were your services at?

• @bdl said:

@LionBear said:

Thanks!

Thanks for asking, they are at NYC

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

@Jord Let me know if i can help. How Much backup data are we talking about (in TB)? I could look into provisioning up a dedicated server you can use as temp storage for a month or so - if i have a matching config...

@Everyone Using The NB/Ex Smallweb Webhosting: I will offer you FREE 1 Year of a Small or Medium Web hosting Package in my Amsterdam Location. Just open a Ticket with a screenshot of the NB Billing area showing you have a plan active.
    (Usual Fraud Checks/Control does apply, I reserve the right to stop offering this - To new Users at any time. Limit: 1 Per User)

• bdlbdl Member

@LionBear said:

@bdl said:

@LionBear said:

Thanks!

From some of the messages above, it seems if you open a ticket with Zare you ask to see if they can assist.

• @bdl said:

@LionBear said:

@bdl said:

@LionBear said:

Thanks!

From some of the messages above, it seems if you open a ticket with Zare you ask to see if they can assist.

I think @Zare already tried restarting all servers. If some won't come up not much more he can do. Iirc there was a problem with NYC.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We only have UK ones, any other location we cannot assist i'm afraid.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @bdl said:

@LionBear said:

@bdl said:

@LionBear said:

Thanks!

Zare is in UK. I think NYC is @MrRadic

• Notice that there is no charge for move via upgrades/downgrades option.

@Jord as the London storage server will be powered off on Friday, is it worth migrating to Netherlands server or will these likely be turned off soon?

• @msatt said:
    Notice that there is no charge for move via upgrades/downgrades option.

@Jord as the London storage server will be powered off on Friday, is it worth migrating to Netherlands server or will these likely be turned off soon?

The owner is not responding, he did not pay for UK location servers (and maybe some others - as reported there is more), no one can reach him for months... you are asking if the same thing gonna happen to Netherlands? Really?
    Is this some kind of Stockholm Syndrome?

• @JabJab said:

@msatt said:
    Notice that there is no charge for move via upgrades/downgrades option.

The owner is not responding, he did not pay for UK location servers (and maybe some others - as reported there is more), no one can reach him for months... you are asking if the same thing gonna happen to Netherlands? Really?

It's the "family" thing which the owner keeps promoting to rely on your feelings so that you don't leave the provider. He uses all kinds of sad emojis if you try to cancel lol.

• BHSBHS Member

I hope Nexusbytes migrate to another server. I dont need data, just VPS account with Blesta license.

• @JabJab said: The owner is not responding, he did not pay for UK location servers (and maybe some others - as reported there is more), no one can reach him for months... you are asking if the same thing gonna happen to Netherlands? Really?

Oh don't be so stupid.
    I am the starter of the thread and I know the status.
    I also know that I am going to lose my server in London and the months that I have paid for.
    If I can get longer service in a different location - then I will use it.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@Zare said:
    We only have UK ones, any other location we cannot assist i'm afraid.

Oh crap that's what I initially thought but I misread an early message (brainfart thought pny.* servers were NY-based) - my apologies.

• Anyone got access to backups for NY shared hosting/ updates from support?

• @plumberg said:
    Anyone got access to backups for NY shared hosting/ updates from support?

I'm getting updates from support saying they are committed to fix it, but nothing more.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @SGraf said: Using The NB/Ex Smallweb Webhosting: I will offer you FREE 1 Year of a Small or Medium Web hosting Package in my Amsterdam Location. Just open a Ticket with a screenshot of the NB Billing area showing you have a plan active.

thanks mate!
    mine Nexusbytes service is due for renewal on Feb 12th.
    I'll soon migrate it. i've backups kept elsewhere.

• @LionBear said:

@plumberg said:

I'm getting updates from support saying they are committed to fix it, but nothing more.

Lucky for you.
    I don't know what does "fix" mean to NB

• @plumberg said:

@LionBear said:

@plumberg said:

Lucky for you.
    I don't know what does "fix" mean to NB

Thanks for saying that but I don't feel lucky, feels more like a plain response from them

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@stefeman said:
    It's the "family" thing which the owner keeps promoting to rely on your feelings so that you don't leave the provider. He uses all kinds of sad emojis if you try to cancel lol.

Mentally weak provider murders disowns their family.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@yoursunny said:

@stefeman said:

Mentally weak provider murders disowns their family.

I think he just ran himself into burnout. He was too nice for his own good. that level of support and individual customizing was not sustainable. My friend bought some 3€/m VPS from him, and he was glad to customize it further for extra 50 cents or so per month. They haggled like 30 mins about it on his website chat.

This guy then took it as an approval for unlimited time, and started to spam tickets with random questions and any problem he encountered himself was first posted to support based on the past goodwill. Naturally this guy then became more and more bold as he kept getting smiles and long answers and explanations and tutorials and even manual interventions to configure something despite paying less than 5€/m.

Now imagine 500 of these people + all the Chinese MJJs and indian/pakistani "CEOs", and you can't break the good guy character to any of them, no matter how many tickets they do, and you also need to keep the queue short to show that you care about them, rather than have 7 days response time.

At the very end he ran his normal site, and even cheaper budget site. did he even have time to sleep? The prices were so low too, that he likely got nothing out of the entire operation. Just enough to renew since he rented everything.

OVH/Hetzner rising prices and making the IPs more costly, likely made his income into negative too.

Imagine keeping that shit up for 5 years or more with no significant income or rewards, I'd be in grave in less than a month.

• @SGraf said:
    @Jord Let me know if i can help. How Much backup data are we talking about (in TB)? I could look into provisioning up a dedicated server you can use as temp storage for a month or so - if i have a matching config...

@Everyone Using The NB/Ex Smallweb Webhosting: I will offer you FREE 1 Year of a Small or Medium Web hosting Package in my Amsterdam Location. Just open a Ticket with a screenshot of the NB Billing area showing you have a plan active.
    (Usual Fraud Checks/Control does apply, I reserve the right to stop offering this - To new Users at any time. Limit: 1 Per User)

Hi @SGraf,

What do you mean by Ex Small Web. Small Web in trouble too?

How do I go about taking advantage of the free offer? Any link to follow?

Thanks.

edited January 2023

@mansoor said:

@SGraf said:

Hi @SGraf,

What do you mean by Ex Small Web. Small Web in trouble too?

How do I go about taking advantage of the free offer? Any link to follow?

Thanks.

SmallWeb got bought by nexusbytes ( https://lowendbox.com/blog/nexusbytes-acquires-smallweb/ ). So i would assume if one is running into issues, the other will follow soon.

I guess i could have worded that more cleverly. Both NB and Smallweb clients is fine (if you still have an active service with them). Just open a ticket, https://clients.myrootpw.com/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/2/ and i'll get you a registration link.

:smile:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@SGraf said:

I guess i could have worded that more cleverly. Both NB and Smallweb clients is fine (if you still have an active service with them). Just open a ticket, https://clients.myrootpw.com/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/2/ and i'll get you a registration link.

Are you aware that NexusBites has free webhosting?
    Thousands of requests coming…

@yoursunny said:

@SGraf said:

Are you aware that NexusBites has free webhosting?
    Thousands of requests coming…

That is why i did reserve the right to change my mind, if the flood gates where to open.
    But i do suspect that wont happen. :)

• So I'm just wondering, there is no way right now to pull data and backups from NYC servers?

• @LionBear said:
    So I'm just wondering, there is no way right now to pull data and backups from NYC servers?

I am leaning towards this every minute passing without updates from support.

I am responsible for not backing up the emails I had on NB PNY1 server

Unless magically they are able to pull off and share a backup from offsite somewhere. Even a couple weeks old would be helpful.

Fingers crossed

Thanked by 1LionBear