Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes' off the radar. Backup/retrieve your data!

Comments

• @bdl said:
    Who sells London storage apart from @kuroit ?

HostHatch does, I have a legacy London storage VM with them.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@nishantk said:
    it's funny, he is still accepting new orders and some people still think this is not scam. at least have some dignity and stop taking new orders.

I do not think seriesn is a scam. My personal view is that he is like a nice and decent shopkeeper - who by whatever got crippled. That almost paralyzed (it seems to me) man quite likely still is a nice and decent man and anyway one who never wanted to betray or defraud anyone, and still does not want that.
    The question IMO is absolutely not whether Jay is somehow evil or a scammer. The issue is that even the nicest and most honest man can only do so much sitting in a wheelchair.

When Jay "burned" even the very man, @Jord, who was ready to help him and support him, he didn't do it because he is somehow evil; he did it because in his "wheelchair" he couldn't do better.

The reason I'm not trusting NB any longer is because at the end of the day for most of us this boils down to a business issue. Why Jay is "crippled" is not the point for most of us; the point is the outcome of him being "in a wheelchair" and obviously unable to at least trust and fully support a friend who works to keep NB alive. And the point is that seriesn has pulled the rug on which our trust in NB stands. Not because he is evil but because he obviously too "crippled" by something within himself.

I find the whole thing very saddening and think we shouldn't bash and/or condemn Jay. At the same time though when a shop stops working one won't go there anymore to shop, no matter how much one liked the shop owner.

I sincerely wish Jay well and a full and (if possible) speedy recovery - and the power to re-earn his friends and customers trust.

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

@bdl said:

Need 50% off? We're working on re-launching Storage plans (reducing costs and increasing bandwidth) and also introducing VDS plans in London, Zurich and Amsterdam!

Thanked by 2ascicode bdl
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2023

The vps in NY also offline at least 1 days ago, not resolved until now, don't know what happened

@Jord

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@fluffernutter said:

@bdl said:

HostHatch does, I have a legacy London storage VM with them.

I had one of those when they were super cheap (I think it was 2tb or 3tb from 3-4 years ago, it was super performant and I'm still kicking myself I gave it up!). From memory they are full up now.

• mansoormansoor Member
    edited January 2023

@Zare said:
    All servers are spinning back up for you to take any backups if * you need to. I'll provide until Friday 1PM GMT, hopefully we hear from NB between now and then, but if not that will be the final termination date.

Is this an official notice that servers are up since "pny1.mymanagementpanel.com" is still down. pny1.mymanagementpanel.com is the shared/reseller hosting server. I just need a backup. Thanks.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@mansoor said:

@Zare said:
    All servers are spinning back up for you to take any backups if * you need to. I'll provide until Friday 1PM GMT, hopefully we hear from NB between now and then, but if not that will be the final termination date.

Is this an official notice that servers are up since "pny1.mymanagementpanel.com" is still down. pny1.mymanagementpanel.com is the shared/reseller hosting server. I just need a backup. Thanks.

Please DM me your servers IP and ill see if its booted. Aside from getting it to cleanly boot there is nothing else i can do if it doesn't come back after that.

Thanked by 2Jord pepa65
  • @mansoor said:

@Zare said:

I too cannot seem to login to the shared DA hosting.
    Maybe @Jord can help assuming the servers are up and booted?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I believe the server in NYC is down, but if you submit a ticket, the support team can see if they can access a backup. Unfortunately, I don't have access to anything but WHMCS.

@Zare said:

@mansoor said:

@Zare said:

Please DM me your servers IP and ill see if its booted. Aside from getting it to cleanly boot there is nothing else i can do if it doesn't come back after that.

Thank you for doing this.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • @Jord said:
    I believe the server in NYC is down, but if you submit a ticket, the support team can see if they can access a backup. Unfortunately, I don't have access to anything but WHMCS.

I've been waiting for a response since yesterday... from support...

@plumberg said:

@Jord said:

What's your ticket number? I can see what's going on, I asked them last night to make sure all backups they have access to are given to anyone who needs them.

edited January 2023

@Jord and @Zare I guess

In order to avoid confusion, could you please tell the current status of all NexusBytes locations (and VPS types if some work and some do not in a location)?

As for myself I can say that both locations I have VPS at, NL and UK, work fine. 'Fine' as in I just benchmarked them and noticed no loss of performance as compared to some months ago.

Funny side notes: I have both a normal and a storage VPS in NL and while both perform minimum as expected there are some funny observations. The storage VPS (Ryzen 3900X, 1 vCore, 1 GB mem.) is slower (single core) than the normal VPS (Ryzen 3900X, 4 vCores, 4 GB mem.) but does AES ca. 7% faster. Also its (OS, not storage) disk is significantly faster except for random reads. Finally it's also significantly faster wrt connectivity. The differences in processor/memory and disk are easily explained because obviously those are different nodes (and likely different occupation too). The significant connectivity difference however strikes me because both nodes are presumably in the same DC. Strange (note that I'm not complaining. Both VMs are between acceptable and really nice).

The UK (not storage) VPS (Ryzen 3950X, 4 vCores, 4 GB mem.) is yet another story. Its processor is significantly faster than both NL VPS, its disk is faster than the normal NL VPS but slower than the NL storage VPS, and its connectivity is a bit faster than the normal NL VPS but significantly slower than the NL storage VPS.

Again, all in all nothing to complain about (but maybe interesting to ask for the reasons); in fact I'm quite pleased overall. I just thought that some concrete and as of this day data might be helpful

From what I can gather is one server in NYC, two in LA and one in Miami plus the UK are down, apart from now where you can get your backups. I would highly recommend getting what you can. Just incase.

I'm still trying to get this resolved as best as I can.

Thanked by 2jsg hiphiphip0

@Jord said:
    From what I can gather is one server in NYC, two in LA and one in Miami plus the UK are down, apart from now where you can get your backups. I would highly recommend getting what you can. Just incase.

Just to be sure: my UK VPS works fine right now. So, is not the whole UK location down -or- is that due to @zare being kind and keeping it alive for a while (to make backups/pull our data)?

• @Jord said:

@plumberg said:

@Jord said:

What's your ticket number? I can see what's going on, I asked them last night to make sure all backups they have access to are given to anyone who needs them.

I have pmed the ticket thank you @Jord

@jsg said:

@Jord said:

Just to be sure: my UK VPS works fine right now. So, is not the whole UK location down -or- is that due to @zare being kind and keeping it alive for a while (to make backups/pull our data)?

That is because Zare has re-enabled it so people can get their backups, I still haven't heard from Jay.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Zare said:

@mansoor said:

@Zare said:

Ip Address: 45.61.147.87

• @Zare @Jord

Can you please boot up IP address: 45.61.147.87

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2023

I’ll check on customers of NexusBytes email plans later today, got more than a few things to do today. As far as I know from where I’m sitting at this moment, it’s all fine and in good standing. But I’ll take measures to ensure that remains true, after reading the post from @Jord.

• @mansoor said:
    @Zare @Jord

Can you please boot up IP address: 45.61.147.87

Its on RS - @MrRadic

• Some kind minded person should also mention this at hostloc side. Its quite popular over there.

• They have disabled backup on pger1.mymanagementpanel.com and I cannot take backups.

@Jord was kind enough to reply to PM here, but the support promised that it will be fixed shortly, but still it's disabled. :/

• @Chalipa said: They have disabled backup on pger1.mymanagementpanel.com and I cannot take backups.

Then do it manually for now (files via FTP/mysql dbs etc) and if they manage to enable it before server dies you will do a "proper one" -for now at least you will have sometning and won't end with nothing.

• @Chalipa said:
    They have disabled backup on pger1.mymanagementpanel.com and I cannot take backups.

@Jord was kind enough to reply to PM here, but the support promised that it will be fixed shortly, but still it's disabled. :/

You are lucky...

Pny1 (new york) is still down and support has not responded.

Every passing minute is making me realize I am getting further away from getting a backup if any

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

Well, it is awesome to see people and companies trying to step up least people can try to get their backups. Luckily, I moved my email from nexusbytes last night to my own server for right now.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • sad to see NB and jay go down like this but heart warming to see the community response

• I also need to get backups from my site. 45.61.147.87

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

If any user needs temp storage I have about 25tb free in France in someone needs a place to download from the uk and then find their final home.