Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

1131415161719»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

FWIW both of my NL VPS are dead too ("no route to host").

• To be frank the guy with the company is a fucking asshole. Forgive the language. This community need to ensure that he NEVER has another hosting company. If you're going out of business and closing servers then send an email giving notice. What a total cock-sucker. We had backups for all major sites - just a few I have to recreate - but if back up had failed I would have potentially lost 6-8 months of work. What an utterly unprofessional asshole.

• @rolandscriven said:
    To be frank the guy with the company is a fucking asshole. Forgive the language. This community need to ensure that he NEVER has another hosting company. If you're going out of business and closing servers then send an email giving notice. What a total cock-sucker. We had backups for all major sites - just a few I have to recreate - but if back up had failed I would have potentially lost 6-8 months of work. What an utterly unprofessional asshole.

lol

• @rolandscriven said:
    My server is down or has died. Potentially lost months of work. Their site is down. How can I contact them?

I guess he lost millions. Potentially.

Thanked by 2bdl equalz
  • If we can't trust our server hosters who can we trust.. ..

• @bdl said:

@rolandscriven said:
    To be frank the guy with the company is a fucking asshole. Forgive the language. This community need to ensure that he NEVER has another hosting company. If you're going out of business and closing servers then send an email giving notice. What a total cock-sucker. We had backups for all major sites - just a few I have to recreate - but if back up had failed I would have potentially lost 6-8 months of work. What an utterly unprofessional asshole.

lol

Seems there are teenagers here.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @rolandscriven said:
    - but if back up had failed I would have potentially lost 6-8 months of work.

If backups fail, It's on you.

If 6-8 months of work lost, it's on you

This is LET, with even best providers failures happen (hardware or otherwise)

If you expect anything more , you are at the wrong place

Thanked by 2bdl equalz
  • @rolandscriven said:

First rule of LowEndClub is have backups.
    Second rule of LowEndClub is have backups.
    Third rule of LowEndClub is expect involucration anytime.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited February 2023

@jmaxwell said:

@rolandscriven said:

First rule of LowEndClub life is have backups.
    Second rule of LowEndClub life is have backups.
    Third rule of LowEndClub life is expect involucration anytime.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2023

My two cents on this, not that anyone cares :smile:

1) It's pretty sad that NexusBytes shutdown the way it did, I hope Jay's okay...
    2) If something was wrong with Jay, or even if he was simply burnt out he should've sold when he had offers.
    3) This is why backups are important.
    4) I don't think Jay was attempting to scam anyone, just a very poorly handled exit, potentially made worse by health issues.

• @bdl said:

@jmaxwell said:

@rolandscriven said:

if your life is built on summerhost services, yes

• @jmaxwell said:

@bdl said:

@jmaxwell said:

@rolandscriven said:

if your life is built on summerhost services, yes

I typically work in the medium business/enterprise world, and even there backups are critical. Backups are critical anywhere.