Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• I´m moving since control panel isn´t working always as it should, slow, and support saying that everything is well and workin, whereas my vnc is definitely NOT for months already. Paid until July 2023 and no refund possible, but like they are now I won´r risk this anymore after an unresponsive vps for 3 days last month.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@gessler said:
    I´m moving since control panel isn´t working always as it should, slow, and support saying that everything is well and workin, whereas my vnc is definitely NOT for months already. Paid until July 2023 and no refund possible, but like they are now I won´r risk this anymore after an unresponsive vps for 3 days last month.

I'm sorry to hear this, I've spoken with you on your ticket I believe, I am making sure this doesn't happen again, we are looking into why VNC isn't working correctly, I do apologise for the issues here, we will make sure this is fixed. I will keep your ticket updated.

• Just came across this thread. As NexusBytes never ended up answering my support ticket but happily took me cancelling the server while keeping my money, maybe @Jord has an idea. My VPS went down because of motherboard issues at some point and basically never came back up, and i never had any further response from the support.

Honestly at this point my trust in the company is gone for good, but who knows, maybe they show the courtesy and at least reimburse me the money paid in advance (till End of December), went down in March... Which is a decent stack of money for an opensource Community Project.

Ticket #937211, in case you want to read up on it.

P.S. the fact this ticket had been dragged on by me for so long ended up voiding my chance to get the money back through PayPal as they have a 180 days policy...

• ralfralf Member

How do you know it was a motherboard issue if the host never came back?

• Myself5Myself5 Member
    edited August 2022

@ralf said:
    How do you know it was a motherboard issue if the host never came back?

The last support interaction I had was the support claiming there is a motherboard issue.... and that it would be fixed "tomorrow"... Needless to say it was still down 3 weeks later, lol.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @Jord said:

@gessler said:
    I´m moving since control panel isn´t working always as it should, slow, and support saying that everything is well and workin, whereas my vnc is definitely NOT for months already. Paid until July 2023 and no refund possible, but like they are now I won´r risk this anymore after an unresponsive vps for 3 days last month.

I'm sorry to hear this, I've spoken with you on your ticket I believe, I am making sure this doesn't happen again, we are looking into why VNC isn't working correctly, I do apologise for the issues here, we will make sure this is fixed. I will keep your ticket updated.

Yes it was me but after reading latest reviews and last months experience I´m gone, unfortunately our money too.

@Myself5 said:
    Just came across this thread. As NexusBytes never ended up answering my support ticket but happily took me cancelling the server while keeping my money, maybe @Jord has an idea. My VPS went down because of motherboard issues at some point and basically never came back up, and i never had any further response from the support.

Honestly at this point my trust in the company is gone for good, but who knows, maybe they show the courtesy and at least reimburse me the money paid in advance (till End of December), went down in March... Which is a decent stack of money for an opensource Community Project.

P.S. the fact this ticket had been dragged on by me for so long ended up voiding my chance to get the money back through PayPal as they have a 180 days policy...

I'm sorry to hear this, I've had a look at this and this certainly isn't how this should have been handled, I can't apologise enough here, I am going to make sure this doesn't happen again and that we learn from this.

I've updated your ticket with my findings, once again we do apologise.

I wish you all the best.

@gessler said:

@Jord said:

@gessler said:

Yes it was me but after reading latest reviews and last months experience I´m gone, unfortunately our money too.

Thank you, I've also updated your ticket, with my findings, once again we do apologise, I am reviewing our whole VPS Dashboard with our team to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I wish you all the best.

• @Jord said:

@Myself5 said:
    Just came across this thread. As NexusBytes never ended up answering my support ticket but happily took me cancelling the server while keeping my money, maybe @Jord has an idea. My VPS went down because of motherboard issues at some point and basically never came back up, and i never had any further response from the support.

I'm sorry to hear this, I've had a look at this and this certainly isn't how this should have been handled, I can't apologise enough here, I am going to make sure this doesn't happen again and that we learn from this.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks for your answer, and an ever bigger thanks for the content! :)

I appreciate your effort to bring back NexusBytes to its former glory, maybe even with me as a customer once again.

Good luck and all the best :)

• they gave me a partial refund, so that´s a good sign and I hope they get their issues fixed and wish them all the best good luck.

• @Myself5 said:

@Jord said:

@Myself5 said:

I wish you all the best.

I appreciate your effort to bring back NexusBytes to its former glory, maybe even with me as a customer once again.

Hey @Jord,
    Sorry for having to ask, but do you have any news on that refund yet? The support ticket where I sent you the infos has been unanswered for a few days now.

Thanks in advance :)

• Hey @Jord,
    Sorry for having to ask, but do you have any news on that refund yet? The support ticket where I sent you the infos has been unanswered for a few days now.

Out of interest, why are you requesting a refund?

• @hadawayandplay said:

Hey @Jord,

I've explained it a few posts up. Basically VPS went down, support went AWOL but would happily cancel my server. Refund is for the downtime and upfront payment (server was paid for annually but went down less than half a year into that payment cycle).

• @Myself5 said:

@hadawayandplay said:

Hey @Jord,

I've explained it a few posts up. Basically VPS went down, support went AWOL but would happily cancel my server. Refund is for the downtime and upfront payment (server was paid for annually but went down less than half a year into that payment cycle).

Seems pretty clear to me that the service at NB isn't all that different but they're of course keeping who ever posts in this thread sweet to keep up the illusion that the service is improving. You'll no doubt get your refund now you've commented here because that's the "game" which is being played.

@Myself5 said:

@Myself5 said:

@Jord said:

@Myself5 said:

I wish you all the best.

Hey @Jord,

Hey, sorry for the wait here, unfortunately, I can't process a refund manually through PayPal, I will make sure this is done today. Due to the length of time, I can't do this via WHMCS sorry about that.

@hadawayandplay said:

@Myself5 said:

@hadawayandplay said:

Hey @Jord,

Seems pretty clear to me that the service at NB isn't all that different but they're of course keeping who ever posts in this thread sweet to keep up the illusion that the service is improving. You'll no doubt get your refund now you've commented here because that's the "game" which is being played.

There are no "games" here, I don't have access to PayPal, to do this. We clearly fucked up here, support didn't reply, and nothing was done, this was before I was brought on. Hence why they get a refund, we don't normally offer refunds. It would normally be a service credit, but these occasions where warranted, as we failed, this certainly won't happen again.

I can't apologise enough, this shouldn't have gotten this far.

• @Jord said: We clearly fucked up here, support didn't reply, and nothing was done, this was before I was brought on.

How many unanswered tickets do you have in your queue right now?
    I'm sure NB get plenty of tickets but I can't quite work out why it's taking so long to perform basic tasks such as responding to a ticket that according to @Myself5 has been waiting for a reply for a few days. Sounds like you were either not bothered about keeping the client up to date on their refund/credit status, or you just hoped they'd go away.

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited August 2022

Hey @Jord why password on Nexusbytes control panel not working?

Send you PM as well

I even tried "forgot Password" option but when I click on the link from the received email I saw error

with the url : https://my.nexusbytes.com/route-not-defined

Sorry, but the previous page () provided an invalid page link.
    Please try navigating using the options below.

I can't login so can't open ticket

@hadawayandplay said:

@Jord said: We clearly fucked up here, support didn't reply, and nothing was done, this was before I was brought on.

How many unanswered tickets do you have in your queue right now?
    I'm sure NB get plenty of tickets but I can't quite work out why it's taking so long to perform basic tasks such as responding to a ticket that according to @Myself5 has been waiting for a reply for a few days. Sounds like you were either not bothered about keeping the client up to date on their refund/credit status, or you just hoped they'd go away.

Not many, I've been going through them to make sure everyone has been responded to, unfortunately, I don't have PayPal access, so waiting for this to be done, I did say this would be done, and it will be done today. I am working with the team to make sure Tech support is now much better, no more no replying to tickets.

But unfortunately, it's going to take time, to go through everything and get everything up to the standard it once was. I'm only one person, I can only do so much in a day. I'm not a robot :joy: even though sometimes I wish I was.

@BingoBongo said:

Send you PM as well

I even tried "forgot Password" option but when I click on the link from the received email I saw error

Hey, sorry to hear that, I'll have a look at the DM and talk with you there.

• @hadawayandplay said:

I don't believe that to be the case. I have a very cheap, small hosting package at SmallWeb (owned by Nexusbytes) that costs around 5$ a year. The server that is hosting my package was having an outage (the first time since I have had it (4 months or so)) and when it came close to a few hours I decided to create a ticket to ask what was wrong. Jord replied to the ticket after around one hour, and has been providing updates in that ticket regarding the situation (there was a hardware failure), and replied again when the service was restored. - I never commented anything regarding NB, or said anything in this thread, yet Jord did reply and keep me up-to-date. So I don't think that they are only trying to clean up their image by handling tickets for the vocal people or playing "games".

-Tim

Thanked by 4ralf Jord jsg equalz
  • @Jord said:

@BingoBongo said:

Send you PM as well

Hey, sorry to hear that, I'll have a look at the DM and talk with you there.

Problem solved. @Jord replied and solved the issue within few minutes.

Thank you so much Lord @Jord

Thanked by 1Jord
  • zedzed Member
    edited August 2022

@Tim_kwakman said:

@hadawayandplay said:

I don't believe that to be the case. I have a very cheap, small hosting package at SmallWeb (owned by Nexusbytes) that costs around 5$ a year. The server that is hosting my package was having an outage (the first time since I have had it (4 months or so)) and when it came close to a few hours I decided to create a ticket to ask what was wrong. Jord replied to the ticket after around one hour, and has been providing updates in that ticket regarding the situation (there was a hardware failure), and replied again when the service was restored. - I never commented anything regarding NB, or said anything in this thread, yet Jord did reply and keep me up-to-date. So I don't think that they are only trying to clean up their image by handling tickets for the vocal people or playing "games".

-Tim

not to detract from positivity, but wasn't @Jord already the smallweb guy? so him answering smallweb tickets in a timely fashion doesn't really indicate anything new about nexusbytes service?

(sorry @Jord, no offense)

• @zed said:
    not to detract from positivity, but wasn't @Jord already the smallweb guy? so him answering smallweb tickets in a timely fashion doesn't really indicate anything new about nexusbytes service?

(sorry @Jord, no offense)

Not sure, I never created a ticket before so that might be the case. The reason I brought it up was mainly because it concerned a hardware issue, that has to be solved by the NexusBytes team. I did get updates regarding the status of the server with statements about what is happening, and that the NexusBytes team was working on it. So I don't think it would make a huge difference in this case as this support request required interaction with NexusBytes to get the information needed to answer the ticket.

-Tim

• I think a physical hardware issue causing multiple customers to be affected is a little different to a refund/credit request which is unknown by other clients and can conveniently be given a very low priority, if it's ever dealt with at all.

• @hadawayandplay said:
    I think a physical hardware issue causing multiple customers to be affected is a little different to a refund/credit request which is unknown by other clients and can conveniently be given a very low priority, if it's ever dealt with at all.

That's true, but the reason for some of those refund requests are servers with downtime, and the initial post is talking about a server going down and not being bootable/losing data on them.

So me getting useful replies and them recovering the server with updates, for (I assume) mostly clients that pay peanuts as SmallWeb is all about very cheap shared hosting seems like it is getting better.

Not having access to the payment accounts, and being reliant on others to actually do the refunds seems like a pretty reasonable explanation to me. It is not the perfect situation, and I believe this has dragged on for months causing a lot of uncertainty for clients, so it is not desirable at all. But I do think that they are improving and are trying to get everything back on tracks. I just doubt that they are only helping people that take it publicly.

-Tim

• For the record, my refund arrived!

Thanks once again @Jord, and good luck with NexusBytes :)

Thanked by 1Jord
  • @Myself5 said:
    For the record, my refund arrived!

Jord is good panda people.
    If he says something will be done - it will be done.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@Myself5 said:

Jord is good panda people.
    If he says something will be done - it will be done.

You got it right the first time.

• adlyadly Veteran

@Jord if you don’t have PayPal access, who does? Also, what else can’t you access?

If Jay is still controlling access to certain things, then your ability to improve things will be limited, and the previous worries people have raised about his absence remain valid.

• zedzed Member

@Myself5 said:

good deal man!