Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@adly said: @Jord if you don’t have PayPal access, who does?

Account owner? :)
    Lets be realistic here. It's somehow understandable that someone who help you don't get your wallet and your bank account. I can imagine that at the end of the day it's still Jay the one who pay bills.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@adly said:
    @Jord if you don’t have PayPal access, who does? Also, what else can’t you access?

If Jay is still controlling access to certain things, then your ability to improve things will be limited, and the previous worries people have raised about his absence remain valid.

Ah, if Jord or staff has access in whmcs to press the refund Button in WHMCS there is no need to access the paypal Account.

WHMCS can handle refunds with the paypal API.
    No access needed.

Who knows. Im somehow sure the guy will come back.

• @HostSlick said:

@adly said:
    @Jord if you don’t have PayPal access, who does? Also, what else can’t you access?

If Jay is still controlling access to certain things, then your ability to improve things will be limited, and the previous worries people have raised about his absence remain valid.

Ah, if Jord or staff has access in whmcs to press the refund Button in WHMCS there is no need to access the paypal Account.

WHMCS can handle refunds with the paypal API.
    No access needed.

Who knows. Im somehow sure the guy will come back.

The situation in this case as indicated above was that the transaction was past the refund period so it couldn't be just refunded.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

That is correct, the payment was past 6 months, so I don't have access to make a manual payment, I can only do a refund via WHMCS, which is rightly so, I don't need access to PayPal, that is Jays business not mine.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @Jord said: that is Jays business not mine.

Oh yeah. Speaking of which, where is he? Wasn't there supposed to be an annoucement by him on here like 8 weeks ago or something?

Thanked by 3jsg adly Marx
  • pattatha9pattatha9 Member
    edited August 2022

I appreciate your effort to bring back NexusBytes to its former glory, maybe even with me as a customer once again.

[Two spam links]

Mod edit (angstrom): Removed

• tjntjn Member
    edited August 2022

@pattatha9 said:
    I appreciate your effort to bring back NexusBytes to its former glory, maybe even with me as a customer once again.

[Two spam links]

https://involucrated.com/

Mod edit (angstrom): Removed quoted spam links

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@pattatha9 said:

[Two spam links]

In contrast, there won't be much glory for you as a spammer

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I am/was (depending on how things will be :smile: ) in market for storage VPS, giving NB, despite the fun times, a go as a new customer. Lets see where this goes. So far so good.

• NL VPS went down 4 hours ago. Not sure if its isolated to me, but it cannot be booted in the control panel

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@HuntersPad said:
    NL VPS went down 4 hours ago. Not sure if its isolated to me, but it cannot be booted in the control panel

Did you contact support or ping @jord?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited September 2022

I did before I made the post. I got a response saying it was being looked into over 2 hours ago with no update..

At the moment 7hr:30 min of downtime

• @seriesn sir

Thanked by 1equalz
  • @HuntersPad said:
    I did before I made the post. I got a response saying it was being looked into over 2 hours ago with no update..

I am more interested in how many millions are lost

• billions!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

FWIW my two NexusBytes systems in NL are working.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited September 2022

I was responded to right after I went to bed saying all is back working... Which it was but I had to reboot it which now worked to get it started. So 13-14 hours of downtime. Wasnt even told what had happened. I'm sure Jord will let me know though.

But everything is back up for now. No clue on what happened

• @vyas11 said:

@HuntersPad said:

More like Pennies 😂

• @HuntersPad said:

@vyas11 said:

@HuntersPad said:

More like Pennies 😂

In that case, Sir, you are in the wrong forum :-) ask around.
    The mantra here is:
    downtime = millions lost.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @vyas11 said:

@HuntersPad said:

@vyas11 said:

@HuntersPad said:

More like Pennies 😂

In that case, Sir, you are in the wrong forum :-) ask around.
    The mantra here is:
    downtime = millions lost.

When you cross 10 hours of downtime, we are talking billions in damages.

• The only info I wave given was that they restarted the vps and found no issues.

If there was no issues why couldn't I restart it in the control panel? Every option the user panel gave an error.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm sorry to hear that, I spoke with Jay/Tech and it seems one of our nodes needed a reboot; we are looking into why this happened sorry about that @HuntersPad

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • My vps was down 7h 23min. I lost 7,23 millions roughly.

Thanked by 1sebkehl
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I've lost millions too from idling my NexusBytes VPS for over 2 years!

02:53:59 up 748 days, 20:27, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• pkrpkr Member
    edited September 2022

7h 23m downtime may result in a loss in millions in some currencies.

• @Jord is very helpful. When delayed, get in touch with him. He helped me twice with IPv6.

• I have been using NexusBytes VPS since 2019 and never had any issues.
    I need to renew in a few days. Looking at current discussions, I am a bit skeptical. What do you guys suggest? Should I renew or find another host?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@pkr said:
    I have been using NexusBytes VPS since 2019 and never had any issues.
    I need to renew in a few days. Looking at current discussions, I am a bit skeptical. What do you guys suggest? Should I renew or find another host?

If you are happy with the services but having doubts, better renew on monthly basis instead of making long term payments

• @HostEONS said:

@pkr said:

If you are happy with the services but having doubts, better renew on monthly basis instead of making long term payments

In that case, @pkr would probably lose their discount. (I'm guessing)

@pkr : Of course, there are no guarantees, but if you're happy enough with the service and you have a good discount, I suspect that NB will still be around during the next 12 months

• @angstrom said:

@HostEONS said:

@pkr said:

In that case, @pkr would probably lose their discount. (I'm guessing)

@pkr : Of course, there are no guarantees, but if you're happy enough with the service and you have a good discount, I suspect that NB will still be around during the next 12 months

Yes, it is an old promotional offer from 2019:
    4core/4gb RAM/ 40gb disk/ 4tb BW for $72/year