Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• @jugganuts said:
    Good thing I thought Bob was a bit sus... Dodgy stuff. Glad I avoided.

bob always looked like a simp

• Sus uncle bob. Now it makes sense looking at the messages from him "send bob vegana".

• @vyas11 said:

@dahartigan said:

@tenpera said:
    @jsg, Jay, @seriesn are all one(same) person?

Close enough.

You think so?
    I thought that one of them was the grammarly version of cociu

Nonsense spelled correctly?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2022

The last and final overdue notice about lack of official information on the project status from the actual owner.

Note for those who host something even remotely resembling "production": move away. Just do it. Few reasons:

• Protect your data from sudden flop;
    • Do not support shady business. Those who openly lie and use gullible people, does not deserve any financial support;
    • "But it's now supported by the Jord..." - this mumble is a cookie cutter argument. Employee can move any moment and you will leave alone.

That's it. Fin. This thread should be closed and preserved for the future.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

Magical Monday

• Well Jord seemed excited when he announced that he's taking over it, but that was 1 month ago and since then he disappeared as well, even though this thread continued to rise questions. Him being admin here Im sure he opened LET in that 1 month. And that announcement or even a hello from Jay never came either. So who knows whats going on.

My VM is expiring in a month and already got replacement a while ago just havent got to migration yet :s . So most likely I'll let NB expire even though uptime was really great which to me is most important, but cant really count on the reliability anymore as explained above. Sad

Thanked by 1adly
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@drizbo said:
    Well Jord seemed excited when he announced that he's taking over it, but that was 1 month ago and since then he disappeared as well

So it seems indeed. Sad.

• @drizbo where is your new harbor?

• @hyperblast said:
    @drizbo where is your new harbor?

Greencloud was getting a lot of praise here so I took their offer. Got a lot more "power" for same money, just hopefully network uptime is as good, which is far more important to me.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@drizbo said:
    Well Jord seemed excited when he announced that he's taking over it, but that was 1 month ago and since then he disappeared as well, even though this thread continued to rise questions. Him being admin here Im sure he opened LET in that 1 month. And that announcement or even a hello from Jay never came either. So who knows whats going on.

My VM is expiring in a month and already got replacement a while ago just havent got to migration yet :s . So most likely I'll let NB expire even though uptime was really great which to me is most important, but cant really count on the reliability anymore as explained above. Sad

@jsg said:

@drizbo said:
    Well Jord seemed excited when he announced that he's taking over it, but that was 1 month ago and since then he disappeared as well

So it seems indeed. Sad.

I'm still here, just been busy getting things back in order, Jay is doing well, taking the time needed to heal, I've been kicking him to get things done. If anyone needs anything just feel free to DM me or tag me, I'm always happy to help where I can.

• adlyadly Veteran

@Jord said:

@drizbo said:
    Well Jord seemed excited when he announced that he's taking over it, but that was 1 month ago and since then he disappeared as well, even though this thread continued to rise questions. Him being admin here Im sure he opened LET in that 1 month. And that announcement or even a hello from Jay never came either. So who knows whats going on.

@jsg said:

@drizbo said:

So it seems indeed. Sad.

I'm still here, just been busy getting things back in order, Jay is doing well, taking the time needed to heal, I've been kicking him to get things done. If anyone needs anything just feel free to DM me or tag me, I'm always happy to help where I can.

I increasingly can’t see this arrangement ending up well for you, which is a shame. Hope whatever happens doesn’t damage your reputation and Jay doesn’t let you take the fall should things (continue?) to go downhill. Best of luck either way.

@adly said:

@Jord said:

@drizbo said:

@jsg said:

@drizbo said:

So it seems indeed. Sad.

I increasingly can’t see this arrangement ending up well for you, which is a shame. Hope whatever happens doesn’t damage your reputation and Jay doesn’t let you take the fall should things (continue?) to go downhill. Best of luck either way.

Well I run the operation, so I'm not sure what is going to go wrong if I'm running everything, Jay does a little bit behind the scenes, but everything is paid for, continues to be paid for, and I am helping a friend out, which I what I set out to do, he's been there for me when I went through some tough times, so it's time I repay the favour.

As I've said, I'm not going to post offers until shit is back on track, billing tickets are replied to, and tech is back to how it should be. But we are getting there, there are no billing tickets that haven't been replied to. Things are running much smoother now, which is great.

Thank you for the concern, but I won't let that happen.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Jord said:
    I've been kicking him to get things done.

Imagine a panda pulls up her feet and kicks a stick figure.

• " Jay does a little bit behind the scenes" - but still no statement here as announced...

Hey, guys, it's not like Jay / @seriesn doesn't give a flying f_ck about his customers "family", I'm quite confident that we can expect another selfie, and maybe even a statement with empty promises, within a year or so...

Seriously, I've had plenty enough of how Jay feels, what Jay (as a person) needs, that he might make yet another statement at some unknown point in times ("soon(TM)"), yada, yada.

How about for once giving a damn about his "family", about his paying customers?

Oh no, wait, in fact he even doesn't give a flying f_ck about the very person helping him (how else could I take his promise to make a statement "in a week" and not delivering - again - and such basically burning @Jord who tries to save Jay's a__?).

edited August 2022

@jsg said:
    Hey, guys, it's not like Jay / @seriesn doesn't give a flying f_ck about his customers "family", I'm quite confident that we can expect another selfie, and maybe even a statement with empty promises, within a year or so...

Seriously, I've had plenty enough of how Jay feels, what Jay (as a person) needs, that he might make yet another statement at some unknown point in times ("soon(TM)"), yada, yada.

How about for once giving a damn about his "family", about his paying customers?

Oh no, wait, in fact he even doesn't give a flying f_ck about the very person helping him (how else could I take his promise to make a statement "in a week" and not delivering - again - and such basically burning @Jord who tries to save Jay's a__?).

In all fairness, if he didn't give a flying fuck about his customers, then he could have easily sold or just given up, but no, he asked me to step in and help, so to me, that sounds like he does care, but needs some help for the time being,

I agree there hasn't been an announcement, and I'm not sticking up for him here; he should have done it; I will continue to make sure the customers are well looked after,

I don't see myself being burned here; I've been brought on to do a job, I'm doing that; let's focus on what matters here, the customers because they deserve better, which is what I'm going to give them.

I will get Jay to announce this properly, but until then, I will continue what I do best, looking after customers to make sure everyone is happy; I'm not happy until everyone is.

If anyone has any issues, please let me know; I will focus on getting things back to how they should be.

Thanked by 3Arkas ralf bikegremlin
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jord said:

@jsg said:

In all fairness, if he didn't give a flying fuck about his customers, then he could have easily sold or just given up ...

(a) IMO that would have been a cleaner solution.
    (b) so he wants to return it seems. Fine ... if there weren't a slight problem: (certainly not only I) will damn sure not just forget the clusterf_ck he created and his utter and total lack of credibility and reliability.
    I really liked and trusted Jay / @seriesn a lot, so much in fact that I worried about him and not about my VMs with NB for about a year. Now however a point has been reached where I do not care for him anymore; I care about us, the customers.

I will get Jay to announce this properly ...

If he still had some honour left in him there would be no need to "get him to [whatever]"; it would have been and be his own urgent wish to at the very least keep his "family" updated.

None of what I wrote is in any way targeted at you, let alone attacking you. I'm grateful for what you do, @Jord - as a customer, not because I still gave a flying f_ck about Jay and his empty promises.

Thanked by 2adly bulbasaur

@jsg said:

@Jord said:

@jsg said:

In all fairness, if he didn't give a flying fuck about his customers, then he could have easily sold or just given up ...

(a) IMO that would have been a cleaner solution.
    (b) so he wants to return it seems. Fine ... if there weren't a slight problem: (certainly not only I) will damn sure not just forget the clusterf_ck he created and his utter and total lack of credibility and reliability.
    I really liked and trusted Jay / @seriesn a lot, so much in fact that I worried about him and not about my VMs with NB for about a year. Now however a point has been reached where I do not care for him anymore; I care about us, the customers.

I will get Jay to announce this properly ...

If he still had some honour left in him there would be no need to "get him to [whatever]"; it would have been and be his own urgent wish to at the very least keep his "family" updated.

None of what I wrote is in any way targeted at you, let alone attacking you. I'm grateful for what you do, @Jord - as a customer, not because I still gave a flying f_ck about Jay and his empty promises.

You keep going on about worrying about the customers, but this is what I've been saying, this is what I'm here to do, is look after the customers, which is what I'm doing.

I'm unsure what else I can say here; customers are being looked after, which is the main thing.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but jeez, let's focus on the customers.

Thanked by 2Arkas ralf
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Jord said: I'm not sticking up for anyone, but jeez, let's focus on the customers.

Agreed with this, although also agree with @jsg to some degree, saying you're going to make an announcement and then bailing on that for however long it has been now since that "Monday" (again..) puts a bad taste in your mouth, whether a customer or an on-looker here.

He clearly doesn't seem to care enough to do that and then what else could that mean? I understand everything is paid for at the moment but how much control do you have if he decided to call it a day?

Making a short statement here would not have been that difficult back when you announced that he would do it, especially as it was looking a little more positive when people found out you had taken over and were helping, although leaving it this long to write a few sentences on a forum is not really good enough.

Thanked by 3adly bulbasaur Marx
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@iKeyZ said: He clearly doesn't seem to care enough to do that and then what else could that mean? I understand everything is paid for at the moment but how much control do you have if he decided to call it a day?

We don't know what is wrong with Jay. I, and perhaps a few others have figured out the type of problem he is facing, and if it is even close to this, then I completely understand that he can't, he mentally and physically can not make a post.

@Arkas said:

@iKeyZ said: He clearly doesn't seem to care enough to do that and then what else could that mean? I understand everything is paid for at the moment but how much control do you have if he decided to call it a day?

We don't know what is wrong with Jay. I, and perhaps a few others have figured out the type of problem he is facing, and if it is even close to this, then I completely understand that he can't, he mentally and physically can not make a post.

That's a big IF from my perspective, but granted, let's assume that your take is right. Why then did he wait so very long to put the everyday operations of NB into a trusted and competent friends hands, why had NB to dimple for so very long?

Had @seriesn handed over NB (day to day operation) into e.g. @Jord's hands much earlier, this thread wouldn't exist and (almost) nobody would be angry.

Thanked by 2Arkas adly
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Arkas said:

He seems OK. I finally had a talk with him not too long ago about my interest in taking things over, he respectfully declined.

Went on about making NB better, with blackjack, and hookers.

All the best to them. both @seriesn and @jord are great.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Hxxx Ouji maverick
  • HxxxHxxx Member

What a sense of humor. Had a good laugh @Francisco
    "Blackjack and hookers"

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco said: He seems OK. I finally had a talk with him not too long ago about my interest in taking things over, he respectfully declined.

Ok, that changes a lot of things. If he was able to talk to you and understand what is happening, then my theory is a no go.
    Perhaps people are right to complain in this case.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • As long as the VMs working, nobody can complain about issues.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said: Ok, that changes a lot of things. If he was able to talk to you and understand what is happening, then my theory is a no go.

We have no idea how much work he's doing at the NB side. Jord said he's giving him the ol' cow prod to get things sorted. I'll take his word on that -E

If I was in his shoes I wouldn't want to come deal with the raging mob when things aren't perfect yet. When things are humming along and he feels the brands where it should be, then he can make his return.

Look at it this way. The amount of documented issues is pretty low. A few node crashes, some bad hardware, some users waiting on server delivery. There isn't full locations offline with radio silence or anything like that.

Francisco

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@Arkas said: Ok, that changes a lot of things. If he was able to talk to you and understand what is happening, then my theory is a no go.

We have no idea how much work he's doing at the NB side. Jord said he's giving him the ol' cow prod to get things sorted. I'll take his word on that -E

If I was in his shoes I wouldn't want to come deal with the raging mob when things aren't perfect yet. When things are humming along and he feels the brands where it should be, then he can make his return.

Look at it this way. The amount of documented issues is pretty low. A few node crashes, some bad hardware, some users waiting on server delivery. There isn't full locations offline with radio silence or anything like that.

Francisco

Oh come on, what's the point of having a family without typical LET drama

NB is online with or without Jay, a paying customer should just care about that, anybody can have health or personal issues but if services are online and if inspite of having all the personal issues if services are online I guess client's should give them some space

Thanked by 1ralf

@HostEONS said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

NB is online with or without Jay, a paying customer should just care about that, anybody can have health or personal issues but if services are online and if inspite of having all the personal issues if services are online I guess client's should give them some space

In theory. In real life there were many customers who had not properly (or not at all) working VMs and tickets waiting for a response; some of those for weeks.

Plus humans being humans, a provider may well count on some slack but they'd be well advised to from time to time write a line or two. Plus, Jay / @seriesn announced multiple times an explanation, a statement but didn't deliver. To make things worse he repeated that sin via the very person who is trying to repair NB and to keep it alive (@Jord) and again didn't deliver.

Thanked by 3adly Arkas bulbasaur
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:

@HostEONS said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

In theory. In real life there were many customers who had not properly (or not at all) working VMs and tickets waiting for a response; some of those for weeks.

Plus humans being humans, a provider may well count on some slack but they'd be well advised to from time to time write a line or two. Plus, Jay / @seriesn announced multiple times an explanation, a statement but didn't deliver. To make things worse he repeated that sin via the very person who is trying to repair NB and to keep it alive (@Jord) and again didn't deliver.

But I assume this is now fixed, tickets are probably now being take care ?

But even after @Jord taking over and after such a long time if tickets are still not answered then it's understandable clients to still get mad, but if it's resolved then I think clients should not worry, moreover this is LET, always keep backup of backups as most of the providers here are one man show with a support team working for them but L2/L3 are mostly handled by the owner not the techs, so if something happens to the owner things can go wrong. But in this case at least @seriesn is trying to work out a solution so that his company stay afloat and client does not face issues.

It's possible that Jay is not able to post an explanation as he is probably not in a condition to give one, I hardly know any of them, but from my own personal experience in 2020 and 2021 I can say things can go wrong with anybody, I myself had undergone 6 surgeries in 2020-2021 but all I did is hired a L3 tech while I was not able to give my 100%, stayed away from all kind of sales and promotions and just tried my best to make sure existing clients don't suffer.

Thanked by 3Arkas ralf BHS