Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Jord said:
    Evening all, all is well, I hope we can get some nice deals for you soon

EntryBytes 3GB for $18/year?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2023

@Jord said:
    I’m not making any excuses for anyone, including Jay, this could have been handled better. I’ve known Jay for years. He’s always been upfront. Unfortunately health comes first, he asked if I could help him out while he gets better, I’m here for the customers, I hate seeing people having issues, there is no deadpooling here, all bills are paid for, I’m just here to help to make sure everyone has a fantastic service, scam free.

Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Trust has been broken, now it’s time for me to rebuild that, no one deserves a shitty service, that’s not us and it won’t be us, I’ll do everything I can to make things right.

has this changed since? the statement supposed to be released "next week" has spilled over the year. will this be the second drama for 2023?

will this be headed in direction a la @cociu ?

Thanked by 1adly
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@cybertech said:

@Jord said:
    I’m not making any excuses for anyone, including Jay, this could have been handled better. I’ve known Jay for years. He’s always been upfront. Unfortunately health comes first, he asked if I could help him out while he gets better, I’m here for the customers, I hate seeing people having issues, there is no deadpooling here, all bills are paid for, I’m just here to help to make sure everyone has a fantastic service, scam free.

Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Trust has been broken, now it’s time for me to rebuild that, no one deserves a shitty service, that’s not us and it won’t be us, I’ll do everything I can to make things right.

has this changed since? the statement supposed to be released "next week" has spilled over the year. will this be the second drama for 2023?

will this be headed in direction a la @cociu ?

I hope @seriesn will show up and say hello.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2023

NexusBites

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @miu said:
    Sure great (and one of the best possible) choice. Best and most stable VPS provider for storage what i know / imo is @LiteServer , never problem with them, working well like charm whole years (uptime is in years, no days), fast non-oversold storage nodes + RAID10 advantage
    (i got several times lost data on other storage VPSes or data corruption (especialy on parity raid systems - and with good providers: HostHatch, UltraVPS, CrownCLoud etc..))

best and reliable storage providers in my view is OVH , INTERSERVER , BUYVM

OVH : One ovh arm storage server france location (now discontinued) with 4tb disk still running good from last 8 years not a single problem

OVh kimsufi with 8tb storage running good from last 4 years

Interserver :smile: 4tb storage for my client backups running good from last 6 months not a single issue (best value of money only $10 for 4tb).

BUYVM as you know its always good never had any issues.

Always keep 2 copies of your backups in 2 different locations and i keep 3

Thanked by 2maverick msallak1
  • any news?

• yeah heaps, in the other thread

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited January 2023

Everytime I see this thread title I think how much it sucks for LiteServer to end up in the same line as "NexusBytes falling apart" even if non distinctive LiteServer part of review is positive.
    I know that op meant no harm, but still wondering what he was thinking to put those two companies in the same bag ...

The only bold part in the wall of text is "All my backup data - gone" with discussion about NexusBytes downfall and that's what the most people see here.

Maybe, just maybe it would have sense to replace "NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review" title with something like "NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer positive review". Little gesture, but in those circumstances big difference.

Thanked by 3yoursunny jsg adly
  • bdlbdl Member

@Mumbly said:

Maybe, just maybe it would have sense to replace "NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review" title with something like "NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer positive review". Little gesture, but in those circumstances big difference.

or even just "Nexusbytes / Smallweb falling apart"

• @jbiloh said: I hope @seriesn will show up and say hello.

He won't. He told @Jord that he would appear last year to update the community but that never happened. It sure as hell won't just suddenly happen now.

• @Marx said:

@jbiloh said: I hope @seriesn will show up and say hello.

He won't. He told @Jord that he would appear last year to update the community but that never happened. It sure as hell won't just suddenly happen now.

Maybe next monday?

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @MGarbis said:
    Maybe next monday?

Oh, that elusive next monday. I hope some day this mythical monday actually appears, and that I am still around to experience it.

• edited January 2023

@jbiloh said:
    I hope @seriesn will show up and say hello.

With respect, how many times are you going to say this? I recall at least 3 times now.
    Also "hello" isn't what people would want anyway, it's "I'm so f'ing sorry, here is your money back", but of course that's not going to happen and yet for some reason he'll continue to have a shield purely because he used the words "fam" with lots of hearts.
    This whole case is a text-book case of what is a dereliction of duty to his clientele, some may even say it borders on being fraudulent when you've knowingly accepted orders when the servers are going to go "POP" due to non-payment to your suppliers.

Thanked by 2msallak1 suyadi92
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said:
    Everytime I see this thread title I think how much it sucks for LiteServer to end up in the same line as "NexusBytes falling apart" even if non distinctive LiteServer part of review is positive.
    I know that op meant no harm, but still wondering what he was thinking to put those two companies in the same bag ...

The only bold part in the wall of text is "All my backup data - gone" with discussion about NexusBytes downfall and that's what the most people see here.

My basic intention was to note that there were not only bad news (NB seeming to fall apart) but also good news (I found an alternative 1 TB storage box/provider and it's really nice and good). A side intention albeit with little hope was to give NB a serious wake-up call to get his stuff in order.

But you are right and I do support your proposition to change the title to "NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer positive review". Btw my (now somewhat longer) experience with LiteServer was consistently positive and I recommend them. So making that clear in the title is really justified.

Knowing what we know today I can clearly state: Its owner massacred NB and even burned the friend who tried hard to save NB. However, and unrelated, my experience, both with @LiteServer as a provider and with my VPS there is very positive.

• @jsg said:
    My basic intention was to note that there were not only bad news (NB seeming to fall apart) but also good news (I found an alternative 1 TB storage box/provider and it's really nice and good). A side intention albeit with little hope was to give NB a serious wake-up call to get his stuff in order.

Where did you get a new storage from?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@MGarbis said:

@jsg said:

Where did you get a new storage from?

Uhm, from @LiteServer

Thanked by 2LiteServer MGarbis
  • @drizbo said: 8 employees + a boss?

even I was surprised to know that Nexusbytes has/had 8 employees and still no one used to answer tech support tickets for 1 to 2 weeks. Since the performance of hosting was good, I kept but now in Feb, when it will be for renewal I'll migrate.

• Has anyone uses SmallWeb? my directAdmin panel also down, is it just me or you guys experiencing same problem?

• @suyadi92 said:
    Has anyone uses SmallWeb? my directAdmin panel also down, is it just me or you guys experiencing same problem?

Smallweb is a part of Nexus

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @AuroraZero said:
    Smallweb is a part of Nexus

That's unfortunate, for me

• i have one reseller plan ( SG - PSG1 ) and I have moved to other provider... ,

• dang, I was late to know about this.. I don't have the newest backup, also I just paid 1-year invoice just 3 months ago.. and now NB is gone. what can I do?? :s

• @klarkkent said:
    dang, I was late to know about this.. I don't have the newest backup, also I just paid 1-year invoice just 3 months ago.. and now NB is gone. what can I do?? :s

Forget and move on.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • yeah I think so, they don't even give any announcements or something

Thanked by 1abdurrakib
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@klarkkent said:
    dang, I was late to know about this.. I don't have the newest backup, also I just paid 1-year invoice just 3 months ago.. and now NB is gone. what can I do?? :s

If your server disappears, then you should be able to chargeback if you paid via PayPal or CC

• @Advin said:

@klarkkent said:

If your server disappears, then you should be able to chargeback if you paid via PayPal or CC

ah thanks for the advice.. I will try it.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • My server is down or has died. Potentially lost months of work. Their site is down. How can I contact them?

• @rolandscriven said:
    My server is down or has died. Potentially lost months of work. Their site is down. How can I contact them?

My servers gone too, that end?

• Its gone, it won't come back.

• Yep, gone here too, since yesterday afternoon (UTC). Thank God we obviously had backups, but we still lost some data, and still had to recreate everything from the ground up.

Wondering why no forenotice was sent. Did not receive anything in my emails, neither did my client. It seems other people are in this situation too. The automatic billing did work, though.

Wasn't there a Ford guy or something who said "Jay is fine" in late December?

Anyway... Now we are going the GeoDNS route with multiple servers at multiple providers.