Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• @RecD said:

@ezeth said: I have no idea on what to improve on for next offering if you guys even think there should be another one?

I am interested in Ryzen OVZ7 deals at the same level cheap price.

The servers they use should have been depreciated to zero. Ryzen? maybe 5years later...

• @ezeth said:

@edip said:
    FYI, New Client Area > Support > Create New takes me back to Welcome page.

Call it a feature. I prefer email :D

With a ticket system I know at least that my request has been received which is not the case when there is no auto-responder acknowledging receipt of my e-mail. Or is there? I haven't received one.

And on that note, how many days do you want people to wait for an initial reply to their query before they may contact you again?

• AractusAractus Member
    edited February 2022

Hello Boomer Host can you provide for me the following IP address?

A+R (1+18) . A+C (1+3) . T + U (20+21) . S (19)

I think it looks really nice and it will be easy for me to remember. So long as I don't change my pseudonym in the next 20 years. Which I might and then you would have to get me the appropriate IP for my handle. According to my research it's owned by some foreign manufacturing company in America called the "Ford Motor Company" I'm not sure they have LLC or not? I don't think it's being used and they don't sound like a tech company so I would like you to get it for me it shouldn't be difficult.

If I can't have that IP I would also be happy with 19.4.4.19.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Aractus said:
    Hello Boomer Host can you provide for me the following IP address?

A+R (1+18) . A+C (1+3) . T + U (20+21) . S (19)

I think it looks really nice and it will be easy for me to remember. So long as I don't change my pseudonym in the next 20 years. Which I might and then you would have to get me the appropriate IP for my handle. According to my research it's owned by some foreign manufacturing company in America called the "Ford Motor Company" I'm not sure they have LLC or not? I don't think it's being used and they don't sound like a tech company so I would like you to get it for me it shouldn't be difficult.

Ford Motor Company assigns their IPs to Ford F150 trucks.
    The only way to get an IP is buying one of these bad boys.

1978 Ford F150

• Oh so they make motor vehicles? I was thinking they made conveyor belts or something!

Thanks for letting me know. BoomerHost should have no problem with getting the IP address I want if all they have to do is by a ute! They probably need one anyway so they can move stuff around and hoon about like normal Texans.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @yoursunny said:

Ford Motor Company assigns their IPs to Ford F150 trucks.
    The only way to get an IP is buying one of these bad boys.

1978 Ford F150

@FrankZ said:

randomq said: WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

My Ford Diesel Truck did not come with IPv6 :disappointed:

• My request is probably too premium a low-end IP probably looks more like 198.141.48.219? :'( I could never remember such a complicated number, and it's also ugly. I would probably spend hours and hours trying to SSH into the wrong number if I had that.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2022

@Aractus said:
    My request is probably too premium a low-end IP probably looks more like 198.141.48.219? :'( I could never remember such a complicated number, and it's also ugly. I would probably spend hours and hours trying to SSH into the wrong number if I had that.

DNS should solve that issue. aractus.xyz is currently available for $.99
    That should not be too hard to remember. :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1SinV
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

You can also have ssh config and just do ssh server

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@ezeth said: The most requested improvements are PayPal and crypto payment gateway

Do you now offer PP for payments?

• install docker?

• @KENTKING said:
    install docker?

OVZ machines offered by Boomer.host support docker.
    I am currently using it.

• @RecD said:

@KENTKING said:
    install docker?

OVZ machines offered by Boomer.host support docker.
    I am currently using it.

Okey~thanks

• @PandoGulf said:
    Can you offer less specs for less value ? 0.25g ram or 0.128 g for example.. that would be fun 😊

And NATd IPs too to reduce cost even further. Like gullo 1 dollar VPS.

@jmaxwell said:

@PandoGulf said:
    Can you offer less specs for less value ? 0.25g ram or 0.128 g for example.. that would be fun 😊

Less specs? Hmm. You know yesterday I was thinking. Why don't I just include 4 vcores with every plan? Just like I allocate 500 Mbps I could allocate 4 vcores that you can make use of for bursty loads. It should make no difference for me as a provider but provide all the better user experience.

It would still be fair share and constant usage of 1 core just like constant usage of 100 Mbps would be quite the abuse. A limit like CPU time should be implemented just like you have bandwidth limits

• @ezeth said:

@jmaxwell said:

@PandoGulf said:

Less specs? Hmm. You know yesterday I was thinking. Why don't I just include 4 vcores with every plan? Just like I allocate 500 Mbps I could allocate 4 vcores that you can make use of for bursty loads. It should make no difference for me as a provider but provide all the better user experience.

It would still be fair share and constant usage of 1 core just like constant usage of 100 Mbps would be quite the abuse. A limit like CPU time should be implemented just like you have bandwidth limits

Go ahead

• Also interested in cpu time limit offer!

• `# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2021-12-28

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Wed Feb 9 12:36:53 EST 2022

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3600.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 2.0 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 24.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 10.99 MB/s (2.7k) 53.89 MB/s (842)
    Write 10.99 MB/s (2.7k) 54.34 MB/s (849)
    Total 21.98 MB/s (5.4k) 108.23 MB/s (1.6k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 77.21 MB/s (150) 112.03 MB/s (109)
    Write 81.31 MB/s (158) 119.49 MB/s (116)
    Total 158.52 MB/s (308) 231.52 MB/s (225)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 99.7 Mbits/sec | 206 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 89.1 Mbits/sec | 228 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 96.7 Mbits/sec | 231 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 85.6 Mbits/sec | 153 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 96.1 Mbits/sec | 224 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 95.6 Mbits/sec | 253 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 58.9 Mbits/sec | 38.0 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 119 Mbits/sec | 136 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 82.4 Mbits/sec | 200 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 84.6 Mbits/sec | 177 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | busy | 194 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 79.5 Mbits/sec | 172 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 79.3 Mbits/sec | 230 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 89.5 Mbits/sec | 243 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 516
    Multi Core | 491`

Results after i got it activated, port speeds seem to be limited but I could be mistaken

• @ezeth about the old vps in https://my.boomer.host/, may I ask when the vps management panel access is expected to resume? thanks :D

edited February 2022

@hotsnow said:
    @ezeth about the old vps in https://my.boomer.host/, may I ask when the vps management panel access is expected to resume? thanks :D

I don't know! Backlog is huge. 5 tickets, plus I need to implement mailing for those who forgot their password and for those who don't navigate to services > vps to see their VPS is there after ordering it.

I'm super busy too and I haven't been able to follow the scheduled support time, 8AM-10AM. (like buying a dell ultra sharp, and watching YouTube while the to do pile grows bigger)

I think I can do it by next month. I will retire my and move everyone to my2

At least it's nothing major. All services are operational. Your VPS is safu

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @ezeth said:

I think I can do it by next month. I will retire my and move everyone to my2

At least it's nothing major. All services are operational. Your VPS is safu

thanks, yep, vps is ok, just can't reinstall/resetpassord etc :p

• Will boomer have kvm vps in the future?

• my vps offline now, and can't startup from panel, how to open ticket on new panel?

• You have an issue with the "forget your password" function.. I'm trying to reset my account password since yesterday but not receiving the reset email ( Shared detailed via DM).

• Anyone want the $10 a year VPS? Willing to transfer.

@simplenow said:
    my vps offline now, and can't startup from panel, how to open ticket on new panel?

Try now!

It was my fault. I've set net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 to 1 and that failed to assign it an IP once it rebooted

@PandoGulf said:
    You have an issue with the "forget your password" function.. I'm trying to reset my account password since yesterday but not receiving the reset email ( Shared detailed via DM).

Yes, I'm aware see. I'll send you a pw reset

@ezeth said:

@hotsnow said:
    @ezeth about the old vps in https://my.boomer.host/, may I ask when the vps management panel access is expected to resume? thanks :D

I need to implement mailing for those who forgot their password

@clan said:
    Will boomer have kvm vps in the future?

No

Thanked by 2PandoGulf simplenow
  • Hi @ezeth, thanks for the provided code. Can you tell me why the phone number is required for the registration, and is it possible to create an account without providing it? Real IP should be more than enough to stop a potential abuse.

@oriend said: Can you tell me why the phone number is required for the registration, and is it possible to create an account without providing it?

We intend to force SMS 2FA in the future, and also use it for password reset to make it more secure

• oriendoriend Member
    edited February 2022

Consider TOTP apps as they are more secured than SMS. Anyway, is it possible to create the account without the phone number?

• TocToc Member
    edited February 2022

@ezeth said:

@oriend said: Can you tell me why the phone number is required for the registration, and is it possible to create an account without providing it?

We intend to force SMS 2FA in the future, and also use it for password reset to make it more secure

Is GV OK for that? Don't want to receive too many messages on phone

This discussion has been closed.