Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@RapToN said: If you offer something and there are problems

Most of the people are asking for control panel access. I sent out an email before, and told people in discord that this would take longer and it's best that they prepare their server to automatically start the services they need after the migration.

They can still access SSH and manage the server, just not reinstall it for now

There is no major outage

@RapToN said: Even if that means a 14h or more working day. I'm sure other hosters here do the same when there are problems.

>

I don't agree. If you put in 14h a day then you'll grow tired of it, and get burnt out. You'll end up shutting down your business leaving all the customers in an even worse place. But yeah again if you need urget support there's a support add-on that's heavily subsidised. All issues related to control panel access will be resolved by this or next month as the process of migrating this is manual.

• @ezeth said:
    I don't agree. If you put in 14h a day then you'll grow tired of it, and get burnt out. You'll end up shutting down your business leaving all the customers in an even worse place.

quoted for future reference

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ezeth said:

@cybertech said: this sounds like a hobby to me.

I wouldn't say it's a hobby but it's not something that puts food on the table. The time I allocate is reflected in that.

i would love to work just 2 hrs a day boss, good luck

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:

@RapToN said: If you offer something and there are problems

Most of the people are asking for control panel access. I sent out an email before, and told people in discord that this would take longer and it's best that they prepare their server to automatically start the services they need after the migration.

They can still access SSH and manage the server, just not reinstall it for now

There is no major outage

I agree an outage would be significantly worse.

But still, I would categorize it as a high priority if customers can't log in to administer their service.

@ezeth said:
    I don't agree. If you put in 14h a day then you'll grow tired of it, and get burnt out. You'll end up shutting down your business leaving all the customers in an even worse place. But yeah again if you need urget support there's a support add-on that's heavily subsidised. All issues related to control panel access will be resolved by this or next month as the process of migrating this is manual.

I've been doing this for two different companies for just under 10 years. Of course, this also has to do with how often you get into such a situation, but I can assure you that it also happened to me more often than I would have liked in the first few years, but I survived it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Part-time Provider or Half-arsed Provider. You guys decide.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Work don't stop, grind don't stop.

• I just want login details for the new node... Never received email after migration. I'm still waiting for ticket reply.

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited February 2022

@PandoGulf said:
    Thank you for taking the time to resolve, hope this issue with the reset password get fixed soon..

@ezeth

• @ezeth said:

@TimboJones said: No, he's specifically saying he can't even be bothered to put in two hours of work a day.

Where did I say that?

Read what I've quoted you as saying. Jesus Christ. You say you will not put in more than two hours and you also said you fuck around with less important shit instead of following supposed support hours. If you were an employee, you'd be fired.

You're not even 1/10th of HostDoc. This is just not going to end well for anyone if you're not making money nor incentivized to run a good business. You certainly can't grow and take on profitable customers if you don't have a track record of being reliable.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Astro
    edited February 2022

@TimboJones said: Read what I've quoted you as saying. Jesus Christ.

I think it's you who should read what I quoted you.

@TimboJones said: You say you will not put in more than two hours

Indeed, however that's not what you said.

@TimboJones said:
    No, he's specifically saying he can't even be bothered to put in two hours of work a day.

You claimed I didn't put in two hours of work.

@TimboJones said:
    and you also said you fuck around with less important shit instead of following supposed support hours.

Again "Read what I've quoted you as saying."

@ezeth said: That I would watch YouTube and do shopping instead was just a joke. You guys expect everything to happen quickly even when you're paying 3.5USD/yr for a vps, or even got it for free. So I gave you the line you wanted to hear just to see how you would react

edited February 2022

@PandoGulf said:
    Can you offer less specs for less value ? 0.25g ram or 0.128 g for example.. that would be fun ๐Ÿ˜Š

0.128G VPS? Hmm. What about 0.064G?

If we're going to go low-end let's do it for real!

And what price are we doing?

@jmaxwell said:

@PandoGulf said:
    Can you offer less specs for less value ? 0.25g ram or 0.128 g for example.. that would be fun ๐Ÿ˜Š

Like gullo 1 dollar VPS.

Oh okay 1 USD

• @ezeth said:

@TimboJones said: Read what I've quoted you as saying. Jesus Christ.

I think it's you who should read what I quoted you.

Hello, McFly?!?

@TimboJones said: You say you will not put in more than two hours

Indeed, however that's not what you said.

What? You're not making any effort to clarify anything here, just reiterating you're intentionally limiting your support.

@TimboJones said:
    No, he's specifically saying he can't even be bothered to put in two hours of work a day.

You claimed I didn't put in two hours of work.

I didn't claim that, you fucking did. You think by saying you couldn't be bothered to work a two hour support window that implies you worked outside these hours is insane.

@TimboJones said:
    and you also said you fuck around with less important shit instead of following supposed support hours.

Again "Read what I've quoted you as saying."

@ezeth said: That I would watch YouTube and do shopping instead was just a joke. You guys expect everything to happen quickly even when you're paying 3.5USD/yr for a vps, or even got it for free. So I gave you the line you wanted to hear just to see how you would react

Fuck, you are obtuse. You argue that you have self-awareness but try and claim making a joke that intentionally is flamebait against your own fucking customers!

Dumpster fire.

edited February 2022

@TimboJones said: I didn't claim that, you fucking did

Sir. I claimed I didn't put in more than two hours per day.

• Well sense you wanna ignore the ticket and my three messages here on lowendsupport about my non existent service after migration. I'll just start a charge back. boomer host, I got exactly what I expected...

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • Boomer gonna boom

• @ezeth said:

@TimboJones said: I didn't claim that, you fucking did

Sir. I claimed I didn't put in more than two hours per day.

What are you smoking? I really need to know lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

• can someone tell me does boomer host vps has solusvm or similar panel to manage vps, or is everything by ssh commands only? the plans looks like giving a try.

• @JasonM said:
    can someone tell me does boomer host vps has solusvm or similar panel to manage vps, or is everything by ssh commands only? the plans looks like giving a try.

mine come with virtualizor panel

• edited February 2022

@JasonM
    I'd avoid Boomer.host.
    1. e2eth haven't reach out to all 10 prize-winners. How long would it take to drop a message to 10 people like "I've been pretty busy repairing the servers, and your prize will be delivered by next month. Thanks for your patience.". No, nothing whatsoever, while he is active in blaming his customers and boasting his long-hour support.

1. Not to mention his attitude about low-end products, arrogance, and incompetence. Just scroll back this thread and this, and you may well think twice before choose it.

Anyway, decide at your own risk.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 2022

@ask_seek_knock said:
    2. Not to mention his attitude about low-end products, arrogance, and incompetence. Just scroll back this thread and this, and you may well think twice before choose it.

You need to get better at linking to comments.
    One links to quote form that is hard to read, the other links to top of page far from the discussion about this provider.

To obtain a link to a comment:

1. Look for the datetime link just below commenter's username.
      It looks like "February 12" or "08:25AM".
    2. Right click (on desktop) or long tap (on mobile) and select "copy link".
    3. Check that the link looks like https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3377767/#Comment_3377767 - it should have the same number at third path component and in the anchor.

To obtain a link to the main post of a thread:

1. If the thread already has 2 or more pages, use the link "1" in the pager.
    2. If the thread has only 1 page, use the datetime link at the main post (see next step to ensure your link goes to the first page instead of the last page).
    3. Check that the link looks like https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176916/boomer-host-is-back-amazing-new-deals-on-ssd-vps-from-4-95-year-with-dedicated-ipv4-64-ipv6/p1 - it should have p1 at the end, and no #latest or other anchor text.
      If /p1 isn't there, write it manually.
  • @ezeth said:

@PandoGulf said:

0.128G VPS? Hmm. What about 0.064G?

If we're going to go low-end let's do it for real!

And what price are we doing?

@jmaxwell said:

@PandoGulf said:

Like gullo 1 dollar VPS.

Oh okay 1 USD

Yeah with a shared IP or IPv6 only

• Oh okay 1 USD

I believe it's unreasonable to collect small payments
    128MB/1GB disk, 16 incoming ports NAT on shared IP + IPv6/124 = $10 / 5Years
    64MB/1GB disk, 8 incoming ports NAT on shared IP + IPv6/125 = $5 / 4Years

@Vladgh said:

Oh okay 1 USD

I believe it's unreasonable to collect small payments
    128MB/1GB disk, 16 incoming ports NAT on shared IP + IPv6/124 = $10 / 5Years
    64MB/1GB disk, 8 incoming ports NAT on shared IP + IPv6/125 = $5 / 4Years

I don't agree with this. I actually plan to remove yearly plan options by the next renewal date in favour of quarterly payment plans.

having a minimum deposit of 5 USD makes more sense I think

• How about hourly billing or daily billing?

• Isn't OVZ7 old technology? More current version available?
    Hence your low priced

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@melp57 said: More current version available?

Yeah. I commented on this before. 4.18, 5.14 kernel for OpenVZ is out

Thanked by 1melp57
  • @ezeth said:

Thanks, didn't see. Is this a problem, or depending on what you use it for?

edited February 2022

I've tried both OpenVZ 8, and OpenVZ 9 with the new 5.14 kernel and both of these work some what fine. OpenVZ 8 with kernel 4.18 works without issues, though the 5.14 kernel is quite annoying to get to work. Preferably you would get a RHEL 9 OS, then install the packages and build custom kernel for OpenVZ 9

https://src.openvz.org/projects/OVZ/repos/vzkernel/commits?until=refs/heads/branch-rh9-5.14.vz9.1.x-ovz&merges=include

Yes I tried this and built it. It worked but I don't think it's production ready. I really don't want to have to deal with any bugs so I stick with the good old trusty kernel 3.10 with wireguard kernel mod

OpenVZ works with swap also. I've just disabled it because I don't want to have swap

Found it

Thanked by 1kaz050457
    edited February 2022

@melp57 said:

@ezeth said:

Thanks, didn't see. Is this a problem, or depending on what you use it for?

The main reason is that I want stability. I see no reason to go for the latest kernel. 4.18, centos 8 is stable sure but centos 7 won't EOL until 2024

It's also in alpha. Last alpha they dropped support for it

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth IPv6 and Virtualizor access are broken for more than two weeks now. As I'm not receiving any more responses to my ticket: When can we expect both to be restored?
    Thank you.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
This discussion has been closed.