Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6 - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host is back! Amazing NEW DEALS on SSD VPS. From $4.95/YEAR with Dedicated IPv4 & /64 IPv6

Comments

• @ezeth said:
    I'm super busy too and I haven't been able to follow the scheduled support time, 8AM-10AM. (like buying a dell ultra sharp, and watching YouTube while the to do pile grows bigger)

Wow. You don't seem to have self-awareness at all.

At least it's nothing major. All services are operational. Your VPS is safu

What's this now? Sad and fucking useless?

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@TimboJones said: seem to have self-awareness at all.

I don't know about that. I'm very committed to not spend more than 2 hours a day on boomer.host. Though I haven't been able to do it within 8AM-10AM recently. It's my support schedule, and it wasn't quite enough when migrating 800 VMs so it's taking a bit longer to get control panel access.

• @ezeth said:

I don't know about that. I'm very committed to not spend more than 2 hours a day on boomer.host. Though I haven't been able to do it within 8AM-10AM recently. It's my support schedule, and it wasn't quite enough when migrating 800 VMs so it's taking a bit longer to get control panel access.

Can I get a refund for my VM?

edited February 2022

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

Can I get a refund for my VM?

No we got no refund policy
    https://www.iubenda.com/terms-and-conditions/52582126

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • 2-hour support time per day? are your services that robust?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @cybertech said:
    2-hour support time per day? are your services that robust?

Made me laugh

• This thread is history in the making.

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • jugganutsjugganuts Member
    edited February 2022

You hadn't answered my ticket in days about my migration from old node/panel to the one and my vps is still offline with no access. 2 hours of support a day sounds about right..

edited February 2022

@jugganuts said: You hadn't answered my ticket in days

I answered every single ticket yesterday?

Oldest ticket is: 1d15h27m40s

There's one 5 day old one

There's other tickets too but none of these have active services.

I need to look through this but 1133 VMs are online

I started the migration on the 8th I think this ticket must be before then, possibly from the network outage that happened a few days before

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cybertech said:
    2-hour support time per day? are your services that robust?

Average 2-hour @uptime per day, because you need to put your boobs heart on the server for it to run.

Thanked by 2Astro idleparty
  • Anyone else lost ipv6 connectivity ?

edited February 2022

@emperor said:
    Anyone else lost ipv6 connectivity ?

Yes your /128 is not working because the /64 I had on the old server isn't routed to the new one yet. For now you'll have to use IPv4 only

• @ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Yes your /128 is not working because the /64 I had on the old server isn't routed to the new one yet. For now you'll have to use IPv4 only

Maybe it’s time to switch from 2 hrs to 6 hrs a day of support.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

• But but i think my ipv6 is x.x.x::/64, also the vm is on my2 not the old one.

• @ezeth said:

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

Mine is $10 a year. Does that work?

• @ezeth said:

@jugganuts said: You hadn't answered my ticket in days

I answered every single ticket yesterday?

Oldest ticket is: 1d15h27m40s

There's one 5 day old one

There's other tickets too but none of these have active services.

I need to look through this but 1133 VMs are online

I started the migration on the 8th I think this ticket must be before then, possibly from the network outage that happened a few days before

That'll be ticket 1,142.

• @PandoGulf said:
    You have an issue with the "forget your password" function.. I'm trying to reset my account password since yesterday but not receiving the reset email ( Shared detailed via DM).

Yes, I'm aware see. I'll send you a pw reset

Thank you for taking the time to resolve, hope this issue get fixed soon..

• @ezeth said:

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

You have a 3.5USD/yr one too? Where?

• @jmaxwell said:

@ezeth said:

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

You have a 3.5USD/yr one too? Where?

I would like to get one please. :blush:

• @jugganuts said:
    You hadn't answered my ticket in days about my migration from old node/panel to the one and my vps is still offline with no access. 2 hours of support a day sounds about right..

No, he's specifically saying he can't even be bothered to put in two hours of work a day. And rather than say he's doing something else more important, he chose to say he'd rather fuck around than work. But I mean, this is only red flag number 27.

• @ezeth said:

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

So you see the problem, now?

• @TimboJones said:

@ezeth said:

@Astro said:

@ezeth said:

@emperor said:

Not for 3.5USD/yr

So you see the problem, now?

Bet ya he doesn't

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Btw, @ezeth , you should put no Support at all condition for $3.5/year VPS on order page.

• yeah was really stunned when reading the OP stating support is 8am-10am. thought it was typo and should be 10pm instead.

this sounds like a hobby to me.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cybertech said:
    yeah was really stunned when reading the OP stating support is 8am-10am. thought it was typo and should be 10pm instead.

Gullo sells $1~2 service and he does 4 hours of support every day including Christmas.
    Boomer needs to learn from Gullo.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @yoursunny said:

@cybertech said:
    yeah was really stunned when reading the OP stating support is 8am-10am. thought it was typo and should be 10pm instead.

Gullo sells $1~2 service and he does 4 hours of support every day including Christmas.
    Boomer needs to learn from Gullo.

He considers 5 tickets as huge backlog, do you think he has time to learn? :D
    He is super busy with dell ultra sharp these days!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ok i am glad I use it only for wireguard

edited February 2022

@TimboJones said: No, he's specifically saying he can't even be bothered to put in two hours of work a day.

Where did I say that?

I said that I haven't been able to follow the support schedule, I do still put in the 2 hours a day.

That I would watch YouTube and do shopping instead was just a joke. You guys expect everything to happen quickly even when you're paying 3.5USD/yr for a vps, or even got it for free. So I gave you the line you wanted to hear just to see how you would react

For example for the VPS migration I couldn't do it between 8AM-10AM.

You guys do know that there is a paid, subsidised support add-on too if you need urgent support?

@nvme said: He considers 5 tickets as huge backlog, do you think he has time to learn?

Indeed. Though there's 5 tickets, and 10+ emails along with other issues that needs to be resolved. All of these takes a lot of time.

It's not like there's only tickets/emails. Other things come up all the time, like the need to make scripts, or other configuration issues.

Migrate all VMs, give them a unique new ID.
    numberwow=1200
    for i in cat /root/vms2 | awk '{print $1}'|egrep -v '^0$'; \
    do echo "Container $i"; numberwow=$((numberwow+1)); vzmigrate --online --dry-run --new-id=$numberwow -r no root@boomer $i; done

Start all VMs
    for i in cat /root/vms | awk '{print $1}'|egrep -v '^0$'; \
    do echo "Container $i"; vzctl start $i; done

Where /root/vms is the output of vzlist.

@yoursunny said: Gullo sells $1~2 service and he does 4 hours of support every day including Christmas.

Of course I won't do more than two hours of support per day. I have other things to do too and the 3.5USD/yr, free VPS for a year isn't paying for anything. I need to have some free time too. I can't work for 14 hours a day or more or I would burn myself out.

@cybertech said: this sounds like a hobby to me.

I wouldn't say it's a hobby but it's not something that puts food on the table. The time I allocate is reflected in that.

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@ezeth said:
    Of course I won't do more than two hours of support per day. I have other things to do too and the 3.5USD/yr, free VPS for a year isn't paying for anything. I need to have some free time too. I can't work for 14 hours a day or more or I would burn myself out.

If you offer something and there are problems, you should be ready to invest the time. Even if that means a 14h or more working day. I'm sure other hosters here do the same when there are problems.

From my point of view this has absolutely nothing to do with the price. No one here is asking for help setting up their server.

This discussion has been closed.