Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reasonable? Cancellation of service requires 30 days' notice. - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

reasonable? Cancellation of service requires 30 days' notice.

Comments

• All rights, I will pay the bill, My idiot behavior made me fall into this trap then I should paid it. But the 30 days cancellation notice's terms is reasonable? the users have the "cancellation right" in the first day only, to decide whether to terminate, otherwise user must pay for two months! Why not tell the user that the minimum usage period is two months directly? Is this reasonable from the user's end?
    in my eyes, provider seem prepared the standard answers, i think I'm not first, also not the last.
    provider have whether set a trap?
    People have fair judgments.
    Thanks all.

• I'm not sure about the others, but my choice is to stay away from the services that don't even care about UX design

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

14 days. It’s 14 days.
    I know you are generally a dishonest person as evidenced, but please, stop twisting the facts to fit your narrative.

Many people already said it many times.

14 days in practise < the usual 30 days that majority of others are asking.

We ask for 14 days instead of the 30 you agreed to and you still can’t stomach it.

• @forgetm said:
    All rights, I will pay the bill, My idiot behavior made me fall into this trap then I should paid it. But the 30 days cancellation notice's terms is reasonable? the users have the "cancellation right" in the first day only, to decide whether to terminate, otherwise user must pay for two months! Why not tell the user that the minimum usage period is two months directly? Is this reasonable from the user's end?
    in my eyes, provider seem prepared the standard answers, i think I'm not first, also not the last.
    Thanks all.

Actually if you cancel within first 15 days, then you don’t pay for the second month as @Clouvider has more lenient policy of issuing invoice for the next month 14 days in advance.

if you have actually read TOS, then you would have known that you may need to pay for minimum of two months. Why blame provider for this?

Most of providers charge setup fees where you can cancel anytime. Either way you will end up paying extra charges.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

Bottom line

Read the terms and conditions

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:
    All rights, I will pay the bill, My idiot behavior made me fall into this trap then I should paid it. But the 30 days cancellation notice's terms is reasonable? the users have the "cancellation right" in the first day only, to decide whether to terminate, otherwise user must pay for two months! Why not tell the user that the minimum usage period is two months directly? Is this reasonable from the user's end?
    Thanks all.

Actually if you cancel within first 15 days, then you don’t pay for the second month as @Clouvider has more lenient policy of issuing invoice for the next month 14 days in advance.

if you have actually read TOS, then you would have known that you may need to pay for minimum of two months. Why blame provider for this?

Most of providers charge setup fees where you can cancel anytime. Either way you will end up paying extra charges.

as their said "you have agreed the terms", the 14 days notice haven't written in TOS, how you guarantee they will follow the "14 days notice" to approve? all discuss should be based on the TOS. These are not the things written in TOS, and I don't believe them anymore.

• @forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:
    Thanks all.

as their said "you have agreed the terms", the 14 days notice haven't written in TOS, how you guarantee they will follow the "14 days notice" to approve? all discuss should be based on the TOS. These are not the things written in TOS, and I don't believe them anymore.

14 days is their policy BETTER than TOS. And no one can guarantee that.

As a customer, you have “agreed” for 30 days cancellation period.

Next time, Read and understand the TOS.

edited November 2021

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:
    Thanks all.

If all discussion should be based on the TOS, as you say, then you should have paid the bill, then not post your Google review fraudulently claiming arbitrary charges, as well as not start the sorry drama thread on LET.

• @forgetm said:
    I don't believe them anymore.

says the person who has faked the address profile

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

"Maxmind with 0.28% risk score",
    everything they don't want, they will said fake. And you just follow blindly.

• @forgetm said:
    All rights, I will pay the bill, My idiot behavior made me fall into this trap then I should paid it. But the 30 days cancellation notice's terms is reasonable?

It’s reasonable and legal. If you don’t like the terms, you don’t buy, same as any other contract you enter into.

the users have the "cancellation right" in the first day only, to decide whether to terminate, otherwise user must pay for two months! Why not tell the user that the minimum usage period is two months directly? Is this reasonable from the user's end?

Because, believe it or not, you are not entitled to be spoon-fed all relevant information about the contract you entered. If you can’t find find/understand the information you need, then you either raise a ticket and ask, or you don’t enter into the contract, like any sensible person.

I’m sure you’re not the first. Unreasonably, a lot of people seem to (mistakenly) believe that providers advertising on LET all have the same terms. I’m sure Dom has dealt with similar complaints many, many times before.

There is no trap of anyone’s making but your own - its your assumptions and sense of entitlement that got you here.

• @forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

is your address profile fake or not?

Yes or No

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yes in my heart. No in reality.

• @dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

Yes or No

please go to ask Maxmind the fake address why giving low risk score.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

Yes or No

We got the answer.
    You have fake address profile

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

Yes or No

How about you provide a screenshot of your profile.

Hint: address line 1 and 2 has exactly two characters - HK
    Post code is zeroes. Phone number is all zeroes.

There’s no personal info there, shouldn’t be a problem for the OP to post it. OP before you change it note that we have already taken the screenshot.

• @Clouvider said:

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

@dev_vps said:

@forgetm said:

Yes or No

How about you provide a screenshot of your profile.

Hint: address line 1 and 2 has exactly two characters - HK
    Post code is zeroes. Phone number is all zeroes.

There’s no personal info there, shouldn’t be a problem for the OP to post it. OP before you change it note that we have already taken the screenshot.

You're walking into a trap by entertaining the dude. You already said everything that needed saying. From that point on - /thread

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I am startin' to think that it's a bad idea to accuse someone that he smells when yourself smells pretty badly.

I know it's common sense and all but who has common sense nowadays?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

This marks the end of Entertainment Episode 2
    Episode title - Fake Profile

We will know tomorrow if there is Episode 3
    title - Read and Learn

• Out of interest @Clouvider , if someone was to buy a dedicated server and then cancel the next day, would they be expected to pay again?

Also does this 30 day policy, also apply to cloud services?

edited November 2021

@noobjockeys said:
    Out of interest @Clouvider , if someone was to buy a dedicated server and then cancel the next day, would they be expected to pay again?

As per the policies today.
    In retail - no. If you have just couple servers with us, and no special discounts, you’d be able to cancel without further payment so long as the next invoice is not issued yet (that is 14 full days in advance). Different rules apply to bulk purchases and Customers with special “wholesale” discount.

Also does this 30 day policy, also apply to cloud services?

No, for Cloud servers we will not charge you so long as you tell us at any time before the due date.

Thanked by 1noobjockeys
  • @Clouvider Good to know thanks.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@bikegremlin said: But I'm also with @noobjockeys about making it even more idiot-friendly.

The order page isn't the ToS page though. As @JabJab said, you'd just end up with the whole thing on the order page.

Last time I cancelled something it was less than 30 days before next bill so I was expecting a partial invoice as I aware of the terms - however as Clouvider already said, they'll accept less than 30 days as long as over 14 days which was a pleasant surprise.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @forgetm said:
    But the 30 days cancellation notice's terms is reasonable?

Yes. I really don't know why this needs an 8 page thread.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @babuum said:

@forgetm said:

Because entitled millennial fucks exist.

• Plausible plot twist: Clouvider gets hacked... again.

• @babuum said:

@forgetm said:

Because on LET it’s full of people not planning ahead and running to another provider as soon as they have an offer that’s 3 cents cheaper. Not the crowd that knows what a contract means.

• @jenkki said:

@dahartigan said: Timbo is into the kinky shit eh?

His boss walked with his wife yesterday. He just wants to say thanks for his spending.

You need a new translator, no one can understand a fucking thing you say.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @default said:
    Plausible plot twist: Clouvider gets hacked... again.

Cloudvider was hacked?

• If your host was 1&1 they will send you to collections.

-From someone who was sent to collections over a $8 domain renewal XD

This discussion has been closed.