Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reasonable? Cancellation of service requires 30 days' notice. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

reasonable? Cancellation of service requires 30 days' notice.

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2021

@dev_vps said: If you are signing an agreement , for example, with a German provider, guess which laws are governed for that agreement ?

There will be endless discussion. If you don't want these things simply do not sign up with German provider anymore. That all you can do.

Or pay them $120 for your out.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: If you are signing an agreement , for example, with a German provider, guess which laws are governed for that agreement ?

There will be endless discussion. If you don't want these things simply do not sign up with German provider anymore. That all you can do.

Or pay them $120 for your out.

Tell that to OP, not me.

I am very happy with German service providers. I have service for over three years now.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2021

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@jar said: It would be weird for them to reject it.

German providers love to do that, lock for 30 days, then place to negative, trying to charge your CC in file, then send your personal data to collectors agency. And start annoying you by email every week.

The cancellation period and effective earliest cancellation date is clearly mentioned in the panel. Why agree to TOS if you really don’t agree?

Dafuq response is that? He'd want a "latest cancellation date", obviously. Earliest only applies if under a fixed term contract. For monthly, there is no earliest, only latest.

Say you're renting a hotel room day to day. You go to front desk and say, "I'm checking out today". The answer is going to depend on the latest cancellation time, whether it be 8am or previous day 6pm. Either way, the "earliest time to cancel" only applies to fixed term agreements, where this wasn't.

Same if renting vs leasing an apartment or house.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @dev_vps said: I am very happy with German service providers. I have service for over three years now.

No questions. Not every German provider do that shit with their clients. That abnormal practice for a loosers

Just know your rights.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • My provider also has a 30 day cancellation notice period.

@jenkki said:
    Just know your rights

Not only rights.
    Know your rights and responsibilities

Thanked by 2forgetm MGarbis
  • @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: I am very happy with German service providers. I have service for over three years now.

No questions. Not every German provider do that shit with their clients. That abnormal practice for a loosers

Just know your rights.

Only losers spell losers as "loosers". FYI

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @TimboJones said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@jar said: It would be weird for them to reject it.

German providers love to do that, lock for 30 days, then place to negative, trying to charge your CC in file, then send your personal data to collectors agency. And start annoying you by email every week.

The cancellation period and effective earliest cancellation date is clearly mentioned in the panel. Why agree to TOS if you really don’t agree?

Dafuq response is that? He'd want a "latest cancellation date", obviously. Earliest only applies if under a fixed term contract. For monthly, there is no earliest, only latest.

Earliest cancellation date is the date when service ends if the notice of cancellation served today.

And this, obviously, depends on the notice period length as defined in TOS and agreed by the customer at the time of signing up for the service.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@dev_vps said:
    Not only rights.
    Know your rights and responsibilities

The latter part is pretty important because most people around here ignore it.

• @TimboJones said: Only losers spell losers as "loosers". FYI

Sorry for my Indian Oxford English. :smiley:

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @jenkki said:

@TimboJones said: Only losers spell losers as "loosers". FYI

Kindly revert and do the needful next time.

Thanked by 2forgetm dahartigan
  • @jenkki said:

@TimboJones said: Only losers spell losers as "loosers". FYI

These are small small things.

For those who do not know, this is one of most common “grammatically incorrect” sentence used in india.

Reason - in the native language, small word is repeated twice and most people literally translate words into English

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2021

Is this Clouvider? Cause they have that rule and its also the reason why I didin't buy a dedicated server from them. The price also matches for their services.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @dev_vps said: hese are small small things.
    For those who do not know, this is one of most common “grammatically incorrect” sentence used in india.
    Reason - in the native language, small word is repeated twice and most people literally translate words into English

We just drink vodka too much and dancing naked under the moon. That all we was do for our spellcheck

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • imo, whoever it is, just give them a middle finger and ensure that paypal is not set to automatic.

The worst thing they can effectively do is to list you on fraudrecord against other hosts for "non-payment".

They can also sell the debt to collector agency but you can easily dispute that. At least in Finland, we have solid consumer protection laws.

A checkbox of ToS with fraudlent intention means nothing here, and you can just notify the agency that the bill is invalid and theyre forced to re-check it. Even after that theres million ways to counter such collection.

Thanked by 2jenkki forgetm
  • @TimboJones said: Kindly revert and do the needful next time.

Under the mon

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • years ago you need to do cancellation via snail mail lol

Thanked by 2forgetm tux
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited November 2021

They can put whatever they want into their TOS, doesnt mean its enforceable.

Someone could put 1 year cancelation date then right? And you are saying people should pay it?

Also with 30day cancelation, minimum lease is 2 months then? Or you have 1 day to test the server and decide (If you are lucky and month is 31 days)?

Thanked by 2jenkki forgetm
  • @stefeman said: imo, whoever it is, just give them a middle finger and ensure that paypal is not set to automatic.

They have responsibility to the robbers.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • I only know of 1 provider in the UK who has that, the purpose of it is to get another months pay from you nothing else. Especially in the server/hosting industry. It's different if its a managed service etc

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • Thats very common yes.
    Thats why you ignore those providers and choose others.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • Beware: If German providers do not change their bad practice Belarussian partisans will capture Berlin one more time.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@M2DEV said:
    Thats very common yes.

Yeah, the biggest problem here is that 50% or more customers dont even read the provider TOS including OP, they just tick on accept and go further with the order. And because of this, all the problems starts here. It's easier giving my money in 1 minute to someone instead of reading in 2 minutes, and knowing to whom or for what conditions am i giving.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @AlbaHost said:

@M2DEV said:
    Thats very common yes.

Yeah, the biggest problem here is that 50% or more customers dont even read the provider TOS including OP, they just tick on accept and go further with the order. And because of this, all the problems starts here. It's easier giving my money in one minute to someone instead of reading in 2 minutes, and knowing to whom or for what conditions am i giving.

That kind of shit like 30-days minimium cancelation time needs to be bolded bright red into order page.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@stefeman said:

@AlbaHost said:

@M2DEV said:
    Thats very common yes.

Yeah, the biggest problem here is that 50% or more customers dont even read the provider TOS including OP, they just tick on accept and go further with the order. And because of this, all the problems starts here. It's easier giving my money in one minute to someone instead of reading in 2 minutes, and knowing to whom or for what conditions am i giving.

That kind of shit like 30-days minimium cancelation time needs to be bolded bright red into order page.

I agree, but in this or such cases customer are not in position to do anything about providers TOS, the only option is to agree with that or just move to other provider. But before that, you should read the TOS and agree or not whatever they are... As per bolded in header/order page a tos is really bad idea. At least never saw any provider doing that.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@drizbo said:
    They can put whatever they want into their TOS, doesnt mean its enforceable.

Someone could put 1 year cancelation date then right? And you are saying people should pay it?

You are right. But, have you ever seen one year cancellation period? Don’t give absurd example to justify your point.

However, 31 days (or even 45/60 days) notice period is very much likely enforceable on month to month plan, especially if any promotion is offered (examples - no setup fee, discounted rate for first x months, extra monthly bandwidth etc).

The sane option is - not to agree to TOS if you are not comfortable with it.

I was about to sign up for a VPS plan, and I noticed this in TOS - cpu can burst to 100% for maximum of 10 minutes in any 12 hour window. I sent a message to the provider, and shared my reservation. The end result- I did not sign up for it.

disclaimer - not a legal advice. just sharing my opinion.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @AlbaHost said:

@M2DEV said:
    Thats very common yes.

Yeah, the biggest problem here is that 50% or more customers dont even read the provider TOS including OP, they just tick on accept and go further

Well, at least what is allowed under fair usage, billing, and cancellation period should be read and understood well before accepting the TOS.

Thanked by 3AlbaHost forgetm tux
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2021

@AlbaHost said:

@M2DEV said:
    Thats very common yes.

Yeah, the biggest problem here is that 50% or more customers dont even read the provider TOS including OP, they just tick on accept and go further with the order. And because of this, all the problems starts here. It's easier giving my money in 1 minute to someone instead of reading in 2 minutes, and knowing to whom or for what conditions am i giving.

providers should list any out the ordinary cancellation policy clauses or AUP as part of the checkboxes to tick, especially if the service is usually considered "prepaid".

however it is quite standard for 30 days cancellation with dedi.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @dev_vps said: You are right.

Thanks, I know.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2021

OP is still lucky, he just has one month to pay. I have netcup telling me that I have to tell them I want to cancel when my contract is up in more than 6 months from now - like I'm going to remember to do that - bunch of incompetents - they pretty much are betting on me to miss that window so I have to pay another year - that's kind of criminal in my eyes.

Thanked by 1forgetm
  • @risharde said:
    OP is still lucky, he just has one month to pay. I have netcup telling me that I have to tell them I want to cancel when my contract is up in more than 6 months from now - like I'm going to remember to do that - bunch of incompetents - they pretty much are betting on me to miss that window so I have to pay another year - that's kind of criminal in my eyes.

You can cancel anytime.
    The cancellation will be effective at the end current contract term.

Thanked by 2forgetm tux
This discussion has been closed.