Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CrystalD said:
    Much is undecided at this point. I am reading everything the community here says, and taking this one step at it time. My first step was to open this can of worms and get some advice and figure out all the details...I had no idea he was sending people copies of my photo ID. That is just one of the new details I have discovered.....

You need to talk to a lawyer ASAP, if you have not already. Expensive as it may be, if you can't afford it they may work out a deal with you if they find there is money to be had from this case, which there very well may be.

Thanked by 1CrystalD
  • @iBot

Yes and no..There's a few variables that I cannot speak of. I don't even know how to use GoDaddy. I myself have never logged into it. But we all have tech savvy friends nowadays, don't we?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@CrystalD where can we contact your husband?

• @joelgm said:
    If this is the original owner of the domain, prove it by creating a unique alphanumeric cname entry on the domain, and post it here.

If you can explain what that is, I will most certainly make sure I have it done....

• @netomx said:
    is it me, or that is an UGVPS ticket, and not a Chicago VPS ticket?

Yes, that is a UGVPS support ticket I filed and was never answered. And yes that was Chris from Chicago VPS telling me it didn't exist.

• @DomainBop

That check was for a vehicle registration he told me he paid for from my checking account (because again, he couldn't even get a checking account with his credit) Unfortunately, I bit the bullet on that one too.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • It's worth reading all pages, actually. Followed it since the @CrystalD entered the scene, and will continue to see what comes out of this mess. I'm glad I don't have any VPS with either UGVPS or Chicago VPS.

@Jack said:
    Anyone got a tl;dr?

@CrystalD said:
    Yes, that is a UGVPS support ticket I filed and was never answered. And yes that was Chris from Chicago VPS telling me it didn't exist.

Hmm, maybe I'm not getting it, but Chris has not confirmed that he had bought UGVPS? AFAIK he was saying a CVPS ticket.

Don't get me wrong, I just don't believe so easily.

@CrystalD said:
    DomainBop

That check was for a vehicle registration he told me he paid for from my checking account (because again, he couldn't even get a checking account with his credit) Unfortunately, I bit the bullet on that one too.

I have learnt that (not to make blind favors) to my gf the hard way

• @nunim said:
    Your story smells, seems like you were well aware of what was being done, and most likely complicit in the fraud, but now you want to come clean? What changed? You knew he was doing such things but didn't seem to care until now.. And you found LET out of the blue or ..?

I did NOT know the company or domain was in my name until recently. I just found out LAST NIGHT that he was handing out copies of my photo ID.

@CrystalD said:
    I did NOT know the company or domain was in my name until recently. I just found out LAST NIGHT that he was handing out copies of my photo ID.

why did he had a company without your knowledge? If you were his wife.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@netomx said:

Easily done. Maybe she did know about the cafe? But honestly when you live with someone it's not hard or far fetched to grab an ID when they're asleep, or take advantage of their trust and ask them to sign a paper. One would think that to get married he had earned her trust and she probably didn't question anything he did or asked until it was too late.

• @nunim said:
    Haha. Well, I always thought that "Crystal" was technically inept, I guess I had no idea of the true extent... This just gives me more reason never to start a business with my wife, not that I'd ever try something even half this stupid.

I really don't know much about computers, or the internet...I know the basic stuff like how to check my mail, draw in paint and play games...But like I said, we all know someone who does....

• @CrystalD your name is still being used on communications sent from the new domain ugeekvps.com . Do you plan to take any action against the new domain?

@netomx said "Hmm, maybe I'm not getting it, but Chris has not confirmed that he had bought UGVPS?"

Chris has denied owning or having any involvement in UGVPS.

@netomx said:
    CrystalD where can we contact your husband?

Try sending him a PM. He logged into LET today.
    http://lowendtalk.com/profile/5166/UGVPS

Username    UGVPS Joined     October 2012 Visits     277 Last Active 3:02PM
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

@jarland said:
    Easily done. Maybe she did know about the cafe? But honestly when you live with someone it's not hard or far fetched to grab an ID when they're asleep, or take advantage of their trust and ask them to sign a paper. One would think that to get married he had earned her trust and she probably didn't question anything he did or asked until it was too late.

Seemed as if he had it ready from previously when he showed it to me. So may have used it for PayPal etc., this is identity theft. Doesn't matter if you're married or not.

edit: yes, I was one that had the driving license.

• @Foulacy said:
    Still is fishy if you ask me how someone said they obtained a copy of "crystal" state id.. For all we know the sam dude could be thomas or something and they're just trying to cover it all up. Because you have to think about the fact.. How would someone get ahold of her "ID".. Hell it could even be forged to just make it.. there are plenty of state ID templates out there; All i'm saying is that It doesn't add up and it's lke CrystalD is trying to run over people faces with the fake story.. Because for one.. "Crystal" knows how to change the whois info to apparently claim the domain back and stuff; I still don't believe it. CrystalD and smabowlski stories don't match up and they're both saying this and this.. But it's just very suspicious and that it's just mostly likely a plot to make thomas names "hidden".

Just my 2 cents from everything i've read.

I did not change the whois information. My smart colleague did. They also recovered my domain for me. Hide his name? No, not at all. Leaving things how they were would have allowed him to stay under the radar and continue all his illegal shenanigans...

• @Foulacy said:
    I understand that c0y, but it's still fishy overall.. a random person gave a random ID. Anything can be faked online.

He was not a random person, he WAS my husband. I am not a random person, I WAS his wife. I have learned that it was infact my ID also. Nothing faked. He did give me the curtosey of blanking out some numbers though, isn't that thoughtful?!

• @DomainBop

Hahahaha That video made my day! Thanks!!

• @netomx said:
    CrystalD where can we contact your husband?

I don't want to do anything illegal, so i'm not sure if I can answer that.

• @netomx said:

I knew the company existed. He talked about it all the time, but i don't know anything about "Hosting" or VPS....And he told me word for word "nothing is in your name". I always thought something wasn't right because i had to put everything in my name....Utilities, car loans, banks, everything...But i trusted him...When he told me he sold it, I was also a little skeptical...Why would he sell it? He told me he was making soooo much money...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So... as much as a few people already in this thread know I hate to get involved in this sort of crap, life has enough problems without armchair legal experts and detectives HOWEVER.....

I read 99% of this thread and 1 very important thing seems to be missing, there was someone that used to be very regular on IRC that worked for UGVPS as 1st line support and for a very short time IPXcore and I VERY specifically remember when there was a server issue this person was CALLING crystal to get it resolved and made multiple references of speaking to Crystal.

Would they not have got a little confused if crystal had a deep mans voice or are we also saying the other guy used a voice synth or crushed his own nuts to have the conversations.

Sorry I cant remember the persons name from IRC but no doubt some of you will. might just be a context thing but someone who remembers the name of the persoon should check the logs to verify this, I have none that old.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @AnthonySmith

Probably just more of their shenanigans to make people think I was running things. I never spoke with anyone about any servers or any of this VPS stuff.

• If I were some "cheated wife" or something like that the last thing I would do is to register account at some obscure forum to explain my situation to people I never heard about before. And naive LET fools even fall for this.

So what do we have here now? Husband who supposedly disappeared and wife who supposedly didn't know anything about all this. A bunch of blind naive fools and no one who can be held liable for the fuck ups with this company.

And documents! Of course they are real. Just as they were real before. But prove nothing.

There is a well-known proverb: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Just make fucking backups and don't get fooled again by those people.

Thanked by 2GaNi Janevski
  • I just learned that before UGVPS was sold to Chicago VPS, while tom was pretending to be me, he was talking with Chris and flirting. Chris sent a photo of a yacht to impress "me" (him). Now this....This, is funny...

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

CrystalD said: he was talking with Chris and flirting.

Now that's what i'd like to see - Chris and Tom holding hands ;-)

edit: on a second though - no. I prefer not to see this :)

Thanked by 1DalComp
    edited December 2013

@CrystalD said:
    I knew the company existed. He talked about it all the time, but i don't know anything about "Hosting" or VPS....And he told me word for word "nothing is in your name". I always thought something wasn't right because i had to put everything in my name....Utilities, car loans, banks, everything...But i trusted him...When he told me he sold it, I was also a little skeptical...Why would he sell it? He told me he was making soooo much money...

Hmmm, I'm getting it. So he hide all of these, bc you didnt know he had bad credit? Interesting to know why he hide it from you, maybe a sscammy rep?

DomainBop said: Try sending him a PM

LO> He is reading this! hahah!

jarland said: Easily done. Maybe she did know about the cafe? But honestly when you live with someone it's not hard or far fetched to grab an ID when they're asleep, or take advantage of their trust and ask them to sign a paper.

I know that, I was talking about why did he hide it. Maybe his scammy past is the cause.

CVPS_Chris said: They are unable to give me a ticket ID that they "claim" they made with ChicagoVPS.

this is what I was talking about

Heinz said: If I were some "cheated wife" or something like that

you got a very good point. Talking in a forum, instead of talking to a lawyer?

rds100 said: Now that's what i'd like to see

me too, to be honest. I would like to see those PMs hahaha

• @CVPS_Chris

I never told you i submitted a ticket through ChicagoVPS. I told you i submitted a ticket through your website. UGVPS. The one i was told Tom sold you, and that none of it was in my name and had nothing to do with me.

• CrystalD said: while tom was pretending to be me, he was talking with Chris and flirting

LowEndYacht: that's one way to seal the deal on a company.

• @CVPS_Chris so how much did you pay to the Tom character?

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited December 2013

Why would someone completely new, not knowing anyone here, unfamiliar with Chris and LET history, had a need to come out with a story just to ridicule poor Chris? :)

It's obvious that this is the same Crystal as before you fools.