Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS offline - My server offline more than 5 days.

Comments

• @serverian said:
    Nevermind, it seems Vanilla's editor's image thing works now!

Lively picture for the color blinds.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited December 2013

@CrystalD said:
    Heinz: I never said I "just found out". But I did decide to act on this just recently....

Registering a PayPal or Domain in someone's name maybe I could understand but why pass around their ID to "prove" who you are, especially when not required, i.e. to random fucks on a forum?

Your story smells, seems like you were well aware of what was being done, and most likely complicit in the fraud, but now you want to come clean? What changed? You knew he was doing such things but didn't seem to care until now.. And you found LET out of the blue or ..?

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2013

Crystal and Thomas start a company in her name, since his name is mud. Since he cant admit that the company is in his name, Thomas uses the pseudonym Crystal in both forums and tickets for months. They have a spat and seperate. Thomas decides that it's high time to sell off the company since someone is bound to notice. He sells it to ChicagoVPS for a big pot of gold, but doesnt share it with Crystal. CVPS and Thomas decide to keep matters under wraps till the timing is right.

Crystal is bitter and decides to have her revenge. She files the complaint with the registrar, the domain is lost. Thomas registers the new domain, and tries to keep ship until CVPS can do their big announcement of a big merger, blah blah. Crystal threatens and demands her share. Thomas refuses. Crystal decides to do her big expose, and spoil the fun for Thomas and CVPS.

How does it sound? ;)

• nunimnunim Member
    edited December 2013

@joelgm said:
    Crystal and Thomas start a company in her name, since his name is mud. Since he cant admit that the company is in his name, Thomas uses the pseudonym Crystal in both forums and tickets for months. They have a spat and seperate. Thomas decides that it's high time to sell off the company since someone is bound to notice. He sells it to ChicagoVPS for a big pot of gold, but doesnt share it with Crystal. CVPS and Thomas decide to keep matters under wraps till the timing is right.

Crystal is bitter and decides to have her revenge. She files the complaint with the registrar, the domain is lost. Thomas registers the new domain, and tries to keep ship until CVPS can do their big announcement. Crystal threatens and demands her share. Thomas refuses. Crystal decides to do her big expose, and spoil the fun for Thomas and CVPS.

How does it sound? ;)

Sounds much more plausible to me. Although I'm not sure why he couldn't use a pseudonym in tickets and such without claiming to be her? Just claiming to be an employee.

edited December 2013

@nunim said:
    Sounds about right to me. Although I'm not sure why he couldn't use a pseudonym in tickets and such without claiming to be her? Just claiming to be an employee.

He did that too. He claimed to be Alec, the tech support guy, a fathead if ever there was one. Crystal, a.k.a Thomas claimed to have fired him(self) when the complaints became too much.

• LOL, this place has become so much like a Tella Novella ... it reminds me why I mostly only lurk (and rarely at that) now. lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@geekalot said:
    LOL, this place has become so much like a Tella Novella ... it reminds me why I mostly only lurk (and rarely at that) now. lol

For me is part of the fun, it also shows how much random people can gather about you from public places.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited December 2013

@Maounique said:
    For me is part of the fun, it also shows how much random people can gather about you from public places.

@Maounique, completely agree with that; it is always interesting:
    1. How much people can gather about you online
    2. How little we know about providers here (and elsewhere)
    3 How much those same providers want to know about us in order for us to sign up with them

Back to lurking ...

• @joelgm said:
    He did that too. He claimed to be Alec, the tech support guy, a fathead if ever there was one. Crystal, a.k.a Thomas claimed to have fired him(self) when the complaints became too much.

Haha. Well, I always thought that "Crystal" was technically inept, I guess I had no idea of the true extent... This just gives me more reason never to start a business with my wife, not that I'd ever try something even half this stupid.

• Seriously now, what is the point of concealing your identity from your customers?

Some people really need to learn to not be afraid of taking responsibility for their mistakes, man up and grow a pair. Identity theft is the lowest of the low.

Thanked by 2ska switsys
  • @geekalot said:
    LOL, this place has become so much like a Tella Novella ... it reminds me why I mostly only lurk (and rarely at that) now. lol

I call it weekend entertainment...

edited December 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    Identity theft is the lowest of the low.

It's 'identity theft' just because 'Crystal' claims so. Operating businesses by proxy has a long history. Doctors in India arent allowed to run businesses (drug stores/labs) in their name, and run them in their spouse's name. There is an (in)famous politician from India who was told not to contest elections, and made his wife the proxy Chief Minister, until the legal disputes in his name were settled. ;)

Pre-seperation, it was business by proxy. Post-seperation, it's identity theft. :D

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @joelgm said: Crystal and Thomas start a company in her name,

When UGVPS started last year it was owned by Warfront Cafe LLC (a registered business in Pennsylvania) and PayPal payments were sent to the Warfront Cafe LLC PayPal Account. On February 1st they sent out an email saying they had setup UGVPS as a separate company due to its "success" and they also setup a new PayPal account (merchant name: Unique Geek VPS"). I checked back then and despite their claims of setting up a new "company" there was no record of UGVPS or Unique Geek VPS being registered in any state. The email they sent on February 1st:

Hello UGVPS Clients!!

This is a notification to let you know of our PayPal email change. Originally we started UGVPS under Warfront Café LLC (as plans for a local gaming cafe), however plans for the local cafe have fell through and we are not pursuing that venture at this time. Because of how fast UGVPS has been growing, we have decided to just focus on UGVPS completely for the time being.

UGVPS is now its own company, and because of that it now has its own independent PayPal account which is not controlled or shared by our gaming cafe account. If you have had a Paypal subscription setup, your existing subscriptions have been canceled and you will need to initiate a new one upon your next invoice. If you have not had a subscription setup, please continue to pay how you normally would pay upon an invoice, our new PayPal email is now [email protected].

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

Thank you,

Crystal Dale - UGVPS

edited December 2013

@DomainBop If my memory is right, Warfront Cafe was owned by Thomas. It's logical that the company had liabilities, and Thomas wanted to redirect the money from VPS sales to a seperate account that could escape any financial audit, since it was owned by another person.

• @joelgm said:
    it will prove that the person posting as @CrystalD is truly a woman, and the Crystal who was impersonated.

• it will prove that the person posting as @CrystalD is truly a woman - YES
    • and the Crystal who was impersonated - NO

How can documents prove that this is the other person? All what we got is her story.

edited December 2013

@Heinz said:
    How can documents prove that this is the other person?

If it's an official government identification (photo ID) in Crystal Dale's name. It doesnt prove impersonation. It proves that this is CrystalD = Crystal Dale.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited December 2013

joelgm said: If it's an official government identification in Crystal Dale's name. It doesnt prove impersonation. It proves that this is CrystalD = Crystal Dale.

I agree with that but then you stated also that this is Crystal who was impersonated. We don't have proof about being "impersonated" part and documents don't prove it. Documents just verify that this is really Crystal and not some random forum troll.

edited December 2013

@Heinz said:
    but then you stated also that this is Crystal who was impersonated.

Right. I should have added "allegedly". :D

• this thread just became EPIC, best morning read with a cup of coffee in a long time.

• support123support123 Member
    edited December 2013

nice drama going on here.I am reading it since morning ..

• Still is fishy if you ask me how someone said they obtained a copy of "crystal" state id.. For all we know the sam dude could be thomas or something and they're just trying to cover it all up. Because you have to think about the fact.. How would someone get ahold of her "ID".. Hell it could even be forged to just make it.. there are plenty of state ID templates out there; All i'm saying is that It doesn't add up and it's lke CrystalD is trying to run over people faces with the fake story.. Because for one.. "Crystal" knows how to change the whois info to apparently claim the domain back and stuff; I still don't believe it. CrystalD and smabowlski stories don't match up and they're both saying this and this.. But it's just very suspicious and that it's just mostly likely a plot to make thomas names "hidden".

Just my 2 cents from everything i've read.

• We missed lowendrama at its finest :)

• @akz said:
    this thread just became EPIC, best morning read with a cup of coffee in a long time.

For me, this is quite frightening. Taking backups as we speak... I guess it's time for me to move to a different provider.

• @Foulacy said:
    Still is fishy if you ask me how someone said they obtained a copy of "crystal" state id.. For all we know the sam dude could be thomas or something and they're just trying to cover it all up. Because you have to think about the fact.. How would someone get ahold of her "ID".. Hell it could even be forged to just make it.. there are plenty of state ID templates out there; All i'm saying is that It doesn't add up and it's lke CrystalD is trying to run over people faces with the fake story.. Because for one.. "Crystal" knows how to change the whois info to apparently claim the domain back and stuff; I still don't believe it. CrystalD and smabowlski stories don't match up and they're both saying this and this.. But it's just very suspicious and that it's just mostly likely a plot to make thomas names "hidden".

Just my 2 cents from everything i've read.

I you read properly you would see Thomas (her husband) gave it to people to "proof" he was Crystal, or that she at least exists.

I do have to stay, I'm not sure if @CrystalD isn't just someone from the buffaloed gang...

• I understand that @c0y, but it's still fishy overall.. a random person gave a random ID. Anything can be faked online.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I hope EVERYONE made backups already

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@Jack said:
    Anyone got a tl;dr?

I just read through it and...just read the first 2 pages it's worth it. Holy shit snacks, LET. This place and the idiots who always scream "paranoia" every time someone asks a question about a provider's inconsistencies have turned this place into a haven for shady fucks like Thomas. Those days are numbered. Good job to those who had the time and cared about the members of this community enough to ask some hard questions. This is what happens when you let things go and ignore reality to save a couple bucks. Start asking questions about the people who want your money, people. Trust has to be earned.

Thanked by 1CrystalD
  • @Jack said:
    Anyone got a tl;dr?

Exclusive video live from UGVPS headquarters:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@CVPS_Chris said:
    How was I brought into this? Ive actually been looking for Tom for days. So this is starting to make sense.

No offense but it's amazing how much of the shady stuff just happens to come from your neck of the woods. Maybe get your house in order and stop hiring future convicts. The pattern is starting to suggest that you seek them out. Then, when shit hits the fan, disavowed 007 style as usual.

Eventually patterns reveal character, and you're not foolish enough to deny that there is a growing pattern of shady activity coming from every corner around you. I'm sure you will anyway, see you again when another one of your rogue employees commits fraud, in a field relevant to your business market, without your knowledge...again. If it really is just coincidental that we go from guy with fake identity to guy who steals his wife's identity, all under your roof, then I strongly suggest you hire an outside firm to conduct all interviews from this point forward. At this point I'm just wondering how long until you hire the guy who sells client information on the side for extra cash, or worse. You guys need to get your act together, and if that doesn't mean "stop acting shady" then it sure as hell means "stop hiring employees based on your gut, because it keeps failing you."

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • @mpkossen

Much is undecided at this point. I am reading everything the community here says, and taking this one step at it time. My first step was to open this can of worms and get some advice and figure out all the details...I had no idea he was sending people copies of my photo ID. That is just one of the new details I have discovered.....