Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

1101112131416»

Comments

• jdjxjdjx Member

@VirMach said:

@sangatsetia said: had time to make a ticket that was not answered, only answered with a machine and always closed automatically, there was no settlement, comments in this group also no response.
    how about this migration???? migration menu so there is no choice, strangely the IP becomes 2 but the migration has not been done by @VirMach
    Order Invoice #1252008

Oh, looking at your screenshots you're talking about something different than Ryzen migrate specials, so you can disregard anything I said in relation to that.

my migration special vps in SJ has shown this for about a half month:

Is it normal? Should I open a ticket?

• @VirMach My reserved ip address is 176.119.151.165
    , I've started to look forward to my machine being migrated...and it is said that many machines have been turned on...how long do I have to wait? Looks like I have two months left on my package...

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@AndreDonz said: My reserved ip address

So we all know it's a Japan VM that you're talking about - awaiting your next DDOS. >:)
    Some folks don't deserve good things.

• @VirMach
    I made a migration request to Japan a few weeks ago. It seems unsuccessful but there is additional IP added.
    I can now migrate to other locations except for Japan, but I prefer Japan.
    Should I just wait? Is there any plan to proceed with the previous migration requests?

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: I'm usually careful about my wording, but perhaps the email I sent was sub-par at explaining this. We never intended that the optional Ryzen Migrate button would 100% be available. How it should have been worded is that you may be eligible to use it, so I apologize if I stated it in any other way in a way that was confusing or made you or anyone else believe that this was definitely going to be the only way to move forward and guaranteed.

This was just an addition to the original plan. If it fails or fails to appear, then we will proceed accordingly per the original plan once the node your service resides on moves.

We'll be resuming these shortly.

Will we get a new mail about this when it's going to happen?

• @AlwaysSkint said: So we all know it's a Japan VM that you're talking about - awaiting your next DDOS.

Some folks don't deserve good things.

Because it hasn't been activated yet... and, I don't give credentials, he can't solve the problem, I give him the ip address although I don't think the problem will be solved... But at least I did something (in the end, who is free I have nothing to do ddos me, I don't think many people are very idle

• JonesJones Member

@Jones said:

@VirMach

I have changed several browsers and even the operating system (including the mobile phone system), but they all show that there is no optional location in this option
    Maybe you could kindly help me solve this problem?
    Ticket

(the ticket cannot reply to the content and activate)

I just want to know, if I pay the invoice, Move to JP location?? Because there is no information in the option, maybe you can reactivate the ticket so that I can complete the payment and migration

How do you feel about taking a few minutes to complete the migration? Thank you

@VirMach

If I can, I would rather choose to be silent because there is not much money after all, but the development of the matter is really embarrassing. I am a user of the migration pre -sale plan product, but so far, even if I am willing to pay to complete the migration, it seems that it seems It cannot be performed. Do you treat customers so indifferently? At present, I can neither migrate (free) because the buttons are always invalid. Similarly, I have no way to complete the migration to JP by paying the fee ..... No one has started to assist in handling ... I don’t know what deviations have your understanding of fairness and honesty in business ~
    Shouldn't you give priority to the product users who migrate the pre -sale plan?

How many people are embarrassed like me and hope to get your response

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • FFEE_COFFEE_CO Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: We've had problems with Amsterdam previously for some reason, I'll let our developer know that Amsterdam may be acting up again.

And yes, this is happening on SJ ans LA too. Both of my servers wont migrate and says "Please try again tomorrow." for something like 10days. Are your words that the problems are being resolved just a fraud? I got the ryzen migration button at first, it broke, and now it's ryzen update, and, it too is broken. How am I going to trust your services or it's that you just look down upon those who buy cheap servers while it is you who gave the offer.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@FFEE_CO said:

@VirMach said: We've had problems with Amsterdam previously for some reason, I'll let our developer know that Amsterdam may be acting up again.

And yes, this is happening on SJ ans LA too. Both of my servers wont migrate and says "Please try again tomorrow." for something like 10days. Are your words that the problems are being resolved just a fraud? I got the ryzen migration button at first, it broke, and now it's ryzen update, and, it too is broken. How am I going to trust your services or it's that you just look down upon those who buy cheap servers while it is you who gave the offer.

We've disabled this buggy feature and reverting back to the original plan of migrating people in bulk as nodes are retired.

• nutjobnutjob Member

.> @FFEE_CO said:

When Microsoft (or everyone) sells you buggy software do you write these sort of embarrassing public rants, or are you making a special effort for VirMach?

• msattmsatt Member

My Amsterdam migration special ends on 22/7/22 and is still on E5. Trying migration button (from Amsterdam to Amsterdam) each day and keep on getting "Please try again tomorrow".

@VirMach I bought this server on the understanding that I would 'eventually' get a Ryzen. Now it is almost a year and other sales have Ryzen but us that paid will likely be getting another invoice for another year and still no Ryzen.

I am not being a screaming kid - but you have not played fair. I know you have many things going on and honestly respect your continuous effort but when / if I am asked to pay for another year without ANY guarantee or compensation I can only start screaming loudly.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@msatt said:
    My Amsterdam migration special ends on 22/7/22 and is still on E5. Trying migration button (from Amsterdam to Amsterdam) each day and keep on getting "Please try again tomorrow".

@VirMach I bought this server on the understanding that I would 'eventually' get a Ryzen. Now it is almost a year and other sales have Ryzen but us that paid will likely be getting another invoice for another year and still no Ryzen.

I am not being a screaming kid - but you have not played fair. I know you have many things going on and honestly respect your continuous effort but when / if I am asked to pay for another year without ANY guarantee or compensation I can only start screaming loudly.

Don't do it. Seriously. E5 works fine while AMS ryzen with outages, broken network and abusers so far just sucks and isn't suitable for production.
    AMSD025 just recovered after 18+ hours long network outage and their monitoring system didn't even acknowledged this issue as it seems.
    That's the 3rd outage in last few weeks. Two were network related and one failed maintenance related. The longest one lasted for 3 days.
    There's no need to deal with all this crap on your E5 so just keep it as long as possible and be happy.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • msattmsatt Member

@Samael said: Don't do it. Seriously. E5 works fine while AMS ryzen with outages, broken network and abusers so far just sucks and isn't suitable for production.

Well my Ryzen on AMSD026 has been pretty stable.
    Wether Ryzen is stable or not the fact remains that Virmach sold these servers as migration specials. Having to pay for another year without a guarantee of a working Ryzen service or compensation is DEFINATELY FALSE ADVERTISING.

• @msatt said:
    Having to pay for another year without a guarantee of a working Ryzen service or compensation is DEFINATELY FALSE ADVERTISING.

You should definitely sue.

• @msatt said: without a guarantee of a working Ryzen service

It is guaranteed, it's said on the first page:

I'm wondering if Virmach is going to deliver on it. If not, they better provide a resolution in terms of a compensation, because otherwise I'm going to file a chargeback. If they do nothing and send a request for payment, they are actually a scam.

I already checked it out: The remark on the first page is definitively a binding product description, so the upgrade to Ryzen must be guaranteed. If they don't deliver, that's "lack of conformity": You don't got what you paid for. As EU citizen, since the first term is only 1 year (within 2 years) you are free to file a chargeback under Directive 1999/44/EC, or however it's embedded in your national law.

• @JasperNL je bent een beetje belachelijk?
    (// Jy is 'n bietjie verspot? // You are being a bit ridiculous? //)

The part DIRECTLY before the part that you highlighted says:

"[..] So while we're NOT GUARANTEEING this will happen [..]"

as well as: "[..] Others may be sooner or later [..]"

In your comment you claim that it "must be guaranteed", which is directly the opposite of what was posted?

I understand the disappointment of the delays for people who were specifically excited about the Ryzen possibility, but Virmach worded his post carefully to make it clear that it is more a warning that the service might be disrupted, because of and during migrations, rather than it being stated that the product being sold is a Ryzen product.

That being said.
    It should hopefully not be long before these ARE given the opportunity to migrate to Ryzen. And then everybody should be happy. :)

Many services already have the option to migrate (without data). If yours doesn't have the option at the moment, it shouldn't be too long before it does.

I just find it worrisome when someone starts quoting laws and calling things a scam, when that is clearly not the case.

For those of us that's been with Virmach for many years, and followed all the updates about these expansions, and the drama with unplanned incidents and problems, know that he is probably the most transparent and honest and hardworking provider here.

Just be patient a little bit longer, It should happen Soon™

• msattmsatt Member

@ZA_capetown said: "[..] Others may be sooner or later [..]"

Well how late do you want this to be.... My contract renews on the 22nd of this month.
    The Migrate button has been available many times (and still is), but fails with 'try again tomorrow' (NL->NL).
    I do trust @VirMach and know he has been trying really hard but 1 YEAR is not reasonable.

I am not suggesting chargeback as I feel Virmach will make good (I don't mean a refund), but they should at least give a proper timeline and options now.

• The button is also available for me, but it never worked (NL > NL)
    Anyway , @VirMach said a few posts above that we will have to wait for the E5 nodes to be moved in bulk. This might happen soon or in the next millennium :D

• @ZA_capetown said: "[..] So while we're NOT GUARANTEEING this will happen [..]"

I also found this quite confusing and needed to check it quite a number of times. The sentence prior says that they plan to phase out the servers with older processors. The second sentence says that it's not guaranteed that they are actually phased out, but the second part of the sentence says that you'll actually get a ryzen server anyway, even if they choose not to phase out these older servers.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JasperNL said:

@ZA_capetown said: "[..] So while we're NOT GUARANTEEING this will happen [..]"

I also found this quite confusing and needed to check it quite a number of times. The sentence prior says that they plan to phase out the servers with older processors. The second sentence says that it's not guaranteed that they are actually phased out, but the second part of the sentence says that you'll actually get a ryzen server anyway, even if they choose not to phase out these older servers.

Not guaranteeing doesn't mean guaranteeing that we're not.

• @VirMach said: Not guaranteeing doesn't mean guaranteeing that we're not.

What do you mean?

• @Degelta said:

@VirMach said: 3GB MIGRATION SPECIAL

AMS location

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
     #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
     #                     v2021-06-05                    #
     # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Jul  5 02:49:26 EDT 2021

Basic System Information:
     ---------------------------------
     Processor  : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
     CPU cores  : 3 @ 3399.998 MHz
     AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
     RAM        : 2.9 GiB
     Swap       : 256.0 MiB
     Disk       : 58.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
     Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
       ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
     Read       | 79.04 MB/s   (19.7k) | 633.64 MB/s   (9.9k)
     Write      | 79.25 MB/s   (19.8k) | 636.97 MB/s   (9.9k)
     Total      | 158.30 MB/s  (39.5k) | 1.27 GB/s    (19.8k)
                |                      |                     
     Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
     Read       | 756.62 MB/s   (1.4k) | 855.27 MB/s    (835)
     Write      | 796.82 MB/s   (1.5k) | 912.23 MB/s    (890)
     Total      | 1.55 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.76 GB/s     (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
     Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                     |                           |                 |                
     Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 924 Mbits/sec  
     Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 948 Mbits/sec   | busy           
     WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 913 Mbits/sec  
     Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 523 Mbits/sec   | 171 Mbits/sec  
     Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 466 Mbits/sec  
     Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.21 Gbits/sec  | 271 Mbits/sec  
     Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 791 Mbits/sec   | 425 Mbits/sec  
     Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 345 Mbits/sec   | 206 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
     Test            | Value                         
                     |                               
     Single Core     | 595                           
     Multi Core      | 1690                          
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/8689058

After migration:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Jun 28 17:15:10 EDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC-Milan Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 3693.060 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 2.9 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 58.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel     : 4.19.0-20-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 483.35 MB/s (120.8k) | 742.50 MB/s  (11.6k)
    Write      | 484.63 MB/s (121.1k) | 746.41 MB/s  (11.6k)
    Total      | 967.99 MB/s (241.9k) | 1.48 GB/s    (23.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 2.56 GB/s     (5.0k) | 3.12 GB/s     (3.0k)
    Write      | 2.70 GB/s     (5.2k) | 3.33 GB/s     (3.2k)
    Total      | 5.26 GB/s    (10.2k) | 6.46 GB/s     (6.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 935 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 939 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 884 Mbits/sec   | 748 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 869 Mbits/sec   | 859 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 169 Mbits/sec   | 238 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 774 Mbits/sec   | 531 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1411                          
    Multi Core      | 3583                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15718376

• one month past,when my money will be refound???
    @VirMach

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited July 2022

The network page states "The VPS controls will go down shortly for maintenance." Also there are other critical messages, but they do not mention AMS.

My VPS is down altogether, since yesterday. I requested a cancellation to apply by the end of the month. That doesn't mean I want to cancel my server altogether. I cannot access SolusVM. I haven't had a relocation to Ryzen yet. What's going on?

• Woooo I've been migrated!

• @pengxiaochao said:
    one month past,when my money will be refound???
    @VirMach

What's your vm spec? Maybe I can take it off your hand if VirMach allows.

• @JasperNL said:
    Woooo I've been migrated!

Is your vps working? my special was also migrated to AMSD027 node , but I don't have ssh access and I can't ping the new IP.

• @mjcoliveira90 said: Is your vps working? my special was also migrated to AMSD027 node , but I don't have ssh access and I can't ping the new IP.

It's working as intended. Actually, they did not even reset my data and things are running fine nonetheless.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90