Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@kennedyfu said:
    512MB Migration Special,The migrate ryzen button on my panel disappeared and I want to migrate to San Jose
    Invoice #1253316
    Transaction:2021070722001355861439392005

I'd also need to know more specifically what occurred before it disappeared here as well.

• wooleowooleo Member
    edited May 2022

Invoice #1253087

I can't find the migrate ryzen button, maybe I clicked it in the last few weeks.But it does not work.

• garylzgarylz Member

Ticket Created #218924
    I bought the migration special last year. Now I received an email that said I could migrate without data. However, I could not find that button. Please help!

• jdjxjdjx Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@jdjx said:
    It was nice to receive your transfer notification email, but an accident happened. I used the button when it first appeared, it didn't work and it has disappeared. What can I do now? I look forward to your help.

Can you let me know how it did not work? As specifically as possible.

The detail is after I click the 'ryzen migrate' (without data and the goal node is available),only got another IP without node change and the button disappeared.Just like this.

• loringloring Member

I click the 'ryzen migrate' (without data and the goal node is available),only got another IP without node change and the button disappeared.I want to migrate to San Jose,please help me!thanks!
    Invoice #1253316

• @jdjx said:

@VirMach said:

@jdjx said:
    It was nice to receive your transfer notification email, but an accident happened. I used the button when it first appeared, it didn't work and it has disappeared. What can I do now? I look forward to your help.

The detail is after I click the 'ryzen migrate' (without data and the goal node is available),only got another IP without node change and the button disappeared.Just like this.

I'm having the same issue, I have 5x migration specials, of which I have tried to complete migration on three and only received an update to the 'IP Address' however the previous node information/panel links remain. When booting or VNC it is for the server on the old node.

Server Ids:
    Migrated (though unsuccessfully) - 610613, 601896, 601776,
    Not yet migrated - 603613, 602191

Let me know if you need more info,

Cheers

• @digitalwicked said:

@jdjx said:

@VirMach said:

@jdjx said:

I'm having the same issue, I have 5x migration specials, of which I have tried to complete migration on three and only received an update to the 'IP Address' however the previous node information/panel links remain. When booting or VNC it is for the server on the old node.

Server Ids:
    Migrated (though unsuccessfully) - 610613, 601896, 601776,
    Not yet migrated - 603613, 602191

Let me know if you need more info,

Cheers

same here

• mjcoliveira90mjcoliveira90 Member
    edited May 2022

I also clicked on the ryzen migration button and it just reserved an ip , but I'm still on the old node. I chose the option to migrate without data to AMS. @VirMach

Maybe that's how it works and then they're moved in bulk , But I'm not sure

• @mjcoliveira90 said: Maybe that's how it works and then they're moved in bulk.

That is the way I read things: your IP is reserved, for later migration.
    I thought it was clear enough.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
    edited May 2022

(edit) oops wrong thread.

Thanked by 1tototo
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

^ That was a good bit of diagnostic work going on there..
    Well done @Virmach

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @VirMach said: fically what occurred

At first I clicked on migrate to San Jose without data and nothing happened, then I clicked on migrate to Los Angeles and the button disappeared

• @VirMach
    I clicked Ryzen Migration button before, without data to JP, and I am happy to be on the waiting list. Now I an additional JP IP but the service is still running in LA and no more Ryzen Migration button.

Should I wait till the migration happens or the new IP will never work and I have to apply for a new Ryzen Migration button?

• digitalwickeddigitalwicked Member
    edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@mjcoliveira90 said: Maybe that's how it works and then they're moved in bulk.

That is the way I read things: your IP is reserved, for later migration.
    I thought it was clear enough.

I read it to be an automatic (near real time/immediate process) when you hit the button without data but maybe wrong. This was in the email:

If you are interested, please visit your product details page, and look for the "Ryzen Migrate" button. Click this, and you'll see a prompt allowing you to select a location where you can immediately migrate to without data. Please note, this is "without data" so your service will be terminated and created as a fresh VM on a Ryzen node.

@mjcoliveira90 said: I also clicked on the ryzen migration button and it just reserved an ip , but I'm still on the old node. I chose the option to migrate without data to AMS. @VirMach

Seems to be a problem with Amsterdam, we'll get it sorted tomorrow.

@ogx103201 said:
    @VirMach
    I clicked Ryzen Migration button before, without data to JP, and I am happy to be on the waiting list. Now I an additional JP IP but the service is still running in LA and no more Ryzen Migration button.

Should I wait till the migration happens or the new IP will never work and I have to apply for a new Ryzen Migration button?

You'd have to wait until migration with data occurs for your node.

@kennedyfu said:

@VirMach said: fically what occurred

At first I clicked on migrate to San Jose without data and nothing happened, then I clicked on migrate to Los Angeles and the button disappeared

Los Angeles is IP reservation and waitlist only for when your node gets migrated.

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • @VirMach
    Perhaps some clarity is required?
    From a personal viewpoint..
    1. My SEAZ001 (now SEAZ004) Ryzen Special 2560 has a reserved IP. Presumably this is queued for migration to NYC, when a node becomes available.
    2. My AMSKVM3 2GB Migration Special has a reserved IP and is presumably in a queue for migration, once you sort out AMS, as mentioned above.

I'm not intending to harass you, rather point out where confusion may arise. I'm in no rush and have always accepted that migration wouldn't be immediate.

From a customer's perspective, there's is for example no open Ticket to show that migration is in progress/stalled/complete. Could be a main cause for the impatient complaints?

P.S. keep up the great work!

• drizbodrizbo Member

Just aproximately, in how long would you expect migration with data be available?

edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @VirMach
    Perhaps some clarity is required?
    From a personal viewpoint..
    1. My SEAZ001 (now SEAZ004) Ryzen Special 2560 has a reserved IP. Presumably this is queued for migration to NYC, when a node becomes available.
    2. My AMSKVM3 2GB Migration Special has a reserved IP and is presumably in a queue for migration, once you sort out AMS, as mentioned above.

I'm not intending to harass you, rather point out where confusion may arise. I'm in no rush and have always accepted that migration wouldn't be immediate.

From a customer's perspective, there's is for example no open Ticket to show that migration is in progress/stalled/complete. Could be a main cause for the impatient complaints?

P.S. keep up the great work!

Yeah, the roll-out wasn't great and we had a huge time crunch on the coding. This is actually not how I originally envisioned any of this but it's what was possible.

Originally, there was an idea to allow people to reserve an IP address because a main concern for those being migrated was that they wanted to know their IP address beforehand. Then, a separate second concern was getting people where they wanted to go and keeping count so we knew where to send servers and to get people a desired location. Finally, and I'm over-simplifying this greatly as this last bit was another few different ideas with different intentions, we wanted to let people choose to terminate their service and get a new Ryzen service faster. This would save us time and it's the only type of migration that would be possible self-serve.

All of this was intended to be separate features and they had their own timelines, all of which we missed. So in the end, the IP "reservation" script became the same as the location reservation script (which was originally going to be closer to letting us know of your preference.) And both of these got delayed so much that it ended up morphing into the migration script (which was originally going to be with data, with an option to terminate and "pause" your service and get credited while you waited.)

And the original migration script idea was going to be a lot more complicated on the back end but it ended up just being too ambitious. We were actually going to use it to fully automate node migrations when we desired, and also allowing very specific sets of people go first in the queue, with it opening up the closer a node got to being migrated. We were also going to have clearly defined periods where someone can migrate to any location Ryzen and then pick their location afterward when it's ready, as well as queuing a migration to occur as soon as space was available. And again, I'm writing a lot but I'm still oversimplifying and leaving out a huge portion of the set of features I desired. Of course, almost none of that came to fruition.

Even the current process/idea was not fully executed how we wanted due to time crunch, which is where it got messier than I had hoped. It was supposed to let you pick an IP address first to reserve your spot, and then after this portion was done, allow you to migrate instantly when your spot was ready (which could be immediate, but this method would have removed most of the current confusion.) It was also meant to work independently from any action on our part, even for the reservation portion, and it was supposed to still have a very dumbed down version of the service "pause" feature.

But here's how it ended up working, as in this is how it functions right now:

• There are a set of plans and/or nodes eligible for using the feature.
    • Immediate migration and IP/spot reservations are both in one dropdown.

Then:

• If you select an immediate migration location, and confirm it by selecting without data, it is supposed to complete immediately.
    • If you select an immediate migration location, and say you want your data, it will revert to the IP/spot reservation only, then it's scenario A below.
    • If you select a location NOT marked as immediate migration and you say you want your data, it will be an IP/spot reservation only, then scenario B below.
    • If you select a location NOT marked as immediate migration and you say you do not want your data, it will be an IP/spot reservation only, but scenario B below.

Scenario A:

You are in this scenario if you want your data. When we are migrating the node that you are on, we have a script that quickly bundles you together with all other people on your current node that want to go to a certain location. We manually migrate you with data to your selected location & reserved IP address on the undetermined day of migration.

Scenario B:

You are in this scenario if you want your data, but want to move to a location not yet available. When we are migrating the node that you are on, your data will be copied over to a default available location if the location you selected is still not available and it will proceed as a normal migration as if you had not selected anything. Otherwise, you'll be moved over to the selected location & reserved IP address on the undetermined day of migration.

Scenario C:

You are in this scenario if you do not want your data, but want to move to a location not yet available. When we are migrating the node, you'll be left behind. Your data will not be copied over. Your service may be terminated, and you will have to wait until it is created on the location you selected, when available. If the location is available on the undetermined day of migration, then you'll be terminated and recreated instead of migrated.

(edit) a lot of this was communicated as we had it ready and the above plans are not set in stone. Of course we will try our best to try to avoid any of that by just having the nodes available on the day of migration, and if we have the time we'll try to let people in scenario C move onto their service faster than having to wait for the date of migration.

edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: 1. My SEAZ001 (now SEAZ004) Ryzen Special 2560 has a reserved IP. Presumably this is queued for migration to NYC, when a node becomes available.

This is something that was not planned or intended initially (for this script.) Since you're already on Ryzen, this would not be a priority on our list and we'll have to work that in with another script.

To be clear, we did have the intention of allowing everyone to move around once everyone is settled, but that was a separate project, and we are still planning on doing it.

In your situation, it's best to treat it as an indication of preference and we'll try our best to accommodate it but please understand that it's not a guarantee right now that you'll be moved any time soon. We have no reason to deny your request though and we did allow the tool to be used in this case since we were already planning on allowing people to move around one last time once settled.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@AlwaysSkint said: 2. My AMSKVM3 2GB Migration Special has a reserved IP and is presumably in a queue for migration, once you sort out AMS, as mentioned above.

In this case this acts as:

@VirMach said: Originally, there was an idea to allow people to reserve an IP address because a main concern for those being migrated was that they wanted to know their IP address beforehand

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said: .. wanted to know their IP address beforehand.

Note that I only clicked to migrate, once AMS was shown as being available ie. after the skits (Psychz) debacle and xTom had stepped into being the savior. ;) Others had already posted yabs on the new node(s) at this point.

[Edit]
    P.S. I bet your comprehensive explanation above gets a bit screwey when translated to Chinese. :o

• J0rmoJ0rmo Member
    edited May 2022

In short,

Only some plans eligible for ryzen migration now.

Only the migration without data to the location marked with asterisked(*) will succeed immediately. Other migration requests will enter a paused state.

• @J0rmo said:
    In short,

Only some plans eligible for ryzen migration now.

Only the migration without data to the location marked with asterisked(*) will succeed immediately. Other migration requests will enter a paused state.

Except in Amsterdam, which seems to have some error as @VirMach said.

Even choosing migration without data, it only reserves an ip.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: .. wanted to know their IP address beforehand.

Note that I only clicked to migrate, once AMS was shown as being available ie. after the skits (Psychz) debacle and xTom had stepped into being the savior. ;) Others had already posted yabs on the new node(s) at this point.

Oh in this case it sounds more like the bug I mentioned, I'm waiting for our developer to get back on to patch it and hopefully we can just manually fix all the ones that did properly select immediate migration without data.

As in, if that's the situation you're in best case scenario you'll be in Amsterdam by tomorrow.

P.S. I bet your comprehensive explanation above gets a bit screwey when translated to Chinese. :o

Yeah, one of the reasons I decided against making the explanation any more thorough aka complicated on the website. Not just translated to Chinese, but all languages as we have global customers, and then of course all the customers that don't really hang around message boards and just take 30 seconds out of their day to figure out what's going on with their service.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • guokeguoke Member

My migration button disappeared, maybe I chose to migrate with data before, please restore my migration button
    Ticket Created #246886

• totototototo Member

@guoke said:
    My migration button disappeared, maybe I chose to migrate with data before, please restore my migration button
    Ticket Created #246886

You can read

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • someversomever Member

@VirMach said:
    and hopefully we can just manually fix all the ones that did properly select immediate migration without data.

Does the button Ryzen Migrate "immediate migration without data" have a limit of usage count?
    I mean, if several times operation of "immediate migration without data"(Ryzen) is allowed, or this operation is only allowed for one single time?
    Thanks <3

• add_iTadd_iT Member

So where DC in Ams location?

Any test IP ??

@add_iT said:
    So where DC in Ams location?

Any test IP ??

MainCubes AMS01 near Schiphol airport. No test IP right now.

Thanked by 1FrankZ