Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@somever said:

@VirMach said:
    and hopefully we can just manually fix all the ones that did properly select immediate migration without data.

Does the button Ryzen Migrate "immediate migration without data" have a limit of usage count?
    I mean, if several times operation of "immediate migration without data"(Ryzen) is allowed, or this operation is only allowed for one single time?
    Thanks <3

If you migrate to a node that isn't allowed to migrate, then it would end there. It's theoretically possible to be able to do it more than once but highly likely that it will only be once.

• someversomever Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:
    If you migrate to a node that isn't allowed to migrate, then it would end there. It's theoretically possible to be able to do it more than once but highly likely that it will only be once.

There are 7 locations with (*) in Ryzen Migrate.

Does several times "migrate without data" between these (*) location is allowed?
    Or it's allowed for only one time?

Thanks <3

• @somever said:
    Does several times "migrate without data" between these (*) location is allowed?

You could try to select 7, but my guess is you'll probably then only randomly end up at only 1.
    It could make things interesting and fun for you though. :-D

(If the above is confusing. No. I'd think you can only pick 1.)

• @somever said:
    There are 7 locations with (*) in Ryzen Migrate.

Thanks <3

Why do you want to "abuse" the system? I don't get it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • xhy1640xhy1640 Member

ticket #236090
    Invoice #1253865

I can't find the migrate ryzen button, maybe I clicked it in the last few weeks.But it does not work.

• Ticket #798627 Invoice #1253853
    I made a decision after thinking about it, I can give up the data in exchange for moving to the Tokyo data center earlier (
    If this is possible. Looks like more will be created this week. Hopefully mine will be in these.
    The reason I wish to migrate earlier is that I have a machine for blogging that is about to expire, and I plan to move to this machine that will be migrated to Tokyo on April 30th , as we all know, the virtual machine was not migrated to Tokyo

• xhy1640xhy1640 Member

1253865 is Migration Special,and I get the email that I can select a location where you can immediately migrate to without data.but you replied my account is no longer eligible for migrating to Ryzen at this time ! so why Migration Special cannot migrate but other can do it ?
    when I buy the service,you provide that dates of 09/30/2021 to 04/30/2022 will finish migration, now you tell me that my account is no longer eligible for migrating to Ryzen at this time !????
    It is Fraud?

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • skorousskorous Member

@xhy1640 said:
    1253865 is Migration Special,and I get the email that I can select a location where you can immediately migrate to without data.but you replied my account is no longer eligible for migrating to Ryzen at this time ! so why Migration Special cannot migrate but other can do it ?
    when I buy the service,you provide that dates of 09/30/2021 to 04/30/2022 will finish migration, now you tell me that my account is no longer eligible for migrating to Ryzen at this time !????
    It is Fraud?

Nope, you might consider reading the thread though.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3420718#Comment_3420718

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • totototototo Member

@xhy1640 said:

It is Fraud?

Migration was planed to be finished by 04/30/2022 but it is behind schedule for various reasons.
    And you may have misread their reply. They say your migration will be done. However, it is not now and they cannot provide exactly when.
    In any case, you will have to wait. If you can't wait, you should not have signed up for the "planned" offer.

Thanked by 2FrankZ VirMach
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@skorous said: Nope, you might consider reading the thread though.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3420718#Comment_3420718

• drizbodrizbo Member

So... Did anyone do this for AMS yet? And does it work? new yabs?

• mjcoliveira90mjcoliveira90 Member
    edited May 2022

@drizbo said:
    So... Did anyone do this for AMS yet? And does it work? new yabs?

Waiting @VirMach fix the problem.
    Those people who use ryzen button to migrate without data to AMS are still stuck in the old CC E5 Nodes

edited May 2022

@xhy1640 said:

It is Fraud?

You'll still be migrated "when we process a full node migration at an undetermined time."

We can't manually do these one by one via ticket, sorry. If your service is functional right now then it's functional and it's not an emergency.

• cgs3238cgs3238 Member

Excuse me, where are the eggs?

• @mjcoliveira90 said: AMS are still stuck in the old CC E5 Nodes

Being worked on - a little more patience required.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: @mjcoliveira90 said: AMS are still stuck in the old CC E5 Nodes

@Virmach this seems to be still the case; mine still stuck after your kind intervention.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90

@AlwaysSkint said:

@AlwaysSkint said: @mjcoliveira90 said: AMS are still stuck in the old CC E5 Nodes

@Virmach this seems to be still the case; mine still stuck after your kind intervention.

I had to disable the transfers for the Ryzen button as there’s a bad bug in there causing some VMs to terminate and move without data on IP reservation. I don’t know when it’ll come back or if it’ll come back, I’m pretty upset our developer let a bug like that leak through so I’m going to stop rushing him for a fix. Luckily not that many were affected by the time I caught it and it looks like it was only in the latest version. Maybe we’ll bring it back without the IP reservation feature. All that seemed to do is confuse people anyway, some guy even set the reserved IP as his main IP and said nothing about it and was complaining about his VPS being “down” and I spent longer than I should’ve trying to figure that one out (like 5 minutes, but still.) We can just manually process them maybe for people who absolutely need to know their IP beforehand.

As for migrations without data paid option, a lot of them did work but a good number didn’t and we’re going to focus on that for Sunday.

I have no tool to quickly do migrations without data as the plans all have many different specifications and I’d have to manually edit the plan each time and we’re having another database issue with our SolusVM module where every edit takes like 10 minutes to go through.

And finally I’d migrate them with data but we have… yep, another bug since updating SolusVM versions. All their recent change logs have been changing PHP versions so I’m guessing that’s causing the migration feature to get stuck. So I can’t do any migrations with data basically and I have to wait for SolusVM support to let me know how to even debug it since it’s not spitting out any errors and it’s all ioncubed.

And finally, I could technically manually migrate these but because each request is highly likely to be on a separate node it would take an extremely long time setting up each node with temporary SSH keys to another specific just to migrate one VM at a time. A lot of them also would need to be prepped for this which means checking version mismatches for software on old nodes, and grabbing the correct missing packages to make it work.

Definitely hasn’t been a good weekend. Most my time has been spent answering people complaining about it or complaining about the button missing now as well as some people freaking out about the maintenance and making every imaginable custom request you can think of … we even had one guy migrate using the button (successfully) and then asking specifically to be moved back to the Intel E5 node.

• Mine isn't in service, so no data required. It can wait. Thanks.
    [Having a bit of a rough day, for entirely different reasons from you. Take it easy.]

• Is there any news about migrations on AMS? The mail stated that it'd migrated this weekend, but it didn't :(

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Empty said: Please be aware that VirMach is a scammer when purchasing this merchant service, please see here:

Seems that you have a habit of coming to LET only so as to write
    I got scammed threads and little else.

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • qquccsqquccs Member

The sjc002 node has been offline for a week, why hasn't it been repaired?

• skorousskorous Member

@qquccs said:
    The sjc002 node has been offline for a week, why hasn't it been repaired?

To piss you off of course

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach No updates here ?
    Any idea when we can move to AMS without data?

Cheers

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @VirMach
    Any idea when we can move toTYO without data?
    ticket: #798627 Invoice #1253853

• KensouKensou Member

Is there a new schedule for migration plans?

• jdjxjdjx Member

@Kensou said:
    Is there a new schedule for migration plans?

my migration vps have downed for more than 10 days, and nothing vir do during the time, no email, no notice.
    I think what should I do is be patient.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@vdt19840 said:
    [image]
    @VirMach

You've made your point. Please don't continue to post this

Thanked by 2FrankZ tototo
  • msattmsatt Member

@VirMach I know how many 'issues' are going on and understand that you are doing your best to deal with them. But you have entered into contracts and expect us to honour your TOS so you should also be honouring your sales.

I bought 2 migration specials and appreciate you said

The initial batch of servers we are filling at the beginning of this sale, for example, are currently destined to be moved off by 11/11/2021. Others may be sooner or later.

Well I purchased in July 2021 :(
    You also sent an email saying

We apologize for the delays in migrating your special. We originally stated expected dates of 09/30/2021 to 04/30/2022, but it is now 05/01/2022.

Your migrate to Ryzen button was used (and failed).
    So if we are lucky, we may have around 2 months when we may get a Ryzen. This is really pushing things to an extreme.

Please put some thought in to these specials and how you can mitigate the problems and also KEEP US UPDATED.

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • I got a mail that my service would be moved at May 8th. Didn't happen. Never got another message. The communication is very ill. I just want to know when I can use the ryzen VPS >_>