Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 193
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• qpasnhqpasnh Member

@JabJab said:

@qpasnh said: billing panel:
    billing panel:
    Total Re-installs: xx of 50 (50 free) - If you run out, please use the control panel directly.
    Other VPS SolusVM panels can be reinstalled. the TYOC030 vps: Reinstall PriceyVacant-VM (45.66.12x.xx): No media found for this virtual server.

I am confused. Why just not reinstall from billing panel like other people suggested/told you earlier? To you want to have this service working or you searching for problems?

Did you really run out of 50 free reinstall from panel within a week? What are you doing to that server? Then I would suggest saying something along the lines "I run out of 50 free reinstalls from billing panel, there is no media synced in SolusVM, service id is: XYZ. Please increase free reinstalls or sync SolusVM"?

Again:
    What is the REAL problem?

50, not 1 week. is lifetime. Only 50 times in total.
    Why does SolusVM panel not work properly?
    Reinstall PriceyVacant-VM
    No media found for this virtual server

• totototototo Member

@qpasnh said:

@JabJab said:

@qpasnh said: billing panel:
    billing panel:
    Total Re-installs: xx of 50 (50 free) - If you run out, please use the control panel directly.
    Other VPS SolusVM panels can be reinstalled. the TYOC030 vps: Reinstall PriceyVacant-VM (45.66.12x.xx): No media found for this virtual server.

I am confused. Why just not reinstall from billing panel like other people suggested/told you earlier? To you want to have this service working or you searching for problems?

Did you really run out of 50 free reinstall from panel within a week? What are you doing to that server? Then I would suggest saying something along the lines "I run out of 50 free reinstalls from billing panel, there is no media synced in SolusVM, service id is: XYZ. Please increase free reinstalls or sync SolusVM"?

Again:
    What is the REAL problem?

50, not 1 week. is lifetime. Only 50 times in total.

That is the limit to avoid abuse. In most cases providers will reset it as needed.

Why does SolusVM panel not work properly?

For example, it is one of the causes that some people open useless tickets. Those tickets hide useful feedback that can help fix bugs.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@axman said:

@VirMach said: Los Angeles just got some servers dropped off. Switch gets delivered tomorrow. This location should be up by the 1st.

Update? Thanks!

Networking team at DC is getting IPMI functional right now.

Then I need to drive there and add in some drives because I'm making a minor adjustment to the servers.

Thanked by 2FrankZ axman
    edited May 2022

@qpasnh said: Why does SolusVM panel not work properly?

To fix SolusVM at this point I need to know your plan name. Here, not in a ticket.

Thanked by 2tototo FrankZ
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@7cloud said:

Please watch your language

edited May 2022

Lots and lots of tickets about Ryzen migration button. Last chance to close yours, in case you're reading this or you'll be added to permanent no migrate list for the button, sorry. Unless it's an actual issue where your VM got stuck/is not functional.

Thanked by 2FrankZ FAT32
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Tokyom said:

@pdd said:

@TimCaro said:

@pdd said:

@Tokyom said:
    Please look at my work order

“Work order”???Wtf!Stop disgracing the Chinese people!

So what? banana :)

What are you talking about, NMSLese B)

Don't let me know your account number on loc,,You gallant "westerner" Chinese,GNN.CNM

Please watch your language and use English

• totototototo Member

@VirMach said:
    To fix SolusVM at this point I need to know your plan name. Here, not in a ticket.

This reminded me that when I click on VPS Control Panel button on my (idle) BF-SPECIAL-2020 does not open the SolusVM panel and shows Invalid vserverid or username B)

• qpasnhqpasnh Member

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1400354
    Ryzen Special 768. Node Name: TYOC030
    Bandwidth: 0 B of 2 TB
    Reinstall PriceyVacant-VM (45.66.12x.xx)
    Thanks.

edited May 2022

@qpasnh said:

@VirMach said:

Invoice #1400354
    Ryzen Special 768. Node Name: TYOC030
    Bandwidth: 0 B of 2 TB
    Reinstall PriceyVacant-VM (45.66.12x.xx)
    Thanks.

Hmm, looks like SolusVM only goes based off what was available at time of creation maybe, even though this was later fixed. I'll have to see how we can force it to overwrite.

Edit -- Added yours for now, we'll have to figure out a way to mass update in DB.

• totototototo Member

@VirMach said:
    Lots and lots of tickets about Ryzen migration button. Last chance to close yours, in case you're reading this or you'll be added to permanent no migrate list for the button, sorry. Unless it's an actual issue where your VM got stuck/is not functional.

That is a very interesting idea, do you plan to add it to https://virmach.com/ryzen-special-offer-news-updates/ ?

edited May 2022

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

That is a very interesting idea, do you plan to add it to https://virmach.com/ryzen-special-offer-news-updates/ ?

It's mostly unrelated to that sale so it wouldn't help. Most people see the button for their E5 services or word of mouth from people who see others using it and then create a ticket.

I'm just throwing that out there as I have to kind of give people following our updates as a light warning. The default should be not to create tickets about it as it defeats the purpose of self-serve but I understand why some people make it, we'll just block them off from using it if it has issues for now and nothing really changes, they'll have to wait for mass migration as originally planned.

I'll maybe add more info on the button area itself and add a button for ineligible people telling them not to create a ticket.

• jinwypjinwyp Member

@FrankZ said:

@jinwyp said:
    Hi:

Could you check this ticket ? https://billing.virmach.com/viewticket.php?tid=961792&c=PmjUEeLf

The SJKVM10 networking is too slow. Only 3k/s, can't install anythings on the server .

Could you migrate two server (107.172.99.122 and 107.174.255.90 ) to another node?

Thank you for contacting LowEndHelpDesk

In regards to your request to migrate VPS at IPv4 107.172.99.122 and 107.174.255.90. These VPS are on Colo-Crossing nodes and are most likely not eligible for migration at this time. At some point in the future these VPS will be migrated when the rest of the node is migrated. I do not have a specific date that this will happen, but you will receive an email notification from VirMach some time before the migration happens.

In regard your slow network speed, from my testing this may be an issue with the current configuration of your VPS, as I am showing no packet loss or slow speeds until I get to your IP. I could try to help you correct this, but it would probably be faster for you to correct it by taking backups of your VPS, then reinstalling from a template, and then checking the network speed from your end before changing anything after the install.

If your network speed improves after the reinstall you should close your ticket tid=961792&c=PmjUEeLf

I have reinstalled os centos7 using VPS control panel, but network speed still very slow.
    I have backup all data on these two server.

Could you help me to reinstall os and check what's the problem of network on these two servers? When I used curl or wget command, the download speed only 3k/s

• totototototo Member

@VirMach said:

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

It's mostly unrelated to that sale so it wouldn't help. Most people see the button for their E5 services or word of mouth from people who see others using it and then create a ticket.

I'm just throwing that out there as I have to kind of give people following our updates as a light warning. The default should be not to create tickets about it as it defeats the purpose of self-serve but I understand why some people make it, we'll just block them off from using it if it has issues for now and nothing really changes, they'll have to wait for mass migration as originally planned.

I understood your point. I should have thought about how many people miss the message We are aware of a potentially service impacting issue.
    By the way, did you see the suggestion about the Chinese message?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3419659/#Comment_3419659
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3419670/#Comment_3419670

We're getting a quite high number of these requests, to pay to migrate with data to Ryzen. Should we switch over migrations to Ryzen and allow them for the regular $5 rate for anyone ineligible or who don't want to wait? We'll eventually have to do this anyway for migrations as we phase out older nodes or otherwise we have to close off paid migration service for a while.

Let me know what you guys thing.

@tototo said: By the way, did you see the suggestion about the Chinese message?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3419659/#Comment_3419659
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3419670/#Comment_3419670

I got too many suggestions, not sure which one to go with right now. Is the current message fully broken or does it make some sense/show up legibly?

• totototototo Member
    edited May 2022

@jinwyp said:

@FrankZ said:

@jinwyp said:
    Hi:

Could you check this ticket ? https://billing.virmach.com/viewticket.php?tid=961792&c=PmjUEeLf

The SJKVM10 networking is too slow. Only 3k/s, can't install anythings on the server .

Could you migrate two server (107.172.99.122 and 107.174.255.90 ) to another node?

Thank you for contacting LowEndHelpDesk

In regards to your request to migrate VPS at IPv4 107.172.99.122 and 107.174.255.90. These VPS are on Colo-Crossing nodes and are most likely not eligible for migration at this time. At some point in the future these VPS will be migrated when the rest of the node is migrated. I do not have a specific date that this will happen, but you will receive an email notification from VirMach some time before the migration happens.

In regard your slow network speed, from my testing this may be an issue with the current configuration of your VPS, as I am showing no packet loss or slow speeds until I get to your IP. I could try to help you correct this, but it would probably be faster for you to correct it by taking backups of your VPS, then reinstalling from a template, and then checking the network speed from your end before changing anything after the install.

If your network speed improves after the reinstall you should close your ticket tid=961792&c=PmjUEeLf

I have reinstalled os centos7 using VPS control panel, but network speed still very slow.

Could you help me to reinstall os and check what's the problem of network on these two servers? When I used curl or wget command, the download speed only 3k/s

FrankZ is great but he is an unofficial supporter and unrelated to VirMach.
    What is the download speed of this command? curl -o /dev/null https://speed.cloudflare.com/__down?bytes=100000000
    Also, does installing an OS other than CentOS improve the speed? (Almalinux, Ubuntu, ...)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • fanfan Veteran

@VirMach said: Is the current message fully broken or does it make some sense/show up legibly?

The text conveys the intended message I think, people who don't read won't read anyway.

But changing the clickable red text "翻译 ( = translate)" to “中文 or 汉语 ( = Chinese)” could possibly prevent some from using their browser's built-in translation, which sometimes produces funny results.

• totototototo Member

@VirMach said:

I got too many suggestions, not sure which one to go with right now. Is the current message fully broken or does it make some sense/show up legibly?

According to the people on this forum and my Chinese friend, it's not completely broken but a bit confusing. Integrating their suggestions, this seems better than current translation.

Translate.svg

作为我们向 Ryzen 主机节点迁移的一环,我们允许客户选择将其服务迁移至何处,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区。

带有 * 星号的地区表示你可以在选择不保留数据的情况下立刻迁移过去。
    其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划。
    在点击提交以后,系统为尝试为你在迁移目的地区 * 保留新的 IP 地址,但并不表示迁移会立即发生。

If you don't need a lot of time to fix this, I think you should update this.

@tototo said:

@VirMach said:

According to the people on this forum and my Chinese friend, it's not completely broken but a bit confusing. Integrating their suggestions, this seems better than current translation.

Translate.svg

作为我们向 Ryzen 主机节点迁移的一环,我们允许客户选择将其服务迁移至何处,请在下面选择你偏好迁移到的目标地区。

带有 * 星号的地区表示你可以在选择不保留数据的情况下立刻迁移过去。
    其他地区则需要等待后续的迁移计划。
    在点击提交以后,系统为尝试为你在迁移目的地区 * 保留新的 IP 地址,但并不表示迁移会立即发生。

If you don't need a lot of time to fix this, I think you should update this.

Okay thanks, this is a lot more concise and I can just copy/paste and switch it. Added to my to-do list for today.

Thanked by 1tototo

@VirMach said:
    We're getting a quite high number of these requests, to pay to migrate with data to Ryzen. Should we switch over migrations to Ryzen and allow them for the regular $5 rate for anyone ineligible or who don't want to wait? We'll eventually have to do this anyway for migrations as we phase out older nodes or otherwise we have to close off paid migration service for a while.

Okay since I didn't hear back I'm going to proceed with switching the migration option to Ryzen since we don't want to migrate people and then migrate them again when the 2nd E5 node they moved to is decommissioned.

Thanked by 3FrankZ skorous mrTom
  • JabJabJabJab Member

I must say you ballsy to allow migration with data, for 5$. You will get hundreds of tickets: IT WORKED BEFORE MIGRATION, IT DOES NOT WORK AFTER, PLEASE FIX.

Especially that people are running Debian 6 there or even older OS that won't even work with Ryzen... :D

• @VirMach said:
    Okay since I didn't hear back I'm going to proceed with switching the migration option to Ryzen since we don't want to migrate people and then migrate them again when the 2nd E5 node they moved to is decommissioned.

Big +1 on this, seems like a great idea.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2022

@jinwyp said: I have reinstalled os centos7 using VPS control panel, but network speed still very slow.

Can you please install mtr

yum -y install mtr

and PM me the results of

mtr -zw 1.1.1.1

and

ip route show

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@RecD said:
    Which location is available for instant migration?
    Will you consider adding the numbers of migration pending queues to the Ryzen-update page?

Ryzen update is only for this sale, it's not meant to track anything else and we can't add these as it'd take too much time.

The locations available for instant migrations are marked. I have a fix for Amsterdam that I haven't uploaded yet but it should go live today.

Is it still today in your country?

• @tr1cky said:

Where do you assume he located in?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@xpreboun said:

@tr1cky said:

Where do you assume he located in?

I don't know, somewhere in the US.

• skorousskorous Member

@VirMach said:

Sorry if I'm asking something dumb, but does this mean for $5 I can migrate whatever rando BF specials I have to Ryzen with data right now?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @skorous said: Sorry if I'm asking something dumb, but does this mean for $5 I can migrate whatever rando BF specials I have to Ryzen with data right now?

Yeah, but most likely don't worth it. Assuming most of migration will be in few weeks.

• Lets add some tickets to the queue "Frankfurt/Miami Pre-order" xD

Thanked by 1mrTom
This discussion has been closed.