Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• @MrWonder said: Do you notice that you are destroying you own image for offering such arrogant justifications as above?

Congratulations,virmach has been doubled respect in my mind

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited November 2021

@TimboJones said: What is GDPR position on records kept for fraud and abuse? I'm going to guess there are exceptions for obvious reasons.

Yes, GDPR does allow for data to be held for accounting and auditing as you would expect and there is a clause that explicitly mentions that such concerns override GDPR.

This would be obvious to anyone with half a brain; otherwise criminals would file GDPR requests shortly after a crime and leave no evidence when the audit or criminal investigation takes place.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    Alright let's kick off the easter eggs with a non-easter egg since I'm just letting you know in plain sight. I'm tired from preparing this and dealing with a lot of things today so I just want to at least have done one before I disappear for a couple hours :)

The first temporary length service is:

120 Days

512MB RAM
    15GB Disk
    1vCore
    2,000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4
    Buffalo, NY - Location

https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=194

It's $2.68 for 4 months. Remember, these are the type that fully terminate after 120 days, per WHMCS cron.

Let's give 100 of these away for free since you're here early. Let's hope this doesn't break WHMCS.

Coupon code:
    FREE120

Today is 120 days since this offer was posted.
    The end is nigh.
    Are you ready for involucration?

Today is one week past 120 days.
    Both box5 and box6 are still online.
    WHMCS cron is obviously broken.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

@yoursunny - Since these show as one time payment with no expiration date WHMCS thinks it is lifetime so it will never cancel it via cron.
    I expect they will need to be canceled manually, or from outside WHMCS.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • I feel like this "migration to Ryzen" was just a bait :D

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Really?

• As I remember, migration to Ryzen has been started last year.

Can I buy them next year?

• @yoursunny - Your 120 Day VPS has been terminated?

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2021

@FrankZ said:
    @yoursunny - Your 120 Day VPS has been terminated?

yes, mine is gone.

maybe they are getting ready.

but Thank you Virmach

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FrankZ said:
    @yoursunny - Your 120 Day VPS has been terminated?

Hi,

The monitor box5 VirMach temp (192.210.170.112) is currently DOWN (Host Is Unreachable)

Event timestamp: 2021-11-10 19:18:28 UTC+0

UptimeRobot will alert you when it is back up.

--

^^^
    which is never.

Buffalo 🦬 has gone dark on push-ups delivery network.
    Warsaw 🇵🇱 might be next (it's up for transfer).
    Miami 🏖 too because I need to unfran my network.

I bought Atlanta 🥤 in September and it has been idle.
    I need to get it setup before Chrome 97 release.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • any progress on ryzen migrateion? anyone know?

• @uzerhode said:
    any progress on ryzen migrateion?

Nor sir.

anyone know?

No sir.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2021

@uzerhode said:
    any progress on ryzen migrateion? anyone know?

@drizbo said:
    I feel like this "migration to Ryzen" was just a bait :D

@yoursunny said: Today is one week past 120 days.
    Both box5 and box6 are still online.
    WHMCS cron is obviously broken.

I didn't address this earlier but I'll do it very simply here: 120 day specials ended up on the wrong nodes. It was a mess, and that's why we didn't end up doing many of them even though we planned to have a hundred plus packages. Only 6 total were actually done.

The servers were supposed to be there sooner, we have a buffer period. We said 9/30/21 to 04/30/2022 (but not guaranteed) and we definitely missed getting them by October 1st. And we missed a lot of other planned ETAs for a lot of things... Seattle migration specials will receive an email first. Los Angeles was supposed to be the sooner one, that's the main one we missed and why it got pushed back. We're trying to avoid consolidations as I mentioned. It may end up happening though.

We'll definitely have enough servers by the end of year for all of these, and they'll naturally get migrated and/or just end up having an early self-migrate option.

We did successfully migrate Phoenix but I don't think we did a migration special for that.

• @VirMach Can you give some feedback about AMS ?

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint JasperNL
  • Two questions:

1. Any update on the timeline for AMS?
    2. Will a migration mean a purge of the data, or do you just plop the containers over?
    Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
  • JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited April 2022

@VirMach Any update regarding rolling out Ryzens? Also, how is it possible that your March specials provided Ryzens at a lower price?

• msattmsatt Member

On the 27th of March as a result of a ticket raised I received -

These have to be migrated in bulk or by the automated system. These will be scheduled independently but we ran into some issues that caused delays. You will receive communication soon via email. We cannot process these individually at this time.

• Very good

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@xiaoyaohuashu said:
    Very good

Congrats on your first post

• Any updates?

• @Lurkrazy said: Any updates?

Yes.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Lurkrazy said: Any updates?

Yes.

Here we go!

• @VirMach Due to what happened in Amsterdam, what will happen to those who bought this special?

• @mjcoliveira90 said:
    @VirMach Due to what happened in Amsterdam, what will happen to those who bought this special?

You mean if you will ever see ryzen cpu in this deal?

• jdjxjdjx Member

It was nice to receive your transfer notification email, but an accident happened. I used the button when it first appeared, it didn't work and it has disappeared. What can I do now? I look forward to your help.

Thanked by 16w6Pn2u7
  • I completed the migration form, but it stated that an IP was reserved that's not even in RIPE >_<

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@JasperNL said: an IP was reserved that's not even in RIPE

Try ARIN - makes for interesting local mirrors, for updates.

• gongyigongyi Member

Ticket #898553 , Invoice #1421985 it was paid on 04/22/2022, please help move my vps to the new location .

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@jdjx said:
    It was nice to receive your transfer notification email, but an accident happened. I used the button when it first appeared, it didn't work and it has disappeared. What can I do now? I look forward to your help.

Can you let me know how it did not work? As specifically as possible.

• 512MB Migration Special,The migrate ryzen button on my panel disappeared and I want to migrate to San Jose
    Invoice #1253316
    Transaction:2021070722001355861439392005