Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ S U M M E R H O S T S A L E ★ From $9/YR ★ 1GB $15/YR ★ Transfers To Ryzen ★ Easter Eggs

Comments

• The natives are getting restless. :|

Thanked by 2JasperNL FrankZ
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    The natives are getting restless. :|

Maybe we should subdue them, by feeding them chocolates...

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • totototototo Member

@ VirMach said: Please note, these are not Ryzen pre-orders. You are purchasing a regular package and it will at a later time be moved over to Ryzen. Please only purchase these specials if you're looking for a service and interested at these price-points for our current server offerings (not Ryzen.)

I think many people have either skipped over or forgotten this explanation. However, I can understand the feelings of those who had high hopes for VirMach's experience so far. Also I can also understand VirMach's feelings about getting into unexpected problems. After all, I don't want to blame anyone...

Thanked by 3SinV FrankZ skorous
  • JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited May 2022

@tototo said: I think many people have either skipped over or forgotten this explanation. However, I can understand the feelings of those who had high hopes for VirMach's experience so far. Also I can also understand VirMach's feelings about getting into unexpected problems. After all, I don't want to blame anyone...

In the initial post it said "in the near future" and later it was guaranteed that this meant "before the end of this year". I have a purpose for the server, so that it's on less powerful CPUs is not the matter.

What does frustrate me though, is that I've gotten an actual mail that the migration would have taken place on May 8th, while it didn't. I shut down the things that were running on my VPS and my main VPS'es took over, to properly set them up again on the new node the day thereafter. Nothing happened on may 8th, no updated ETA was given. At wednesday I asked when I could expect the migrate for real in a post here, and on saturday thereafter I asked the same question in a ticket. To neither one of them Virmach gave a response: In particular, the ticket got closed without any message. I'm effectively waiting still for an update, and there's none.

Thanked by 1mjcoliveira90
  • I have 1 ryzen migration package, there was also an email from @VirMach for my VPS on the LA10GKVM22 node that will migrate to Ryzen on May 1, so far there has been no progress. more confused

• mjcoliveira90mjcoliveira90 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach The ryzen button is back in my migration special.. Should I click on it or not? remembering that I already have a reserved ip from the last failed migration attempt.

Edit : Button disappeared.

Thanked by 1sangatsetia
  • I'm also experiencing the same thing now, IP becomes 2, but node @VirMach is still LA10GKVM22 not yet moved to Ryzen LA. and the migration button so disappears no options.
    in the Configurable Options menu, it says Selection Location
    Los Angeles CA - 611 Wilshire Blvd, DTLA.

@mjcoliveira90 said:
    @VirMach The ryzen button is back in my migration special.. Should I click on it or not? remembering that I already have a reserved ip from the last failed migration attempt.

• J0rmoJ0rmo Member
    edited May 2022

Node TYOC029 may have a network problem. Please deal with it when you are not busy.

• powerflowerpowerflower Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach sent an email on May 1st saying he could move my vps to ryzen but nothing happened and he didn't give any feedback after that.

Then you complain that you have too many tickets ? Respect your customers and keep them informed. If everything goes wrong and you don't communicate with the clients, obviously there will be many tickets complaining.

Other people just can't spend their lives here reading all your posts and all your Threads.

Several people here asked about updates and you just ignored them.

Good luck to all . For me it was the last purchase with virmach

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Resyncing all of the Los Angeles templates. I looked into it further and for whatever reason the sync wasn't actually 100% successful on most of the Los Angeles nodes even though the logs show that they all completed.

They should be usable in an hour or two.

@powerflower said:
    @VirMach sent an email on May 1st saying he could move my vps to ryzen but nothing happened and he didn't give any feedback after that.

Then you complain that you have too many tickets ? Respect your customers and keep them informed. If everything goes wrong and you don't communicate with the clients, obviously there will be many tickets complaining.

Other people just can't spend their lives here reading all your posts and all your Threads.

I'd need more information to provide a proper response.

You do not need to read all of our posts on all our threads. You do not need to worry about a migration not occurring. I assume you are still receiving the service you paid for and I apologize if we got you excited about a migration that was delayed. We do provide status updates on delayed migrations on the network status page.

I'll see if we can avoid mentioning Ryzen upgrades moving forward and only mention it as a scheduled migration, and I'll also provide a disclaimer in the email if we already haven't letting customers know that the migration may be delayed or cancelled in which case their service will remain as it is and paid for, as originally advertised. Of course if you are mentioning some other communication such as a ticket or if you have the Ryzen upgrade special purchased, then I can understand your frustration with the delays as we have gone past our estimated dates for the upgrade. However, I do not believe those dates were ever a guarantee, but we'll still try to make things right in those cases by providing some credits or due date extensions for those specific services.

@tototo said:

@ VirMach said: Please note, these are not Ryzen pre-orders. You are purchasing a regular package and it will at a later time be moved over to Ryzen. Please only purchase these specials if you're looking for a service and interested at these price-points for our current server offerings (not Ryzen.)

I think many people have either skipped over or forgotten this explanation. However, I can understand the feelings of those who had high hopes for VirMach's experience so far. Also I can also understand VirMach's feelings about getting into unexpected problems. After all, I don't want to blame anyone...

We never pretended to guarantee a date and even if anyone ignored all our efforts to ensure they wanted to buy the product for what it was and not what it would become, we're not that far off.

Original estimate was September 30th to April 30th, I believe? Some people did get moved within the estimate with all of those packages available for the Ryzen re-create button (when it's functioning) and a few dozen nodes already migrated by now. I'll see if I can get some meaningful report out for you guys so we understand where we're actually at with these migration specials specifically so it doesn't just look like we've literally done none of them. I don't have any exact numbers right now though.

Hey, I mean in the end, we're still doing better than Tesla and other companies that make bold claims to make sales. At least we were as realistic as possible from the start. When the migration offer was planned we actually had some cabinets already rented, and servers built.

@mjcoliveira90 said:

Has a bug, will probably go back live in around 6-8 hours.

• @VirMach said: When the migration offer was planned we actually had some cabinets already rented,

.. and charged for! >:)

• @VirMach
    My VPS is down from May, 8th.
    I have just made a migration request. Please take care for me. My VPS is on SEAZ005 node.

please help me soon.
    many thanks

• powerflowerpowerflower Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@powerflower said:

You do not need to read all of our posts on all our threads. You do not need to worry about a migration not occurring. I assume you are still receiving the service you paid for and I apologize if we got you excited about a migration that was delayed. We do provide status updates on delayed migrations on the network status page.

I'll see if we can avoid mentioning Ryzen upgrades moving forward and only mention it as a scheduled migration, and I'll also provide a disclaimer in the email if we already haven't letting customers know that the migration may be delayed or cancelled in which case their service will remain as it is and paid for, as originally advertised. Of course if you are mentioning some other communication such as a ticket or if you have the Ryzen upgrade special purchased, then I can understand your frustration with the delays as we have gone past our estimated dates for the upgrade. However, I do not believe those dates were ever a guarantee, but we'll still try to make things right in those cases by providing some credits or due date extensions for those specific services.

Obviously I'm talking about the migration specials (that's why I'm posting in this thread).
    You sent an email on May 1 saying my vps was eligible for an immediate migration.

This migration failed as you may know. It's been almost 30 days after that email, what was the official communication you gave to those people who had a failed migration?

For me to find out what happened, I had to search here among hundreds of posts.

You talk about updates on the network status page, but I don't see anything there regarding migration specials or some info about the node where I am currently

Good luck for your business

• skorousskorous Member

@powerflower said: Obviously I'm talking about the migration specials (that's why I'm posting in this thread).

Making no comment on anything else in your post but you may be surprised how often people are completely off topic here at LET in pretty much any thread.

edited May 2022

@VirMach

the button does not work for the migration specials?

Thanked by 1jdjx
  • had time to make a ticket that was not answered, only answered with a machine and always closed automatically, there was no settlement, comments in this group also no response.
    how about this migration???? migration menu so there is no choice, strangely the IP becomes 2 but the migration has not been done by @VirMach
    Order Invoice #1252008

edited May 2022

@VirMach
    I'll give you some more details if it helps.
    I'm on node AMSKVM5 ,IP 192.227.147.XXX and I try to move my migration special to AMSTERDAM .

When I press the ryzen button, I get the error message " We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow "

Is this happening because I have a reserved ip that was assigned in the previous failed migration attempt ? Maybe the script doesn't know how to handle it in this specific situation ?

Any feedback is appreciated

Cheers

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@powerflower said:

@VirMach said:

@powerflower said:

Obviously I'm talking about the migration specials (that's why I'm posting in this thread).
    You sent an email on May 1 saying my vps was eligible for an immediate migration.

This migration failed as you may know. It's been almost 30 days after that email, what was the official communication you gave to those people who had a failed migration?

For me to find out what happened, I had to search here among hundreds of posts.

You talk about updates on the network status page, but I don't see anything there regarding migration specials or some info about the node where I am currently

Good luck for your business

I'm usually careful about my wording, but perhaps the email I sent was sub-par at explaining this. We never intended that the optional Ryzen Migrate button would 100% be available. How it should have been worded is that you may be eligible to use it, so I apologize if I stated it in any other way in a way that was confusing or made you or anyone else believe that this was definitely going to be the only way to move forward and guaranteed.

This was just an addition to the original plan. If it fails or fails to appear, then we will proceed accordingly per the original plan once the node your service resides on moves.

We'll be resuming these shortly.

Thanked by 1JasperNL

@mjcoliveira90 said:
    @VirMach

the button does not work for the migration specials?

This means it actually ran into an issue. It tells you to try again tomorrow because we're constantly adding improvements, and a lot of times when it runs into errors it is as a result of too many people using it or a location selected being temporarily unavailable.

So you can try again tomorrow, but that's optional.

If it doesn't work then it doesn't work, sorry. We can't troubleshoot every situation in which it does not work in individual tickets so please do not create a ticket.

edited May 2022

@sangatsetia said: had time to make a ticket that was not answered, only answered with a machine and always closed automatically, there was no settlement, comments in this group also no response.
    how about this migration???? migration menu so there is no choice, strangely the IP becomes 2 but the migration has not been done by @VirMach
    Order Invoice #1252008

This isn't strange behavior, it sounds like an IP reservation and your service hasn't yet been migrated, which is normal. Once it is migrated then it'll be migrated.

In all cases where the service has not yet been migrated, unless it is literally not functional (indicating a problem) then that's the default intended state until it is migrated.

Thanked by 1sangatsetia

@mjcoliveira90 said:
    @VirMach
    I'll give you some more details if it helps.
    I'm on node AMSKVM5 ,IP 192.227.147.XXX and I try to move my migration special to AMSTERDAM .

When I press the ryzen button, I get the error message " We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow "

Is this happening because I have a reserved ip that was assigned in the previous failed migration attempt ? Maybe the script doesn't know how to handle it in this specific situation ?

Any feedback is appreciated

Cheers

We've had problems with Amsterdam previously for some reason, I'll let our developer know that Amsterdam may be acting up again.

• @mjcoliveira90 said: Any feedback is appreciated

I'm in a similar situation with 2GB Migration Special on AMSKVM3 (192.3.163.0), with a failed migration and IP in the 149.57.191.0 subnet.
    (I brought that up in the other thread.)

@sangatsetia said: had time to make a ticket that was not answered, only answered with a machine and always closed automatically, there was no settlement, comments in this group also no response.
    Order Invoice #1252008

Oh, looking at your screenshots you're talking about something different than Ryzen migrate specials, so you can disregard anything I said in relation to that.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@mjcoliveira90 said: Any feedback is appreciated

I'm in a similar situation with 2GB Migration Special on AMSKVM3 (192.3.163.0), with a failed migration and IP in the 149.57.191.0 subnet.
    (I brought that up in the other thread.)

I'll mention this subnet to our developer as a potential issue but it may be a coincidence.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
    edited May 2022

@VirMach I'm also in the 149.57.191.XX subnet with the previous failed migration attempt

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach Good news from me (for a wee change). :)
    Your newly worded Ryzen button applied to DALKVM13 has given me DALZ004.
    Yipee! A total bargain. :D
    (Trying out the SolusVM Ryzen Debian 11 template, now - works perfect).

P.S. I didn't really need this to be Ryzen but was curious. ;)

Thanked by 2VirMach skorous
  • ok, thanks for the explanation. the last time I got an email @VirMach notification of Ryzen LA migration via email it said migration was May 1st. after that there has been no progress so far, I'm worried because the IP becomes 2. hopefully the problem is quickly resolved and the migration goes well.

@VirMach said:
    This isn't strange behavior, it sounds like an IP reservation and your service hasn't yet been migrated, which is normal. Once it is migrated then it'll be migrated.

In all cases where the service has not yet been migrated, unless it is literally not functional (indicating a problem) then that's the default intended state until it is migrated.