Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes

Comments

• @deank said:
    Now, we are enjoying the fruit of OP's PMS, the drama.

LET is not LET without drama. This OP might actually be a biological male overdosed on hormone therapy.

• Should have gone to binarylane - twice the cost, 4 datacenters in AU to get real close to his "clients" and none of the ocean cable delays.

• Thanks @deank and @poisson for sparing time explaining beautifully :)

• Missing iperf3 test from Nexusbytes LA to AU.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

It was probably wiser to have paid monthly a few times to make sure that it is what she wanted before committing to annual payments.

Or

She wanted drama and the attention from us, nerds without a life.

Thanked by 1default
  • @Unbelievable said:
    Should have gone to binarylane - twice the cost, 4 datacenters in AU to get real close to his "clients" and none of the ocean cable delays.

I was just thinking that.
    But then again - I really don't want OP to do the same thing with binarylane, so its probably best if OP gets a leaseweb server in SG and then try that same chargeback with them. Cause leaseweb don't give a F

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • much more interesting question: what's OPs primary account? this obviously is a burner... any bets?

Thanked by 1imok
  • @Falzo said: much more interesting question: what's OPs primary account? this obviously is a burner... any bets?

@WSS

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @t0ny0 said:

@Unbelievable said:
    Should have gone to binarylane - twice the cost, 4 datacenters in AU to get real close to his "clients" and none of the ocean cable delays.

I was just thinking that.
    But then again - I really don't want OP to do the same thing with binarylane, so its probably best if OP gets a leaseweb server in SG and then try that same chargeback with them. Cause leaseweb don't give a F

OP should try OVH.

• @Falzo said:
    much more interesting question: what's OPs primary account? this obviously is a burner... any bets?

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Falzo said:
    much more interesting question: what's OPs primary account? this obviously is a burner... any bets?

HostDoc!

Could be the host himself.

This sort of threads are the most effective advertising.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I saw a post from OP on my top provider thread (notification) this morning and I was thinking: "Maybe just some comments / wishes to the provider, nothing big deal, will check out later since I was busy"

And now 15 hours later, 3 pages of comments. Not as dramatic as I think but overall I feel people need to be more patient. $600 is definitely not a small number, at least in my opinion.

That said, I believe getting the $360 refund is already one of the best case that could happen. You don't even have a chance to get partial refund for some of those big providers.

To OP: You could take a deep breath and cool down first. I hope that you can close the dispute because there's no benefits for you at this moment. If seriesn is kind enough, you might get a few days to backup your data after this.

No, I want the full refund.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@deank said:
    No, I want the full refund.

That's why you should use FatPal.

Thanked by 1imok

Hit the pub, mate. Me wants A FULL REFUND !!!!@#!%!#^@#^

Cuz I am right.

• No refund at all, no backups, no mercy! Shame the guy!

• This is like the 100th time i make the same comment
    i regret posting such long essay because most dont bother to read and now here some still continue to throw inaccurate info making it long again.

Nexusbite clearly suspended my server BEFORE I opened dispute, he didnt make clear thats its not deletion. I couldnt login server and theres this bit he said "Guess you don't need it anymore" it was pretty safe to assume he deleted my server as i never met such situation
    This i got evidence yet Nexusbyte still lied that he suspended my server AFTER i opened dispute.

Btw whats wrong with me opening a dispute AFTER when a provider refusing to fix the problem (insisting on testing with a non-related region while i have issue with another) and suspended my server, sent an unofficial refund that he can easily take back anytime? this was repeated many times why doesn't Nexus use a script that test with AU server if he cant accept my test ? Did i expect too much from that advertising ? Im not talking about East US, its West US that was advertised as asia-....australia optimized routing.

What option do i have left other than here and paypal ? Am i even allowed to protect myself ? All i can see from this is Nexusbyte attacked me professionally all because i asked them to fix the routing problem or refunding the right amount.

i bet what triggered him was i referring him to my previous ISP excuse. I think he can't take criticism well. Did i curse him or swear at him ? all i looked for at the end was either to fix the issue so the original asia peer thing still stands somewhat acceptable, i mean it shows up at my end as 2-3Mbps and a bunch of AU users complaining speed issue to me, that can't be my imagination. I get it you all dont like how i test that but its not like its 100% wrong all cases. Even if i want to test again with your superior methods its not possible from how Nexusbyte is lording it.

Nexusbyte just keep saying i accused him wrongly for the problem not existing or not his fault yet he continues to deny any clear/fair testing to AU locations. I know Telstra/Optus seems to dominates AU market but 2-3Mbps is not right, same test same software elsewhere all over 100Mbps...

What really ticks me off is Nexusbyte keep saying that he suspended my server after i opened the dispute, he and I both know clear as day thats not true. This seriously.... i would bet my life on it any day.

How hard can it be to test it from provider side ? does it need 2 day, 1 week, 1 month ? do i have to pay to get it fixed ? i would pay to get it fixed if its my fault so go ahead and prove me wrong and make me pay, why escalated it into server deletion that forced me to open paypal dispute, then later claims its not deletion but suspended instead ?

A customer opened a paypal dispute against previous popular provider, its automatically my fault ??? Plz read the dispute claim, also who provide a refund by sending a separated paypal transaction while a ticket conversation was still on going without conclusion ? all i know that a refund not processed inside the original payment can be taken back by a false claim !

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2020

Look guys, there's no point in dragging this along. Op wanted to share his/her side of the story, we shared ours.

OP chose to dispute with paypal because OP thinks they are right, we chose to fight the dispute with Paypal because we think we are right.

We can I guess wait 9 more days to figure out the end result. I am still happy to give op access back to their server, should they chose to withdraw the dispute. OP was already refunded $360. Refund was done with simple math of monthly quote, I mean, hey OP is canceling the monthly contract . Can't really get a discount "rate" when you are closing the service before fulfilling contract.

Simply because the dispute is for the whole amount (including the previously paid term), which was taken back by paypal. So technically, OP's service is past due, by 4 months. So there's that.

But now if OP thinks they are right and wants to play the hardball, that's pretty fine man. But in that case, I won't have a reason nor liablitiy to keep a service live on my server and block out the resource and will terminate the service within the given timeline.

@vinsanrock look man, if you felt like I insulted you, that could easily be a language barrier and I do apologies if that's how you felt. But I have been super accommodating and professional during the whole time. Hey if you chose to cancel the dispute and work with us and happy to make some adjustments, I might even be able to do a custom package in Singapore, that might work out in both of our favor.

Actually scratch that, ran a test to a test download file (Ransom IT looking glass) in Brisbane and the result wasn't even 20% close to the result that Melbourne is producing. Gut feeling? Something is wrong with the region itself

Test download from 3 different part of the world, with 3 different networks:

LA Test download from MEL - 17.2 MB/s LAS Test download from BRIS - 2.6 MB/s SG Test download from MEL - 31.4 MB/s SG Test download BRIS - 4.2 MB/s Germany test download from MEL - 9.8 MB/s Germany test download from BRIS - 1.2 MB/s

--

OP, this is not our fault and yet the refund we provided is the best we can do. If you are not happy and want to drag this along, by all mean, you have the time to burn. I don't.

--

Now here are couple of problems with australian bandwidth testing and also to add to @jsg's point,
    1) Lack of public IPERF server. I mean, I couldn't find one at all :(.

2) OP complained (first comment I documented on the initial response that) it is slow even locally, within LA, which wasn't the case and there was no congestion on our end.

3) Australlia has a weird routing issue, even internally, where even local connectivity within their own region would endup result in unexpected numbers.

4) The part OP refuses to understand is, connectivity isn't as simple as Me vs Them. It is more about,
    ME-DC-One of the upstream - One of their peering partner - One of their peering partner - OP's local ISP's peering partner - OP's ISP - OP's clients.

With so many moving points, it is not just a matter of me hating the OP and saying you know what, screw that of part Australia specifically (read the part where we were blamed for throttling, which wasn't the case as shown with quick "global" network test).

But hey, by far, this has been one of the longest new thread LET has seen in the last 7 days. So there's that?

Two friggin' walls of text.

I am going to say it. OP is the host. No sane person writes walls of text on low end forum unless they are insane.

Both are insane. Therefore, both are the same person.

Ban the host.

• @deank said:
    Two friggin' walls of text.

I am going to say it. OP is the host. No sane person writes walls of text on low end forum unless they are insane.

Both are insane. Therefore, both are the same person.

Ban the host.

Don't spoil it boomer!

• holy biden, why OP so stupid

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2020

@seriesn said:
    2) OP complained (first comment I documented on the initial response that) it is slow even locally, within LA, which wasn't the case and there was no congestion on our end.

I can confirm that:

US LAX lax.download.datapacket.com
      DL [Mb/s]: avg 999.22 - min 941.95 (94.3%), max 1058.66 (105.9%)
      Ping:      avg 0.6 - min 0.6 (99.5%), max 0.7 (116.1%)
      Web ping:  avg 0.6 - min 0.6 (96.8%), max 0.8 (129.0%)

All values are fine and also show very low spread ~ very good consistency.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • edited September 2020

This is how I see this situation

• OP purchases car from dealership, which based on top speed of car, is capable of getting him to and from work in 30 minutes.
    • OP getting to work in 30 minutes for months, way past refund period.
    • Local city, state or federal ordinance (outside influence) adjusts speed limit (capacity) on highway. OP can no longer get to work in 30 minutes.
    • OP complains to dealership that he can't get to work in 30 minutes anymore.
    • Dealership asks OP to test top speed of vehicle on a route to a different city where it's known that he can achieve 30 minutes to destination.
    • OP continues to test on reduced speed highway.
    • OP and dealership go back and forth.
    • Op just wants refund from dealership and goes back to bank loan company to open dispute.
  • vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
    edited September 2020

plz stop giving me weird test rajprakash, i did test it from multiple vpss that i have

Since more comments suggesting although i may not be wrong but its a reality at most places now so i will accept canceling the dispute. Its not like im out to cause damage to u so why be so hang up on $40. Had u give me a more clear/serious insult i would still press it even if its $1.

However i can't except the risk u imposed on me by sending that refund through a separated paypal transaction, not only it caused $16.x paypal fee but i dont want to wake up 1 morning to hear Nexusbyte lost control of paypal account and that transaction got holded for whatever security reason. U may have even sold business by then. Plz refund it officially

Also, plz stop provoking me to continue im not a kid that can't understand implications. I dont have much time to burn. Im sitting here fixing some stuff and answer this problem same time and i would like to do just 1 thing at a time. Plz don't call me "cool beans" too

I only accept the dispute cancelation not admit to any faults.
    Do u want me to write any text on paypal to ensure a smooth resolution ?

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @vinsanrock said:
    Since more comments suggesting although i may not be wrong but its a reality at most places now so i will accept canceling the dispute. Its not like im out to cause damage to u so why be so hang up on $40. Had u give me a more clear/serious insult i would still press it even if its $1.

However i can't except the risk u imposed on me by sending that refund through a separated paypal transaction, not only it caused $16.x paypal fee but i dont want to wake up 1 morning to hear Nexusbyte lost control of paypal account and that transaction got holded for whatever security reason. U may have even sold business by then. Plz refund it officially

Also, plz stop provoking me to continue im not a kid that can't understand implications. I dont have much time to burn. Im sitting here fixing some stuff and answer this problem same time and i would like to do just 1 thing at a time. Plz don't call me "cool beans" too

I only accept the dispute cancelation not admit to any faults.
    Do u want me to write any text on paypal to ensure a smooth resolution ?

I am pretty sure if someone accesses our paypal account, I have bigger issue to worry about.

Any who, please remove the dispute, we will regain the access to your server till EOM and that's the end of it. I am not asking for a public apology. You are right from you side of the story, I am right on mine and that's how it usually is in this world. Sorry it had to come this far.

Let's close this chapter and focus on our own life and business. Not provoking you my friend. Otherwise I would have closed all the methods of communication.

She says she regrets making long posts.

Still proceeds to write long anyhow.

The end is PMSly nigh.

Thanked by 2kkrajk yoursunny
  • vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
    edited September 2020

@seriesn hm im still asking for official channel refund, can u do that ? i dont feel safe with a standalone-unrelated transaction thats hard to prove legimate. Its not too much to ask for this right ?

Btw u still have the dispute u made on the 360, as soon as u give 360 through refund button i release the other 360, its not like i have any reason to tell paypal i can keep it however its easy to say otherwise

Should i make a message to confirm this on paypal message for u ?

• @vinsanrock said:
    @seriesn hm im still asking for official channel refund, can u do that ? i dont feel safe with a standalone-unrelated transaction thats hard to prove legimate. Its not too much to ask for this right ?

Btw u still have the dispute u made on the 360, as soon as u give 360 through refund button i release the other 360, its not like i have any reason to tell paypal i can keep it however its easy to say otherwise

Should i make a message to confirm this on paypal message for u ?

Once you cancel your dispute, I cancel mine. Service gets reactivated till eom and that's the end of it. If we had ill intention, we wouldn't have refunded you to begin with.

It is not possible to do a simple 1 click refund, as we are so behind the initial refund phase. It is a book keeping related issue.

Girl, you can't ask for refund when you are a friggin' dispute open.

This discussion has been closed.