Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes

Comments

• @vinsanrock said:
    @t0ny0 lol thats a mad way to assume, i've been with it for 4 months if i wanted to open a dispute i would have done already without warning, dont u agree ?

He would have threaten back and know that i only want to take it to public. Lets say i were wrong i would publicly apologies and send him $ for damage

(Unlike you) - he didn't ask for money for damages. He said everything that we needed to hear, to protect the name of his company, and he did an awesome job with that.

He deleted my server like its worthless and i've been with them over 4 months not like yesterday

You threatened them with a dispute. If it was me - I would have deleted your data indeed. However, here is what @seriesn said:

Op, Your service wasn't deleted but rather suspended after you opened a dispute with paypal, despite us actually sending you $360 back as we explained. I/We told you that if you cancel the dispute, we will reactivate the service (check your email, in case you haven't) You can't have everything your way.

If you accept the prorated refund - you will get your data. Not sure what is the issue here?

• @vinsanrock said:
    If i meant to say paypal dispute, why would i say third party resolution ? me and my friends are in asia so english is not first language, nexusbytes know this. He didn't ask if i meant paypal dispute.

Third party resolution means PayPal. It doesn't mean a whole bunch of people with popcorn on a hosting forum. Perhaps language barrier played a trick on you, but thats a "you" problem, not the hosts problem.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @t0ny0 said:

@vinsanrock said:
    If i meant to say paypal dispute, why would i say third party resolution ? me and my friends are in asia so english is not first language, nexusbytes know this. He didn't ask if i meant paypal dispute.

Third party resolution means PayPal. It doesn't mean a whole bunch of people with popcorn on a hosting forum. Perhaps language barrier played a trick on you, but thats a "you" problem, not the hosts problem.

Plot twist: of course he meant a dispute.

@vinsanrock said:
    @debaser later he said if i dont back off and admit my fault he will delete it. Its not my fault so i cant admit it

Reading all this makes me still think that it's your fault that you don't want to work with Nexusbytes to troubleshoot, that you base everything on a (flawed) Speedtest measurement and all that for problems that just begun yesterday.

Filing a Paypal dispute is definitely your fault.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @vinsanrock You keep mentioning that they're holding your data hostage. Does that mean you don't have a backup of the data that you can restore at another host in the interim while you work out this issue with NexusBytes?

• @rajprakash said:
    @vinsanrock You keep mentioning that they're holding your data hostage. Does that mean you don't have a backup of the data that you can restore at another host in the interim while you work out this issue with NexusBytes?

Hahahah. Who needs a backup?

• 80 odd posts, and Finally the question of backups comes up!

• @vinsanrock my friend, I won't bother repeating everything that was already said on this thread. But you should seriously read.

Just couple of things,

• Why would we "throttle" your connection to one particular country?
    • Your paypal dispute notification was received ~ 09/20/2020 20:32
    • We suspended your service at ~ 09/20/2020 20:47
    • We (I) sent you a notification 2 minutes after that saying this clearly,

Unless the initial dispute has been closed. Your service won't be reinstated. There won't be any further communication via paypal. You are clearly out of the refund period and we have submitted all the required documentation to paypal. All our correspondence, usage details and polcies (that you agreed to while signing up) were submitted to paypal as well

Here is where it stands,

• Withdraw the dispute and we can reinstate the service till the 29th. Refund amount provided by us remains as it is.
    • Continue the dispute as it is and the refunded amount will be retracted back to our account and your service will not be reinstated. In addition, your service will be completely terminated after 24 hours.

Look man, you want to play hardball and believe you are right, and think everything is my fault. You have the right to do so. So was my Ex. But here is the problem,

• First you complained the speed "Horrible" even from LA. When you and we showed each other data from multiple location, which doesn't match your claim, instead of trying to troubleshoot, you got more angry.
    • You didn't use the service for a year, you used it for 4 months.
    • Which simply voids the "Annual discount".
    • I explained the same in the ticket.

If you re read the tickets, Despite you being completely arrogant and ignorant in that ticket, I have been super understanding and didn't even bother arguing back and forth. Because that never ends well.

As a level headed person, I went out of my way to get you refunded after 4 months of service, which doesn't really exist in "prepaid" world. There's no anytime money back grantee. I hope you realize that in "real world", people gets "Sued" for breaking their contract right? I mean this is LE and ain't no body got time for that. But you called us thief.

You threaten to take it to third party and lo and behold, a paypal dispute. I am pretty sure if it was anyone else, your service would have been completely removed. But you know what, I didn't feel like being a dick. But that doesn't mean I will let you walk all over us either. See the problem is, you don't want to understand. You want to be right. Very very bad trait in human nature.

Your service is still here and still intact.

• If you win your paypal dispute, good on you.
    • If you don't, you are losing out your data and the $360 refund.

Removing dispute sounds like easiest and better solution. But hey, you like to be right all the time right? I am not here to have a my dick is bigger than your dick contest. The time I spend responding to this and the time you are spending waiting on paypal dispute result (I think you got a week to go?), are both being wasted, instead you getting your money and data and be up and running, as early as today.........

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2020

@seriesn said: I am not here to have a my dick is bigger than your dick contest

i will hide my sisters ! also respect for the patciense you have ...

• @plumberg said:

and prorated refund already received?

• @seriesn said:
    @vinsanrock my friend, I won't bother repeating everything that was already said on this thread. But you should seriously read.

Just couple of things,

• Why would we "throttle" your connection to one particular country?
    • Your paypal dispute notification was received ~ 09/20/2020 20:32
    • We suspended your service at ~ 09/20/2020 20:47
    • We (I) sent you a notification 2 minutes after that saying this clearly,

Unless the initial dispute has been closed. Your service won't be reinstated. There won't be any further communication via paypal. You are clearly out of the refund period and we have submitted all the required documentation to paypal. All our correspondence, usage details and polcies (that you agreed to while signing up) were submitted to paypal as well

Here is where it stands,

• Withdraw the dispute and we can reinstate the service till the 29th. Refund amount provided by us remains as it is.
    • Continue the dispute as it is and the refunded amount will be retracted back to our account and your service will not be reinstated. In addition, your service will be completely terminated after 24 hours.

Look man, you want to play hardball and believe you are right, and think everything is my fault. You have the right to do so. So was my Ex. But here is the problem,

• First you complained the speed "Horrible" even from LA. When you and we showed each other data from multiple location, which doesn't match your claim, instead of trying to troubleshoot, you got more angry.
    • You didn't use the service for a year, you used it for 4 months.
    • Which simply voids the "Annual discount".
    • I explained the same in the ticket.

If you re read the tickets, Despite you being completely arrogant and ignorant in that ticket, I have been super understanding and didn't even bother arguing back and forth. Because that never ends well.

As a level headed person, I went out of my way to get you refunded after 4 months of service, which doesn't really exist in "prepaid" world. There's no anytime money back grantee. I hope you realize that in "real world", people gets "Sued" for breaking their contract right? I mean this is LE and ain't no body got time for that. But you called us thief.

You threaten to take it to third party and lo and behold, a paypal dispute. I am pretty sure if it was anyone else, your service would have been completely removed. But you know what, I didn't feel like being a dick. But that doesn't mean I will let you walk all over us either. See the problem is, you don't want to understand. You want to be right. Very very bad trait in human nature.

Your service is still here and still intact.

• If you win your paypal dispute, good on you.
    • If you don't, you are losing out your data and the $360 refund.

Removing dispute sounds like easiest and better solution. But hey, you like to be right all the time right? I am not here to have a my dick is bigger than your dick contest. The time I spend responding to this and the time you are spending waiting on paypal dispute result (I think you got a week to go?), are both being wasted, instead you getting your money and data and be up and running, as early as today.........

If he loses the dispute and lose all the money like a fool, i think you should still be the better man and let him backup his data cause i think he didn't keep any backups :D

Thanked by 2pedagang rcxb
  • @vinsanrock if I were you I would accept this kind offer of @seriesn.

I am thinking that the slow connection on your AU users experienced might be their ISP imposing some "Fair Usage Policy" or throttling them slowly due to excessive downloads. Since you said that other tests from non-AU servers came fine.

Again if I were you, I will do some testing/diagnostic on my clients first before bringing this to the provider level. Your client might have their router limits (QoS) enabled you to know.

• @plumberg said:

@rajprakash said:
    @vinsanrock You keep mentioning that they're holding your data hostage. Does that mean you don't have a backup of the data that you can restore at another host in the interim while you work out this issue with NexusBytes?

I'm losing $1 million per hour every day this server is unreachable!

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2020

@seriesn said: If you don't, you are losing out your data and the $360 refund.

If I was OP, considering the Host is giving $360 of refund even if its beyond their TOS, I would have opted to it and moved on somewhere else. Quite less hosts are so generous to refund huge amount especially beyond their agreed refund-days! Go with any big provider and they'll simply deny refund beyond 30-days or some with 3-days policy. File a charge back and you loose the server+refund!

Thanked by 1coolice
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020

@seriesn said:
    [...] I am not here to have a my dick is bigger than your dick contest. [...]

Wait, this dispute turned into a dick contest now?

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I generally side with hosts since it's usually users who turn out to be weed-ridden dorks.

In this case though, I side with OP. If no favorable resolution is made for OP, the host should be banned from LET.

• @deank said:
    I generally side with hosts since it's usually users who turn out to be weed-ridden dorks.

In this case though, I side with OP. If no favorable resolution is made for OP, the host should be banned from LET.

Is this some high level trolling lol

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

If I'm not mistaken I happened to do my benchmark of (among others) NexusBytes / @seriesn LA node during that time.

Here is the compiled result:

AU MEL speedtest.mel01.softlayer.com
      DL [Mb./s]: avg 35.91 - min 0.78 (2.2%), max 38.93 (108.4%)
      Ping:      avg 160.9 - min 152.8 (95.0%), max 266.5 (165.7%)
      Web ping:  avg 162.5 - min 152.8 (94.0%), max 266.5 (164.0%)

This shows that the average is quite close to the max, which ispositive. But also note that the min speed is just about 0.8 Mb/s which, based on my experience with Asia & Oceania, seems to be normal. I don't mean to attack anyone but from what I know connectivity in that region, and (sorry) especially in Ozzyland seems to be a bit shaky and relatively low speed, at least for most carriers. This is confirmed by the ping values with a large spread.

Now if this dispute was about some providers speed going down from 7 Gb/s to 1.2 Gb/s I would clearly see the provider (equipment or routing) as one potential culprit. But what we are talking here could even be handled by an old Soekris box and seriesn had next to nothing to gain from further limiting that speed.

In short, while not completely excluding the possibility of an error or problem on NexusBytes's side, that seems extremely unlikely. This is also underlined by the fact that OP seems to be the only one on a quite popular node to complain, a NB location well noted that is chosen by many expressly for Asia/Oceania connectivity.

The two points I'd criticize on seriesn side: (a) You show us a yabs result set without an Australia target. Pardon me but that's next to worthless. (b) The clients think in terms of "yearly price div 12 ~ monthly price" and it makes no sense to play it like "10 months à $60 + 2 free months". I'd expect to at least apply the 2 free months pro rata too, so IMO it should look like this: After 4 months client gets back 12 - 4 months à $50 minus some reasonable administrative fee of say $25 (cost of half a month eff.).

@vinsanrock

You made the cardinal error of seeing only your side, but there's also the providers side. What for example shows seriesn that you are not one of those "smart" people who need a server for only a couple of months but still want the annual rebate and who planned to cancel when their project is done, say after 3.5 months, for some invented out of thin air reason?

Your second cardinal error was to think you could use a paypal/credit card dispute to exert pressure. Wrong. The second you open a dispute you aren't a client anymore but you turn into an enemy looking to do harm to providers business. And NO, "I didn't read AUP/TOS because I trusted provider" does not make them invalid.

Your third cardinal error was to ignore NexusBytes' reputation. Seriesn is well known for being a reasonable man and for always preferring a constructive approach. Trying to tell us that he suddenly totally changed was just bound to fail.
    And btw. you create major fuss based on connectivity to Australia? Seriously?

My advice: As you highly likely made no backup you should offer seriesn to pay an additional month so as to get access to your VPS to at least save your data. And then pray that he accepts it. With most providers I wouldn't even propose that but with seriesn (and a few others) you might be lucky because he really is a friendly and constructive man.

• @deank said:

Are you trying to make sure that your secondary tag is justified?

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited September 2020

@vinsanrock you achieved a miracle - you actually got a substantial refund from a provider that does a substantial business on let. Doesn't matter the specifics in your wall of text. The fact you got a refund is a miracle (play the lottery, bet on your favorite sports team, ask a super model out - you seriously are having good luck). It is not common to get a refund of any size if outside the refund window. I would accept the $40 as a cost of doing business and getting out of a mistake on your part (meaning you thought it would work for you but it didnt- no judgement by me) and transfer the money out of your paypal acct to to a real bank.

Doesnt matter who is right or wrong- just realize it could have been zero and you live to see another day and pick better next time (for your needs).

Again accept the fact that its a miracle and just move on.

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited September 2020

@Unbelievable said: The fact you got a refund is a miracle (play the lottery, bet on your favorite sports team, ask a super model out - you seriously are having good luck).

Hey OP, accept the refund and stop the dispute. It's time to bet that money on Milan today.

Edit: I woulnd't refund OP anymore, I'd go for a flawless win

Thanked by 1JasonM
    edited September 2020

OP wants a full refund and the owner's first born.

He should have them, for he is right.

• @deank said: and the owner's first born.

Welcome to the family!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • I would say if Nexus Bytes wins the dispute, let OP have access to his server but zero refund. Let the contract run to the end as agreed. OP needs to pay school fees to learn how not to be a dick customer.

There is a good chance that the host will fold if OP wins the dispute.

Happened with LadyDoc host.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • tldr; please!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@poisson said:
    I would say if Nexus Bytes wins the dispute, let OP have access to his server but zero refund. Let the contract run to the end as agreed. OP needs to pay school fees to learn how not to be a dick customer.

No - because that (a) would mean that for OP everything is restored to normal (which he absolutely does not deserve nor would it be a lesson), and (b) because that would leave @seriesn sitting on the damage OP created.

If at all OP should at least pay the full price ($120 more).

• @jsg said:
    My advice: As you highly likely made no backup you should offer seriesn to pay an additional month so as to get access to your VPS to at least save your data. And then pray that he accepts it. With most providers I wouldn't even propose that but with seriesn (and a few others) you might be lucky because he really is a friendly and constructive man.

And in addition, I think a public apology is necessary for the manner which the matter was unreasonably escalated.

Thanked by 2jsg chocolateshirt

@sayem314 said:
    tldr; please!

OP stupidly pays annually. The dude paid 600 bucks. 600!

Then realizes it's not what he wanted after some months into the contract. Thus, wants a full refund.

Host says no but grants partial refund.

OP says no, full refund.
    Host says partial refund.
    OP demands full refund.
    Host insists partial refund.
    OP opens a paypal dispute and posts here.

Now, we are enjoying the fruit of OP's PMS, the drama.

• @sayem314 said:
    tldr; please!

OP buys a large LA location VM paid annually. Four months in claims speed to Australia degraded badly. Nexus Bytes gave pro-rated refund. OP says refund amount is unfair and files PayPal dispute plus whines on LET.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • Nexusbytes anwer is very reasonable, will definitely consider them if I'm looking for a server in the future.

This discussion has been closed.