Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes

vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
edited September 2020 in Reviews

I have made this as short as it can be so Nexusbytes wont claim im writing an essay !!!???
In a comment before this, Nexusbytes said i would come here and whine about it. Thats not true i dont whine and i post with evidence. This is where i was lured to your service so where else should i post the renew Nexusbytes !? what kind of provider say something like this about customer ?
I only ask for you/Nexusbyte to do the right thing without wasting further time, refund me the correct amount for the time i didnt use thats all, for the service that u failed to deliver as promised. Is that too hard ? is fighting me exciting to you because its not for me !?

I paid $600 (29/05/2020) for 12 months vDedicated (yes dedicated...) Los angeles 10TB bandwidth which on their website advertised as Asia optimized and Australia is included on that page. Los angeles is as close as it can be in terms of bandwidth peer outside AU right ? i bought it even before they have singapore location.
https://imgur.com/gallery/PQQQ4Cc

I know Australia is not inside West USA but my speedtest asia home to Australia, 3 test servers all over 100Mbps single thread upload but through their servers its not even over 3Mbps, all tests were done same hour, day time. This happened yesterday of this post when I encountered a "real-world usage speed problem" at an Australian end point so i tested their server and found out they have throttled me. (i didn't record these tests as like u, I still wholly believed in Nexusbyte at this point to fix it, it sounded like an easy issue, cant test it now as nexusbytes suspended and hold my data hostage to demand me to back off, i should have at least until 29/09)

This is where i raised the issue and they kept on insisting that i tested with some random, "strange name" servers thats not even inside AU, where i clearly pointed i have problem with australian connections and i have verified its not external factors. The same speedtest i used tested on 29/05/2020 they gave 100-150Mbps single thread to AU (optus/telstra) now gave 3Mbps that i tested yesterday and yet they called it inaccurate, i even have real speed problem from my AU users too. My AU users don't know traceroute and i dont have an AU server thats why i rented this thing from Nexusbytes. If multi thread upload was done, 3Mbps would get pulled up to 10-15Mbps for this 1 Gigabit shared server, 10TB bandwidth metered.

The issue is consistent with my AU users experience yet they refused to fix claiming i didn't help/cooperate with them. I don't know how to fix them thats why i rented your server NEXUSBYTES and made ticket to ask you to fix it !@!!! I have ruled out user-side issue, they all have optus/telstra and TPG, all have problem with this server, happened just yesterday, no system changes for weeks, had been fine for 4 months and they still somehow blamed me for this...

They could've said give it a day or something for investigation for a fix but they gave a wrong amount refund option and an impossible migration option (i need 10TB and they told me to convert to singapore ....) instead
After they refused to fix AND also refused to correct the wrong refund amount, what kind of trust can still be there. So i said if u wont refund correctly im taking this to third party for resolution, Nexusbytes immediately closed my account and deleted my account. ONLY AFTER that, i opened paypal dispute, evidences included. It can be seen that they suspended my server at 7:24am after i said third party justice then i opened dispute at 7:49am same day
https://imgur.com/gallery/IHPs0nC
https://imgur.com/gallery/39ZAaoR

Then they threaten me to back off or they will take everything away from me
https://imgur.com/gallery/mjUPdZ6

Was i too much to ask for the time i didn't use when its not even my fault ? I paid $50/month effectively not 1 or 10$, to what extend am i liable to help them fix their own problem ? My AU users turn off their computer when they dont use it, dynamic IP too, test with public speedtest server in AU is the only choice which i only know them for biased fast speed not slow speed..? I didn't agree to 60/m i only agreed to 600/yr and never seen/heard "Free months" deal, only discount.
Is there any other evidences that u would like to be posted ? will try hard to find
With the party that intentionally kind of "rob" me $40, caused me $16.x paypal fee on the wrong refund (its sent as separated transaction) as well as making it super hard to fix speed issue at the beginning, i dont think continuing service with them is safe anymore. They even invaded my privacy by posting my usage details to paypal not that i care but ithink you do, evidence included, at first paragraph they said they keep and sent off my server usage details to Paypal as if its a normal thing to do which i dont think so

I urge anyone with Nexusbytes to re run your speedtest to real users locations in case u also got throttled like i do
I did not want to post like this but Nexusbytes shows no sign of making it right with me
Nexusbytes u think Im after your money ? you are wrong. Mods and everyone here please, im willing to send that $40 plus $16.x to 5 reputable members here evenly and will cancel the paypal dispute even. I still need to access my data though if Nexusbyte didn't delete it which they are not allowed to because my service is still valid until 29/09/2020
I just want u all to know its not all about money and i just want a fair treatment thats all

Comments

• Yikes.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm loving the positive reviews @seriesn. This one almost greased my wallet enough to make me purchase and I don't even have a need.

• Not all providers are suitable for every single customers. Let's hear the complete story from provider @seriesn

There could be some misunderstanding or disagreement. Good luck.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @vinsanrock said:
    no more room “for further negotiation”

For mor enjoy the popcorn

@seriesn said:

@yokowasis said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

I have just been scammed by Nexusbytes out of $40 + $16.x paypal fee and nexusbytes deleted my accounts and server data.

Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@seriesn , anyone selling Popcorn ?

@t0ny0 said:

@vinsanrock said:
    Hello

I have just been scammed by Nexusbytes out of $40 + $16.x paypal fee and nexusbytes deleted my accounts and server data.

Let me guess. You paid for service, abused it, got your account suspended, and now you're saying you were scammed? Just a wild guess.

Ahh.....

I guess if mod choses to split to it's own thread, it's their call. But here you go,

Hello Friend ( @vinsanrock),

I kinda figured you would be posting on this forum as well. For the sake of typing, I will refer you as OP for this response,

Here is the TLDR; version.

• OP signed up on May 29th, on a customized plan which was quoted @$60/mo or $600/year (essentially 2 months free with 10 months payment, for any math gurus out here).
    • Op opened a ticket yesterday night ~11 am, complaining about very slow network locally and with a specific Aussie provider.

I just tested to have consistent slow upload speed to various locations (single upload thread)

I used speedtest.net through your vps to a nearby west los angel server and some in AU Brisbane servers, all had very slow (single thread) upload speed.
    Plz help me fix thanks.

Please note, OP is connecting from LA. OP claimed that speed test result he checked using speedtest.net was showing drasticly lower single threaded performance.

• Cool beans. Responded to the OP with in couple of minutes of opening ticket, asking to share IPERF3 result by running a simple command :
    curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fg

Since there's no throughput issue on our end and everything looked good. First idea was to see if somehow OP's port speed got limited by some software.

• Instead of coperating, OP's responded,

Can you please instead just check the network ? i have not changed any system settings so far over a month, it just happens suddenly now and it really affects the usage that this vps is intended for.

I have tested with my other vps's, my home server, ONLY this vps has problem. The same test to same destinations were tested during trial time and were fine plz don't make me go around !

• So I guess additional troubleshooting won't be an option? Cool beans. NP. We still went ahead and provided result from our end from he hostnode OP was on. Result copy pasted from the particular ticket response
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                              |                           |                 |
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.13 Gbits/sec  | 1.25 Gbits/sec
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.30 Gbits/sec  | 1.27 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 463 Mbits/sec   | 772 Mbits/sec
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 478 Mbits/sec   | 1.16 Gbits/sec
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 704 Mbits/sec   | 461 Mbits/sec
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | busy            | 595 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.54 Gbits/sec  | 2.81 Gbits/sec
    Airstream Comms           | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 1.76 Gbits/sec  | 2.86 Gbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 6.64 Gbits/sec  | 9.21 Gbits/sec

Note: OP's VM was on shared Gbit so some of the result might be "slightly" less vs this. But not as bad as OP claimed on the ticket. Anywho, OP was kind enough to share a screenshot of the result, which of course showed 0 issue and closely mimicked hostnodes result. To which, I was given the most epic response,

I DO NOT do business with Online.net, WorldStream or some random Velocity so don't ask me to test with them, you sounds just like my previous ISP when i reported speed problem.

Plz fix the network, Los angeles location cannot accept speed of 2-3Mbps to Brisbane tesltra Australia

• Alright, OP is getting frustrated. Can't blame him. I would be too, if things weren't as good as I hoped for. Plus networking can be confusing too right? So if I was the OP, I would probably try to work with the provider and assist them with troubleshooting to figure out the root cause. Ya know, MTR, trace etc. But whatever. Everyone has their own way.

But I wouldn't directly keep on rudely blaming the company who is trying to work with me. But nah, not our friend here. We are the root cause behind him loosing millions and millions of dollar. Cool cool.

• So I responded to OP and just going to copy paste my response

Hi <op's name> While I understand your frustration, I honestly believe that you are not being able to gasp how bandwidth throughput and the result works. There's no point of arguing back and forth nor trying to prove each other wrong. The end result will only result in added frustration for you and us. Here are my options for you, - While outside of the norm, based on the initial price quoted ($60/mo), I will be happy to process a prorated refund $360 to your paypal email address: <OP's paypal email address> and schedule termination for the 29th of September. - Migrate your service over to our APAC (Singapore) location. However, please note that the bandwidth cost is much higher over there and your monthly limit will be updated to reflect the adequate amount (5400 GB/month over shared 1Gbps). Please let me know which option works out the best for you and I will process that around 11 AM EDT (September 20th).

Quick note, OP signed up on May 29th, our refund policy is 48 hours, but anyone that knows me here, knows I don't like to mess with peoples money and I understand $1 is a lot of money is some country.

• Op agreed to get refunded since the transfer allocation was obviously lower (SG bandwidth is expensive).
    • Cool beans. I will do him a solid. But you know what, I can't just click a refund button now, it would totally mess up the back office book keeping. I mean, we are almost 4 months into the service.

Fine, sent him a direct payment via PayPal (For math nerds, initial service quote was $60/month or $600/year. Since the service is being canceled before the end of billing term, the refund amount was based on Total amount paid ($600)-Total cost of service for the used up service ($60x4). ). This was also explained to OP.

• But no sir, our OP wants to get refunded based on the discounted annual rate, while canceling mid cycle and while being out of the refund period.

• Thanks to years of experience, I had a gut feeling that the OP would try and file a dispute, so like anyone with a decent brain, I sent the money via Paypal as Good purchase and not to "friend", cause ya know, gotta protect my hard earned money.

• Lo and behold, PayPal dispute.

• Op, Your service wasn't deleted but rather suspended after you opened a dispute with paypal, despite us actually sending you $360 back as we explained. I/We told you that if you cancel the dispute, we will reactivate the service (check your email, in case you haven't) You can't have everything your way. Oh and ah, the comment that makes it all worth the drama,

how about u refund me for the time and labor i needed to move to another server ?

Right. I mean hey, us responding to tickets and managing all the aspects of servers and other part of business, which consumes time is free, am I right?

If anyone else feels like "We stole" someones hard earned money, (remember we are a business too), please feel free to correct me. I consider myself pretty pro-consumer and I built the brand with customer service as one of the core belief (without losing money of course).

All I am going to say is, if OP had put the same amount of effort in assisting us with troubleshooting instead of sending paragraphs and essays about how we are responsible for everything that is wrong in the world, on our helpdesk, paypal dispute and now this thread (I mean, OP literally signed up to lodge a complaint, instead you know, actually working with us on troubleshooting), we wouldn't be here reading his post nor my long ass response.

Wouldn't want to share the screenshots of our convo, but you know, I guess, OP will do the honor, since OP said,

@vinsanrock said: Who do i contact to get this service provider off this website ? I have all the paypal records and evidences that can convict Nexusbytes of their fault

@vinsanrock said: Thank u and i will start a thread soon on my own. Im not airing an issue yet, simply asking for direction. U will see it how NexusBytes treated me soon

Thanked by 3seriesn james50a lentro
  • Why Am I getting tagged in this ?

• I dont think basing the refund on 10months + 2 free is fair, that's not how it should work.

The reduced annual rate is to benefit both parties, you get paid up front, op gets a discount. If it was truly "2 months free" then it would make more sense for the billing software to say so, i.e. $600 for 10 months, then 2 months at $0. Of course, this isnt easy with the billing software available, but thats not really the clients fault.

So, we can accept that the monthly rate is reduced if you prepay. I think it's fair to say that is how most see it.

In fact, that is how nexusbytes promote it "From $x/month", not 10+2 free.

Thanked by 2kkrajk risharde
  • i think they are in this forum wait for their reply.

• Getting your ass kicked from the family is tough man...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    • Cool beans. I will do him a solid. But you know what, I can't just click a refund button now, it would totally mess up the back office book keeping. I mean, we are almost 4 months into the service.

Sorry about ignoring everything else, but man I get you. Giving refunds is a mess on book keeping! I do not mind refunding but calculating profits and everything again based on a single refund is indeed a total mess. And on this case, I would say it undermines all the prior work done on book keeping.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

Uff.
    This reminds me of a Chinese customer some weeks ago who ordered dedicated servers for more then 1200€/ per month and 2 weeks later he wanted refund because of "slow network" and "high ping" (Server in NL, He in China).

• @Hosterlabs said: I do not mind refunding but calculating profits and everything again based on a single refund is indeed a total mess.

Is it though? I'm a business owner myself and I dont understand why a manual refund would be a "total mess". Any legit book-keeping software would make this process easy and even if you're old-school and use an excel spreadsheet, it's a one time formula on a cell/row and then easy enough to duplicate across multiple rows.

mountain out of a mole-hill?

Thanked by 2kkrajk lebidule
  • @HostSlick thats not fair to me because my situation is Los angeles server to AU users which 99% of my users use only telstra and optus. Its not between server and me, if nexusbytes had not covered evidence and took the server away from me which i still have until 29/09, I could demonstrate it with more undisputable evidences

• LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2020

Mmm, at the end seriesn got a bit passive aggressive, but it is understandable. We are all humans.

Issue resolved professionally and in timely manner. No drama and no fun :(

• Thanked by 1imok
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Thanked by 2JasonM imok
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited September 2020

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2020
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@vinsanrock you should check the refund policy of the company. If you fall under their defined criteria then there is nothing to brag about otherwise you simply don't have rights whether you like it or not.

• vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
    edited September 2020

@Waqass i especially choose popular and nominated providers so i didn't have to read their fine prints or take a course on law. Is there anything i can do to protect myself from this Nexusbytes deal ? how can they get away with doing whatever they want as long as a single micro fineprint somewhere in their TOS covers it somehow ? they shouldn't be allowed to throttled servers speed in any way they like

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @vinsanrock said:
    @Waqass i especially choose popular and nominated providers so i didn't have to read their fine prints or take a course on law. Is there anything i can do to protect myself from this Nexusbytes deal ? how can they get away with doing whatever they want as long as a single micro fineprint somewhere in their TOS covers it somehow ?

Always do extreme research before going for a provider, especially when you are going to pay yearly. $600 is not a small amount, if a provider is especially a lowend host and without financial security, that can mean life or death. Suddenly having to refund a user $600 is going to affect cashflow. Its why they have to include these terms, after period of refund is over, they can now use the $600 as capital to invest in new offerings.

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited September 2020

@vinsanrock said:
    @Waqass i especially choose popular and nominated providers so i didn't have to read their fine prints or take a course on law.

Sorry mate, this is bs. Every company has terms of service, be they popular or not. Especially in the hosting business (because there's a lot of clients filing a chargeback for no apparent reason for instance).

Is there anything i can do to protect myself from this Nexusbytes deal ?

I think @seriesn has made you an honest deal. If I understand correctly you chose to pay a 60 USD/month contract yearly, which makes it 600 USD/year.

After 4 months you 'discover' that the speed is not what you want it to be. Nexusbytes works with you to troubleshoot but you're not into that. Then they make you a deal for your money back. Prorated of course. That's very kind of them. According to their terms they could've also said: "sorry mate, your money back period is over for literally months now: live with it", but they didn't.

Instead they offered you money back, deducted with the 4 months you used the service or to move to another location (which would be better for you). I would be impressed with this kind of service from a provider.

• if u do not send those network test results to nbytes, how they troubleshoot? this is after all unmanaged service right?

don't take a course on law but do read up on networking if that's so important for ur clients.

• @debaser the way you said it put me in the wrong side here, why do u accuse me of "discover" after 4 months that its not what i want ? Man its not about its what i want, it was tested same way on the day i paid, now i tested again AFTER being negatively affected in a way thats against original promise. You are so biased against me, you didn't even mention my server was in Los angeles and they advertise this as asian friendly even to AU/local peering...

All i get from this asian local peering to AU from West US (10TB supposed premium bandwidth) is 2-3Mbps single thread upload. This is beyond nightmare. I cant accept help from Nexusbyte because they kept on going about testing with non-AU servers !

• @vinsanrock said: the way you said it put me in the wrong side here

Because you are.

• You don't want to troubleshoot to check if the fault is at the server or at your local provider.
    • You don't accept a very generous refund offer.
    • You don't accept moving to a location that's much more suitable to you.

Instead you do a chargeback.

This gives me the feeling that you don't want your problems solved, you just want your money back.

@vinsanrock said: you didn't even mention my server was in Los angeles and they advertise this as asian friendly

"Asia optimized" means "China optimized". It's just marketing, can't do anything about that. You should've tested before ordering and if you really did and it was all hunkydory back then, you should work with Nexusbytes to troubleshoot. Even if that means testing from servers that are outside of Australia.

• @notarobo like i said i was having problem with AU servers but instead Nexusbytes only tell me to test with non-AU servers and they look like local US and some unknown EU servers to me. I chose this deal because it was advertised as asian optimized/local peering and Los angeles is closer to AU. If i just need connections within US and EU i wouldn't choose a bandwidth metered deal from Nexusbytes wouldnt u agree ?

I'm still angry at Nexusbytes for refusing to fix it, keep on and on about me having to test with non-AU servers while i kept telling them i have problem with AU which i didn't have for the first FOUR months and it was at 2-3 Mbps, if i were ok with 2-3 Mbps i would not need to buy anything from nexusbytes, why do they keep getting me to test with other servers if they can fix ? the other places are fine my US EU users didn't report a problem why the hell do i have to keep testing there for god sack ?

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited September 2020

Interesting case. So, NexusBytes has refunded $360 because their annual discount does not mean cheaper per month pricing but X paid months (based on monthly pricing) + Y free months (worth the discount amount).

In this case, the per month amount is $60, and according to NexusBytes, the OP has used 4 out of the 10 months of paid service ($60/month for each paid month), the OP has used worth $240 ($60 x 4 = $240) of service. Out of the remaining 8 months of the unused service, 6 are paid and 2 are free, so the amount to be refunded becomes 6 x $60 (+ 2 x $0) = $360, which is what NexusBytes has refunded.

I can understand why the OP is saying the he/she's been "robbed" of $40.
    If I paid $600 for 12 months of service ($600/12 = $50/month), I'd be expecting to get a pro-rated refund of $400 for the 8 months of unused service (8 x $50 = $400) unless it's written in the provider's ToS that the discounted pricing does not mean cheaper per month pricing but X paid + Y free months of service, and in case of refunds, the free months will be included in the period used for calculating the pro-rated refunds.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
    edited September 2020

@debaser im dumbfounded at your answer man, you sound just like someone from Nexusbyte. Plz read it again because they have Australia WRITEN on their page as well, should i quote again ? 100-150Mbps down to 2-3Mbps is not a temporary swing in traffic, its a problem that just happened.

Would love to take further screenshot but nexusbyte deleted my account and will or already have deleted my server illegally. I tested with their non-AU servers ok, 1 minute later tested 3 AU servers again, same 2-3Mbps.

I should've made a video so people like you won't be able to twist words. Didn't think this kind of issue can't be fixed and Nexusbyte turned out to be a burst. Im more disappointed/shocked than angry at them and you

This discussion has been closed.