Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes

15678911»

Comments

• OP profile shows she joined LET on Sept 21st and managed to create quite a stir.

• @vyas11 said:
    OP profile shows she joined LET on Sept 21st and managed to create quite a stir.

Burner account, obviously.

The only thing this thread is good for is the banner ads next to it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @vinsanrock
    You accuse @seriesn, so Sure it's always the host that is at fault.

• You choose not to read the TOS, provider is at fault
    • You choose not to backup the data, provider is at fault
    • You choose to drag and argue till the end, inspite of clear indications that your data is safe and it will be released once you open the PayPal dispute, but still it's the providers fault
    • You choose not to have any recent backup, but sure the provider is at fault to not tell me I needed to backup the data
    • you choose to hold the negotiations at last minute, but you choose to drag it way past the deadline set, still provider is at fault

If you were so damn sure that your data is removed, you could have atleast tried to close the dispute on time and then seen whether you have access to your data or not... you are and were at a losing end no matter what. But you choose to wait it out and add more fuel to the wild fire in the first place. If the provider failed to provide data, sure it would come out in the open that you are honest.. but no.

Good luck with your any future host (if you are just a troll and messing around, you made your pmsing point)!

Thanked by 2dragon1993 coolice
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I have a feeling this isn't the first for OP and he has probably done this with other provider(s) :|

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • who has won the money ? >:)

• @G4SHI said: who has won the money ?

Sadly I think OP is the winner here. Clearly no refunds should've taken place at all.

• Oh wow. I thought that this will end with the screenshots posted. How wrong was I 😂

This drama goes great with my morning coffee, keep er coming!

• @hzr said: before trying to fraudulently chargeback a provider.

A PayPal dispute/claim != chargeback. If it was a bank/card chargeback, we wouldn't be seeing this thread at all as those are mostly settled in customer's favor and not the vendor. If card chargeback was available as an option, one doesn't have to protest on a public forum to seek refund for service not delivered as promised for the entire duration of the purchase (if that was actually the case).

@vinsanrock said: I told my truth along with evidences my service was deleted BEFORE i opened dispute

No one will take you seriously on this board (which in any case is very biased towards hosts and their troll armies) until you provide some proof. Repeating "my service was deleted BEFORE i opened dispute" a dozen times doesn't change anything in your favor. Back it up with something tangible as some of the sensible users have already advised you in the thread.

"Reputation" & generally positive reviews are no guarantee that a host won't blunder up once in a while. Hope NexusBytes is an exception but as far as I have seen, those ventures who rise too fast to popularity on this board have more tendency to fail after a while whereas those who made their place gradually with steady performances have decades or more behind them now. If only cool benchmarks and sweet talk were a epitome of stability, hostdoc would still be floating around.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint seriesn
  • @kkrajk said:

@t0ny0 said: You didn't say you will go public. You threatened with a fucking PayPal dispute.

Where? Probably issue of perspectives. One meant public forum, the other thought PayPal Dispute

Well here she is:

@vinsanrock said:
    @t0ny0 no all i did was saying i would take this to third party for resolution which is lowendtalk, paypal is always last resort where no other choice were possible.

Third party for resolution means opening a dispute with PayPal. Nobody can convince me he meant LET. No way. This is not what 3rd party resolution means.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @vinsanrock

I am from Asia and using Nexusbyte's VPS in Los Angeles. I am hosting a private game server for some friends. As you'd probably know, First Person Shooting game requires the network being reasonably fast otherwise everyone's experience is shit.

I have friends that are both in US and Europe and we all enjoy our time there. I don't have any close friends in Australia who plays this game so I can't be 100% sure.

However, I have had a VPS in Singapore with OVH and I remember seeing Aussie players having a ping of 100 - 150. Therefore, I think the connection problem is because of the country, nothing wrong with @seriesn

I guess your best bet would be using a server in Australia for your clientele in Australia. If you continue using other servers, I am sure there will be 2nd, 3rd or 4th thread.

Maybe you would feel other memebers are being an asshole for mocking or teasing you. However, I hope you would understand one thing - you are the one who has started everything. Your dealing with @seriesn is supposed to be a private matter and should not be brought here. If you say the host runs away or ignores your communication, fine. But if the host is promptly replying to your ticket, I would advise not to put everything here. People would either give you negative comments (if they are being reasonable) or offensive remarks. Either way, I don't think it is what you want.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020

Before this thread is closed, I wish to know who's got the money.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, OP is the winner.

She's got the money. She may have lost data but I don't think the data was important, seeing she opened the dispute without making backup.
    Data was clearly an afterthought.

The quality of drama was rather low. It's not helped by the fact that it's painfully one-sided. As it is typical with those with severe PMS, she kept on lying.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @vyas11 said: OP profile shows she joined LET on Sept 21st and managed to create quite a stir.

The dude has put up some solid numbers whilst being only a rookie

• Well @seriesn actually got some pretty positive publicity. Thanks for that because I am not sure whether it is even possible to buy such drama.

• can someone please briefly summarize what the current state of affairs is? is nexusbytes still recommended?

• @hyperblast as with all things in life, making your own interpretation is prudent after reviewing information provided. Trusting opinions from a website from drama hungry randos is probably not the most prudent way to protect your money. I certainly would not give $600 to very many companies and within the hosting/vps space I personally wouldnt sign a year long contract given the entertaining performance of many providers on let and WHT. I'd always pay with a credit card for larger sums. Given the large number of high quality hourly billing vps providers with extensive features (vultr, do, linode, aws lightsail, google, azure, oracle), I'd rather spend my VPS money on a monthly basis even if there is a slight premium as time spent on billing insanity is not productive

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @hyperblast said: can someone please briefly summarize what the current state of affairs is? is nexusbytes still recommended?

pay monthly or quarterly at the most (to any host/service) : lesson learned.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@poisson said:
    Well @seriesn actually got some pretty positive publicity.

That isn't really pro on LET. We all know that people sign up for hosts regardless their reputation if price is low enough.

• @hyperblast said:
    can someone please briefly summarize what the current state of affairs is? is nexusbytes still recommended?

Yes, definitely recommended.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2020

I did pay my NB VPS for a year in advance - and I never had a reason to regret that.

@seriesn always was responsive and if there's anything I'm not perfectly happy with it's the one thing that plagues all relatively new and fast growing providers in the low end segment: They don't yet have enough nodes to take on lots of new customers without creating a phase during which the nodes run less smooth until fresh nodes are installed. But that issue is relatively lite with NexusBytes as he seems to not cram too many VPSs into too few nodes but rather seems to have a reasonably well balanced setup. All in all I'm a happy customer.

Re OP: IMO (s)he is an egocentric jerk who only sees his side and prefers to pressure people rather than to constructively discuss to find a mutually good solution.
    First he tried to pressure NB via this LET thread.
    Then he tried to pressure NB via a paypal dispute.
    And then, even though he had to give in, tried to at least paint himself as the victim and seriesn as a the evil guy.

The result? A complete failure and his data lost.

And the saddest part is that he seems to have learned nothing. He'll simply create a new fake account and rinse and repeat.

Thanked by 3msallak1 seriesn chip
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Dicks every where!

• @t0ny0 said:

@hyperblast said:
    can someone please briefly summarize what the current state of affairs is? is nexusbytes still recommended?

Yes, definitely recommended.

i somehow expected that. now i wait until black friday or other special offers and then i test nexusbytes myself. but i will not book a service for 600$, because i don't need one for my games.

• @hyperblast said: is nexusbytes still recommended?

Not the cheapest but professional, helpful, fast and reliable. 10/10 I would buy.

Thanked by 2hyperblast seriesn
  • Op, I am extremely sorry for how things ended. This whole thing could have been avoided and It didn't have to end this way. But sadly it did.

To everyone else, appreciate the support and constructive feedback. It truly meant a lot and now I have stronger reason to not only avoid any failures but also continue to improve and elevate our brand.

To the mods, even though this is not my thread, I think this thread has run its course (4k+ view and a boat load of comments) and if it is okay, please close this thread. There is no more reason to continue bashing the Op or anyone else.

• @hyperblast said: nexusbytes still recommended?

10/10 Would perform sexual favours on Nahian again.

Thanked by 2chip seriesn
  • So perhaps, a suggested tutorial or write-up for LET/LEB might be on troubleshooting network problems and/or what data to present to your provider that they'd ask for as step 1.

I just ordered a new VPS from a new data center location (different provider) with 24ms to Google dns (am expecting 0-12ms) I've never experienced that before and suspect something is off.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I think the drama has run its course. /thread

This discussion has been closed.