Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what happened when you do business with Nexusbytes

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2020

I do agree with you, that we shouldn't defend providers, but ONLY if you use verified testing methods on the server to prove your point.

If you are unsure, make a thread here and ask before you open dispute on paypal, cause then the whmcs plugin will freeze your services instantly and I'm 100% sure nexusbytes is not gonna let you back in even to prove yourself at this point. I wouldn't either. It's too late now, besides he gave you plenty of chances already.

He tried to work it out with you, but you refused and made a FULL chargeback AFTER he already refunded some of that cash to you. If you disagree with that sum, you couldve just refunded him back and made the chargeback then for the full sum. Instead you chose to keep both sums, which just makes you look like a scammer with intention to cancel the purchase in the first place. Like, no wonder you refused to run the tests that you were asked to.

• vinsanrockvinsanrock Member
    edited September 2020

@stefeman your entitled to your view but i don't think its right to assume things

He lied "Op, Your service wasn't deleted but rather suspended after you opened a dispute with paypal,"
    He deleted my service BEFORE i opened dispute. You all know it takes sometime to look for the old transaction and my emails showed that I opened dispute AFTER he unreasonably deleted my server and potentially my data

I think u missed the point of $600, Nexusbytes is holding my data hostage and threaten to delete unless u have assumed my data is worthless otherwise i dont think its wrong when provider intentionally threaten to delete customer data

• @kkrajk said:

@notarobo said: if u do not send those network test results to nbytes, how they troubleshoot? this is after all unmanaged service right?

Not taking sides here but if @seriesn is selling AU optimised servers, shouldn't he have a framework inplace to check & report whether the route is optimised or not? Simple Logic

To be fair, I don't think he ever sold those as "Australia optimized" or "Asia optimized". It was more "it's LA, so it's also useful for people accross the pacific".

Nexusbytes has servers in Singapore now, if I was OP i would've just accepted a plan there.

@vinsanrock said: i dont know of any server unbiased that i can test agaist

It's iperf mate. Just run it on a box on your home connection and on your remote server. Test the speed between the two. Won't get more realistic than that.

@vinsanrock said: which only started happening yesterday

So it might as well be a temporary problem.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited September 2020

TL;DR

OP is Happy with nexus bytes for 4 months.

And then Somehow, For Some Reason, The speed is plummeted down into 1-3 Mbps to Some Australian Internet Provider, which is barely usable.

Nexusbytes / @seriesn said there is no problem and showing speedtest and said, it's normal. The thing is, OP doesn't give a fuck about the speedtest to some DC on Autralia. He just want the speed back to normal to his client which use specific internet provider.

Nexusbytes ask for mtr, OP can't provide it. Because I think OP need to ask his client to do an mtr which is weird. So he asked refund instead.

Me too have been in OP's shoes. Internet provider suddenly change shit, and make my website slow as a nail. I need to migrate all of my websites into another cdn provider.

INDIHOME VS CLOUDFLARE.

edited September 2020

@yokowasis ithink u got that part wrong on me, i didn't refuse his AU DC test, i refused his US EU test. All i saw was US n EU servers from Nexusbyte test suggestion while im still having real problem with AU users.

I got your point so i especially tested same way, at my other servers, speed was still over 100Mbps and my AU users still having issue since then with nexusbytes at 2-3Mbps and they dont acknowledge. All they could do just need to acknowledge they have a problem at AU link, i can wait for a week fix, instead of keep saying all good/all fine and also say im not as knowledgeable as him/Jay, what i disputed with is the fact that server has a problem to AU and they refused it then offered refund short of $40 and made it a separated transaction which made me wary. I think Nexusbyte even mentioned the transaction was sent as goods and services ??? why ? i dont understand, can i even make a dispute on already refunded transaction through old payment ?

i dont understand the assumptions against me i have included info as needed but keep saying otherwise

• I have a friend who lives in AU and he says that AU's ISP is crap so he needs to use AU-AU VPN to get better overseas connect. Anyone can prove that?

• @elliotc most of my AU users were pulling 30-100Mbps just fine for 4 straight months without complaint or major changes. Thats why i cant believe its my problem im having problem now, all of them suddenly have loading problem now and only happen at this server in topic.

I have tested all the ways i can to make sure its not their fault but unfortunately it is.
    I find it really strange they had to cancel my service and be hostile to me and forced me to open paypal dispute without "further negotiation" all i did was ask for it to be fixed or refund me the right amount if they can't, my service is still valid now but they canceled or deleted it.

• team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited September 2020

@vinsanrock did you ask your client to try a speed test or ask them to download a big file from your server (Nexusbyte server) and ask them how long did they wait to download that file?

I had this issue before but not with Nexus. I am managing a lot of dedicated servers and one of our clients says that our website/service is slow. I did some testing on that server and it seems good to me. They said that their connection speed is fast and expensive. They do not know traceroute since it is a bit technical.

What I did is I put some Linux ISO (2GB) complete on my server and send them the link to this so they can download and our surprise it took them 58minutes to download that. Meaning they have a slow connection and that is not our problem.

In my place here our ISP's always says unlimited but along with that is a line saying "Fair usage policy" which means once you reach a fair usage (daily) quota you will be throttled to a slower speed.

I know that data is expensive in AU before. I'm not sure today.

You said that non-au servers have the top speed right? and AU server has a slow one.

One thing. Avoid long term deals. (It is not my intention to offend @seriesn and other providers) . The problem here is that refund is very limited. Your lucky if they refund you based on the number of unused months. The point I am making is that you don't want to lock yourself in. You might see a good offer from another provider, cheaper and better maybe and I am hoping you have some backups right? I got a low-end dedi just downloading a file periodically this is our low-end backup serve in-case something happens.

$1 dollar is big money here in my place and you have my sympathy on those pennies you say you lose. But hey they offer a refund you are lucky.

Thanked by 1CasualCanvas
    edited September 2020

@jeorlie right, their speed to US and EU inside their suggested test is fine, only AU when i tested is not. Its not like im blaming them right away, in my ticket it clearly shows i just was demanding them to fix it, not like immediately, but they refused

And no i didn't ask them to test downloading any file as i wasn't hosting file sharing, that sounds like a good idea but my users are not technical and they were having page load problem so im less inclined to test that given same server settings were used for almost 4 months and now having problem thats why i firmly believe its something only Nexusbyte can trace down. No did not change any server settings even if smallest one for over a month now and it only happened yesterday.
    I mean if it was my fault i would happily pay for any trouble i caused them but they took such a drastic action.

Im still confused and very busy at fixing the situation since nexusbytes refused to let this matter public so they closed down my server and threatened to delete data

• You fucked up. You do not deserve a refund to be honest, and saying that you're entitled to your server till the 23rd is BS, considering that you did a chargeback. If a customer tells me that they are about to do a chargeback - their account will be immediately closed as well.
    You used a shitty script, ignored the troubleshooting steps offered by NB, and then came here to bitch about it.
    Did you ever think that this issue could be with the AU provider? That maybe their pipes were filled for that specific moment, considering that its the fucking weekend?
    No, of course you didn't. You used a flawed test, got shitty results, got pissed off at a provider, threatening the provider, followed by opening a dispute. LOL. You are the worst kind of customer, and good luck to your next provider on having to deal with your whining.

This all just gives me more trust in the Nexus Bytes family, and I am oh so happy to be their customer :-)
    @seriesn the way you handled that - you're a legend sir!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • hey #vinsanrock, just closed paypal dispute, and talk again to #seriesn, I am sure he is still wise. and that prorate refund seems fair. and take your data if possible.

• @t0ny0 you can think how you like but slashing at me like that without even reading my whole story is wrong. If u look again u will see Nexusbytes deleted my account BEFORE i opened dispute. A mod is even welcome to login my email and paypal account to verify this fact if it means to prove im right.

Honestly even i was shocked why he deleted my server when its still valid till at least 29/09/2020. I can't avoid opening dispute because at times i thought Nexusbyte already destroyed my valuable data. If u assumed my data were worthless that would be different

• @vinsanrock said:
    @t0ny0 you can think how you like but slashing at me like that without even reading my whole story is wrong. If u look again u will see Nexusbytes deleted my account BEFORE i opened dispute. A mod is even welcome to login my email and paypal account to verify this fact if it means to prove im right.

Honestly even i was shocked why he deleted my server when its still valid till at least 29/09/2020. I can't avoid opening dispute because at times i thought Nexusbyte already destroyed my valuable data. If u assumed my data were worthless that would be different

Are you saying you didn't tell them that you will open a dispute before your account was closed?

• @vinsanrock said:
    @yokowasis ithink u got that part wrong on me, i didn't refuse his AU DC test, i refused his US EU test. All i saw was US n EU servers from Nexusbyte test suggestion while im still having real problem with AU users.

I got your point so i especially tested same way, at my other servers, speed was still over 100Mbps and my AU users still having issue since then with nexusbytes at 2-3Mbps and they dont acknowledge. All they could do just need to acknowledge they have a problem at AU link, i can wait for a week fix, instead of keep saying all good/all fine and also say im not as knowledgeable as him/Jay, what i disputed with is the fact that server has a problem to AU and they refused it then offered refund short of $40 and made it a separated transaction which made me wary. I think Nexusbyte even mentioned the transaction was sent as goods and services ??? why ? i dont understand, can i even make a dispute on already refunded transaction through old payment ?

i dont understand the assumptions against me i have included info as needed but keep saying otherwise

You sir are a dick, you already got prorated refund but you still open a dispute on the old payment, i was wrong to even think maybe you were right in some way but what you did was just dirty when you agreed to the refund. Why the hell would you think your service would continue running after receiving refund.

• @pedagang he told me "no further negotiation" and theres no way hes at fault. That would be a serious insult to me if i were to beg after hearing that plus hes holding my hostage to demand me to back off.

Let me tell u Nexusbytes, without any tampering happened, if it were proven i was wrong i would happily pay for my trouble ? how about that offer after i was insulted multiple times ?

• Who still uses Yahoo! Mail?

Thanked by 2dosai CasualCanvas
  • @elliotc said:
    I have a friend who lives in AU and he says that AU's ISP is crap so he needs to use AU-AU VPN to get better overseas connect. Anyone can prove that?

I don't know about AU, but I can confirm, this is definitely a thing in Indonesia. I am connecting to Indonesian VPN from Indonesia.

@jeorlie said:
    What I did is I put some Linux ISO (2GB) complete on my server and send them the link to this so they can download and our surprise it took them 58minutes to download that. Meaning they have a slow connection and that is not our problem.

A real test should be downloading the ISO from both your server, and public mirror. And then compared the speed. Just downloading from your server isn't the right way to measure the speed. It's possible the connection to your server just slow.

• eagerly waiting for OP's request for new VPS requirements thread

edited September 2020

@t0ny0 no all i did was saying i would take this to third party for resolution which is lowendtalk, paypal is always last resort where no other choice were possible. Would it hurt to close my account after i opened dispute ?

@Ahfaiahkid you are free and welcome to insult me harder if i were wrong. Plz read again my post before slashing at me. Nexusbyte at the time closed my service and made it seems all my data is lost im not even sure if it still lives now. He refunded my by sending a goods and services transaction not through official refund function. If u assumed my data is worthless that would be different

• @vinsanrock said:
    @pedagang he told me "no further negotiation" and theres no way hes at fault.

read

Unless the initial dispute has been closed.......

assumed upstream matter

• its not like i ask for it to fixed same day. Why didn't he want to charge me in case i was wrong ? why be so hostile to me and deleted my server data ?

am i even allowed to defend myself ? what if my data is accidentally deleted as well, what made u so sure that $600 is worth more than my data

• @vinsanrock said:
    @t0ny0 no all i did was saying i would take this to third party for resolution which is lowendtalk, paypal is always last resort where no other choice were possible. Would it hurt to close my account after i opened dispute ?

Well here is exactly what you told them:

So i said if u wont refund correctly im taking this to third party for resolution, Nexusbytes immediately closed my account and deleted my account.

Third party for resolution means opening a dispute. So you threatened them with a dispute, and yet you are complaining that your shit got closed? You were in the wrong to do that, and now you get to suffer the consequences.

• @vinsanrock

And no i didn't ask them to test downloading any file as i wasn't hosting file sharing

Too bad. It would be nice If you have Nginx and just throw the link of a big file for download so clients can open.

What service do you offer on that server if you won't mind?

This is based on my experience but before that download thing that I said before, I used to ask for a TeamViewer or Anydesk credentials and check the customer's speed myself. Once I concluded that the client's internet speed is working fine then this is where I contact the provider. In your future works/service I hope you can test or try this approach.

• @vinsanrock said:
    its not like i ask for it to fixed same day. Why didn't he want to charge me in case i was wrong ? why be so hostile to me and deleted my server data ?

am i even allowed to defend myself ? what if my data is accidentally deleted as well, what made u so sure that $600 is worth more than my data

You acted like the $600 is worth more than your data when YOU THREATENED THE HOST WITH A DISPUTE.
    Damn, sir/madam, you are thick.

• @t0ny0 lol thats a mad way to assume, i've been with it for 4 months if i wanted to open a dispute i would have done already without warning, dont u agree ?

He would have threaten back and know that i only want to take it to public. Lets say i were wrong i would publicly apologies and send him $ for damage

He deleted my server like its worthless and i've been with them over 4 months not like yesterday

• @yokowasis

A real test should be downloading the ISO from both your server, and public mirror. And then compared the speed. Just downloading from your server isn't the right way to measure the speed. It's possible the connection to your server just slow

yes, before doing that I checked the server itself with that file with our server from other regions. After I get the result (average speed) I throw the link to the customer for them to download. It works all the time.

edited September 2020

If i meant to say paypal dispute, why would i say third party resolution ? me and my friends are in asia so english is not first language, nexusbytes know this. He didn't ask if i meant paypal dispute.

Btw i didn't agree to 360 why did he send it anyway ? thats wrong, he didnt even discuss with me or i agree to it at any point now its just me wrong ?

• @vinsanrock said: He deleted my server

He suspended your server. Totally different thing.

• @debaser later he said if i dont back off and admit my fault he will delete it. Its not my fault so i cant admit it

• where you from @vinsanrock if you don't mind? SG servers are near AU. They should have a decent latency.

This discussion has been closed.