Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• What NVMe's you got ? Toshiba or Samsung's ?

• @amarc said:

What NVMe's you got ? Toshiba or Samsung's ?

TOSHIBA KXD51RUE3T84

• Hello all !
    I saw that the server auctions are now starting at 25 euros, will the price go down in the future ? iirc it was starting at 22 euros..
    Thanks !

• coldcold Member

WE WANT NEW LOCATIONS ! give us 😉

Thanked by 10xbkt
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Let's Encrypt™ support for load balancers is here! More convience, less wasted time — this is what you get with Let's Encrypt™ certificates, and you can automate their creation and management. You can configure it directly in the Cloud Console and secure your data this way. Manual administration and expired SSL-certificates are no longer an issue when using our load balancers. The certificates renew and reactivate themselves continuously after you assign them to a resource.

• 10TB10TB Member

@Hetzner_OL any chance for adding Kubernetes to your offer?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Let's Encrypt™ support for load balancers is here! More convience, less wasted time — this is what you get with Let's Encrypt™ certificates, and you can automate their creation and management. You can configure it directly in the Cloud Console and secure your data this way. Manual administration and expired SSL-certificates are no longer an issue when using our load balancers. The certificates renew and reactivate themselves continuously after you assign them to a resource.

I hope that was a joke:

The domain name must be managed through Hetzner DNS and belong to the owner of this project.

Yes, the domain must be completely managed via Hetzner DNS. The domain does not have to be registered / purchased with us.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Yes, the domain must be completely managed via Hetzner DNS. The domain does not have to be registered / purchased with us.

This sounds crazy. Basically to use the letsencrypt certificate I should move my domains DNS servers to Hetzner and then you could get some free certs for me?

Amazing I would say. Who would in the world migrate domain DNS servers to Hetzner?

If you're doing cloud then do what you're perfect at, DNS isn't your main job and I'm not sure if it fast enough and has diversified servers around the globe.

I have already pointed that your load balancers don't have the ability to change reverse DNS but you said it's in a BETA and expect that feature when launching - no, it still in BETA.

Now to use free certs you're saying migrate domain DNS servers.

The person who integrated this feature might get some beer and check the documentation that there are multiple ways to verify the domain name for which you're getting certs and it doesn't necessary to migrate DNS servers to you.

Hetzner Cloud servers powered by the AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series processor

We are now offering six new models of dedicated vCPU cloud servers which are equipped with the newest AMD EPYC processor.
    AMD EPYC™ 7003 processors offer incredible performance and continue to raise the bar for the modern data center.

With these new models, Hetzner offers unrivaled performance in the cloud sector with dedicated vCPUs.
    Designed to be the world’s highest performance x86 processor, driving faster time to value, EPYC™ 7003 Series processors can help speed data analytics and get answers faster.

A wide range of models offers customers flexibility and scalability: The entry-level model with two dedicated vCPUs is the new CCX12 for only €19.90 per month (excl. VAT).
    For use cases with extremely high requirements, there is the CCX62 with a whopping 48 dedicated vCPUs.
    Between the two, there is a suitable model for every business requirement.

Check out the specs for Hetzner Cloud servers powered by the AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series processor here: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud/amd-epyc

Thanked by 1angelius
  • naphovnaphov Member

Hello !
    If a hetzner auction server is sold, will they be put again ? I wanted to get a server but unfortunately it was sold..

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LET-ers,

Happy Friday! Do you want to see the team behind the tech in Tuusula (Helsinki)? We just added a new video to our YouTube channel.
    --Katie

Quite interesting video to see, given that I also applied via open form when you had postings open :smile:

Too bad I had already accepted a role in another place, which I'm still working at by the time I got interview request so I had to turn it down lol.

Then again, it looks kind of similar to my current workplace in terms of community based on what the people told in the vid. Great vid with some good exposure for a chance.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • this company never stops amazing me... ordered another ax-51, received it 25 mins later, brand new HDDs, then I placed a ticket for an NVME and it was installed 20 mins after and 0 power on hours also. a+.

• nikozinnikozin Member

@Hetzner_OL

Any plans on bringing Plesk Web Admin SE on Hetzner Cloud?

Specifically this:
    https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/operating-systems/plesk/

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Object storage when?

• CybrCybr Member

@ericls said:
    Object storage when?

They've already got https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box but it's expensive.

@nikozin and @ericls -- As a general rule, we don't post schedules of what we're working on and if or when we'll introduce it. I can say that object storage for Hetzner cloud is one of the most requested things on the wish list. I personally haven't seen a request yet for Plesk Web Admin SE, so it is less likely, but I will pass that suggestion onto the dev team nonetheless.
    I thought I'd post a fun pic today. Since I am not a technician, I have never needed to go under the raised floors, but I have always been a bit curious what it looks like down there. Our photographer was in the DC the other day and got this shot:

--Katie

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

I thought I'd post a fun pic today. Since I am not a technician, I have never needed to go under the raised floors, but I have always been a bit curious what it looks like down there. Our photographer was in the DC the other day and got this shot:

--Katie

how about renting that out as test area for robotic vaccum cleaners?

• xetsysxetsys Member

Any ETA when Hetzner will reopen preorders for SX63? I feel extremely stupid for cancelling my preorder due to huge wait time, just a week before when hetzner stopped taking any new orders. Now I feel like I might not be able to order sx63 at all. FOMO is real :(

I really wish hetzner brings back preorders so that new customers can get in queue irrespective of the server delivery time.

I have no information on if or when we will be bringing back the pre-orders for the SX servers. There's a lot of variables that could affect things.
    Once there's any news on our SX servers, we will post it on our social media channels. For now, that's the best I can give you.
    I am sorry about the FOMO. (In my head, I imagine you looking a little bit like that meme with Pablo Escobar. But I hope it that bad.) --Katie

Thanked by 1xetsys

@Falzo said: how about renting that out as test area for robotic vaccum cleaners?

Oh, that's an interesting idea.

I decided when I saw the picture that it would make a good hidding place if there was ever a zombie apocolypse in the DC. --Katie

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Hetzner_OL said: it would make a good hidding place if there was ever a zombie apocolypse

sure, hiding in crawl spaces usually turns out to be a good idea... you'll probably be like:

I suppose. Crawl spaces don't really give you the space to wield samurai swords or something similar, I suppose.
    Are there any movies/TV shows where the sysadmin survives a big disaster or monster? I couldn't think of one the other day. I kept on thinking of the Samuel L. Jackson and Wayne Knight. (I think of strange things when I am trying to fall asleep.) --Katie

• xx00xxxx00xx Member

https://bgp.he.net/net/5.161.0.0/16#_dns

5.161.0.65 core1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.66 spine1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.69 spine1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.70 leaf1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com

ash for ashburn?

Thanked by 1Tejy
  • TejyTejy Member

@xx00xx said:
    https://bgp.he.net/net/5.161.0.0/16#_dns

5.161.0.65 core1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.66 spine1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.69 spine1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com
    5.161.0.70 leaf1.cloud1.ash.hetzner.com

ash for ashburn?

Hetzner in Ashburn... Interesting.
    After Contabo in SGP and USA, it's fully possible.

Thanked by 1xx00xx
  • pbxpbx Member

@xx00xx said: ashburn?

That would be great as that's a pretty neat location (good latency to whole north & south america as well as EU)

Thanked by 1xx00xx
  • Sadly not Ashburn, unless they've somehow managed to get ~3 ms latency between Falkenstein -> Nuremberg, then to the US.

Also found: https://ash1-speed.hetzner.com/

Thanked by 1xx00xx
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@Decicus said:
    Sadly not Ashburn, unless they've somehow managed to get ~3 ms latency between Falkenstein -> Nuremberg, then to the US.

Also found: https://ash1-speed.hetzner.com/

130ms from US... Guess it isn't :cry:

Edit: It seems that none of those IPs ping back. Hoping it means that the routes haven't been set, and they are just waiting for them to be.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member

Probably Aschheim or Aschaffenburg.