Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• @jazz1611 said: they said it same model (dont want replace to Datacenter for me), also i was cancelled the server because can't boot to OS after installed OS. first time get many problem with Hetzner and Hardware.

The ssd is fine and what you said in the ticket is nonsense.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal cold
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@jazz1611 - I am sorry that you decided to cancel your server with us. Since I am not a technician myself, I cannot give you a fair assessment of the hardware models. However, if customers like you ever have questions or concerns about our hardware, you should communicate with our technicians via the support ticket system. I can only provide very limited assistance since I am not myself a technician.
    I hope that another provider will be able to better meet your needs.

@vbloods - I am sorry that I could not respond more quickly to your direct message. Please see what I wrote to you there. --Katie, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL Can we please see you giving prices for the next provider poll aswell. IMHO your promotion here is free of charge and you've been given enough to share some love with us for the next provider poll aswell :wink:

@fLoo said: @Hetzner_OL Can we please see you giving prices for the next provider poll aswell.

We try to not give any particular forum an advantage over other forums. We want to remain as neutral as possible in that regard. That is why we haven't done this so far. However, I'll pass your feedback onto my boss. :)
    --Katie

We at Hetzner are working hard to better integrate our cloud servers and our dedicated root servers. This week, we've got good news for you:

So now you can configure your cloud and dedicated servers together in private networks, which open up all sorts of new opportunities.
    Here's a quick overview.

In addition, there was some news a few weeks ago that you might have missed: Dedicated root servers can now be targets for Hetzner Cloud Load Balancers. --Katie

Thanked by 3Ponury_Typ jlay sebkehl
  • emreemre Member, LIR
    edited November 2020

Am I the only one that reads this text and banner as a movie poster saying:

NETWORKS MEETS

ROBOT VS WITCH

And suddenly thinking about a movie starring a good robot and an evil witch

What the hell happening to my imagination?

Too much tea I guess...

Hahaha! That made me laugh so much! I'm imagining a movie poster like Aliens v Predator or Godzilla v King Kong or something similar, but with some sort of Robot mascot and a switch "witch" as contenders. Maybe there should also be a rap battle.
    That stuff happens to me all the time. I think it's perfectly valid to blame it on the caffeine. ;) --Katie

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited December 2020

This year we have come up with something very special for our employees - an advent calendar in the shape of a Hetzner Online Datacenter.
    Filled with 24 treats it sweetens up every day until Christmas Eve.

edited December 2020

Need massive Power for heavy Workloads? The PX93 Dedicated Root Server is the answer.
    Featuring the top 18-core Intel Xeon Cascade W-2295 processor, it supports you in every task.
    Check out the PX93! https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/px93

• should record video like tv ads. :D

edited January 2021

Hetzner Online wishes you all a successful new year.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @swat4 - Hi there - I've sent you a private message. --Katie

Hi. Thanks for the attention shown back then, though it didn't work by then.

And I tried again today, and I went through :)

However, I used a secondary email address (that is not used for signing up vps). May I know the proper procedures to apply for changing? (Or I have to wait for some months or years before raising the request?)

• @Hetzner_OL saw the new SX servers. Any ETA when this will be available in Helsinki?

• @swat4 said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @swat4 - Hi there - I've sent you a private message. --Katie

Hi. Thanks for the attention shown back then, though it didn't work by then.

And I tried again today, and I went through :)

However, I used a secondary email address (that is not used for signing up vps). May I know the proper procedures to apply for changing? (Or I have to wait for some months or years before raising the request?)

normally you can change or add your email addresses within the account settings yourself. just click the profile icon top right and choose contact details and there you'll find a dedicated email setting, where you can provide/change primary, secondary and invoicing email etc.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said: Maybe you all should suggest to @jbiloh that he add a dating service. --Katie

i can second this ...

Do you need a large amount of secure storage resources for your sensitive data? Our line of high-capacity fifth-generation storage servers are waiting for you. The combination of HDDs and NVMe SSDs ensures improved performance and makes it perfect for your high-storage use case, whether it's archiving, backing up or administering your data, or for multimedia, databases, or file servers. Profit from our SX servers' high accessibility and dependibility. The 16 TB enterprise HDDs for these models support hot-swapping, allowing you to switch out hard drives without experiencing downtime, and you can set the software RAID level of your choice.

The entry model, the SX63, comes with 4 x 16 TB enterprise HDDs. The other two models take it to the next level. We've equipped both with speedy data center NVMe SSDs — 2 x 960 GB for the SX133, and 2 x 1.92 TB for the SX293. Plus you'll say "oooh" for the oodles of HDDs; the SX133 comes with 10 x 16 TB, while the SX293 has a whopping 14 x 16 TB. We've mounted all three models with Intel Xeon processors and between 64 to 256 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM goodness.

Check out the whole line: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

Thanked by 2vimalware openos
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Do you need a large amount of secure storage resources for your sensitive data? Our line of high-capacity fifth-generation storage servers are waiting for you. The combination of HDDs and NVMe SSDs ensures improved performance and makes it perfect for your high-storage use case, whether it's archiving, backing up or administering your data, or for multimedia, databases, or file servers. Profit from our SX servers' high accessibility and dependibility. The 16 TB enterprise HDDs for these models support hot-swapping, allowing you to switch out hard drives without experiencing downtime, and you can set the software RAID level of your choice.

The entry model, the SX63, comes with 4 x 16 TB enterprise HDDs. The other two models take it to the next level. We've equipped both with speedy data center NVMe SSDs — 2 x 960 GB for the SX133, and 2 x 1.92 TB for the SX293. Plus you'll say "oooh" for the oodles of HDDs; the SX133 comes with 10 x 16 TB, while the SX293 has a whopping 14 x 16 TB. We've mounted all three models with Intel Xeon processors and between 64 to 256 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM goodness.

Check out the whole line: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

Can you comment on when it will be available in Helsinki?

• @Falzo said:

normally you can change or add your email addresses within the account settings yourself. just click the profile icon top right and choose contact details and there you'll find a dedicated email setting, where you can provide/change primary, secondary and invoicing email etc.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just taken a look and found the tab.

However - I am not sure if I can completely remove the 1st email contact and using a new one instead? Just wanna make sure won't get banned for doing this.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2021

@swat4 said:

@Falzo said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Just taken a look and found the tab.

However - I am not sure if I can completely remove the 1st email contact and using a new one instead? Just wanna make sure won't get banned for doing this.

no idea, never had issues there. maybe just leave the one you signed up with in there as secondary address? can't hurt and would make sure, you still get the mails somewhere, if your other one for some reason has different filters/provider/etc.

also I'd rather not change it to something that got stuck before - if that's the case for you and you believe the mail address itself played a role in this ofc

maybe just give some time and only change after two or three months so that some invoices ran through and have been paid to build up some history already...

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ax51
    once-off setup: € 0.00
    :D

Hi LET-ers,

Happy Friday! Do you want to see the team behind the tech in Tuusula (Helsinki)? We just added a new video to our YouTube channel.

Sorry for the somewhat delayed responses.

@kennsann - The SX63 is already available there. I am not sure when the other SX servers will be available in Helsinki. As soon as they are, we will update our website and Robot.

@swat4 - I don't think changing your email should be an issue at all, but you could always keep your original one as the secondary email as @falzo suggested. It's good to have a secondary one, anyway. You can also write a support request if you're really worried about changing your email address. But when I asked them just now, they said it would be fine to change it.

@openos - I am not sure what you're refering to. The AX51 currently has a setup fee. It is € 59.00 without VAT. Or were you asking us to have a no-setup-fee sale on the AX51...?

--Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:

There really needs to be an upgrade path with a possible discount / waiver on set-up fees for long term users who have had a certain server for a year or so, whenever you guys refresh your hardware line-up and offer better specs at the same old price point :tongue:

• @k4y5 Why would they invest in new hardware and sell it to you at the same price, when many users if not offered that chance would keep their current machines that are more profitable? Doesn't make sense. As long as new machines are value priced according to the market, no need to discount further for current customers.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2021

You know, companies exist to generate profits.

I realize that may be an alien concept on LET but, yeah, they have to generate a profit.

• @Unbelievable said:
    @k4y5 Why would they invest in new hardware and sell it to you at the same price, when many users if not offered that chance would keep their current machines that are more profitable? Doesn't make sense. As long as new machines are value priced according to the market, no need to discount further for current customers.

Geez! I merely wrote about a possible discount / waiver on set-up fees on refreshed product lines for old customers who have had the specific server for a significant amount of time. Never spoke about discounts on top of their usual prices for random auction server hoppers.

And yes, companies exist to generate profits, but it is also the long term customers who help them achieve ROI by renting hardware for years till the entire product line goes for a refresh.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Hetzner_OL what happened to AX41 in helsinki ?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi LET-ers,

Happy Friday! Do you want to see the team behind the tech in Tuusula (Helsinki)? We just added a new video to our YouTube channel.

Sorry for the somewhat delayed responses.

@kennsann - The SX63 is already available there. I am not sure when the other SX servers will be available in Helsinki. As soon as they are, we will update our website and Robot.

@swat4 - I don't think changing your email should be an issue at all, but you could always keep your original one as the secondary email as @falzo suggested. It's good to have a secondary one, anyway. You can also write a support request if you're really worried about changing your email address. But when I asked them just now, they said it would be fine to change it.

@openos - I am not sure what you're refering to. The AX51 currently has a setup fee. It is € 59.00 without VAT. Or were you asking us to have a no-setup-fee sale on the AX51...?

--Katie

Yes please no setup fee sale :smile:

Break through to new dimensions with the Dedicated Root Server AX101.
    Advance your performance with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X

From virtualization to content creation — nothing stands between you and the horizon with our new Dedicated Root Server AX101. This model, equipped with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X, doesn't fit in a conventional CPU class.
    Officially, the 16 core, 32 thread CPU with Zen 3 architecture is a desktop processor. But its stellar performance on practically every metric, on both multi- and single-threaded performance, takes it to the next dimension.

You can put the AX101's hardware to work. It comes with 128 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM and two 3.84 TB datacenter NVMe SSDs, so you'll have plenty of memory and storage to handle a wide-range of use cases. Got growing resource requirements?
    It's quick and easy to add more drives for a small fee. You'll power through your challenging workloads more quickly and efficiently with the AX101, a workhorse you can rely on.

For more information: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101/configurator

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Break through to new dimensions with the Dedicated Root Server AX101.
    Advance your performance with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X

From virtualization to content creation — nothing stands between you and the horizon with our new Dedicated Root Server AX101. This model, equipped with AMD's Ryzen™ 9 5950X, doesn't fit in a conventional CPU class.
    Officially, the 16 core, 32 thread CPU with Zen 3 architecture is a desktop processor. But its stellar performance on practically every metric, on both multi- and single-threaded performance, takes it to the next dimension.

You can put the AX101's hardware to work. It comes with 128 GB of DDR4 ECC RAM and two 3.84 TB datacenter NVMe SSDs, so you'll have plenty of memory and storage to handle a wide-range of use cases. Got growing resource requirements?
    It's quick and easy to add more drives for a small fee. You'll power through your challenging workloads more quickly and efficiently with the AX101, a workhorse you can rely on.

For more information: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101/configurator

Just fell in love with AX101 <3

• AX51-HDD+1TB NVMe

ynsoqS.md.png

HDD
    yns6Ve.png
    ynsW8I.md.png
    ynssbD.png

1 TB NVMe
    ynsRPA.md.png
    ynshxP.png
    ynsrDO.png