Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited June 2020

I know how much LET readers love to talk about performance. So I'm pretty sure you'll be psyched about a new feature at Hetzner Cloud: Load Balancers. Among other things, they'll help you improve the performance and availability of your apps. Right now, they're free to test out in the beta-test.

--Katie

• arw55arw55 Member
    edited June 2020

"Hetzner Cloud: Load Balancers"

finally :)

edit: how much will it be when the beta ends?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    I know how much LET readers love to talk about performance. So I'm pretty sure you'll be psyched about a new feature at Hetzner Cloud: Load Balancers. Among other things, they'll help you improve the performance and availability of your apps. Right now, they're free to test out in the beta-test: hetzner.com/cloud/load-balancer

--Katie

Your link broken.
    (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162895/hetzner.com/cloud/load-balancer)

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@arw55 said:
    "Hetzner Cloud: Load Balancers"

finally :)

edit: how much will it be when the beta ends?

Pricing is from 5 to 30 euros on their website.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @dragon1993 said: Your link broken.

Use this : https://hetzner.com/cloud/load-balancer FIXED LINK! lol

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • angeliusangelius Member
    edited June 2020

Thanks Hetzner, I was waiting for this since a very long time :)

Here is a quick Benchmark using WRK pointed to the LoadBalancer,
    The load balancer is configured to balance the traffic to 2 small VMs

Running 10s test @ http://REDACTED_LoadBalancer_IP/
    2 threads and 256 connections
    Thread Stats Avg Stdev Max +/- Stdev
    Latency 19.96ms 7.98ms 238.66ms 90.02%
    Req/Sec 6.48k 1.07k 8.23k 74.00%
    129170 requests in 10.05s, 33.51MB read
    Requests/sec: 12849.26
    Transfer/sec: 3.33MB

To compare with direct connection to one of the 2 backend servers:

Running 10s test @ http://REDACTED_DirectIP/
    2 threads and 256 connections
    Thread Stats Avg Stdev Max +/- Stdev
    Latency 8.93ms 17.34ms 248.45ms 98.06%
    Req/Sec 18.28k 5.77k 33.25k 62.50%
    363957 requests in 10.03s, 94.06MB read
    Requests/sec: 36281.00
    Transfer/sec: 9.38MB

FYI when I use Cloudflare Load balancer i'm around 15K RPS, so not bad!

• @Hetzner_OL

I've just noticed something strange by adding more targets to my Hetzner cloud load balancer

with 1 target I get 14K RPS
    with 2 targets I get 12K RPS
    with 3 targets I get 12K RPS

with 4 targets I get 5K-6k RPS

I have re runned the test a lot of times because I believe the results where unexpected
    I expected the number of RPS to increase, and not to decrease dramatically above 3 targets.

Maybe it's something worth investigation while you are in beta ;)

@angelius said:
    Maybe it's something worth investigation while you are in beta ;)

Oh, thanks for your message. I'll be happy to pass that along to our cloud team.

We investigated this.
    We are unable to reproduce and see nice scaling when we add more nodes. For our smallest LB type you can expect something around 10k requests/sec for small pages.

Customer can also try changing load balancer algorithm from round-robin to least connections to rule out problems with one target server being slower than the other and stalling the bencmark

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @Hetzner_OL Thanks for the investigation
    Indeed after switching to Least Connections instead of round robin I'm getting 11K RPS :)

And it make sense because 1 of the 4 VM have only 1 CPU vs 2 for the 3 others

What are the RPS capacity of the 2 others Load balancers planned? (14.99 & 29.99)

Thanks for the nice feedback we've gotten so far about the new Load Balancers. :) We know you guys like pics, so here's another inside peek inside our DC:

Thanked by 3uzaysan Jord RickBakkr
  • uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited June 2020

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Thanks for the nice feedback we've gotten so far about the new Load Balancers. :) We know you guys like pics, so here's another inside peek inside our DC:

Does load balancers support automatic server creation? For example if all my servers are full, then create a new server using my snapshot or backup? And delete them when they don't do anything for x amount of time? İ don't know if this possible. But wanted to ask

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@uzaysan said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Does load balancers support automatic server creation? For example if all my servers are full, then create a new server using my snapshot or backup? And delete them when they don't do anything for x amount of time? İ don't know if this possible. But wanted to ask

Autoscaling is not directly supported, but should be easily accomplished via the API.

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • any news regard ax61 on germany >:
    im waiting for so long!

• @Hetzner_OL said:

Good day sir,

I was a client two years ago, I want to hire your services and they rejected my documents for no reason, did I do something wrong?

• @angelius said: Indeed after switching to Least Connections instead of round robin I'm getting 11K RPS

Hey @angelius . Can you show me how do you benchmark load balancer? Can I use same test to my own Nginx load balancer?

• berkayberkay Member

Has anyone tried a distribution upgrade (specifically Debian) on server auction machines, especially the i7-2600 board? I'll have to upgrade one all the way from Debian 8 to 10, and wanted to check if there are any known problems/recommendations.

• @uzaysan said:

@angelius said: Indeed after switching to Least Connections instead of round robin I'm getting 11K RPS

Hey @angelius . Can you show me how do you benchmark load balancer? Can I use same test to my own Nginx load balancer?

Sure, I use WRK,
    Installation instructions are here:
    https://github.com/wg/wrk/wiki/Installing-Wrk-on-Linux

Then once installed to run it:
    wrk -t2 -c256 http://your-server-ip/

• @angelius said:

@uzaysan said:

@angelius said: Indeed after switching to Least Connections instead of round robin I'm getting 11K RPS

Sure, I use WRK,
    Installation instructions are here:
    https://github.com/wg/wrk/wiki/Installing-Wrk-on-Linux

Then once installed to run it:
    wrk -t2 -c256 http://your-server-ip/

Thank you

@Advicerxyz said: any news regard ax61 on germany >:

im waiting for so long!

Please check the wait times here, and remember that the days here are workdays. https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en

If the normal wait time for your model has already passed, you can write to [email protected] and ask about the status of your order. Make sure to include your order number. If the wait time has not already passed, we ask you to try to be patient. (I know it can be hard to wait for something, but our team is working at top speed to deploy servers as quickly as possible.) --Katie

@berkay said: Has anyone tried a distribution upgrade (specifically Debian) on server auction machines, especially the i7-2600 board? I'll have to upgrade one all the way from Debian 8 to 10, and wanted to check if there are any known problems/recommendations.

If you don't get an answer here, this might be a good question for our customer forum: https://forum.hetzner.com --Katie

Thanked by 1berkay

@AC_Fan said: Autoscaling is not directly supported, but should be easily accomplished via the API.

@uzaysan - @AC_Fan is correct here. If you have questions about that, please write a support request via Cloud Console. --Katie

@Haggboss - There are hundreds of things that might make a new account look suspicious. We don't share this information with new customers. It would make it easier for spammers and attackers to create new accounts.
    You can try to re-do your order. Please double check that all of your information is correct and complete. And perhaps re-send your documents in a different picture. If you can think about any reason why your account information may seem unusual, please write an explanation to [email protected].
    If our team rejects your order a second time, that is their final decision. We must be very, very careful who we accept as customers. We receive hundreds of fake orders every week and it can sometimes be very difficult to decide what is real and what is fake. If we are not sure, we will reject an account. This helps us to prevent abuse. --Katie

There's a new tutorial on our Community page that may catch your eye.

Have you ever thought of writing a tutorial yourself? What's stopping you? You could earn €50 for each tutorial that we publish. --Katie

• arw55arw55 Member

What is bandwidth to the public network for cloud servers?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    There's a new tutorial on our Community page that may catch your eye.

Have you ever thought of writing a tutorial yourself? What's stopping you? You could earn €50 for each tutorial that we publish. --Katie

How can I publish my tutorial? I can make a tutorial about installing or configuring the apps I use such as Parse Server, Minio, MongoDB, Nginx etc..

• its a Real Shame hetzner cap there 10gb at 20tb , if they offered 10gb unmetered would have so many more services with them @Hetzner_OL any sign of offering unmetered?

• fLoofLoo Member

@Hetzner_OL : Will the VAT-Reduction be reflected in the prices for your german customers? (19%->16% VAT)?

@fLoo - Yes, I believe this will start on 1 July and, to the best of my knowledge, will only affect customers in Germany. If you have any detailed questions about this, our accounting team can help. You can reach them by writing a support request via Robot.

@arw55 The connection for our Load Balances will be similar for the overall Cloud instances: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/CloudServer/en#What_kind_of_connection_do_the_instances_have.3F

@uzaysan I'm so happy that you want to write tutorial! :) You can go to our Community Project on GitHub and check out the guidelines for writing a tutorial. Look under "How to".

@HyperHost Thanks for your feedback. To the best of my knowledge, there are no current plans to change this for Hetzner Cloud.

On a different note, one of our coworkers in Finland stopped to take this shot of the wildflower meadow in front of our DC.

Like the flowers, it's crazy how quickly this site has grown! There's now 150,000 square meters of DC space here. --Katie

Thanked by 2mitnick2 hackerman