Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @fLoo - Yes, I believe this will start on 1 July and, to the best of my knowledge, will only affect customers in Germany. If you have any detailed questions about this, our accounting team can help. You can reach them by writing a support request via Robot.

@arw55 The connection for our Load Balances will be similar for the overall Cloud instances: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/CloudServer/en#What_kind_of_connection_do_the_instances_have.3F

@uzaysan I'm so happy that you want to write tutorial! :) You can go to our Community Project on GitHub and check out the guidelines for writing a tutorial. Look under "How to".

@HyperHost Thanks for your feedback. To the best of my knowledge, there are no current plans to change this for Hetzner Cloud.

On a different note, one of our coworkers in Finland stopped to take this shot of the wildflower meadow in front of our DC.

Like the flowers, it's crazy how quickly this site has grown! There's now 150,000 square meters of DC space here. --Katie

@Hetzner_OL this was in question to your dedicated server line not your cloud servers , your 10Gb/s speeds very good and stable but you limit to 20tb which is a massive let down sadly

any plans to make this to a larger scale?

thanks

• @HyperHost said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @fLoo - Yes, I believe this will start on 1 July and, to the best of my knowledge, will only affect customers in Germany. If you have any detailed questions about this, our accounting team can help. You can reach them by writing a support request via Robot.

@arw55 The connection for our Load Balances will be similar for the overall Cloud instances: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/CloudServer/en#What_kind_of_connection_do_the_instances_have.3F

@uzaysan I'm so happy that you want to write tutorial! :) You can go to our Community Project on GitHub and check out the guidelines for writing a tutorial. Look under "How to".

@HyperHost Thanks for your feedback. To the best of my knowledge, there are no current plans to change this for Hetzner Cloud.

On a different note, one of our coworkers in Finland stopped to take this shot of the wildflower meadow in front of our DC.

Like the flowers, it's crazy how quickly this site has grown! There's now 150,000 square meters of DC space here. --Katie

@Hetzner_OL this was in question to your dedicated server line not your cloud servers , your 10Gb/s speeds very good and stable but you limit to 20tb which is a massive let down sadly

any plans to make this to a larger scale?

thanks

They don't limit your bandwidth in cloud servers. After you exceed 20 TB bandwidth, They charge you 1 euro for 1 TB.

• arw55arw55 Member

They don't limit your bandwidth in cloud servers. After you exceed 20 TB bandwidth, They charge you 1 euro for 1 TB.

But 300-500 Mbits is not so much

• @arw55 said:

But 300-500 Mbits is not so much

I got much better results

• arw55arw55 Member

@dragon1993 said:

2500-4800 Mbps? Is this your cloud server?

• Yes, it is.

• RoldanRoldan Member

https://www.hetzner.com/ seems to be down.

• @Roldan said:
    https://www.hetzner.com/ seems to be down.

still seems down i cannot access either @Hetzner_OL

• Yup, incredibly slow

• hackermanhackerman Member
    edited July 2020

Still down. It's been over an hour.
    I wonder what's going on. Looks like a mess up with config.

https://hetzner-status.de/en.html#15853
    Correction: it's been 3 hours! Wow.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

Fault report
    Categories: General
    Start: July 3, 2020 10:35:00 PM CEST
    End: Unknown
    Description: Currently our website hetzner.com is not available. We are already working on a fast solution to the problem.
    Affected: hetzner.com
    Update: July 4, 2020 1:35:00 AM CEST
    We are continuing to work at full speed to remedy the problem.

• Hetzner site is still down

• momkinmomkin Member

They are under DDOS attack , i wonder if they can't protect their website against this attack , how they are going protect their customers :neutral:

Thanked by 2Roldan arw55
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@momkin said: They are under DDOS attack , i wonder if they can't protect their website against this attack , how they are going protect their customers

Big companies like sony and Microsoft couldn't protect itself from ddos attack , I remember I couldn't play ps4 online games because of ddos attack , a long time ago

• boerndboernd Member

@Advicerxyz said:
    Hetzner site is still down

working on my end

• jlayjlay Member

@momkin said:
    They are under DDOS attack , i wonder if they can't protect their website against this attack , how they are going protect their customers :neutral:

Not all attacks are the same, and there's always an upper limit to mitigation effectiveness

I'd assume they get a fair bit of attention from abusers, occasional hiccups are to be expected - the internet is a crazy place

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

Does Hetzner ever run promotions? I'm thinking of switching my trusty KS9 for an AX41, but the setup fee and DE premium are putting me off. I've got 6 weeks before I need to pull the trigger, but would like to get started this week.

• LeviLevi Member

@Adam1 said: Does Hetzner ever run promotions?

Yes. It happens insanely rare, but it happens. Christmas and Black Friday usually. Promos are on setups.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Adam1
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Advicerxyz - Please write directly to our support team and ask if they can unblock your IP. It may have been blocked accidentally as part of the mitigation efforts.

@jlay - Thanks for your kind words. The number of attacks has been extra-ordinarily high. Our team is working hard to mitigate them as quickly and effectively as possible while at the same time trying to minimize the impact they place on our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@Adam1 - Approximately once a year we will run a no-setup-fee sale, usually on servers whose sales numbers are a bit lower than we expected. We prefer to keep the start dates for these sales a secret to increase the suspense and the excitement when they do occur. However, our company has been working at top speed for months now due to unprecedented demand and unusual circumstances. For that reason, I would be surprised if we were to have one of these sales in the next few weeks.
    Currently, though, we have a number of products without any setup fees:
    auction servers: https://www.hetzner.com/sb
    cloud: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud
    level 19 web hosting: https://www.hetzner.com/webhosting
    Storage Boxes: https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box
    Storage Share: https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-share
    Perhaps one of these will catch your eye. There is also currently a free beta-test on Load Balancers for our cloud servers. (The Load Balancers are free, but not the instances.)
    --Katie

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited July 2020

Thanks Katie, I looked at the auctions, but the prices there dont make any sense to me, the pricing is higher than new prices with less performance? Maybe I'm missing something.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Adam1 said:
    Thanks Katie, I looked at the auctions, but the prices there dont make any sense to me, the pricing is higher than new prices with less performance? Maybe I'm missing something.

Variety of specifications and no setup fees.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@AC_Fan said: Variety of specifications and no setup fees.

Even if I distribute the setup fee over the first 12 months, it's still better value to buy new. I'm not sure a variety of older hardware (CPU) is of any benefit (unless needing a feature that is CPU specific) when the cost is the same as current hardware.

For example:

• Auction: Intel Core i7-3930 (CPU-B 8078), 2x 500 GB (SSD, SATA?), 64 GB - €49.51 pcm
    • AX41: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (CPU-B 19914), 2x 512GB (NVMe), 64GB - €46.80 pcm + €46.80 setup
    • EX42: Intel i7-6700 (CPU-B 10032) 2x 512GB (NVMe), 64GB - €46.80 pcm + €46.80 setup

46.80/12 = 3.9, so over 12 months the monthly cost €1.50 ish more than the auction server, and 3 € cheaper thereafter.

It just doesnt make sense to me.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Adam1 said:

@AC_Fan said: Variety of specifications and no setup fees.

Even if I distribute the setup fee over the first 12 months, it's still better value to buy new. I'm not sure a variety of older hardware (CPU) is of any benefit (unless needing a feature that is CPU specific) when the cost is the same as current hardware.

For example:

• Auction: Intel Core i7-3930 (CPU-B 8078), 2x 500 GB (SSD, SATA?), 64 GB - €49.51 pcm
    • AX41: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (CPU-B 19914), 2x 512GB (NVMe), 64GB - €46.80 pcm + €46.80 setup
    • EX42: Intel i7-6700 (CPU-B 10032) 2x 512GB (NVMe), 64GB - €46.80 pcm + €46.80 setup

46.80/12 = 3.9, so over 12 months the monthly cost €1.50 ish more than the auction server, and 3 € cheaper thereafter.

It just doesnt make sense to me.

You're assuming it's required for at least a year, which might not be the case. Also, the auction servers start at a significantly lower price than the normal ones.

For production, the AX-line is the best, but for hobbyist stuff, auction servers are pretty nice.

• Let's talk about why you reject new customers for unfounded reasons.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@hypothesis said:
    Let's talk about why you reject new customers for unfounded reasons.

It's rarely unfounded reasons. They are the only cheap, well-known host (besides OVH, which is a whole other discussion), and they have to work with a ton of abusers. They even accept a 20 euro deposit for verification now.
    If you're from a developing country (like me), it's better to go in with the expectation that you'll be rejected (because developing countries tend to have a higher percentage of abusers).

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Guess I'll run into problems with my Thai IP address and UK billing/paypal address then :smile:

• akhfaakhfa Member

@angelius said:
    @Hetzner_OL

with 1 target I get 14K RPS
    with 2 targets I get 12K RPS
    with 3 targets I get 12K RPS

with 4 targets I get 5K-6k RPS

Actually I'm confused about this.

Is 12k rps for each target, so in total, you got 24k rps?

Or 12k rps comes from 2 target, so each target dropped to around 6k rps instead of 14k without the load balancer?

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@akhfa said:

@angelius said:
    @Hetzner_OL

Or 12k rps comes from 2 target, so each target dropped to around 6k rps instead of 14k without the load balancer?

I think 14k wasn't without load balancer, but rather with only one instance behind the LB.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@Adam1 said:
    Guess I'll run into problems with my Thai IP address and UK billing/paypal address then :smile:

I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • angeliusangelius Member
    edited July 2020

@akhfa said:

@angelius said:
    @Hetzner_OL

In fact I get 37-50k RPS on just 1 small vm from hetzner, the smallest one (2.5€)

When I use the load balancer pointed to 3 vm the total capacity is ~12k RPS so 4k rps per vm

12k seems to be the maximum concurrent connections handled by the small hetzner load balancer.

Medium and large load balancers should have bigger capacities.

If you are interested here is the web server I am using for my tests.

https://github.com/elestio/cloudgate

And for the client I am using WRK as explained above in this topic ;)

Thanked by 1akhfa