Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• "19. U.S. Export Laws.

The Services we provide in the USA are subject to the export laws, restrictions, regulations and administrative acts of the United States Department of Commerce [...]"
    Source: https://www.hetzner.com/legal/terms-and-conditions#special-terms

Really nice move @Hetzner_OL, let's see which services will be offered! :)

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL bulbasaur
  • Here's hoping some hyperfocus wunderkind spots what important terms have changed?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@vimalware - Here's a quick summary:

We have updated the General Terms and Conditions and made them clearer. We also restructured them so that points about the same topic are located together. We have also updated the Terms and Conditions to include information about our cloud products and their performance.
    And, of course, we have removed sections about services that we no longer provide, for example, search engine listings. And we have removed the option of paying using a check. In addition, there is now an section including the EU dispute resolution.
    Since our company is growing and becoming more international, we have had to take into account regulations regarding exports and imports, especially those for the USA, which is why there are now provisions about this in the Terms and Conditions.
    If you have any specific questions about the new Terms and Conditions, we will be happy to answer them. Just send a support request via your Hetzner administration interface (Robot/konsoleH/Cloud Console). Please write to us rather than call us. We will then send you a reply as quickly as possible.
    --Katie

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Are you going to offer baremetal servers in US? Will you charge in USD or still EUR?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • eriseris Member
    edited October 2021

What is coming?

• @eris said:

What is coming?

Another price increase :D

• @eris said:

What is coming?

They are opening USA (Ashburn). Noone knows yet what they are going to offer there on launch day

• boerndboernd Member
    edited October 2021

@TeYroX said:

@eris said:

What is coming?

They are opening USA (Ashburn). Noone knows yet what they are going to offer there on launch day

Probably nothing, the Finland location was also announced long before it was possible to order something there.

• https://www.importgenius.com/importers/hetzner-us

SHIPMENTS

Product: SERVER HARDWARE HS CODE: 84714900, 84733080, 85176200, 85444991, 85444210, 85444290, 84717098, 84717050, 85489020, 85065030

Gross Weight KGS: 10127 Kgs

Quantity: 19 PKG

Thanked by 2lentro mrTom
  • edited October 2021

@xx00xx said:
    https://www.importgenius.com/importers/hetzner-us

SHIPMENTS

Product: SERVER HARDWARE HS CODE: 84714900, 84733080, 85176200, 85444991, 85444210, 85444290, 84717098, 84717050, 85489020, 85065030

Looks like they are colocating at NTT VA1? I thought they own/build their own DC similar to what OVH does in CA.

Hopefully they are able to deliver bare metal, similar to what OVH did in APAC, where they colocate at Equinix's DC

• @nanankcornering said:
    Looks like they are colocating at NTT VA1? I thought they own/build their own DC similar to what OVH does in CA.

Hopefully they are able to deliver bare metal, similar to what OVH did in APAC, where they colocate at Equinix's DC

oh good eye :D

• Does Hetzner Online support digital currency payments

• @bobe said:
    Does Hetzner Online support digital currency payments

No, they do not. https://docs.hetzner.com/accounts-panel/accounts/payment-faq/

If you just needed a vps from Hetzner Cloud, you may enjoy https://bithost.io/

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Did you forget to renew hetzner.us?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
    chronos@penguin:~$ whois hetzner.us | grep Expiry
    Registry Expiry Date: 2021-10-26T23:59:59Z
    chronos@penguin:~$ 

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

• @Not_Oles said:

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

There is a 30 day grace period to renew.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@dev_vps said:

@Not_Oles said:

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

There is a 30 day grace period to renew.

What reason would there be to purposely go into the grace period? Thanks!

• @xx00xx said:
    https://www.importgenius.com/importers/hetzner-us

SHIPMENTS

Notice how the quantity is the same amount of different servers they have on their site.
    3(EX) + 5(AX) + 3(PX) +3(SX) + 3(DELL) + 2(APPLE) = 19

I really hope they have the dedicated servers as well.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I think it won't be bare metal server.

They will probably colocate in another datacenter for the Hetzner cloud so that they can target aws and Google cloud. That's what I would do.

It's great to see this amount of anticipation for our announcement tomorrow. Even though I know what's coming, I'm pretty excited, too. I think if 'Dieter' from 'Sprockets' were here, he'd do a dance:

(Sorry if that reference is too dated for this audience.) --Katie

• Are you going to offer baremetal servers in US? Will you charge in USD or still EUR?

You've all been speculating for some time now about when and, more importantly, where Hetzner will open another location.
    Now we can finally tell you: the new Ashburn, Virginia location is available for all cloud servers with AMD processors and for all cloud features.
    The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.
    More information about our cloud products: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud
    --Katie

Thanked by 1eva2000

There's a helpful FAQ here about the new location. --Katie

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    You've all been speculating for some time now about when and, more importantly, where Hetzner will open another location.
    Now we can finally tell you: the new Ashburn, Virginia location is available for all cloud servers with AMD processors and for all cloud features.
    The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.
    More information about our cloud products: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud
    --Katie

No dedicated servers? :disappointed:

@moom0o - Not at the moment. We want to see how successful we are with this first step. And if things go well, we will consider introducing other products and/or services. So I am sorry that I can't give you a clear yes or no answer for the future. --Katie

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

it's a sad day no dedi's in US. I'll come back later :P

• I should place bets next time. I knew it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • edited November 2021

Hetzner does not accept my photo ID for verification and canceled the registered account without any reason. Seem, they're not really friendly.

• @webmasteroffers said:
    Hetzner does not accept my photo ID for verification and canceled the registered account without any reason. Seem, they're not really friendly.

Did you use govt. ID or passport?